youtube.com/watch?v=B_9PNis-CI8
youtu.be/GHnfX1RmZX8
youtube.com/watch?v=c9Bga6VFBdg
youtube.com/watch?v=MuylJDEZN4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

Just do it.

It's more worth reading in my opinion desu

You're asking because you're interested. Go form your own opinions.
It's good, but still.

Yes. Now get to watching it.

Got it

I watched at least 40 ep but couldn't find it in any way funny( apart from some scenes). The jokes and the scenes are far from causing you real laugh. The process is to absurd things, to make it unnatural to the flow of the story, to expand the settings abnormally for at last leaving nothing of it. Some scene tries too hard to make you laugh failing miserably.

Why haven't you watched it yet? It's my favorite anime !

Do you like the sound of a comedic, almost SOL-style series about no good oddjobs group, set in alternative history of Japan, with aliens, robots, samurai and ninja's clashing, with tons of modern Nippon shenanigas in the mix?
Do you like LOL RANDOM, tons of references to other shows & media products, and the 4th wall being broken actively and on purpose all the time?

Are you OK with occasional "serious" arcs where SHTF, and rare feels episodes that may make you feel like shit?

And most importantly: are you OK with a series that's first ~20 episodes are literally the worst the series has to offer, but still are essential introduction and foreshadowing episodes you should sit through anyway? Not counting the first 2 episodes, that are the only real filler of the whole show, that is.

If you got more "yes" answers, then Gintama might be just the thing for ya.
I actually just recently started watching the show, finishing the last episode + released OVAs & films last month, and it was helluva show! No idea if I'd bothered to sit through the first season when it aired, but being able to marathon it all did make it easy to digest.

Do you think it can be compared to JoJo? I'm thirsty for another casual anime to fill the gap in my heart while part 5 is not airing yet.

Remember to skip episodes 1 and 2, because those are literally just filler. The "story" starts at ep3.

The things really start to warm up only around episode 20-25, and really gets to full speed in S2 and the first real "arc". Most eps before that are more or less introduction episodes for the cast (that is hueg) and the world, but full of subtle foreshadowing signs of things to come.

You know that gintama is known for having a mediocre beginning, right?

>Do you think it can be compared to JoJo?
Jojo ends up being hilarious, but tries to be serious.

Gintama is...pretty much the polar opposite. Still hilarious at times, but sometimes you get by unexpected feels.

if you like Jojo references... you've got the right show.

Thanks, user. I just hit play on episode 3 and I'll try enjoy the ride.

>Is Gintama worth watching?
As a newcomer, I must say yes. Few tips:

1) You should SKIP the first 2 episodes. Those are literally filler, as you prolly already noticed. Ep3 is the first REAL episode of the show.
2) The first 20-25 episodes or so are literally dedicated for introductions and mild foreshadowing. While not exactly terrible, that section is easily the worst the show has to offer. It starts picking up the pace after that, with the first ""recap"" episode being a lovely change of pace and example of the show's better humor. You get a first decent "serious" mini-arc around ep 40, which can be seen as an appetizer of things to come.

However, the show REALLY starts to kick up the pace and style after the first year, with the second season packing tons of cool, memorable chapters and way better production values to boot. The legendary "Benizakura" arc is pretty much the show's counterpart to Bleach's "Soul Society" arc, as in the part where everyone agrees shit really hits the fan and gets interesting. It will pretty much set the overall style of the show for the entire series afterwards, with small ups and downs between the arcs.

The arcs of Gintama are notably shorter than in typical Shounen series, which I think helps keeping them well paced and easier to watch too. Some are humorous, some more serious & action-packed, some half-half.

>Jojo references
It sounds good enough for me.

np mate.
As much as I love the show now, I will not deny that the start is fairly slow / meh. Going back to S1 after 300 episodes feels like you'd be watching some totally unrelated show, with familiar characters. However, even those early episodes do hold meaning and importance along the way, and you should start forming close emotional connection to the cast, sooner or later.

>It sounds good enough for me.
You will love it then.
Even more so if you're into DBZ, One Piss, etc, as well.

If you're not sold by the 10th episode you never will be, and will forever stay a pleb.

I was only sold after the first ""recap episode"", after which I didn't doubt about continuing the show anymore. After Benizakura arc, I was completely hooked.

Might be a spring flu.
Or you just might want to start marathoning the show, ASAP.

Don't worry about missing the point of some jokes.

nice trips

SHOGUN KA YO

Forced drama and comedy. Just don't do it user, I'm at 278 still waiting for it to get good

RIP sweet prince ;_;

>Forced
there's that word again

I took the plunge and just got through the first recap episode. I laughed my ass off multiple times throughout the first 24 eps. If this is the 'slow' part I cant imagine how crazy it gets.

>If this is the 'slow' part I cant imagine how crazy it gets.
Not any worse than that, I can assure you.
The show clearly did benefit from being dropped form prime-time airing slot to night slots. It seems like the studio got a bit more money + better directors too in later seasons.

Yes, just don't marathon it.

>Tell my friend to watch Gintama
>Says no because "The Art style looks boring"

Who asks such ludicrous questions?

>don't watch gintama because I bought into the meme
>start watching it
>can make me go from laughing to crying in a minute
>that red spider arc
>that animation
>that ost

Learn about Japanese culture.

It's the foundation of japanese humor

You'll understand eventually.

>just don't marathon it.
I'd never gotten into this show had I NOT been able to marathon through the first season.

See best doggo and NGE references.

only the latest season slows down because the author is trying to end the series

ahahahaha

I caught up to gintama in 1 month, but trying to marathon the first 20 episodes is pretty brutal

ahaha

I caught up in like two or three months. Didn't watch every day obviously. It helped me that I had mundane and boring job that allowed me to keep random shit playing on a TV in the background while at it, so I had less problems slogging through the first 25 eps.

watching the new eps at weekly pace feels weird now. At least I have a good reason to look forward to mondays.

>320 episodes
>Worth watching
Lol

you bet your ass it is worth watching, alright

youtube.com/watch?v=DGkzRsZvRrw
Scenes containing this song always hit me.

OP1 still best OP, amirite? youtube.com/watch?v=REHaJZgWwxY

>anime
>ever worth watching

>"stupid man"
>trucker Gin

top-tier, but I consider OP 9 to summarize the whole show perfectly:
youtube.com/watch?v=-B3rpKfva1w

>tfw that surprise alternative version after 20 or so episodes

>not youtube.com/watch?v=B_9PNis-CI8

the openings that start with gin riding a scooter are the best

Watch at your leisure. As in no need to rush. An episode or 2 at a time is fine. If it clicks it clicks. If it doesn't it doesn't. Don't look for a specific point for things to click because you're setting yourself up for disappointment like all those retards that ask that.

While I do get what you're aiming at, and I hear ya, I do have to kinda disagree with you.
I actually did try to pick up Gintama some literal decade ago, watching a couple eps from the start. It didn't impress me one bit, so I dropped it without second thought. And from my personal experiences, if a show doesn't even intrigue me at the first episode, it probably never will.

Much later did I see the show get mentioned again. I do recall Sup Forums going nuts about some awesome, later episodes (Yoshiwara stuff being earliest), but didn't really pay attention to the threads at that point either. Only even more later did the show start gaining my interest, and only after a few different sources outside of Sup Forums pretty much stated the same thing: the anime really does not start too strong. Coincidentally, I also noticed someone stating the same as , as in the first two episodes would be anime-only fillers.

So with all that in mind, and with surprisingly well reduced backlog at hand, I did give the show a second chance. Almost 10 years after it started airing. Having seen all of the released episodes and bonuses now, I can honestly agree with those other people: Gintama starts kinda meh, but picks the hell up with each cour.

digibro says its good so yeah

which dragon ball opening is this a reference to ? I remember the
>SPARKING
from somewhere but I don't remember where

Retards keep asking "when does it get good?" and start complaining when they get to the episode people give. It's easiest to just watch the fucking series. There's a point where it becomes a wild ride that you can't get off of if it clicks and it's one of the most fun marathons but these people are too impatient to be rewarded. Gintama isn't something you can recommend. It's something you push through on your own volition.

...who?

THE fucking dragonball intro

youtu.be/GHnfX1RmZX8

Are your anuses ready?

>can they faithfully recreate the reaction faces?
>can Gura's actor pick her nose and puke?
>will it be CG mess?

live action Zura as a bonus

youtube.com/watch?v=c9Bga6VFBdg

Technically, it's this one. Same song, but the ending scenes are different.

Yes. Gintama is the pinnacle of anime and manga.

what episode is this from?

yea

the first ep of the cursed sword arc.

No, it's literally the Family Guy of anime.

with the exception that it does not suck, and is actually funny.

It's not going to be as funny, but it might be okay.

Assuming your sense of comedy never evolves beyond absurdism sure.

/our guy/

Best grill, coming through

Gintama is unironically the best anime. I'm glad entry level retards ( One Piss fans) stay away from it desu.

>they actually did it
a proof that dreams can come true!
what's next? Gintama videogames? Gin learns a special move?

That hentai was creepy but the shota ghost milf sex was satisfying

Just finished watching the shogun assassination arc. Jesus fuck can't hold the tears I really liked him

gib sauces pls

Definitely. One of the best animes I've ever seen, the beginning can be slow but it more awesome little by little.

Watch and find out you fucking drone.

Jesus just finished watching the next chapter what the fuck is going on this shit is getting way to sad for me.

>seen many arcs because I watched some random person livestream it
>decide to watch the two episodes
>constantly hear that it starts very weak

>watch it, enjoyed it

Honestly, this is Gintama where it shines. Simple, dumb fun with a bit of melodrama. Sorachi isn't much of a writer so the plot-heavy, serious arcs just get bogged down in the melodrama and it's tedious more than touching.

Is it just the introduction episodes afterwards?

>watch the first two episodes

shit just got real.
Don't worry, there'll still be bits of trademark humor, and I've heard manga's slowly steering back to the style of its earlier days.

>Is it just the introduction episodes afterwards?
most likely. I personally have nothing against the "serious" stuff, since they still hold relatively small part of the whole show - and are often well done. That stark contrast really makes the serious eps hit so much harder though; in just about any other show, they'd come off as forced or even pretentious, but here it works.

The fact that it is a fun comedy much of the time is why it doesn't work for me. The "serious" parts are too filled with weak one-note sob stories and melodrama to get me invested. The show has fun lampooning itself so much and ridiculing characters that it's a bit jarring when it attempts to play itself so straight at times.

I do like the series, but I feel like the people who praise it to the ends of the earth haven't read or watched much else, especially outside of battle shonen.

>I feel like the people who praise it to the ends of the earth haven't read or watched much else, especially outside of battle shonen.
nah, pointless prejudice assumption,

I was one of those late blooming Gintama fans, literally started watching the show last year, and I had already clocked a good 200+ finished series by that point, of just about all possible genres at that. I don't even consider myself too much of a Shonen fan; hell the only "Big 3" series I've watched was Bleach. I still know enough about the other major fighting shows to know the references and such.

But like said, different strokes for different people. I didn't like ALL the srs arcs, but some of them, like Benizakura, both major Yoshiwara arcs and the Four Devas arc,were simply hype as fuck. I also have enjoyed all the revelations and fleshing out attempts of the Gin's past, though I still feel like it's being slightly dismissed at the moment.

That "contrast" that was mentioned earlier can also be pretty damn powerful at times.

problem is that japanese slapstick and funny man/serious man routine is really pleb form of comedy. And there's hardly anything that surpasses that level in gintama. If they actually had good, arching plot to go with the comedy, it might be passable, but they make the comedy be the main focus and story secondary and bland.

I have greatly enjoyed it so far.

once you hit that barber episode with the shogun you will never stop watching

Shogun episodes are the funniest.

No

youtube.com/watch?v=MuylJDEZN4M

I'm really curious how the first two episodes of something can be filler, do they not explain the plot or characters or setting or anything?

They're just introducing the characters.

Similar to how the first episode of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was filler.

Yes. This is the best anime ever and the best manga ever.
Anyone and anything telling otherwise is wrong.
Go watch it now and enjoy one of the greastest things on the universe.

It be, OP

It be.

The first two episodes are like a random story from later in the show dropped right in the beginning just to feature most 1st season cast members months before some of them are properly introduced.

Also, It's technically not filler, since it was a based on a rejected plot for a manga chapter according to the Japanese wiki. Either way, it's a pretty weak story and not a good introduction to the show. It existed exactly for manga readers to see their favorite characters without needing to wait months for it.

I know I would love gintama but I just can't commit that amount of time to one show.

I just saw the first two episodes, they weren't stellar but there was still some fun comedy here and there

I enjoyed the two conmen's gags, the alley vomiting immediately after the serious talk, Kagura and Sacchan's "training" and the miserable excuse of a battle at the end where the old guy trips and Gin just steps on the ronin's face.

It's not as much as you'd think unless you don't have much free time

A few hours here and there and you'll go through dozen of episodes fast. It's the kind of show you can lazily watch or have in the background when it's not a serious arc.

should adult male be embarrassed to ride a scooter?