What went wrong? he pretty much owned the whole universe

what went wrong? he pretty much owned the whole universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/translations/naho-ooishi-episode-bardock-introduction/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He was BLACKED by some monkeys

He didn't kill ALL the monkeys, infact he let the most important two live.

He strutted into Namek fully expecting things to go his way and at no point in his mind did he expect to leave Namek missing more than half his body.

Overconfidence and narcissism finally bit him in the ass

And Cesar owned all of Europe, except for that meddlesome village in Gaul.

But he killed Bardock and Vegeta so he got like, the second and third most important

He didn't even own the whole north galaxy.
And that is like less than 1/4 of the known universe at the time.

>what went wrong?

Power creep. Also, too much sadism.

Didn't train.

He didn't kill Bardock.

Held back on his power too long. Freize should have just killed every adversary quick and clean.

And brolly

Unluckily for him, one of the last smelly monkeys that somehow lived through his genocide was an autistic fighting prodigy genius.

The whole DBZ formula just feels too weird because of pre established shit.

>Literally own most of the universe
>Some scientist on earth can make robots two times as strong if not more
>One that would make minced meat out of Frieza
>Some pink blob could also kill him super easy, and a demon like race insta petrify him

There's so much shit introduced later in the story that the heroes struggle with later, it makes me wonder how he could be such a high time conqueror when there's like a million things that can overpower him.

He didn't lift

>owned the whole universe.
Because everyone else worth a shit was either sleeping, unaware of the universe or had not been born yet

Bardock doesn't even exist

Not anymore.

>he pretty much owned the whole universe
Source?

The Story of Bardock is canon.

He never owned the universe. He just hyped himself up to be the best. He never owned anything outside of the galaxy.

And the androids were created with the data from namek so its natural they could be designed that way if said scientist learned what made them so powerful.

Buu shouldn't even be a question. Hes the ancient tyranny of the universe. One of his rampages nearly fucked over the universe. Of course freeza can pretend hes the worst when no one had heard of buu in millenia.

>Gaul.
>Frogs being relevent

Romans was done in by terrorist Goths/Germans.

He let four or six live, and two of them were relevant. Third if GT is real.

He didn't limitbreak like OPM.

Germans are a nation of peace. Stop being germanophobic.

How come Beerus knew about Freeza but didn't know who Buu was when he saw him?

He was probably asleep when buu was created. Or toriyama forgot.

>And the androids were created with the data from namek so its natural they could be designed that way if said scientist learned what made them so powerful.
I thought Dr. Gero stopped collecting data shortly after the Vegeta-arc, hence why Android 19 and 20 were so horribly outclassed.

doesn't King Cold have canonically more power than his son, both in terms of power level and planet-ownership?

Time paradox shit. Apparently he may have collected such data which is 17 and 18 were so much more powerful than in future trunks timeline.

He tried so hard and got so far...

Cold died from just a hole in the chest, I don't think he was as strong as Freeza. I also think he cared mostly about reputation and didn't really bother with buying and selling planets like Freeza, but I'm extrapolating a lot from like 5 sentences.

Cold died when trunks disintegrated him. He was still talking and moving with the hole in his chest.

Because toriyama is a hack

No he wasn't

Dude he made cell out of frieza DNA. Of course he didn't stop at vegeta arc

Cell was made by Gero's computer. Gero stopped observing Goku after the Vegeta fight, that's why he was surprised when he went Super Saiyan.

He killed krillin. Fucked up goku's patience. then everything went to shit for him

No he got king cold and frieza DNA from when they tried to fuck up the earth.

He was a pussy. Even Vegeta before Earth could blow up a planet. Him at 100% struggled to do shit to one that already got wrecked by a spirit bomb earlier.

He wasn't trying to blow up the planet instantly, he actually did want the delay so that he could defeat Goku and prove that he is the strongest in the universe. Can't prove shit if your opponent suffocates in space, and then it's just a five minute fight

And then when he comes back as Golden Frieza he just cuts the shit eventually and instant nukes the earth when he loses

Third times the charm

He was the most powerful being in the galaxy. Doesn't mean there were people in other dimensions or galaxies or in the past that weren't more powerful than him. He tried to do everything he could to prevent people from becoming more powerful than him eventually but that just bit him in the ass.

He would've just been killed by Beerus once he woke up anyways.

Frieza literally knew about both Beerus and Buu and not to fuck with either. Yet he still has the balls to shout
"I'M THE STRONGEST IN THE UNIVERSE!"
every 5 minutes

this is a stupid retcon and you know it

Maybe Beerus wasn't the HAKAI back then

So did fucking Vegeta and there were like 7 guys stronger than him.

Not as stupid as Beerus being the one who sealed Elder Kai in the Z-Sword, and then Elder Kai saying that the one who sealed him in the sword was no match for Buu when he was freed

Or the Potara Retcon

Yeah but Vegeta kept believing he had surpassed all seven every time he got a minor power-up. Because he's a fucking retard

I don't know if the traduction is OK, but Tien clearly said that Cold is stronger than Frieza, and he's just in his second form. So I think it's safe to assume Cold is much stronger at his maximun than Frieza

Multiple implications here
>Freeza was weaker than King Cold
Freeza was very likely only using a single percentage of his power in his mecha form as otherwise it would be wasteful
>King Cold was only in his second form
fuck off Salagir

If King Cold was stronger than Freeza, then he would have been the one that was wished back, especially considering that he is much more cool-headed than his son and likely knows more about running the empire, the only reason that they would have brought Freeza back is that King Cold wasn't strong enough to deal with the threats they faced

>There are still people who use that awful badly translated scan

it's not, it was promo material for dragon ball heroes

are you blind?

Story of Bardock, as in a 3-chapter manga where he gets sent to the future and becomes a super saiyan. That isn't canon.

In the canon Frieza killed Bardock as seen the post you're pointing to.

*sent to the past

Oh, the one you're talking about is the episode of Bardock, which is not canon, the story of Bardock, the tv special is canon.

>And the androids were created with the data from namek
No they were not, Gero's robot never made it to Namek.
Android 17 and 18 were made before Freeza and his father came to earth which is how cell got their DNA.

tv special isn't canon either, toriyama made "Dragon Ball Minus" manga about bardock which is the actual canon story

>If King Cold was stronger than Freeza, then he would have been the one that was wished back

Sorbet ressurected Frieza because he was his direct superior and he was thinking about Cold immediately after reviving Frieza before his wish was stole

>third

Who?

Aside from changing the date of when goku was sent to earth, DB Minus doesn't contradict the Tv special. DB minus takes place a month before the Tv special.

King Cold is the puppet master behind Freeza, he ruled from the shadows and used Freeza as a public face, only a few of the henchmen knew about King Cold.
Anyways it would seem in Freeza's nature to kill his father and take all the power for himself if he could.

Episode of Bardock (the one with SSJ Bardock) is listed as part of Shueisha's official timeline. Toriyama himself has never directly acknowledged it though even though he did some designs and concepts for it.

the author himself called it a "what-if story" though

You have years and years to decide how to make your wish on who to wish back and you choose to wish back the impulsive asshole who blows up his subordinates for stress relief.

Fucking Sorbet.

The main contradictions are regarding Goku, since he was older and with Saiyan armor, rather than being a baby.

Still, I think it's clear Toriyama didn't mean to override the Bardock special completely, considering how Bardock in Minus never gets his signature headband.

Tenshinhan just says "I's not just one, there's another ridiculously huge ki with it"

By the way, "traduction" isn't a word in English. The word is "translation".

it contradicts pretty much everything,

>guy uses the term "tracduction" which is clearly the spanish "traduccion"
>expecting people from south america to not use second hand crap

Like?

kanzenshuu.com/translations/naho-ooishi-episode-bardock-introduction/

I recorded “A Lonely, Final Battle” on video, and as I watched it over and over as a kid, I would be brought to tears at its regret, and at Freeza’s fearsomeness. So I was just absurdly happy and fired-up to be able to draw a Bardock what-if story! I want Bardock to keep playing a big role in video and card games from here on out!

>Bardock what-if story

The timeline is more recent than that interview though, so it's not exactly news.

>infact he let the most important two live.
This has got me thinking, are Goku and Vegeta just incredibly rare prodigies or was it the result of their circumstances that constantly elevated them to new heights and therefore all Saiyan's had the capacity to reach their heights if only they were in similar situations and motivations?

DB Minus is not canon because it is utter dogshit that ruined two characters.
WaifuFags are the only people who like!

everything regarding goku, his age, why and when he's sent to earth, bardock caring about him

saiyans are called to the planet month in advance with bardock being suspicious, so everything with bardock getting the visions and shit is out

More like Toriyama is dumb and DBZ is the result of a decent shounen running far too long.

But for the sake of argument, within the context of the show, I'd say that Goku is a prodigy and Vegeta, also naturally gifted but nowhere near Goku's level, has benefited immensely from being around and constantly chasing Goku.

I actually really like the concept of a 3 years old Goku. It lines up much better with the idea that he should know his mission and makes the Raditz stuff work much better than Toei's baby Goku.

He could still go travel to get back his movie team later leading to the vision stuff. If Toriyama wanted to retcon the entire story, he'd have given an alternate explanation for headband, or would just have made it part of Bardock's default look. Rather than that, we get a headbandless Bardock which only has any point if he didn't mean to completely override the movie's plot.

Vegeta was a 20k power level scrub till he met Goku and found motivation to get stronger. Bullying aliens on weak planets and relying on ozaru form doesn't make you grow stronger, that's why saiyans never peaked.

This too. Frieza was supposed to be the badass of the series, following arcs only introduced horrible power creep.

Goku is special because he hit his head as a baby and became pure of heart, was raised by a martial arts master and later learned from a lot of amazing people. Vegeta is just an incredibly rare prodigy. Royal Saiyans are normally much stronger than regular Saiyans, but Vegeta was strong even by royalty's standards.

Also they both had access to magical healing beans and Dende so they were able to abuse zenkai boosts like no one else before them.

Vegeta is considered a rare prodigy by Sayian Standards.
Hard to say with Goku, I would think growing up on earth is why he is so strong.

From the little we have seen of the average Sayian they did not seen fond of training.
Everyone was assigned a power at birth and spent their time going from planet to planet.
Hard to say since most Sayian stuff could be considered filler or non canon.

I think Goku and Vegeta just trained more and abused the near death power up.
Training your tail to be resistant to being grabbed seemed to be an elite only thing but Goku trained his.

He wasn't as strong as he thought he was.

>Retard shouting "I am King!"
>Ignored by those stronger than him to let him "Rule the Universe"

I'm pretty sure Brolly isn't actually canon.
I may be wrong.

They made him fucking superman dude, I mean Goku always was the Japanese superman but now his origin is pretty much the same.
>Bardock is the only Sayian warrior to give a fuck about his family.
>Gine is the only Sayian ever not to like fighting.
>Don't worry Kal'el we will find your some day.
Nah fuck that, Bardock not giving a fuck until he seen what Goku becomes and Radditz tracking him down because Goku was sent to destroy earth was better.

>Gine is the only Sayian ever not to like fighting.

They mentioned a "division" she was moved to due to her lack of fighting ability. She doesn't seem to be unique in that aspect. It's the whole caring about the family, and a bit of that rubbing in Bardock that's unique.

>Radditz tracking him down because Goku was sent to destroy earth was better.
It never made sense for Radtiz to expect a baby to know that he was meant to conquer the planet. Maybe if they had portrayed Saiyan babies as super mature, but they were just babies as far as we could see.

No user the original lore was weak Sayian babies were sent to weak planets where they would transform into a Ōzaru during the full moon and wipe out their inhabitants.
Their pods were even equipped with the ability to create a false moon.

Goku and Gohan did a lot of damage in their Ōzaru forms and had to be stopped even though they were both children and goku is lower class.

He killed Kuririn first.

Radtiz clearly expected Goku to know his mission though, not only to have killed everyone in a random rampage or something. He even says that the head wound and amnesia would explain why he didn't remember it.

The baby stuff just didn't make sense with how Radtiz was written.

Also, if you're complaining about Superman similarities then you should be happy they removed one.

The hologram moon thing was filler.

Killing everyone in a random rampage would have worked, the planet trade organisation wanted the planet in decent condition with no sentient life.
Sayains are naturally aggressive, adore fighting and killing.
Goku only lost this instinct due to hitting his head and being raised by Gohan.

Which one.

Thought so but most Sayian shit is.

For starters, Vegeta was at 32k and was even known to be stronger than his father as a child.

Literally every saiyan was weak as fuck power-level wise and all of Frieza's men could overpower them even without their blasters.

I'm not saying that wouldn't be possible. I'm saying that Radtiz expected Goku to remember his mission. So, whether he could have wiped out humanity in a random rampage or not, that's irrelevant. Radtiz expected Goku to remember his identity and goal from when he was sent to Earth, which makes no sense for a baby.

>Which one.

Goku being a naked baby when sent to Earth. That's straight up Superman imagery which is completely thrown away by Dragonball Minus.

He was a villain.

lold

Years and years to think about it and for some reason you don't just wish yourself the strongest in the universe.

No, it was the monkeys who got BLACKED.

Yeah, but turning full Ape is different. Saiyans get a ten times power level increase. A few elite like nappa would easily destroy most of Frieza's men.