Are we finally seeing the death of mass-media?

Are we finally seeing the death of mass-media?
any people still trust msm at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

theintercept.com/2017/12/09/the-u-s-media-yesterday-suffered-its-most-humiliating-debacle-in-ages-now-refuses-all-transparency-over-what-happened/
nytimes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

give me context

what the fuck is your image about? I'm not plugged into the TV or this board 24/7 so I have no idea what prompted your post

same gestalt required

Trump Jr. was accused of colluding with some russian agent who allegedly had info on Clinton that might be useful. That information was Wikileaks, information they made public the 13th, I believe. Well, the date of the email in these articles (published in about every media you can imagine) was September 4th, when in fact the email was sent the 14th.

They've all reported fabricated story that Donald Trump Jr. had received mail from WikiLeaks about hacked documents that it planned to release during last year’s presidential campaign.
Story was retracted with no explanations.

theintercept.com/2017/12/09/the-u-s-media-yesterday-suffered-its-most-humiliating-debacle-in-ages-now-refuses-all-transparency-over-what-happened/

Yes, we're seeing the death of mass media. It's a long, slow death, because it's a very large beast that was very healthy up until a few years ago. But it's dying all the same.

The MSM only existed because mass communications made it possible to indoctrinate people by the millions who had no competing sources of information. Newspapers, radio, and TV were all controlled by the same people, and with few exceptions pushed the same narrative. The only other choice was niche magazines and newsletters printed in people's garages. So basically, the morning newspaper, the radio reporter, and the evening TV news, told everyone what to think about everything.

We simply don't need any of that anymore. I tell my friends: I don't watch *any* MSM anymore. I get all my knowledge of what's going on from online sources, mainly from word-of-mouth at sites like this, and I'm the one telling them what's coming and getting it right. I let individual people filter out the bullshit. Word-of-mouth is how news traveled before the MSM, and it's how news will travel again, except now with the speed of Internet. We simply don't need them anymore. They get in the way of more information than they transmit.

>Are we finally seeing the death of mass-media?
We have been watching the "death" of the MSM for years but the constant pumping of money to keep the beast "alive" for political/agenda purposes is what keeps it going.

>any people still trust msm at all?
No. Liberals are the last group to see benefit from sucking MSM cock but that will only last until the money runs out.

After 2016 we got all the ammo we will ever need against the MSM and their obvious political bias. They can't hide their agenda anymore.

>Yes, we're seeing the death of mass media.
Not if they can wrestle control of the internet away from the public.

Keep in mind that the major telecom monopolists in the US own the major news broadcasters - Time Warner owns CNN, Comcast owns MSNBC, Verizon owns Huffington Post.

Nig criminals belong in Australia.

Beautifully put. The only way any sort of mainstream media will survive is if they use they use their established platform to actually tell the truth and have real, factual stories that can't be found elsewhere. Since they can't seem to do that, they're spinning the proverbial hamster wheel until the cash runs out. Once you know about the CIA's Operation Mockingbird, most will be glad to find out the MSM is dead. Hopefully Hollywood will be the next to go.

Why are you attacking journalism? I'm Canadian but I get all my American politics news from CNN because it is in our regular cable package and they say all this BS about "fake news" is an attack on the freedom of the press. I have never watched Fox news before but I know for sure that it is nothing but lies and propaganda for the Russian puppet in Chief. It is tough to be enlightened here in Canada and having to watch Americans struggle to understand the truth about your country.

>I am not bait.... I promise.

Top tier bait.
Bravo, leaf.

A simple check by any reporter/editor/etc... would have shown that everything was already in the public, but the MSM intentionally chose not to verify any information and published another FAKE NEWS story.

Journalism is dead or dying in most of the western hemisphere because of political bias and hidden agenda's. The fact that CNN/MSNBC are seen as "democrat/left" and that Fox News is seen as "republican/right" should tell you enough that Journalism is dead or dying due to inherent bias which shouldnt exist in the first place.

You are looking at America through a politicaly biased outlet which cherrypicks what they want you to see.

But this problem isnt exclusive to America as i said before, this problem is at least prevelant in the entirety of the western hemisphere if not globally. One such example is my own country which has politicaly biased newsoutlets (NOS Journaal (Journal), Nieuwsuur (Newshour)) featured on the three semi-state-run channels (NPO 1, 2 and 3).

>Liberals are the last group to see benefit from sucking MSM cock but that will only last until the money runs out.
If the Trump-Russia thing turns out to be a meme, after the media was already dead wrong about Trump’s chances, I can’t see how they could still believe

Fuck off gook

Get the msm out of airports, then we'll talk. It's an odd thing to harp on as the real household ratings do die, but that fucking flight waiting terminal air of "legitimacy" due to backroom arrangements, I'm sure,
(and the TVs in bank lobbies, too) has got to go.

Like it matters. There is a buffoon, everything has gone to shit. You can't trust anything you haven't seen with your own eyes anymore. Society is fucked.

That's worth a (You)

True, they still have some cards to play. They tried to slant social media, and that didn't work, so now they're coming on stronger there. One problem they have is that they've always sold the Internet and social media as open, everyone welcome, say what you like as long as it's not illegal. In Europe they can hide behind hate speech laws, but in the US they're going to have to sell the idea that the Internet should be filtered like the MSM. Not sure they can pull that off.

Pic related talks about how the Arab Spring taught them that killing the Internet (or trying to) when things get frisky only makes it worse -- those states fell anyway. That's when they turned their efforts to more subtle control through social media. The telecoms could just shut us off, but then things get ugly fast.

Nope, you can always tell the difference between news and news with an incentive. MSM is news with an incentive.

You learn to trust not the person claiming to know the truth, but the person claiming to the looking for it. The one looking can't trick you, so you can trust what he says as sincere.

The death of the MSM was ultimately a form of suicide.

If there was a medium anywhere right now that I could reliably trust to call out bullshit from any political source, to objectively and fairly assess spin against reality, then my dick would be diamonds. The MSM news used to hold that up, poorly and inconsistently, as a goal. Now they shamelessly push agendas.

They negated their own reason for holding public trust. Now they're true because they're famous so shut up pleb.

Is it the cold climate or maple syrup that makes Canadians so good at top shelf bait shitposts?

>libs hate corporations because all they care about is profit
>main stream media is corporate and all they care about is profit from propaganda
>trump calls them out on shitty reporting
>”FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS UNDER ATTACK!”
>libs praise these brave and oppressed corporations that only care about money
Fuck leftists

what's the alternative?

This is amazing and characterizes exactly why the right is so fucking finished with mainstream media, but why isn't the left? Every so-called bombshell the msm drops ends up accomplishing nothing except making a massive shitstorm on social media and galvanizing the base, but to what end? Violence in the streets? Revolution?

Good luck revolting when it's the red states who produce all the food.

Yeah, we have enough problem as it is, dodging flying hockey pucks while riding our dog bobsleigh to our tolerance seminars. Give us a break, pol.

Thank you. Your reply demonstrates there is still one moron who believes (((them))). Good work. Do you feel special? Does your mom put you on the short bus every morning? How do you brush your teeth without gouging an eye out?

ya think?

fake jews btfo
spread far and wide to normiecucks and other librul jews
nytimes .com/2017/12/08/business/media/cnn-correction-donald-trump-jr.html

>I'm Canadian
Shut your mouth you dirty whore.

Without the MSM, they are done. Entirely, literally, done. Leftist revolutions don't exist when bellies are full and people are entertained. Without MSM indoctrination pulling a third of the people into voting for their candidates, and another third into indecision about what's true, the left today would be nothing but the actual members of their core groups: Antifa, BLM, PeTA, NAMBLA, etc. The MSM provides the army of sheep that those groups herd toward "progress." No MSM, no sheep.

>any people still trust msm at all?

boomers

Fusion GPS

I worked at a nursing home a few years ago, and all the demented people loved to watch the news all day.

I'm not kidding, joking, or making this up.

Remember when bait had some nuance and subtlety to it?
Yeah me neither.

I physically cringed while reading this. It's a fact that you're wrong but good god I hope there's some ultimate btfo moment one day

Maybe the vault 7 part B that they teased out last year???

A lot of people who think they don't trust the MSM still trust it more than they know. They think they lie *sometimes* or that *some* of the stories are slanted, and don't realize how bad it's gotten. They also don't realize how much news they never hear about because it doesn't fit the narrative, which is probably a bigger problem. You can adjust for bias in a story, but not if you never get the story at all.