What's your favorite manga without an anime adaptation?

What's your favorite manga without an anime adaptation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4sgZvEhXReM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sundome

the voynich hotel

yotsuba

youtube.com/watch?v=4sgZvEhXReM

Thanks Nate.

Houjin Exaxxion

Punpun

NEVER
Oh god, it hurt's so much, Sup Forums

Don't give up hope, user; Parasyte happened two decades after the fact.

Berserk

Tsukihime

All You Need is Kill

Horimiya

The OVAs obviously don't count.

I am a Hero.

It's also shocking to see how little of it is discussed here, I had to search the archive to see some threads.

kimi wa midara na boku no joou

Banana no Nana

basically One Piece but with nothing but cute girls with ecchi powers and yuri

Shinya Shokudo

Well, technically at least - it does have a Dorama. 3 seasons of it. And a movie.

Homonculus

I read it because of you Nate. Good shit my man.

Ten, for sure.

And since it's relatively fucking ancient and less popular than Akagi, it's never going to get one even though it's much better.

Your favorite? With that ending?

Eden

was going to post Ten too

alright, fine, i'll add whatever the shit this is with the bolt actions to my backlog

also, gonna have to go with biscuit hammer

Anything Mizukami-sensei writes.

despite the axing (lesbian sex on the moon was ok)

tsugumomo
and no it doesn't have one

Naoki Urasawa's Pluto

What studio could make the manga justice
and the OVA doesnt count

Thanks OP, going to read and enjoy the hell out of Biscuit Hammer

Onidere.
It is said…

Used to be discussed all the time. Then it turned to shit.

I really enjoyed part 5 of jojo. It won't be adapted. Screencap this.

Authors like Mizukami are just so rare, he has the imagination of a 10 year old but he can still piece a story together and what would be otherwise really tired storytelling comes out as really fresh and full of life. You can just feel how dedicated and true to himself he is (despite him saying various times that he's quite lazy).

Franken Fran, I guess.

An anime would be censored as shit.

They'd never do it justice.

I stopped reading it when they shifted the focus from shotgun-kun and the two grills to the edgy dude in the underwear with no fucking explanation for it at all.

Yet. And it'll be shit because it'll be censored to hell and back.

This is definitely getting one soon. It's massively popular in Japan.

Mizukami is the rarest breed of managaka there is: one who knows how to end series well.

Yumekui Merry

Fuck, I read this manga so long ago and I don't remember it at all.

I should re-read.

This can easily end being an AOTY with a good studio behind it.

First time?

100% agree. Every one of his stories is rooted in an incredibly mechanism but that doesn't stop him from making it good where it counts and making what should be a tired concept seem completely new.

Personally what really gets me is the way his characters interact so fluidly, hilariously and yet still feel like real character interaction.

Even if it was't censored who could possibly pull it off correctly? This feels like it would be either all or nothing animation wise.

Dorohedoro

Natsuki is BEST

>no Dorohedoro anime with numetal soundtrack

Yep, first time, seeing people's love for the manga in this thread made me look for it.

The MC is starting out as a pretty strong character and so far it has been playing all the fan service correctly.

its been on break for the last 2 months, and with tadome scanlating all the new volumes, and with a pretty fast turn around, its been pretty bumpin

it started up again last week, and i posted the raws up

pic related, spoiler, its a chart of everyone still alive, minus who died in last weeks chapter

Enjoy! I've read it pretty recently too and really loved it. Quality keeps going up after the first vol since the author finds out what story he wants to write, and he does it well

I can't choose:
Voynich Hotel
Spirit Circle
Karakuri Circus
Medaka Box (the good part wasn't animated)

I was actually going to say this but was wondering if it would be considered cheating.

I'd love to see an adaptation of the original Read or Die manga, with substitute teacher Yomiko and young author Nenene.

Those last three volumes man, it's philosophical and touching as hell.

Emanon

I'm asking as someone who hasn't read or watched it, but does this go deeper than "the adaptation was shit"?

Is the Hiroyuki spin off translated/worth reading? He was my favourite character in Ten.

Berserk.

Zero In

>he has the imagination of a 10 year old
A 10 year old who is tired of Shounen Jump crap.

I'm 30 chapters in and some deaths have already occured.

It's still boring and generic as fuck, and the character interactions are grossly overhyped. I don't get the appeal. Does it get better, soon?

No. Your taste is irredeemable. The middle was the weakest part since it drags a bit but if you don't like the start, don't see why you'd like the rest.

I remember reading this and skipping the chapter in which the owl knight evolved. Boy was I confused about that, only noticed when I re-read.

Mugen no juunin never got a proper adaptation. Not like I consider it possible to make one, so it's probably better if it stay that way.

Aside from that, Subaru and Reycal.
I would really love to see a Reycal anime.

Imo it wasn't shit but it wasn't a proper adaptation either.

Dorohedoro,
I'd like to see one of Spirit Circle.

This. I will never find anything like it again.

Ai Ren
and secondarily
EDEN

if that's the one I think it is, it's way too grimdark to get anything approaching a proper adaptation

it would be watered down bullshit and I'd still watch it

Also, the anime had a god-tier OP.

He was too awesome for this world

Wait a few years

That's horrible to look at.
the resolution, I mean.

Shoukoku no Altair, but the art style is so unique and intricate that I don't think anyone could pull it off. And yet...this answer is borderline because MAPPA is allegedly working on it right now. I don't...have high expectations.

It can't even be called an adaptation after the first two episodes.

I didn't like the ending

I like it myself, but the translations (as far as I've seen) haven't caught up to the manga. You'll like Hiroyuki there, though.

I'd like to see more translated chapters of the Washizu spin-off too, have read interesting spoilers of it.

Came here to say that, though I doubt they'd do it justice anyway.

doesn't anyone want to see Fuuka Ayase animated?

Fuck you it counts alright?

ORETAMA

Iris Zero

I see. Thanks.

[nipples]

I like all this guys stuff. I don't think Biscuit Hammer will ever be adapted since it would need 52 episodes.

Spirit Circle could be done in 24 or less.

Yup.

Maybe someday.

Still on Hiatus?

Blame!

It comes back already.

New chapter had a big romantical development.

>ctrl + f mx0
>zero results
how has Sup Forumss taste degenerated so far?

>Best girl just fucking dies out of nowhere
I'm still mad

Well then time to re-read from chapter 1

I think Biscuit Hammer could definitely be done in less than that. A 50-60+ episode adaptation makes more sense for Sengoku Youko.

Farmland Saga. I'm not really sure I'd want one at this point. Oddly enough I think if it had come out during the 90s then a good adaptation might have been possible, it just has that feel around itself.

Also all of Junji Ito's works. I seriously don't understand why they haven't tried an Uzumaki adaptation, it'd sell pretty damn good in and outside Japan. But then again, seeing the shitfest that was Gyo it would most likely get butchered with extra useless characters and unnecesary characters, jumpscares and shitty "action" scenes.