Gut Bacteria May Be Linked to Mood, Behavior in Healthy Humans

Now that we know that diet can influence your brain and change your views, should mods allow onion threads on Sup Forums as diet has everything to do with politics?

psychcentral.com/news/2017/07/05/gut-bacteria-may-be-linked-to-mood-behavior-in-healthy-humans/122846.html

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/gut-bacteria-may-exacerbate-depress/
youtu.be/1HwBtRlyxPs
youtube.com/watch?v=qiC4qEqpqak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humorism
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28661940
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what's wrong with that water?

It's oil you numbnut. Get to the point.

Sounds like a Kombucha general thread!

We've known this for a while this is why anti druggies always get btfo cause we all know they chug down the most sugar, coffee, and beer and then get on some moral high ground about how drugs are bad. hahah

Summary:
>High bacteroide concentration, which is related to meat consumption, results in higher brain activity, denser hippocampus, better memory, and lower incidence of mental disorders
>High prevottela is linked to the exact opposite and is influenced by a low/no animal protein diet rich in vegetables
Soyboys btfo once more.

What the fuck is a kombucha?

scientificamerican.com/article/gut-bacteria-may-exacerbate-depress/

I drink kombucha, take probiotics, and eat raw cottage cheese daily for a few months.

IDK if I feel better but I like to think it helps. I know I have more energy for sure.

the problem is when those meat is fried procesed or mied with conservant and low quality like sausages

What's wrong with that oil?

processed foods in general are shit

he burgers you fucking moron

I'm studying food science, with a concentration in flavor in relation to food choice. ama

Yes. Eating raw meat is the best, but its boring and pretty disgusting. second best is eating a strict keto diet. If you eat vegan food or a bunch of carbohydrates you are feeding the bad bacteria in your body and the plants actually produce toxins to prevent you from eating the plants which is why you get allergic reactions and aging you prematurely.

youtu.be/1HwBtRlyxPs
youtube.com/watch?v=qiC4qEqpqak

Oh shot not toxins

what is your favorite nut?

>what the fuck is a kombucha
Basically sewer water that's sold as a health drink. Gut flora composition and proportions change as the day goes by so it's a really disgusting way to change it to what you want.

You could just eat hot wings and shit tons of celery and carrots and get better results. Might get fat from it, but that's what exercise is for.

In laymans terms, sausage isn't bad for you. Pork general has more unsaturated fatty acids than beef. The problem is when someone eats a sausage for breakfast, a burger for lunch, and 3 sausages for dinner. It gives the meat-digesting microbiota a competitive advantage to outgrow the bacteria which help you digest the good shit in vegetables

Salted busta nuts

I don't think Sup Forums it's de facto capable of having nutritional threads.

Do you have some kind of camp for this concentration of yours?

It's rapeseed oil.

yeah I mean there are neuro receptors in your gut. Eat garbage at your own peril
>gut feeling
that shit is real

I did a fodmaps purge and then took probiotics and feel fucking great again now on a full healthy diet. It was all gut bacteria for me.

Actually yeah, Monell Chemical Senses Center. It's pretty much the main hub for research in conventional and theoretical flavor science

>rape seed

Does this have any connection to the four humors?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humorism

>diet has everything to do with politics
if it has influence on mental health, then definitely related to politics

Are you sverige my dude.

If so I got a question for you, is raw poultry and raw fish as good for you as raw red meat?

what do you think of sushi? specifically sashimi types which are without any rice.

>the red pill contains hitler bacteria

No. The humoralist system had no notion of bacteria.

No you should fuck off, this has nothing to do with politics. Your OP doesn't even pose anything as a topic of discussion besides meta discussion on how the board should operate, to which I will respond without bumping and politely redirect you to the proper board for such faggotry.

>Now that we know
>psuchcentral.com

>know
>psychology

>psychology
>science

>no sources
>science

fuck off nigger

> sugar, coffee, and occasional beer
> causing gut destruction.

Nope...

Avoid corn and soy, peanuts and beans, limit night shades to seasoning at the most.

peanuts are known to have dangerous proteins and aflatoxins which are causing many diseases in the gut.

It's based on neurological and biochemistry studies, no psych major aproached the samples.

This is some entry level shit. Yes, you must eat clean and fast to open the Third Eye. Yes, Greek yogurt and probiotics help and antibiotics are bad. However there are equally important things that don’t get discussed. The big one is showering.

When you shower you absorb through your skin, eyes, mucous membranes, and orifices so many heavy metals that it’s like wandering around a coal mine for days. So not only are you absorbing poison, you also strip your body of its natural oils which serve as a defense against harmful bacteria. And you run up a shitload of money on your (((water bill))). So here’s what you do: learn from our ancestors.

I’ve “”developed”” (more like rediscovered) what I like to call the olive oil method. This is a complete replacement for showering. It comes from Ancient Rome- soldiers would do it when they were campaigning and couldn’t bathe. Basically what you do is get yourself some olive oil and a wooden scraper. That’s all you need. Lather your naked bod with olive oil, paying special attention to your perineum, anus, and testicles (this is where the bad smell accumulates the most). Now take the wooden scraper and methodically scrape the olive oil off your skin, removing all filth and also rejuvenating your skin. I do this probably three times per week, that’s the beauty of it. You don’t even have to do it Daily.

i mean, i chek sausages proportion and only 35% is actually meat, making sausages with diced meat is not bad at all, but those procesed sausages with potato flakes conservants and those shitty things are bad, we also have here, boiled eggs in stores, however they dont rotten

If its not good for nature is not good for me either

>limit night shades to seasoning at the most

you will never take my potatoes!

>It's based on neurological and biochemistry studies
they give 0 sources int he article

into the trash it goes

1 Tanriover MD, Aksoy DY, Unal S. Use of probiotics in various diseases:
evidence and promises. Pol Arch Med Wewn. 2012; 122 (Suppl 1): 72-77.

2 Saulnier DM, Ringel Y, Heyman MB, et al. The intestinal microbiome,
probiotics and prebiotics in neurogastroenterology. Gut Microbes. 2013; 4:
17-27.

3 Rhee SH, Pothoulakis C, Mayer EA. Principles and clinical implications
of the brain‑gut‑enteric microbiota axis. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol.
2009; 6: 306-314.

4 Cryan F, Dinan TG. Mind‑altering microorganisms: the impact of the gut
microbiota on brain and behaviour. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2012; 13: 701-712.

5 Desbonnet L, Garrett L, Clarke G, et al. The probiotic Bifidobacteria
infantis: an assessment of potential antidepressant properties in the rat.
J Psychiatr Res. 2008; 43: 164-174.

6 Dinan TG, Cryan F. Regulation of the stress response by the microbio‑
ta: implications for psychoneuroendocrinology. Psychoneuroendocrinology.
2012; 37: 1369-1378.

no im not sv3rige but he usually responds to questions on his youtube videos. eating raw fish is great. when you cook meat youre destroying a lot of nutrients but personally i cant eat just raw meat and try to eat keto instead

white people can't digest new world foods.
you apes haven't evolved yet.

>he took it

you only have to limit nightshades if youre a fucking pussy whose gut is extra sensitive

tomatoes are known to be one of the healthiest foods to eat.
Italians and greeks, long life
Italians and greeks, high tomato consumption

lol... get comfy with sweet potatoes my friend.

when I stopped eating white potatoes, my bloating went away.

Nearly all night shades cause bloating and indigestion.

The only night shades I eat now are for seasoning, like chili pepper infusion or tomato sun dried for flavor.

My acid reflux is gone and i have tons more energy... all this time I thought it was coffee or milk... it was fuckin nightshades.

nice one thanks man. Personally im an athlete so I eat carbs, but keto's pretty legit imo especially for weight control and mood. fuck sugar.

> bloating
> acid reflux

never had that in my life. you're just a weak mutt, that's all

Protip : fake granulated coffe is acidic as fuck. Only real coffe with low acidity is passable for your gut when drank all the time.

> tomatoes are known to be one of the healthiest foods to eat.

Actually they were known to be toxic hundreds of years ago, but the Italians use the roma variety, skinned and removed seeds to minimize the toxicity.

Tomatoes cause leaky gut, there is no doubt about it.

People just got used to the feeling of feeling like shit after meals, bloating, indigestion as a normal thing... its not. It's a lie.

The acid reducer pharma industry is banking hard.

I was wondering where I can get a good African Plate?

I'm really in the mood for monkeys brains and stuffed Rhino Scrotums.
I really want to enjoy your culture. I tried to Yelp but :(
Also when is walmart going to carry an African made product? I'm good on the lip plates though.

this. White Europeans have long eaten nightshade derived foods. I trust their experiences over new age nonsense telling me potatoes and tomatoes are bad.

You are both just idiots who think bloating and acid flux is normal from tomatoes sauce and potatoes.

I drink coffee a pot day and have no acid flux or stomach issues.

I have acid reflux everynight, so bad sometimes I have to get up and vomit. had it all my life. what is going on in my diet that causes this. is it just me?

I eat tomatoes every single day and never have acid flux or bloating. In fact I've never had acid reflux in my life.

Been eating copious tomatoes and tomato sauces since I was a child, no gut problems whatsoever, last time I went for a checkup doctor told me Im the healthiest person hes seen walk through the door since my last visit!

I also eat potatoes, aubergine (eggplant) and chilis. Still no problems

I think you probably have an allergy or intolerance to nightshade family and are projecting that that is normal

What do you eat?

What the fuck am I supposed to eat then?

It's tea, fermented for a while. Typically carbonated to make it more enjoyable (easily done by adding some sugar after fermentation and sealing the container). It's mostly just sour, which can be good with fruit juice added. It's the standard trendy probiotic since it's very easy to make and so many people recommend it that it's very easy to *decide* to make. In reality, stuff like ginger ale and yogurt are much easier to make and take a lot less time. Also true is that fresh fruit and vegetables (eaten within like a week of picking) have similar effects and a lot more nutritional value.

Anything made recently has more nutrients, essentially, since lots of proteins, vitamins, etc. break down over time when stored and the process is pretty fast. You can cheat by fermenting your foods so they have lots of fresh nutrients from active bacteria and yeast. Kombucha is often treated like a remedy since you can dump a lot of new bacteria into your intestines to "cure a range of illnesses." Historically, it was a semi-common beverage in Russia and Asia, also known as tea kvas. Kombucha is taken from Japanese for whatever stupid trend reasons, cha meaning tea.

The bacteria forms a weird pancake on top of your kombucha which looks pretty gross, but you can harmlessly pull it out like a mother of vinegar.

>tfw ibs and anxiety
>both probably linked to each other
Loperamide is my best friend

This is pretty much common knowledge, most people that have depression or stress have stomach issues

It's what you are eating. Unless you have some sort of rare disease.

I watched a friend of mine douse his french fries in ketchup and then vomit 30 minutes later... he did this often.

I simply removed tomato sauce or tomatoes from my diet, along with potatoes, beans, soybean heavy products.

I drink orange juice fine... no acid reflux. milk, no acid reflux, coffee, no acid reflux.

I 99.9999 believe night shades, corn and soy / legumes are what's killing us.

It's all cheap food, garbage tier food that farmers feed their fuckin pigs but somehow people think it;s healthy.

The fact that so many people think corn is a vegetable shows the ignorance to what they are eating.

LEGALISATION OF ONION THREADS NOW!

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28661940

>Lazy journalist means I have to be lazy too.

If you burp a lot that's not normal. keep eating them, it will have a toll eventually.

I ate tons of potatoes and tomatoes as a kid, 15 to 25 years old... then after 25 i suddenly started having severe acid reflux.

it's a slow process of destruction. just like coca cola.

"May be linked"

>now that we know

Wew lad,are you a buzzfeed scientist?

What's wrong with beans?

Raw or cured/semi-rotten fish is fucking god-tier

potatoes are very common for me, as are tomatoes. Im going to give your advice a whirl, here's to my gut health user, hope you're right.

It's definitely linked in rats, since they show unique behavior when raised in laboratory conditions to avoid introducing any new bacteria. Their behavior changes somewhat depending on what bacteria is introduced. You can probably see why this would be an issue in human trials.

Hasn't this been known for a long time? Or is it simply now proven? Simple observation over a long period of time while changing diets is enough to understand this concept.

They are related to soy, they have the same or very similar toxins, kidney beans are by far the worst of them.

Two things I've noticed about the USA that don't seem to be true in Australia. (Australia being a highly Americanized and similar culture.)

*Constant TV ads for acid reflux medication. If these reflect rates of acid reflux in the American population, which one could assume they do, you guys have way way more acid reflux than we do.

*Diarrhea and sharting. I've never got the runs from eating any kind of fast food in Australia, I don't hear about other people getting it. The only time you might expect to get it is if you got Indian food with above average levels of fecal matter in it.
I have never heard of anyone publicly sharting in Australia, let alone being seen to have sharted.

It's some work to get comfortable and discplined with avoiding because these foods are everywhere... but it's well worth it.

The hardest ones to avoid are potatoes, soybean and tomatoes because they are so common.

I can't get rid of all the soy, it's just embedded into so much.

What about your hair?

ITT: everything but beef is poison

I don't burp a lot at all. I invite you to get yourself tested for allergies, because it seems that you think the entire human race has similar reactions to tomatoes as you.... nah bruh, you would think someone would have noticed by now in italy, greece, and other areas with high tomato consumption that they were poisonous and bloating

Gravlax or however you spell it is amazing, I want to live in scandinavia just for it. It's like smoked salmon but even nicer