ITT: Language and how it affects us and others

Sup Sup Forums, I'm writing a essay and I would appreciate if you could answer my survey on profanity and anonymity. Will post the entire essay when I'm done, but I need your answers.

(insert a gee here)oo.gl/forms/z01yhpMueJRrHLUy2

Thank you very much for your participation!

Here's a few earlier studies done regarding Sup Forums, I suggest you read them.

arxiv.org/pdf/1610.03452.pdf
aaai.org/ocs/index.php/ICWSM/ICWSM11/paper/viewFile/2873/4398
arxiv.org/pdf/1510.00240.pdf

Personally, I believe that profanity is crucial to the survival of our Sup Forums-culture as it creates a Darwinistic struggle not to be a pommy cunt.

Here's the previous thread I made

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCUn0z_ZbA1se1QIwWWQvnjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pitiable selfbump

we need to abandon latin based script, using the same script makes us an easy target for globalists

we need to go isolationist all of us

I propose the return of glagolitic script in my country

I propose the return of oral traditions, can't really infiltrate those to the same extent as written records.

yeah but we need scripts so...

Or just especially bred autists who can record information and regurgitate it at command. Enter the autistocracy.

Filled it in man
Holy shit the studies are hilarious : “Nigger” is the most popular
hate word, used in more than 2% of posts, while “faggot” and
“retard” appear in over 1% of posts. To get an idea of the magnitude
of hate, consider that “nigger” appears in 265K posts,
i.e., about 120 posts an hour"

Thank you. It's funny that you mention that, since "Jews" are the most numerous answer that I received on why people use profanity.

It would have been better to use predetermined answers, expect lots of SWEDEN yes , cuck, Sven and other memes disturbing the outcome

youtube.com/channel/UCUn0z_ZbA1se1QIwWWQvnjQ

Well I wanted self-reported answer because previous studies had done the corpus analysis. However, even if I get obscene answers, I can still use that in the essay when I discuss the Online Disinhabitation Effect.

Ah I see
A lot of people say Sup Forums becomes a different place based on where people are awake, like Sup Forums during American hours is a vastly different place from the Australian Sup Forums or the European one.
Will you adress those differences as well?

I don't intend to address those differences at length beyond stating that there is a good balance between native english speakers and those with english as a second language.

Interdasting

Well, looks like replying to daily slide thread 4234892 is more interesting to the majority of Sup Forums.

American Sup Forums is one of the most retarded places to be. So many shills too.

European Sup Forums is comfy and informative, American Sup Forums is e-celeb gossip and arguing who is whiter (protip: none of them)

When would peak time for Europe/USA be? After work or in the late afternoon?

Late afternoon tends to overlap a bit with americans waking up, so the middle of the day tends to be the best imo.

Bless you swedebro

And blessings unto you as well.

>What makes you use profanity?
A nigger a day keeps the normies away.

That's a nice answer, but answer thusly in the actual survey if you already haven't.

That's what I wrote and submitted, should I take the survey again and be more serious?

Nah, you don't need to do that, I'm just trying to get more people to answer the damn survey, I only need 39 more answers.

well then have a bump

Thanks!

what might be also an interesting topic to study is the the distribution of mems (pictures/webms) and collecting of such media by the userbase (folders)

Indeed, however that is a topic more suited for system analysts, I have to focus on the sociolinguistic impact of anonymity and profanity.

Bump

words like nigger and faggot lose their meaning because of how much they're used in a certain context.
fuck has lost its meaning just because it was used so much. If I want to emphasize a point, I avoid hyperbole

before i complete the survey
by profanity do you mean average offensive curse words, or do you mean naming jews and niggers et al?