Would SAO be fixed if Kazuma replaced Kirito as the protagonist?

Would SAO be fixed if Kazuma replaced Kirito as the protagonist?

Why do people imagine Kirito as a completely different character than what he actually is?

What character Kirito actually is?

>Would SAO be fixed if they replaced the largest and most glaring flaw with something better
Maybe.

Konosuba already is SAO fixed.

This.

It would be a mediocre 6.5.

Going from anime satan to semi-competent and forgettable isn't a real improvement. It needs to at least rise to the mediocre parts of Code Geass season 1

Shit.

It would rate as a strong 'eh' to me.

Not really. Still sole male character otakubait bullshit.

It would last like one episode because Kazuma would get himself killed.

Gary stu

Evil incarnate. The worst kind of mary sue are soulless husks who run on quasi drama.

So all of Code Geass S1?

If by fixed you mean end in first episode because of protagonist's death than yes. He will die and there is no goddess to resurrect him.

The most glaring issue in SAO is just how boring the plot gets after the first arc. Not Kirito himself.

>implying it wasn't already boring in the first arc

The only actual good episodes that stray away from the typical "Kirito goes to a floor and helps a girl who wants his dick by the end of the episode" formula were the ones where he and Asuna investigated the murder mystery in a town.

I never said the first arc was good. It was passable at best. Godawful at worse. The "CSI" episode had me laughing so hard though thats what I enjoyed about the thing as a whole. It just had so many laughably bad moments.

this desu.
the shitty pacing already killed the show in the first arc, and then everything afterwards just drove it into the fucking ground.

The big evil in Konosuba is literally Kirito

I feel like people either do not understand or do not want to accept what SAO is.
Which is why they keep complaining about it endlessly.

SAO is very good for what it is and arguably is one of the most important isekai anime of all time, because in a way it is what heralded the recent isekai trend.

I thought it was kinda cool that the characters used an item-breaking animation to fake their own deaths in the town.

Considering how meh and predictable the show has been by that point, it was a surprisingly good idea.

SFW Rance

Maybe, at least Kazuma would either get killed in the first episode or he would naturally grow stronger instead of jumping from Level 1 to Level 40 in one fucking episode

Except I never perceived it as isekai. For me it's sci-fi detective with some cyberpunk vibes. I enjoyed first arc of second season.

Aqua's antics run the show. He'd be generic protagonist in the generic shit sao setting with generic boring characters.

>SAO
>isekai

What?
Isekai requires a protagonist to be transported to another world and then try to deal with all the natives of that world. There are no "native characters" in SAO except maybe Yui. EVERYONE knows they are in a game and that it isn't the real world. SAO isn't isekai.

until Alicization

Kirito is only one of many problems with SAO

If he gets anywhere near the amount of plot armor kirito does, he breezes through the entire thing.

He'd die at the first boss maybe even the wild boars actually.

>Isekai requires a protagonist to be transported to another world and then try to deal with all the natives of that world.
According to who? Genuinely interested, doesn't it just mean "other world" or something?

Only if SAO suddenly became a comedy about shitty PUG antics.

I'd watch the hell out of that, actually.

A better question is "would Konosuba be better, if it took a cue from SAO and advanced the romantic subplot to a meaningful stage before 15th episode, rather than the 15th fucking season?"

Even the people who still fucking LIKE Bleach and Naruto didn't fucking care, when the love interests finally got their piece. It had been so fucking long, everyone stopped giving a shit. Kirito and Asuna fucked by, what, episode 10? It left more time to actually explore Asuna's character and how it meshes with Kirito's in a romantic relationship, and even though most people still found that development to be lacking, it was at least compelling enough for people to talk about.

>and then try to deal with all the natives of that world
That is not a feature of the isekai genre at all

S-rank luck desu

am i still banned?

SAO is already great and Kazuto is a great MC. You're just butthurt that any SAO content gets translated to 12 languages and sells more than your favorite anime.

dumb kamikuro poster

u wot

Konosuba doesn't have any romance subplot.

(You)

>anime only

Konosuba is a comedy first and foremost; the romantic elements only serve to create more joke fodder.

>Would SAO be fixed if
no

Yeah, but that's not all it is. There's at least an attempt at world building, and people tend to get into all of the characters except for dorkness..

this desu

Darkness would have been a better candidate for "pre Konosuba spinoff" than Megumin

Its present in every single example of the genre commonly regarded as such

>ZnT
Saito is from Japan, everyone else is native to the world Louise summons him too
>Escaflone
Hitomi is from Japan. Van, Alan, and the rest of the cast are from Gaia
>Re:Zero
Honda is from Japan, everyone else is from witchland
>Konosuba
Kazuma and a few other "heroes" are from Japan and Aqua and Iris are from heaven, everyone else is from Australia
>Overlord
Ainz is from Japan, his NPCs are from Yggdrasil, everyone else is from the new world

And even non Sup Forums examples
>Alice in Wonderland
Alice is from England, everyone else is from wonderland
>A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
The stranger is from New England, everyone else is from Arthurian Britain
>Narnia
The kids are from England, everyone else is from Narnia

Its always "A Stranger in a Strange Land" SAO has the "strange land" down but there are no strangers. All the characters except Yui are Japanese gamers who know exactly where they came from and what reality is

did this nigga just say narnia and alice in wonderland are isekai

Are you implying they aren't?

"character gets transported to fantastical alternate world" isn't a plot LN authors made up in the last decade

Who's the demonlord? Is he nipponese gary stu folded 1 million times and blacked swordsman???

Kazzy's LUCK is plot armor.

You're confusing a "genre" with a traditional fucking word. It's like calling Three Doors Down or The Goo-Goo Dolls "grunge," even though they came out of a completely different region/time frame and have a completely different, radio-friendly aesthetic.
You could call Rick and Morty "anime," but if you do so while trying to sell Rick and Morty to someone, they're going to go into expecting something completely different from Rick and Morty.

i don't know who that is, only watched SAO for 1 season and holy shit, i feel like i wasted my time.

its like, here is this VR game that just killed a good number of people. why isn't this shit BANNED?

if not some crazy guy with too much time on his hands, then hackers with brain viruses would abuse it. it just seems like too much of a fucking hassle.

i don't get why using two swords wasn't a thing already in the fucking game about mostly 100% armed combat.

and why would you not want to work together to escape this digital hell with the very REAL threat of dying IRL hanging above you?

too much other shit that just sets off my tisms with this show.

1) Because there was nothing wrong with the game itself, just its mentally-diseased creator. Banning it would be like banning Kool-Aid after Jonestown, or banning Sup Forums after [insert on of at least a few dozen major RL-affecting incidents here].

2) The AmuSphere doesn't actually have R/W access to one's brain (the NervGear might have, but that's debatable, and remember most of those were siezed after the first incident anyway)

3) You could physically wield two weapons (in fact we see several people who did), but the game normally only allows you to use sword styles on one of them, presumably the one in your dominant hand.

4) A lot of anons here have said they would have liked to have been stuck in SAO. You underestimate how many Cyphers there are in the world.

SAO Progressive manga is legit better than Knonosuba's. You see, it has one thing called progress in which Konosuba and comedy-focused franchises lack.

That doesn't do shit. If anything that increases him being attacked by mobs desu.

Would Konosuba be fixed if Gokudo befriended Kazuma?

I think Konosuba and SAO:P fill very different niches. You can't really say that one is better than another.

>Because there was nothing wrong with the game itself
The game was pretty shit on its own.

Nah, it's just my bias. Most comedy-driven narratives have little to no plot progression. I wouldn't be so ticked off if Konosuba doesn't go off to derail Aqua's reason and motivation for being in the Konosuba world.

its a fucking chameleon, sometimes it's a very social person, but when the plot need it its a fucking weirdo who dont know how to talk with people.

>shit replace with shit
No.

Yes, but being a shitty game is not a consumer protection issue. There's a partially-excavated heap of Atari cartridges somewhere that can attest to that.

Can Rance save anime?

She's a moron, though. It's in her character to forget what she's doing and wander off to go get drunk.

Don't respond to this meme lord.

Too bad SAO doesn't have a LUK stat.

Maybe.

Only seen RailDex in anime form, what is the context here?

kuroko teleported into touma's heart and biribiri got cucked hard

SAO would be fixed if they stopped at season 1

SAO isn't a true isekai, but I agree that it set the floor for the trend to come back in full force since the majority of SAO's setting is a fantasy world that modern people have been transported to.

The recent waves of LNs, manga, and anime isekai all have the following in common with SAO
>Hardcore gamer/neet/shut-in/otaku mc
>girls who shouldn't want the dick of such a beta all want it
>Somehow hikkiness is a trait that let's you kick ass in these worlds

If you look at oldschool isekai like MAR, you've just got a normal kid with no harem who gets his skills through normal shonen shit like training.

There's no fixing SAO, but Kazuma would make for a better MC than Kirigaya "Gary Stu" Kazuto.

How much better would SAO be if Onii-sama replaced Kirito as the protagonist?

Isekai is mainly used to describe the the new wave of transported/reincarnated to another world Web Novels(WNs) coming from syosetsuka ni narou website.

They're hot shit right now and keep getting adapted first into LNs/Manga and recently even into anime, the obvious examples are Re:Zero, Konosuba, Youjo Senki the upcoming Knights and Magic and so on.

They have their own special kind of cliches and archetypes although there are a lot of unique ones as well. Those archetypes vary greatly and it would be a pain in the ass to write down all of them.
The incredibly common ones include:
Clasroom/One Person Transportations- which further branch into the MC either being OP as fuck(Oretuee) steamrolling everything or getting betrayed by classmates/fatally injured and then swearing revenge on them while exploring the world types and then you also have the ones who focus on building up or helping their respective kingdoms(Modern technology wank)/crafting shit, survival adventure ones, finding their loved ones, becoming a general of an army and leading them to glory(Senki ones) and so on.

Reincarnation ones have even more variety starting from Monster reincarnation like Kumo desuga to several souls reincarnating into one body like isekai tensei sodouki where they also affect the person they reincarnated into thus giving him the desires of his past life.

SAO doesn't fill in the criteria of being transported in an actual different world. Their world is just a game even if you do die in it. Their world doesn't have any worldbuilding whatsoever, no history, the general situation, level of technology, politics and so on. Even the bottom of the barrel narou stories try to build up their world somehow but with SAO you know its just a game with "Levels" where they climb up. Also they are just trapped there and want to get out while most narou isekai have this goal of actually adapting to the new world, culture, people and actually living their second life there.

Not really. SAO isn't a comedy series, and it's exceptionally unkind to incompetent characters. Note that Kirito resolves his problems by swording them, not by doing something outside-the-box. Kazuma would just die, or spend the series doing nothing.

Kirito in RE: ZERO is another question.

desu they could write Kazuma as a more competent character while still maintaining his personality traits. Just make him start as a weak character have him and grow stronger naturally as the story progresses, without making him a broken-ass MC who does everything flawlessly.

Kazuma is good at exploiting game systems and he's decently clever. He'd probably do okay if he had any time to gather knowledge.

The closest thing we have to this is abridged Kirito, and it's glorious, so I'm going to say yes.

Though to be fair, even a wet blanket makes a better MC than Kirito.

>SAO isn't a comedy series

I thought it was pretty funny.

I would be an infinity/10 anime.

He's super-fucked, then. SAO has basically nothing to exploit, since it's meant to be a hardcore Dark Souls-esque MMO. The only way past a boss is to beat on it until it dies.

Plus the first arc is fucking boring too if not for the once novel idea of a fantasy MMO setting

This question/statement makes absolutely no sense in regards to what the OP actually asked. No claim about Kirito's character was actually made one way or the other. Just a "what if A replaced B" question.

Someone's defensive.

That said... Kirito is an awful fucking character.

>Only two stats.
>Good equips only come from kill-stealing the boss.
>Decent skills are either from obscure as fuck sidequests, getting one randomly due to meeting some arbitrary qualifications that are dependent on your irl abilities, or cheating and giving yourself them via the devconsole.
>Everything in the game world that's not a monster or equipment is indestructible and blares warning pop-ups when you try to do anything.

SAO is pretty garbage as an MMO, I'm not sure how it ever made it past the design stage.

Shame that isekai is the go-to for shit authors, I still like the concept and it's not like it's always done poorly.

Kazuma would be dead.

Konosuba and romance... Are we even eading the same novels, or watching DEEN bringing quality animation at the same pace?

Man Konosuba is a comedy that parodies other series and their key elements often using dark comedy or the scumbag effect where no one tries farther than the bare minimum unless they got their eye on a price and any character that shows genuine emotions is often used as the oil for some burn comedy.

The romance in Konosuba is nothing but the first step towards another joke, they kept that consistent in its novels and after popularity they hammered the jokes harder just to spite the shippers.

Don't bring your shitty shipper logic into my parody novels/DEEN adlib gag Anime.

And that's what make some of us love her.

Being stupid and cry about stupid stuff is on character for her.

SAO is a much better series than KonoSuba though

Yeah I kinda forgot that the writer seems to have never played a video game in his life.

It already is.

Is Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure isekai?

I actually find Kirito's autism funnier than Kazuma's antics.

No, both are high moralfag gary stus.

It needs decisive, loyal and not gary stu main character.

Kazuma is the closest thing to Rance we have.
The Rance OVAs are shit by the way.

2 years worth of glop