SCORCH EARTH

That whole episode was so annoying
>guy into charity pays you money to avoid the fight so his kids are ok
>lol no

MICRO-MEZZO-MACROFLATION

OVERHEATED ECONOMY

>Msyu will never be yours
;_;

I did not understand this show when it was coming out. Was I just too stupid to understand the economics metaphors, or was it actually just kind of incomprehensible?

Mergers and Aquisition!

One side wanted to take loans from the future possibilities to preserve the present and the other wanted to live through the present in hopes for the future.

That was the message I got out of it.

that's your daughter

DIRECT

So was it saying anything about actual policies, or were the economics just a metaphor, too?

it was completely understandable, it was 100% about deficit spending and inflation

Yes, it was basically this.
youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=GTQnarzmTOc

kk I'll download and rewatch now that I have a better grasp on the subject.

That show was the flip floppers of its generation

>Original
>Trainwreck
>Overrated on Sup Forums, panned everywhere else
>Flopped

You could boost the economy to a certain level if you take out loans. He wanted to keep it at that level even though it would mean having to pay back the debt in the future. The debt being shoulder on the next generations thus limiting their future possibilities.

It was just ahead of its time, in more ways than one.

Isn't that every Nakamura show? They have the best threads on Sup Forums since they provoke actual discussion, but nobody I've ever met in the real world likes Gatchaman Crowds

it could simply be viewed as austerity to prevent bankruptcy and foreign countries stopping lending and deep recession vs keynsian spending/investinging the future in order to stimulate economic growth and avoid deep recession

however it doesn't work in the anime because they represent bankruptcy as a country literally being wiped from existence by a big storm thatis attracted to the dark money or something and they state that if they continue spending the dark money then they WILL go bankrupt so thebad guy will implement austerity to prevent that and survive the [C] storm , at the cost that a few people's futures will disappear , and thus the "bad guy" manages to prevent the whole of japan from being annihilated

and the MC gets outraged by this and beats the "bad guy" and instead spends a shitload in order to get back all those futures but for no reasn whatsoever the problem that was explicitly stated to be brought about by doing that doesn't come back at all

so they just did a really poor job at coming up with a visual metaphor for austerity vs keynsian economics that didn't simply seem extremely inconsistent.

basically the message you're left with is that any time a recession is happening just do austerity for like a few weeks or months when the recession is about to hit then switch to spending as much as you want after 6 months.

poor.

and

Except 「C」 has a main idea of the dilemma between "sacrificing the future to secure the present" and "sacrificing the present to secure the future" which has been debated for long by retards and professional economists alike.

In comparison flop flop is just nice sakuga with pretty colors and no real substance because the staff was busy trying to be "mysterious"

It's okay user, you can admit you just didn't get it

Even if I didn't it wasn't just random shit that tries to be dark and mysterious like Flip Flap.

No, I mean you can admit you didn't get Flip Flappers

hey man

And?

I never expected to see a thread about this show again.
I'm glad people remember it, especially those that remember more than just the soundtrack or world.

Would it have been better if it had more than 11 episodes?