Your name

I just returned from the cinema.
HEALING anime of the decade.
Finally my scars from 5cm per second are gone.

Thanks for the blogpost. Subscribed.

it's pretty therapeutic yeah

moves your heart

I've come back too
I know that I may make some anons angry, but THIS is my favourite film of Makoto Shinkai.
Finally an happy ending, nowI believe I can love again and have a waifu.

Thank you for this experience Makoto

*I just come

Me too

I still can't believe this didn't get an Oscar nod.

I wonder if it's because it didn't meet the technical Oscar eligibility requirement of being publicly exhibited in a normal paying theater for at least 7 days in LA County during 2016, and advertising such exhibition.

>I wonder if it's because it didn't meet the technical Oscar eligibility requirement of being publicly exhibited in a normal paying theater for at least 7 days in LA County during 2016, and advertising such exhibition.
It got send around for consideration, so no.

This meme movie was a mistake.

I have watched "Your Name" and liked it quite much, but I guess I can be easily emotional if the movie's done correctly.
I have yet to watch 5cm... is it that bad (speaking of they will never find each other and whatnot). Will it break my heart.

>yfw this got snubbed for Oscar gold by a mediocre Ghibli movie and some movie from France that nobody heard of until it got nominated

Me too
italian?
Pretty good OP theme and movie.
I found the dub script a bit unnatural though.

Yes it's his best one, I still think he's a weak storyteller though
everyone knows the animation category exists solely to circlejerk disney

>I still can't believe this didn't get an Oscar nod.
Not enough expore in the US on time for the nominations.

The Academy doesn't care if it has been received with critical aclaim in Japan and all of Asia before, it must have enough buzz in the US around October/November of the year preceeding the next year's February festival.

>It got send around for consideration, so no.
Way too late, Funimation didn't do a good job at exposing it enough.

If Shinkai truly wanted an oscar nomination then he would either have the movie in US territory as early as September, or would just released around May 2017 and secure a great marketing campaign to secure a 2018 nomination.

Same here, just came back from cinema. The animation as expected was amazing, though I think pacing had some glaring issues.

>Not enough exposure.

Same here user.
I just returned too from the cinema, nothing like 5cm per second.
Also your name is one of the few movies who actually made me cry, expecially on this scene Not him but I'm also italian.
The dub script seemed out of place on some occasion, nothing too serious fortunately.

Not enough for the Oscar,
They don't exactly count Sup Forums and MAL as exposure.

The recluse people who nominates all the nominees don't even know Kimi no Na Wa exists, they don't read raving reviews on the internet, if Funimation didn't have it screening in a renowned theather next to their villas then Shinkai's masterpiece might as well have never existed.

>I still can't believe this didn't get an Oscar nod.
It has barely even aired in the US, way too late for a nomation, the old foxes runing the oscars might not even know the movie exists.

Shinkai didn't have this shit together for the movie to be realeased earlier in the US and Funimation didn't help either.

It would never get an Oscar nomination unless some new nominee comitee was a raging weeb that watched the movie on day one in Japan or Asia.

So Oscars aside, did it find a way?

Yeah, thank God it wasn't like 5 cm
Mandato i porconi per quel finale.
I hope the JP dub won't dissappoint me, I felt it almost got me to cry but I'm not really used to watch anime movies in italian
BD when?

Shinkai doesn't just not care about the Oscars, he said in interviews he hopes it wouldn't win.

Guy's really humble.

The people that nominate for oscars don't give a fuck and most don't even bother watching the movies
it didn't help that funimation only had the bare minimum screenings to qualify
I don't know what funimation are doing, madman got it released in aus/nz with both dub and sub so i don't know why burgers have to wait another 5 months

>obscure freakin' Chinese fuckin' things
Did Norman Normsborn from Normieville write this?

>Lego movie
>genuine oscar worthy

It was miles better than anything disney shat out recently, but come the fuck on

>That pic

>The Academy doesn't care if it has been received with critical aclaim in Japan and all of Asia before, it must have enough buzz in the US around October/November of the year preceeding the next year's February festival.
>It has barely even aired in the US, way too late for a nomation, the old foxes runing the oscars might not even know the movie exists

This.

Funimation fucked up by thinking that they could do the bare minium to qualify for Oscars by releasing it for one week in December, and then basically prayed it would generate buzz enough.

They had the rights for the movie since July. What the fuck were they doing since then? If they hadn't sat on it for so long and screened it at more film festivals along with a limited release throughout the country, it could have generated buzz.

>Shinkai doesn't just not care about the Oscars, he said in interviews he hopes it wouldn't win. Guy's really humble.
It's not that he's humble, it's just that he has low self-confidence and can't understand his own success. He's said before that he doesn't think he deserves to be compared to Miyazaki.

But yes, he's probably relieved. He has already said that he doesn't know how he can top Your Name after all the success it had. Getting an Oscar nod would have only added to his anxiety.

>Shinkai didn't have this shit together for the movie to be realeased earlier in the US and Funimation didn't help either.

Funimation definitely fucked up, but how exactly did Shinkai "not have his shit together"?

>I have yet to watch 5cm... is it that bad (speaking of they will never find each other and whatnot). Will it break my heart.

Yes

Up until the Oscars noms it did at least

Does anyone else who saw both The Red Turtle and Your Name thinks that the former deserved to be nominated more?

"normies" loved the movie though, that comitee member is just your average dad that doesn't care for any animation that isn't something his 6 year old kid pestered him to watch at the nearest theater.

Any "Your Name" thread with people saying it cured the 5cm per second scars are basically spoiling it, yes the couple never meet again, the girl moves on and is engaged to someone else, the guy just becomes a wage slave, there's a final tease with them being close to reuniting again but it never happens.