Little witch academia

jesus christ this anime has some of the worst QUALITY i have ever seen. the ova was good, but the tv versions is just so badly done

nonetheless you can expect thousands of newfags on anime website rate this a 10/10 and a modern classic like klk in the near future

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLNHSrJoqFM&index=1&list=PLuPNSyztkHPqV-M4ePSmN_2BLhONu0WLg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah I too get mad at smear frames.

That's just the usually Trigger animation.

>>H-Hayaii

>the OVA didn't have weird frames

I have no time for plebs with zero sense of aesthetics.

This post is embarrassingly dumb. You don't know anything about anime production.

I want to bully Akko

>jesus christ this anime has some of the worst QUALITY
No.
I bet you think pic related also is an instance of QUALITY.

What's wrong with smears?

Oops.

That's genuinely bad animation, though

Smears are alright but Trigger smears are pretty much keyframes. You're not supposed to notice shit like this but Trigger animates at 3 frames per second.

Can someone explain this stuff to me?

What are trigger frames and keyframes?

It's not, people just nitpicked one or two frames out of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LLNHSrJoqFM&index=1&list=PLuPNSyztkHPqV-M4ePSmN_2BLhONu0WLg

If by two frames you mean that whole scene, sure.

Yeah sure

>Trigger smears are pretty much keyframes
What do you even mean by this? I don't think you even know what you're saying.

It's actually really well animated. It just looks shitty. It moves well but doesn't work for the scene at all, stylistically speaking.

fucking nerds.

You could nit pick them out of any show.

LWA ticks all the boxes for a "modern classic" so don't be surprised when it sells a lot and gets high scores.

I wasn't being literal, but the smears in Trigger animation usually take up 2 or 3 frames which makes them more noticeable.

And that bothers you because?

/thread

>this is the worst quality I've ever seen
>among the five animes I've seen so far

I just threw out this notion in the general thread to fish up some buttmad (You)'s, but got close to none and then this fag comes around and gets all the attention.

OP's right though, QUALITY is strong in this one.

>which makes them more noticeable.
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

>animes

I keep seeing this show spammed on here

Does this mean it's THAT show this season?

Fantastic bait OP, look at all the (You)s you are getting!

I'm so proud.

>mfw I don't give a fuck about the correct usage of the plural of certain nouns.
not that same user though.

Classics usually bomb, become cult hits, influence creators in the field, then get recognized by academic scholars in the field as a classic.

It's pretty much near universal in all media with only a handful of exceptions each century.

It's subjective. I personally like quick 1 frame smears. It subconsciously makes the action look more dynamic. What I don't like about Trigger sakuga is that it feels very linear and sometimes even staggered. I know they're going for a very loose cartoony look and doing that helps but I'm just not a fan of.

>I go to English-speaking imageboards and butcher the language because I don't give a fuck

Good for you, you look like a degenerate.

>academic scholars of anime
>it's actually just a bunch of neckbeards in their mom's basements and youtube personalities like anime snob and digibro

>Implying

>***,714位/***,672位 (***,531 pt) [*,**0予約] 2017/04/19 TVアニメ「リトルウィッチアカデミア」Vol.1 Blu-ray (初回生産限定版)

Inb4 Trigger PR shill screenshot, the studio is basically owned by Good Smile Company. He HAS to shill for merch products.

>Sup Forums - Animu & Mango

Japan wouldn't allow filthy gaijin any opinions inside the Diet.

hey that's what I live for senpai.

Fluid animation is better than animation that looks perfect every frame because they barely bother moving the characters around and the fps is low

>make a falseflagging shitpost
>use correct usage of words
Pick one.

True autism boys. This guy can't even draw and he's talking about "linear and staggered" animation.

Well I am a 3D animator and VFX artist so I know these concepts. My drawing skills are subpar I admit it.

Obligatory exception.

>people talking about their hobby in response to someone asking about it
>gives an actual constructive response
>"true autism"

This will make him think twice about discussing anime on Sup Forums

It still amazes me that jerkcity is updated daily to this day, and despite that, has like minimal exposure.

I can't put my finger on it, but compared to other anime, LWA's animation seems kinda rough. For example when Akko falls off her broom

Still a really good series though

post spooky sucys

>She sees your dick

Sucymind

GIMME 5

Boo.

>Succy

ITT :

- Squash and Stretch is bad animation practice
- Animating on twos or threes is bad animation
- Animation shouldn't depict movement
- Animation should look as good as a still pose on every frame

Wew lads. I sure hope animation studios hire you all so we can finally have great animation in this industry.

>animation frame
>QUALITY
Is this a meme or something?

Literally who are you quoting?

Just because a practice isn't inherently bad doesn't mean a work that does use them can't be bad.

He literally quoted nobody though

Relax nigga

Loved this scene

WHO CARES ABOUT AN INJURY OR TWO OR THREE OR FOUR OR FIVE OR SIX?!?!

Here, have a (You), you earned it.

>*BRUUAAAAPP*

It's gonna jump to the upper 100s again after the episode airs.

>old
>masters

>Is this a meme or something?
Yes.
Just play along with the OP.

Finland wins again.

>between frames are an example of poor quality
Been here 3 whole hours, champ?

>calling someone newfag with a klk image
The madmen.

see this idiot Spouting "smears aren't bad!" isn't an excuse for a show looking like shit regardless of the use of smears. Smears or no smears, Konosuba looks like shit.

Did you think you were making a point here?

>you will never be so cool

That was a legitimate question, though.

>1 episode in
>Sucy is unlikably bitchy and manipulative instead of just likably bitchy and manipulative
>Akko's energetic, oblivious earnestness is actually adorable instead of just abrasive
>Lotte's still Lotte

What happened?

>butcher the language
It's a loanword, you dipshit. It's not "part of the language" per say.

>Sucy is unlikably bitchy and manipulative instead of just likably bitchy and manipulative
I think since they have 24 episodes, they wanted to give Sucy an actual character arc

it didn't look showcase

I know the meme is "it's stylized"

but that's exactly what it was. The entire episode was an exhibition by a guest animator.

This is why we can't have nice things. Autismo r/eddit kids grew up with computer generated stiff blocky animations and don't understand the fluid smear animation is so much better its not even funny.

These scenes in Naruto were some of the best animation in the entire series, and some of the best animation I've ever seen period. But no, retards like you made fun of it and so they shit on the animation budget and we got stiff: The Anime, the rest of the way through.

>Smear frames are bad quality
Kill yourself googem

Lotte is gay now

Sucy is hilarious as a sociopath

It's actually the opposite. Smear frames are difficult to do right. Any animator would know this.

>inbetweens = deformed frames
Just because that's the norm doesn't mean it should be. Inbetweens and key frames exist because skipping a lot of frames makes it easier to keep track of model consistency and movement. Inbetweens are there to fill in the frames that were skipped, but that doesn't mean it has to be a deformed transition from one key to the next. Key frames are the rail that guide the animation, but inbetweens are the actual bulk of it. The only reason they're usually deformed is because they're often outsourced or rushed due to it being too much work making them properly, since they're so many. Ideally, they should be just as well drawn as the keys. Smears or not is irrelevant, even smeared frames can be drawn properly, like so

How do I make Constanze to like me?

>One of the few episodes of Naruto that is actually beautifully animated
>Bad animation
Fucking

Become an engineer.

Which studio do you think would do the best job of LWA?

I'd have to disagree with you Ideal. Smears and other deformations are useful for creating movement between frames too. they mimic the shutter of a camera and can add to the fluidity of percieved movement. while frames that are prefectly on model and still the entire time can create a janky and jadged look if not well done.

Anyways. its different tools and techniques for different scenarios.

little_witch_going_very_fast_at_high_speeds.jpg

Smear frames aren't exactly the best looking things but that's perfectly normal anyway.
Like, do you sometimes pause a video of someone talking and he happens to make an awful face by having his eyes half-closed, his upper lip showing too many teeth while the other is inside his mouth? This kind of shit is ridiculous no matter how good-looking the person is and it's even rather ugly.

These guys are expecting EVERY SINGLE FRAME to look like a painting but the occidental animation style doesn't work like stuff you'd see in a Shinkai movie.

Buy German shit and annually attend Oktoberfest

>The only reason they're usually deformed is because they're often outsourced or rushed due to it being too much work making them properly, since they're so many.
No, it's a stylistic choice, to the point some people have written papers and coded systems on how to replicate it in 3D animation.

>. The only reason they're usually deformed is because they're often outsourced or rushed due to it being too much work making them properly
nice way of saying you don't know anything about anything. thanks for adding to the conversation.

Tattun is already shitposting?
how far will you take this risk man

You're not disagreeing with my ideal. I said smears aren't bad, they can be useful and sometimes necessary, and they can also give a lot of style. However, the point of inbetweens is NOT to be deformed frames. Hell, good smears are even present in key frames sometimes. My point is, being an inbetween isn't an excuse for being badly drawn. And no, smeared is not my definition of badly drawn. By badly drawn I mean deformed shit like this . If you are forced to deform (outside of smears the models in order to to transition properly, that just means your key animation was bad as well, to begin with.

Idiot. Read my fucking lips. By DEFORMED I don't mean SMEARED.

Nice way of saying you don't have half a brain to perform reading comprehension with.