Why does this series feel like it was written by someone with only a tenuous understanding on how humans behave and...

Why does this series feel like it was written by someone with only a tenuous understanding on how humans behave and interact with each others, and no grasp on storytelling whatsoever?
I've never experience anything else quite like it with any other piece of media I've consumed, being it arthouse cinema or fanfiction written by 12 year olds.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZpL95IeYB0Q?t=869
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/m/ will try to tell you it's the subs but Japs said the same thing. Tomino self-parody. Only good part was the OP and a small number of the battle scenes

I like the designs and the setting, and there is a somewhat interesting story under all the nonsense, but it feels like I'm watching something made by an autistic person, or an alien.

What is weird is that many Japs and western fans will praise Zeta as one of the best series of all time when it has the same level of writing and storytelling.

Give up. You aren't intelligent enough to comprehend it.

That's absolutely wrong. Zeta's writing is nothing like this.

>I can't accept anything that doesn't conform to the rules of conventional storytelling.

G-Reco outs so many retards here.

It has some similarities (even 0079 does) but Reco is more like a bad Turn A than it is like Zeta

>Japs said the same thing
No, one guy said it>Why does this series feel like it was written by someone with only a tenuous understanding on how humans behave and interact with each others, and no grasp on storytelling whatsoever?
Only if the person watching never interacted with humans, tell me OP how often o you socialize?

Did you missed the part where I said that it isn't just absurd by conventional storytelling standards, but also compared to every art house and experimental fiction I've seen?

Feel free to name any other piece of entertainment where the characters talk and act like in G Reco, and with similar storytelling.

Because you started watching anime after the year 2000.

Your brain has been permantly tainted by the likes of Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece being your primary exposures and then turned into pure liquid shit because you watched garbage like Darker than Black, Gurren Lagann and Code Geass.

You are a literal subhuman in the anime fandom.

Give me an example of unconventional storytelling.

I'm 44 episodes into Gundam Age. When does it get bad?

their society is legit fucked up and they treat war like a schoolyard game of pretend where you can arbitrarily choose sides.

It already has. You're just a shiteater.

L'Année dernière à Marienbad, Resnais.

>is more like a bad Turn A
Plotwise probably but in terms of writing Turn A is one of the most accessible Tomino shows. That's why plebs like it so much.

Every anime ever, including your shitty Beboping Cowboys, Stars that happen to be Outlaws, and The Utena

>Turn A is one of the most accessible Tomino shows.
You forgot to put an #AlternativeFact in your post when you mistaken this site for Twitter

post jaburo 0079>post moonmoon ZZ>pre jaburo 0079>zeta> pre moonmoon ZZ.
Prove me wrong.

Turn A worked that way sometimes too. When Reccoa betrayed AEUG it was meaningful and made sense but lately it's just "Oh, I was on a side? Our culture forgot how to form in-groups since that's not a instinctual human behavior or anything" and nobody cares at all

But this is literally the best character in any Gundam series

That would imply that Bebop and Utena have the same style of writing and storytelling, which means you have no fucking idea of what you're talking about.

>assuming there is any TV writer on the planet other than Seth McFarlan that can write realistic dialogue
Last three eps

Explain how these are similar to G-reco. Or each other for that matter

A thousand years of true peace will do that to you I guess.

I am not acquainted with Twitterlore. Are you saying that Turn A is not accessible?

>That would imply that Bebop and Utena have the same style of writing and storytelling
They do, G-Reco just does it better
>which means you have no fucking idea of what you're talking about.
Whine harder, ANN.
They are famous anime from Japan, you need nothing else, Evageeks.

Episodes 1 through 36 are subpar at best, would not recommend it to normies

A lot of characters like Mask never "swapped sides" everyone just seemed to have their own agenda they were working towards, it was like everyone in the main cast was at war with each other and any alliances were situational at best. I found it interesting.

Objectively the third best Tomino show and excellent spiritual successor to King Gainer.

Fight me cunts.

So are you saying that G Reco has better writing than every other anime ever made? And what about live action?

>When Reccoa betrayed AEUG it was meaningful and made sense
>meaningfull and made sense.
>Literally was just looking for a dicking and switches over because char wouldn't give her any.
Don't give me that she was broken by the war bullshit and she didn't consider herself a person anymore.
Lots of people got fucked over by the war, but you don't see them betraying their friends and gassing colonies because of it.
She is just a complete mental case.

This is Sup Forums; Evageeks doesn't work as a boogeyman since no one cares about it in the first place

Who the fuck would fight with someone objectively correct?

It's slow for people who like action but comfyfags love it. The narrative and the reasoning of the characters is very easy to follow.

Poor writing can be explained by Newtype autism.
Isn't Gundam wonderful.

What is King Gainer like?

That's the point though; she's a mental case. Exactly the reason real governments don't give security clearance to people with serious mental problems; they'd be vulnerable to that type of pressure. Recent Tomino isn't like that; people are just doing their own thing without trying to reconcile their individual goals with their social context or just doing whatever for no good reason.

Stick to A/Z

DAS IT MANE!

youtu.be/ZpL95IeYB0Q?t=869

Don't remind me, I was fine with Amuro and Pajeet, but it really got grating by the time with Katz and Sarah, who are very annoying themselves.
I know Katz is supposed to be a fucking idiot kid that was over his head in and idealized the war too much and died the stupidest way possible because of it.
It doesn't make him any less shit.

It's Russian Xabungle

His characters do the same the same the same thing even in his non-Gundam series so you'll have to think of a different excuse.

Anyone has the gif of Raraya going from laughing to crying in a second?
It encapsulates G Reco perfectly.

So poor writing without the gundam space autism excuse?

If you insist on the term "poor writing".
I'm just pointing out that "space autism" was never intended to be an explanation for it.

I've seen Daitarn and Zambot and the characters acted normally. He probably got worse when he was given more control and with age.

>he's never seen Xabungle

a sad existence

only Evageeks would say that

>So are you saying that G Reco has better writing than every other anime ever made?
No, just the trash normies like, top tier writing is something limited to Shoji Kawamori.

Wasn't he like super depressed during his time with the gundam franchise?
I am still going through it myself, but I heard he was at his peak depression when he was making victory.

Depends on the series.
But from the look of things he was depressed while making Zambot too.

I haven't watched many old anime shows, I feel likecwarcging more since I really liked 0079's feel, but I first want to finish going through the entire gundam franchise.
I am on victory now but I have only watched the first episode.

man do people fall for ANN's misinformation so easily

What misinformation? You mean the review that call it bad? Rightfully.

>Too smart to hate Tomino

>agreeing with ANN's horrid reviews ever

Turn in your Sup Forums card

Hi ANN, came to Sup Forums to defend your bias are we?

yup, you forgot to put #AlternateFacts in your post and this is not Twitter

>everything who doesn't agree with me is twitter, ann, animesuki, etc
Pathetic, like hillaryfags who call everyone russian spies

*everyone
Oops

>over 2 years later and retards still don't understand G-Reco

It's not even funny anymore.

Just like this meme.

Except Hilaryfags are correct unlike Trumpfags
G-Reco is very easy to understand, it's called read the subtitles. If you do that then boom!

When will you let it go, user?

I understand it and it was still bad.
No need to shill anymore, CTR.

I agree, it's very easy to understand, the plot, factions and themes are simple.
Unfortunately this doesn't make the writing not shit.

What's shit about the writing?

>No need to shill anymore, CTR.
I'll shill forever just to spite you.
Nothing, user just got up from his afternoon nap

Pacing, tone, dialogue, characterization, basically the whole package.
Good concepts don't make a good show if the execution is shit.

Who is the Trump of Gundam?
Who is the Hillary of Gundam?

I can understand why someone would be bothered by the pacing and dialogue, lot's of things have been said about those, but they are distinctive features of Tomino's storytelling I've come to appreciate.
What's wrong with the tone? What's wrong with the characterization?

The only bad thing about G-Reco was the pacing. Events happened one after the other leaving little time for the viewer to really get to know the characters, flesh out the side characters and really get that tension going.
It felt like watching a 50 episode series compacted to 25, something that was true.
Other than that everything else was good and it was enjoyable but the pacing issues and what they cause really drag it down.

>What's wrong with the tone? What's wrong with the characterization?
Nothing, ANN likes to whine

I loved it.

>What's wrong with the tone?
All over the place. Ruins any attempt at making the drama engaging.
>What's wrong with the characterization?
You liked the dozens of side characters left with barely any characterization? As a result of the pacing being shit, only the main cast got attention.

My theory is that it was on purpose. Trying to portrait how human might behave in the future, after horrible horrible wars.

I just don't understand how can Tomino knock it off the park with Turn A but fail in his very next try?

G-Reco is a case of art imitating reality where as the majority of Anime is just Anime imitating other Anime series. Of course Sup Forums is autisitic so they can't understand real human beings.

First, Turn A isn't that good. Second Tomino made a lot of (bad) anime between Turn A and G-Reco

>I've seen Daitarn and Zambot and the characters acted normally
In Zambot the bully character went through the Jin Family base with a fucking shotgun and accidently shot Kappei's mom. Nobody in Daitran 3 acts like a normal human
He wasn't depressed during Zambot

>Second Tomino made a lot of (bad) anime between Turn A and G-Reco
Wings of Rean...and that's it. Coincidentally Wings of Rean is the only Tomino work that has no value whatsoever, even Garzey's Wing is more entertaining.

>All over the place.
It's pretty consistent. Classical happy Tomino. Serious things happen but you are not supposed to take them very seriously.
>You liked the dozens of side characters left with barely any characterization?
Yes?
>only the main cast got attention
Just like in any other show?
Though to be fair I don't think the main cast got more characterization other than through being in more scenes.
The focus of the narrative is not so much to justify the existence of each individual character. The character are there to add life, color to the world. For example minor one-scene crew members have meaningful interaction with the main characters or with each other. Even the main characters are not defined by their reason for existence but by the fact that they exist. What matters is not how a specific character came to be but how they interact with their surroundings and with other characters.

And New Translation and Overman King Gainer which many Tominofags think is good for some reason

>And New Translation
Zeta Gundam was already bad.
>Overman King Gainer
Is not bad.

>Why does this series feel like it was written by someone with only a tenuous understanding on how humans behave and interact with each others, and no grasp on storytelling whatsoever?
Sounds like pretty much any anime coming out these days.

From what I remember, in the first episode Belry literally delivers the orange haired girl, who was a prisoner at the time, all the way from her collapsing prison back to her Gundam and just kind of walks along side her, yelling for her to stop but not making any kind of physical attempt to prevent her from getting into the Gundam. She gets in, he just follows behind her, they go out and fight some mooks in mechs, Belry at some point takes the controls from her and kills her commander or something. This whole sequence made absolutely no sense. Belry's motivations in this scene have been established as A) he's interested in orange haired girl, possibly romantically, so doesn't want her to die, but B) wants to prevent her from attacking his comrades, since he's a soldier working at this military base. 1/2

Tomino really likes characters not finishing their sentences or just yelling out random words all of a sudden with no rhyme or reason.

Judging from how his character and motivations have been established, you would expect him to physically bar her way somehow, like by grabbing her or threatening her with a gun, but he doesn't. Instead he (and every other soldier present and in the area) simply let her walk into her mech, uncontested. So, explain this to me like I'm retarded. Why did Belry let her get in the Gundam when it was well within his power to stop her at any time? Keep in mind that this is just one example indicative of the general problem with the writing in this show.

Gladly, I'd rather watch dog shit being shat than turd dry and going GGGGG.

Because he's a kid.

Okay, so what?

Do you think that Tominoe was experiencing altheimers while making this show?

Depends, would you describe what you're experiencing right now as
a) the pleasure of making a bad bait combined with a poor joke
b) the pleasure of making an ignorant comment
c) the pleasure of being cummed inside
d) the pleasure of shitting on a guy who used to be successful
e) the pleasure of getting a (you)

What? I answered your question.

No you didn't. Him being a kid doesn't change his established motivations or his ability to stop her. You need to explain what "being a kid" has to do with his willingness or ability to stop her from getting in the Gundam. Remember, I'm retarded.