Has there ever been a character more ruined than Gohan?

has there ever been a character more ruined than Gohan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4loMKwitntA
youtube.com/watch?v=9G-ssRmWPvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He starting to redeem himself though.

youtube.com/watch?v=4loMKwitntA

>being this retarded
wew

If you think that Gohan is ruined then you never liked Gohan in the first place. It's weird that powerlevelfags attached themselves to his character when Goku enjoys fighting (like they want Gohan to) and is almost always the strongest anyways (like they want Gohan to be).

They never actually liked Gohan or understood his character. They just liked the idea of inserting into an 11 year old with MAXIMUM POWER, when they watched the Cell Saga back when they were 11. They liked Gohan's power level, not his character.

>Has there ever been a character more ruined than Gohan?

God, you Gohan fags are intolerable. I'm not even exactly a fan of the character per se, but even I grew to appreciate what he became. If you aren't able to see just how far Gohan has matured as the series progressed, then you can't exactly call yourself a Gohan fan either.

If you want to call him ruined, blame it on his mother, she's the one that wanted him to be more than just a mindless Saiyan and him having a proper job and family.

piccolo

at least gohan has a job

Piccolo jobs more than people with jobs

he doesn't even get to job all that often though

say what you will about vegeta but at least he jobs more than once every two decades

piccolo is tertiary jobber at best

at best

Has there ever been a series more ruined than Dragon Ball?

Gohan is pretty cool. Sure he didn't end up taking over the MC role, but he's got a cute wife, a cute daughter, a job he likes, and in the latest filler episodes he appeared to not even be as weak as people made him out to be.

>Is one of the strongest beings in the universe
>Hur dur you need to be mediocre like everybody else! Have a job and a family!
His mother is insufferable, he had a talent and she made him into some average joe, good job.

has there ever been a character as underused and pointless as Goten?

>average joe
Let's not exaggerate.

>ITT: If you have a talent in something you're not interested in, you should drop your real interests so you can be miserable.

>the guy who wanted to be a scholar since he was 4 or so became a scholar
>ruined

Gohanfags everyone.

>It's weird that powerlevelfags attached themselves to his character when Goku enjoys fighting (like they want Gohan to) and is almost always the strongest anyways (like they want Gohan to be)
It's truly puzzling.

Just because he's a pacifist doesn't mean that his irresponsibly wasting away his fighting talent and just hiding behind his father like he used to when he was 4 isn't character regression, especially since his character arc in DBZ was precisely about manning up and fighting to protect his peaceful life and his friends and loved ones.

It's especially pathetic since he was never shown to be smart in DB/Z, and despite his supposed merits as a scholar he seems stuck in mediocrity in an unimportant position with a boss he's afraid of. Which, considering he's close friends with the richest and smartest people on the planet, is a real laugh.
I bet he's mainly living off Videl's money too.

>>the guy who wanted to be a scholar
More like the guy who was indoctrinated by his mother into being a scholar despite never being particularly good at it (considering how much studying he had to do).

Honestly, if you look at anime filler especially and at DBS, chichi seems downright ashamed of her husband, it's kind of sad. Goku could earn millions doing all kinds of work suited to his talents, but no he has to work the fields and not fly in public because it's "normal".

Gohan is his job.

Yes, Goku loves fighting but the same can be said to Gohan (of course not as much as Goku). The only reason why Goku died in cell arc was only because Gohan wanted to fight Cell more. The same reason applies to Buu arc. He could have finished Buu but Gohan decided to toy with him and whole thing ended in disaster.

If anything Gohan enjoys fighting as much as studying.

I'm sorry, what?

Yamcha had to wait over 30 YEARS to redeem himself to the fans.

And god help Chiaotzu fans.

Gohan fans are hilariously entitled.

Yamcha wasn't a huge waste of potential. I don't think Yamcha went out in a particularly pathetic manner, he simply saw his limits and retired. In fact, Super's been treating him as a bigger joke than DBZ ever did, with how they left him at home when Frieza invaded because he's too weak (yet bringing roshi), and with how the baseball game was one big joke at his expense.

saber from fate stay night

no. gohan is an emotionally damaged child who wanted to make the enemies that murdered/toyed with all of his loved ones suffer. he doesn't actively enjoy fighting for his life or fighting enemies, he was just consumed by bloodlust in those moments.

Viewtiful!

I saw a Chrono Cross callback during the Paradise Herb episode.

Toriyama even fucked him during his comeback arc

>Shows up to fight Majin Buu
>Confident, strong, not a nerd, seemingly witty
>Kicks the shit out of Buu
>Immediately gets his shit pushed in a few moments later by a guy that just absorbed his "father" and little brother

Chi-Chi was obliterated by Z.

>It's especially pathetic since he was never shown to be smart in DB/Z
Yeah that's the thing that always bothers me about the people who think Gohan's character is better because he's a non fighter.
He's never shown as smart or intelligent. He doesn't use tactics, HELL GOKU USES MORE TACTICS AGAINST CELL WITH IT KAMEHAMEHA THEN GOHAN EVER USES, he never uses any interesting or unique moves like Piccolo or even fucking Yamcha and anytime a science problem comes up everyone asks Bulma.
>Your talent can save billions of lives
>Refuse to use it
>Oh no why is everyone including my wife and daughter dead, Whis San pls halp.

Everyone missing the obvious
Launch
So bad that the man himself forgot her existence

>Dragon Ball
>wasteland environment

everytime

Parent abuse: the character.
I think he is great in this regard.

>Ruined

More like saved. Toriyama couldn't turn her into a worthless character.

This is what I was gonna say. It also lets me know who the Dragon Ball fans are and who the Zfaggots are, too.

That reminds me. What the hell happened with Cocoa after Bary was defeated? Videl was never given any explanation.

Was this just a thing that was conveniently handled offscreen?

Videl doesnt need any explanations, she knows gohan can fuck other women but his heart belongs to her

I have never been a fan of Instant Madness Powerup Gohan, and I don't care about his powerlevel, but it would be nice to see him being relevant to the plot in his own manner.

He was powerful in Trunks' future, even with that he never had a chance to win in that situation, he lost but he was a cool character and mentor figure and the way he handled that situation is something not other Gohan has been able to emule.

He could at least take Piccolo's old job of being the one who holds the situation (through dialogue or tricks if necessary), the level headed one, but he's even denied that.

I love his family side and his relation with Piccolo, but DB has already relegated too many characters, why him too?

She was cool in dragon ball

Launch lives on in SSJ.

Headcannon accepted one should always say bless you to when a Saiyan goes SSJ

Yes. She stayed that cool character in Dragon Ball because Toriyama forgot she existed and couldn't turn her into anything worse.

Gohan likes training and fighting, he just doesn't live for it, and really hates killing.

Best Gohan was Buu saga, he was still a fighter but slacked off. He felt he had a responsibility to be strong, and wanted to fight dabura etc. He was no different than trunks, having a natural urge to fight and train but not so much that it consumes him. A nature that makes sense for a saiyan-human hybrid

This Gohan is trash. Gohan had no interest in being a scholar his mom just forced him too, and when you do something long enough of course he developed an interest in the stuff but he never had a dream of becoming a great scholar.

Her relationship with Tien needs to be explored. Eventually he gives in and they live together on his farm.

People who think Gohan is smart/nerd are faggots who only watched dragon ball Z abridged.

She knows that Gohan wouldn't intentionally try to cheat on her since that isn't in-character for him. And afterwards Gohan probably just explained that she kissed him when he wasn't expecting that to happen.

Krillin.
>dies from a bullet
>gets bullied by his wife and child
He might as well shoot himself in the head.

>Dies from a bullet

You realize he's only human, right. Also

>A cyborg and a child raised by a cyborg
>Acting warm

erf derf

>Dies to a bullet

Does this happen in Super? It's annoying how in DB bullets would basically do nothing but make holes in the stronger characters when they're children, yet now that they're basically gods bullets kill them.

You both have a good point.

>his irresponsibly wasting away his fighting talent
>Irresponsibly
He have no responsability to cultivate his talent as he never asked for it nor did he take any job as planet guardian.
>It's especially pathetic since he was never shown to be smart in DB/Z
Why would DB show a Gohan lecture when it's a fighting manga? Also a guy being happy and being there for his family is pathetic? How old are you?

>despite his supposed merits as a scholar he seems stuck in mediocrity in an unimportant position with a boss he's afraid of.
Nice headcanon

Gohan does not enjoy fighting, he already saved the planet once, he doesn't owe anything to anyone and got every right to do what he want to do.

>You realize he's only human
Bullets wouldn't harm him if he had kept up his training. That was the point of the episode, Krillin realized he had really let himself go; being harmed by a bullet is unacceptable to him.

>It's annoying how in DB bullets would basically do nothing but make holes in the stronger characters when they're children, yet now that they're basically gods bullets kill them.
Bullets haven't killed anyone in Super. Krillin was shot in the arm and bled a little bit, but he wasn't really injured much.

they've learned a long time ago how destructive their fights can get. Even if it was somewhere else, it usually turns into a wasteland during the fight.

>Yamcha had to wait over 30 YEARS to redeem himself to the fans.
You do realize that Yamcha was always a joke/parody character right? He didn't fall from anything or has to redeem anything. He always was a fucking joke character of the "pretty boy who likes to show off" since his introduction in DB.
It just amaze me how many "yamchafags" don't even understand the character.

Everyone forgets that Yamcha's only victory was when against a starved Goku when he first met him, who then proceeded to kick his ass when he actually ate some food. People should be complaining that Yamcha has been nothing but a joke.

>Ruined
>when he's had the second best character Arc in DB, had a clear ending to it and is now living happily.
Fuck off.

Krillin was like that as well, his first fight vs Goku, he got quickly destroyed.

The difference is that Krillin got a girlfriend unlike Yamcha.

Krillin as a kid was tanking machine gun fire.

let's go down the list:

frieza (turned into a gold retard who still underestimated her opponents)
cell (became a chauvinistic cuck who also underestimated his opponents)
goku (became a fighting god only to need trunks help to kill a weaker version of himself)
beerus (is a rat)

>Chiaotzu fans
Might as well be a Dende fan. I mean, I won't question your taste, but you should be overjoyed just seeing your minor character again.

Never marry a chink.

>beerus
>is a rat

yamcha, but in son family goten

Cocoa blackmailed barry with the fact that his actual role is the monster. her career is safe.

she's also proven to be intelligent enough to properly use blackmail.

Gohan has always been the kind loving person that wants to turn the other cheek.... until you push him too far.

youtube.com/watch?v=9G-ssRmWPvE

>Falconershit

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOO

Pretty much this, it's all pure headcanon shit, ichirukists are the same but instead of powerlevels, it's shipping.

>Yamcha gets the best filler episode in dbs
>Krillin has the most screen time of the humans
>Tien...
I hope the Universal survival arc doesn't screw Tien

>I know you're a monster who is going to destroy the earth and possibly the universe, but I still don't want to fight you

Gohan was never good, I don't know where this meme came from

That's make me sad because Goten is such a cute and superior version of Goku

What's crazy about this is how much he's grown from basically starting back at square one. It's frustrating seeing him still have this huge potential for something he wants nothing to do with.

FUCKING BETTER DELETE THIS!!!! FUCK YOU!!! KYS YOU STUPID NINGEN

While entering the thread I thought yes obviously but now I seriously can't think of anyone

>I don't like to fight... like dad does

He's not obsessed with getting stronger like Goku. He doesn't live to fight like his father or Vegeta does. However Toriyama for no reason took him in a direction contrary to his personality. Kid grows up quite literally dreaming of adventure and then poof, book worm scholar. Not to mention, are we even told of what exactly he's studying? Or hell, even at the end of DBZ, he's supposed to be giving a presentation but on what and to whom?

Oh if we're talking about wasted potential I'm gonna say Raditz. Such a wasted character when he could have been much better than what we got.

Chi Chi

>was a good character and good personality in DB
>interesting with her fighting skills and backstory as Ox King's daughter
>top 10 strongest human once
>wasn't fucking ugly

>DBZ came in and fucked her up
>made her into a mother with no other personality than angry PMS bitch who's hard on her kid
>left behind and only returns to harass gohan and goku
>fucking ugly
>memes in some plot with aliens that brushes off all human characters

>DBS introduces Gods of the universe and multiverse

Wait no, literally everyone in DB gets brushed off
>Krillin
>Piccolo
>Roshi
>Bulma
>Tien
>Yamcha
DBZ is fucking retarded and non canon

DB was good because it was perfect and balanced, there was a story and no autistic power levels
It was a shonen but felt more than shonen
DBZ is just autistic battles
before Rei and Autist-suka there was Chi Chi vs Bulma Chi Chi is better
now we have Mexicans sperging out over Goku vs Superman vs Satima

God I'm fucking mad

Why did they make her so ugly
just end it Akira

>Kid grows up quite literally dreaming of adventure
Only in the anime.

>Fucking ugly

But the only thing that changes is that she ties her hair up. Of course her and Bulma both start to get lines on their faces once the story progresses

why is he ruined? he never really was a fighter. i mean he had talent, but all he wanted was a peacefull live all the time. he never wanted to fight and him starting a family only makes sense.
only downside is that he was always potraid as super powerfull, but never managed to do something relevant except for cell.
also if im not completely mistaken gohan wants to train again as he realized someone has to protect his dear ones, and since he has talent it would be a shame to waste it since this talen is what his dear ones could protect so we can expect him to get powerfull once again.
i like gohan overall

Comparison

Say what you want, but Vegeta worked much better as a one-time villain, or even as an asshole anti-villain who does his own thing like on Frieza saga. But then, out of the blue Akira decided to marry him to fucking Bulma (srsly wtf) and made him stick around to be an underachiever, and after getting tired of Gohan, Piccolo and Krillin, he turned Vegeta into the second most prominent character, even though Vegeta has 0 personality for it

Granted, however, he fathered Future Trunks (a much superior character)

and then we have the dragon ball super Vegeta who's basically a spoof parodie of the real guy.

vegeta marrying bulma kinda makes sense. in super its explained that saiyan woman are pretty loudmouthed, just like chichi and bulma are, so vegeta felt some natural attraction to her.
originally him staying around also made sense as he wanted to beat goku finally after his pride got destroyed by him twice and thus trained and always came back to check if goku is back. he than had to team up to defeat various enemies and since bulma was loudmouthed and never took shit from him he grew the natural affection for her. after fighting freezer and cell the character became brothers in arms and even if vegeta never wanted to admit it he grew to like them which you saw when he blew himself up

also i dont think vegeta ever was a real bad guy. he was under friezas rule and had to obey, so better grew cold emotions to do that work. after frieza was gone he became nicer

>Stumble upon some footage on youtube
>Vegeta is just about ready to suck Beerus's dick
>Pretending to be a clown and cooking and shit

Only a man with a deathwish wouldn't suck Beerus' dick

I'm appalled at how out of character he is in that clip.

>DBZ is fucking retarded and non canon
>DB was good because it was perfect and balanced, there was a story and no autistic power levels
You see, this is what we call a paradox. Because if you consider DBZ as non cannon then you cannot justify Goku retarded power-ups through DB and your "no autistic powerlevels" claim becomes bull's

Is that pic implying Cocoa is pregnant with Gohan's bastard offspring?

Vegeta has really mellowed out over the years

>tfw too intelligent not to suck cat dick

Mellowed out? He goes from calling Goku a clown to literally being a clown. He was basically a bumbling idiot goof of a comedy anime/manga MC. Doesn't the timeline of Super only take place a few years after the death of Buu?

well, yeah, it is kinda out of character for vegeta as he usually rather dies than bow down to anyone. however he got some traumatic experiences with beerus, and beerus could blow up the planet in a splitsecond killing everyone dear to him including bulma so he takes the bite into the sour apple. later one bulma gets slapped by beerus at which point vegeta starts going full rage mode and seems to be even stronger in ssj2 than goku was in ssj3 as he actually landed a few blows on beerus and resisted a few punches while goku was knocked out at a soft touch of beerus. it maybe was just to show how powerfull beerus is that even vegeta bows down to him, but i feel it shows more that he actually grew attached to his family

i dont think DBZ was a fuck up, aside from the fillers it was decent, but DB really was better as it was basically a giant fairy tails with dozens of stories and adventures. DBZ was basically training>fight>training>fight...

>DBZ is just autistic battles
>"What's that about a backstory on piccolo and Kami?"
>"What's that about explaining Goku's tail and his retarded powerups?"
>"Dude don't you see I'm too busy shitposting?"

And don't even get me started on Vegeta and Piccolo character development.
also
>interesting with her fighting skills and backstory as Ox King's daughter
>fighting skills
Wow she can use gadgets and throw a few punches and kicks, easily top 10 human

>Backstory as ox king's daughter
Literally what backstory? She is the ox's king daughter and then? Where is the backstory?

>DB really was better as it was basically a giant fairy tails with dozens of stories and adventures. DBZ was basically training>fight>training>fight
I recall only 2 adventures, the first and second search for the dragonballs, way less than your "dozens". Post Red Ribbon DB was basically like you described DBZ.

well, you can count it like that, but i see the all the small advantures they had, the experiences they gathered, the training at roshi, meeting kami, fighting enemies from the underworld from urenai baba, exploring an underwater piratecave, meeting arale, destroying the red ribbon army, closing the gates to the demonworld. seeing the little boy who never left his forest explore the whole world and try to understand all the weird things of our society like when he went into bulmas city the first time.picollo daimao overtaking the world and being the most evil of them all, who has some story with gokus master. goku traveling back in time. the tournaments itself were adventures basically. DB was just so much more story driven. luckily DB Super seems to return to that kinda and focus more on story again too

See, the thing is I can imagine Vegeta sucking up to him. What was wrong to me was how he acted, a clown. I don't remember if he actually said it, but the type of clown that says screams SORRY/GOMENASAI after their every interaction.

yeah, but i guess it just shows how much he actually likes his familly even if he never shows it. either that or it was poor writing. but since i want to enjoy the anime i go with option a

>exploring an underwater piratecave
Dude, you just triggered a fucking DB rewatch.

I want to see that shit RIGHT NOW. Also, I wanna see Bulma and Goku get locked up in the cage with glass ceiling

>pissed off from someone who mistaking marriage for food
>accepted his proposal after all this
dragon ball z comes in
>forces her son to be shut in book nerd whith no social experience of anyone his own age.
>embarrassed of goku for being fighter and makes him to be a normal business man
>literally gives no shit if the world gets destroyed along as gohan gets successful
>gets all overprotective on gohan from videl then hooks him up with her when she founds out she's rich
>idiotically slapped super buu and got herself killed sooner.
she brought this life upon herself
if she wanted a normal life then she could of went with yamcha or piccolo

>despite never being particularly good at it

Gohan was unbelievably smart for a five year old. Hated violence, though. He was a scholar forced into being a fighter from day one. The only demi-saiyan with a seemingly natural disposition towards being a martial artist is Pan; even Goten stopped giving a shit eventually.

I feel worse for Yamcha and Krillin. Their passions actually were martial arts and they ended up giving up on them; Gohan's following his and is happier than he's ever been following a childhood filled with emotional trauma.

Gohan went 7 years without fighting or training. He obviously didn't like it that much.