Scanlation Thread

What manga are you typesetting/translating/ripping?

Other urls found in this thread:

curiouscat.me/BomberDRufi/post/88004313
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Decided to (re)-start a translation group with my old friend(s)

Will pick up Self and Sen to Man

>ripping
Careful. There's currently some drama going around about threads getting deleted if they mention piracy. So everyone pretend that they work for professional localizers... Good thing I totally really do and don't have to pretend!

>There's currently some drama going around
Please elaborate.

translating tsugumomo to sp, i need to stop being a lazy piece of atleast once in my life

daiz reported a thread for copyright infringement then made a victory post

>Sen to Man
Based. Good luck.

user was ripping manga from VIZ/Dark Horse and taking requests, an angry redditor didn't like that, so he reported it and somehow the thread was deleted.

How would you pronounce this name?

cute loli toes

not to mention his hardcore shilling yesterday

>user was ripping manga from VIZ/Dark Horse and taking requests, an angry redditor didn't like that, so he reported it and somehow the thread was deleted.
That thread was like 300+ replies and the OP had already stopped posting.

That's ridiculous. It's not like scanlations aren't infringing copyright.

He could have come back, who knows.

still not a good reason to delete the whole thread

I, uhh, can't read Japanese...

learn hiragana and katakana and then learn 4000 kanjis and you will be fine.

That doesn't stop most translators

how?

you can help with editing/typesetting/buying raws if you don't want to learn Japanese

It was a joke about incompetent translators.
Though there are people who run stuff through google translate and rewrite it to be legible in english, even if it's entirely wrong.

I might look into that since I prefer manga to other mediums because of its ease of access.

It's also not that I don't WANT to learn Japanese, I'm just entering grad school within the year and I'd rather wait until things settle down a bit

god bless those poor guys who spend their time learning japanese to bring us manga.

Please, like that's going to stop anyone. He can just make another thread when he feels like taking requests, and no one can stop him from uploading anything.

>an angry redditor didn't like that
>redditor
any confirmation on this?
why does reddit hate anime?
who are they even whiteknighting for?

Learning Japanese is really hard, it takes months or even years of learning to be able to read most manga properly
But typesetting and redrawing are easier to learn, you can get good in a month, or even a week if you already have some basic editing skills

I was searching info before getting Nioh vidya and found out it got a manga in the same magazine as Attack on Titan

Does anyone read it? is it any good? any chance we get a scan for it?

The artstyle is almost identical to Soul Eater

The OP asked for the thread to be deleted because he already has a lot of requests, read the ghost. Quit trying to make drama out of nothing.

I've been trying to learn cleaning and I have a question, do I have to clean eve tiny bit of bleed in the page

pic ralated is a page that I did.

How do I rip from SJ+ now? They updated their site a while ago.

>The artstyle is almost identical to Soul Eater
piggy nose

the original

yeah, if you can.
but i prefer it in jpg instead of png

>eve tiny bit of bleed in the page
what do you mean with bleed?

What did you even do with the image?

I'm just a noob but, why not something intermediate? I personally feel pure white too painful to the eye, especially if you have to read for a long time.

New manga from Kamisama no Iutoori duo
If crunchyroll doesn't do it I hope someone will
I actually like part 1

Somebody should post a sample raw page just in order to allow us to practice our cleaning ability.

Ruined it, I guess

>fuck up the background
>cover it with bigger letters and stroke

example?

I do this depending on the case.

>i'll just cover up this shit spot with big letters, surely it'll look fine!
>it doesn't

Deadscanlations.tumblr.com/tagged/scans

Tsuredure Children, the author does some disgusting stuff by placing texts all over the face of the characters

>he author does some disgusting stuff by placing texts all over the face of the characters

That's terrible
Reminds me of text over signs and most of the text is covered and you don't know what it's supposed to say

>pic related

yeah, that can be troublesome too

what font is this?

Spiced Pumpkin

thanks you, and it has accent mark and ñ

I just downloaded this. Let's see what can we do with it!

Hope you're not cleaning with the jpg instead of the 600dpi.

It's missing numbers 4 and 5 I think, which is kind of stupid. Well, it is a demo font.

On that note, have you ever bought a font for scanlation? I often see many good-looking ones, but a lot of them go for as high as 30 bucks, what the hell.

is this good enough?

>have you ever bought a font for scanlation?
no money

> I often see many good-looking ones, but a lot of them go for as high as 30 bucks, what the hell.
gotta look up if somebody pirates them on torrent.

I use the tif, don't worry.

What about this?

I once torrented some $600 font and used it once on a background sign on the off-chance that some /gd/ fontfag might notice it years from now and smile knowingly.
Don't remember the name of it though.

too much noises and you need to level it more

this one is better but still has some noises on the white background

what motivates you to typeset shit if you do it for free?
and if you work translating/redrawing, is it profitable?

I unironically feel like I'm doing a service for "the community". Not even like on a self-gratification level, I'm just trying to make English translation work available to people.

If you have the skills to edit and redraw properly, then somebody might hire you
About a month ago I get offered to edit project with 200+ pages hmanga for around $1-2/page
I declined because I was too busy to do a big project back then

> if you do it for free?

If anyone wants to see majimoji rurumo being translated again, then send this guy a message telling him to.
curiouscat.me/BomberDRufi/post/88004313
He's the guy who used to translate it a while ago, and he said he might pick it up again after gintama ends depending on whether people want it translated or not.

I like the series and want people to discuss it with/others to see how cool it is.
I guess it's profitable if you treat it like a real job and have a constant influx of customers.

I've translated and typeset stuff for free, but only stuff that I really really like.
I wouldn't work on something I wasn't in love with for free.

>I've translated and typeset stuff for free, but only stuff that I really really like.
This, that's why i help with hentai

>write several page long essay on series
>background info, research, shit someone wouldn't notice by just reading
>put link to it in release post
>exactly one person clicks on it

I don't know why I even do this fucking shit anymore.

what are some good looking fonts for dialogue that aren't the same old blambot ones?

anime ace

>I don't know why I even do this fucking shit anymore.
because you really like the series?

>Release post

Most people just rip from Batoto, I don't remember the last time I checked a scanlator blog. Put that essay on an extra page next time.

Nigger why would anybody want to read a fucking essay? Some might actually appreciate this, but not if it's a million pages long.
People aren't going to go out of their way to click it either. Keep it short and to a single page, then include it in the series as if it was a credits page.

That's why you make long-ass release posts with tons of pictures and hide the download link somewhere in the middle.

>Put that essay on an extra page next time.
this
also add the image of a thicc girl fromthe manga

Force people to read and answer a questionnaire about your essay before they can get to the download link next time.

link?
I like reading stuff

Do you feel any sort of cognitive dissonance from being both a fan of the work and an unlicensed scanlator?
I do buy manga/LNs, including what I translate, but I still feel uneasy at times, even when I know what I'm scanlating is not and most likely will never be licensed in English.

No quit being a fag

Unless the author himself asks me to stop, which will never happen.

I always buy what I translate, and I always put a note asking people to consider buying the manga if they liked it at the end too.
I do feel a little conflicted, but if it's brought to a bigger audience then it has a better chance of selling here than it would've otherwise.

I sometimes ask the authors directly if they're okay with scanlation, most don't give a shit.

>Do you feel any sort of cognitive dissonance from being both a fan of the work and an unlicensed scanlator?
in my case most of the shit i translate will never be oficially translated.
I wish i could buy my own scans to support the author but that's almost impossible.

The best i can do is to translate the series and try make it somewhat popular, that way the work won't be forgotten.

Personally I wouldn't even stop then. You're doing zero harm by making it available to an audience who otherwise wouldn't even know it exists.

Only thing I do feel uncomfortable with is having english speakers send messages to the author in english. Most authors seem really happy but some fans from other groups have lead to awkward disasters.

Is there anyone here willing to translate All Rounder Meguru?
It's a realistic sports manga from the same author of Eden - It's An Endless World.
There are 7 volumes left untranslated.
I can edit and typeset myself, for free.
You can contact me by >pic related

What are some good fonts for hentai moans and screams and stuff?

Cheri

for screams:
CCShoutOut
MouthBreaker
I Want My TTR

for moans:
MA Sexy
Another
SexyScript
Nightwatcher
Augie (?)

for cutesy stuff:
Cutie Patootie, Daddy Girl, Georgia Belle (and anything by Vanessa Bay)

Is there ever any work for a Chinese translator?
I graduate in June, and I think it'd sharpen my Chinese skills.

not that dude, but thanks.

Does this look like a manhua board to you?

Thanks

Know any good for titles?

I think you're sharpening too much. The tones hurt to look at.

Looks a bit blurry and the whites aren't actually white.

If I liked the series, I often really enjoy reading stuff like that. But really, do it if you enjoy it. If you're doing it for a number on a view counter, you'll always end up depressed.

Try actually reading a few guides before trying to clean. I hope you aren't in a group.

You should match the title font with the original font, use the most similar font you can get on the web

Was actually asking for a personal OC project. I just have no idea where to even begin with the thousands of fonts.

Nichijou needs a translator.

About 4 chapters left in the final volume. There's also an extra volume that already has a couple of chapters translated.

Contact Habanero Scans if interested.

You guys should read Romsen saga, it's pretty good.

I want to read more but the English scans are being released at a rate of 1 every 100 days.

Something that fits the style of your project, maybe? How should we know?

An ally in the good-deeds world; I stand beside you in solidarity