Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Today we continue Memory World in volume 36.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AXTnCh227kY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chapter 315

Gotta love how this whole fight is pretty much a RPG boss fight where they try every strategy to weaken and finally beat Diabound instead of one shotting him with a god.

Chapter 316

How did Bakura not see that or can he always see Diabound regardless if he's hiding or not?

Chapter 317

Holy fuck this arc has some epic fights, first Diabound vs Slifer and now the Underground temple.

Saved by best girl.

Chapter 318

Bakura's soul seems to have fucked him up significantly.

Chapter 319

>can he always see Diabound regardless if he's hiding or not?

That sounds pretty obvious he can.

> her ka is a bustier/older version of her

Eh, that's a first. Mahad's didn't have a human face until he fused with it. Guess that's because she seems to directly control her and can't move her human body meanwhile.

> The fight would have been over in seconds if grandpa just summoned Exodia

BTFO

AGAIN

Wait, nevermind, I forgot Bakura just stole the key, that's convenient.

Why didn't this arc so well? It's awesome

QUALITY everywhere

Don't think he even needed that to become paranoiac in the village.

in the anime at least

also Kazuki was very sick wasnt he?
so he had to rush things

> if you can't destroy it you're just not attacking hard enough

Since when were you under the impression that this wasn't a game?

I meant the anime too, the manga is a fucking gem

yes, Kaz was in the hospital when drawing this, especially in the following chapter he was high as fuck with painkillers

the anime adaptation was probably fucked due to low popularity or the studio that worked on these episodes simply dropped the ball

Chapter 320

>Pulling shit like time stop and rewind in a TRPG
Sounds like a That Guy

oh this reveal was great but left many questions:
- is Yugi is already playing in the tabletop with a body of his own?
- if so, it kinda makes irrelevant all the surprises he had as a pharaoh so far in this arc
- wat about little Yugi and his friends?

You'd think that considering Shada got owned by exactly the same attack they would have tried taking it in account this time.

Also
> Shada doesn't die even though he was weakened by his monster having been beaten
> Kalim does even though he didn't get damaged in the fight

O-okay...

This page will never not confuse me. Why is Atem so calm and composed there when he should be freaking out at the realization it was a game

Were all the thoughts we saw Atem have fake? Was he just calmly playing the game with Bakura while his Pharoah piece was having internal monologue? It just doesn't make sense

I think the point was that Atem just understood/woke up at this moment.

I'm more bothered by the fact that Shadi/fattie seemingly knew what was going to happen with the millenery memories but clearly didn't plan such a thing to happen.
They didn't need that big ass board game for the memory world to happen didn't it? As mentioned before, we already knew it was a fake "world" in the puzzle.

If he was just consciously playing the game he would have noticed the bodies of his friends on the side I guess.

Chapter 321

Kinda funny that they've got life healthbar/powerlevel bar now even though none of this shit or the fact it's made into a game with cards and rules matters at all in the rest of the arc.

Prepare yourselves for Dragon Penis Head.

Zorc's face is imposing as fuck in the manga.

Also, obligatory dragon dick comment.

Shit scans are back but just for this chapter

Chapter 322

Bobasa is one strange guy.

remember that Anzu was the one that made Zorc BTFO in the first table top RPG

>Zorc has three bars

If you depleted one of them, he'd probably pull a Wily.

youtube.com/watch?v=AXTnCh227kY