Antimagic's new releases:

antimagic's new releases:
krytykal.org/antimagic/volume-another-mission-2/after-mission/
krytykal.org/antimagic/volume-another-mission-2/more-after/

Like promised, I'll be delivering spoilers and impressions on Yanagimi's newest novel.

I've been waiting with the thread until new antimagic release (although just two days) since spoilers for a new and unknown thing aren't enough to keep a thread alive.

To start with I'll write some impressions and comparisons to antimagic then introduce some characters before going into a little more specific spoilers. Don't expect detailed spoilers from me.

Questions welcome. Antimagic discussion also welcome.

First, a little summary of what the novel is about.

Novel names correct translation is "Last Bosses in Heroless Worlds" with a nuance of "dropping them into heroless worlds".

What is it about? It's about a group of last bosses who died in their respective worlds, literally getting another chance.

The novel starts with the Last Boss Rehabilitation Manager choosing a party of six last bosses to rehabilitate.

After they die, they're all gathered inside a small Japanese-style room and explained that they are to save various worlds, and if they do well they will be given another chance... meaning, they will be sent back in time so that they can redo their lives.

In other words, they're dropped not into one world, but they're pushed around various worlds they have to save.

His new work sounds interesting, but the characters design aren't that good. Too much cowtits too.

Now, impressions.

The novel overall IS indeed similar to antimagic, both good and worse parts. There is yet to be any "big plot" in the novel and for the time being this feels much like antimagic's volume one.

Why is it similar to antimagic? Because it's CHUUNI like hell. It's prepared for countless ass-pulls. Overall it's much more comedic and free-styled than Antimagic which had one theme, but it also seems to have DESPAIR parts like Antimagic did. Like, MC finding a girl he's gone to save - with cut off limbs, eyeballs pulled out and constrained inside a water tube, turned into a device for using her powers.

It does appear like we will receive a whole, huge range of various worlds from fantasy, through chuuni to science fiction worlds.

Like always, Yanagimi loves screwing around. Also he moved his boobs jokes from afterwords into the novel itself. Going as far as making main heroine as a boobjoke.

So far there is no "muh comrades" but we can already feel there will be something similar yet different as every character is more individualistic and peculiar.

Impressions - Continued.

With all its characteristic comediness, it has many serious parts like Antimagic. For example, Antimagic's trademark... tragic past. So far confirmed just for MC, but hints are that all characters have a tragic past similar to how all heroines in Antimagic had tragic past and flashbacks. It appears that several few volumes might be featuring talk of how characters are overcoming their past.

Next up is combat - it appears to be fleshed out nicely, but for the time being it's a pandora'x box considering the possibility of endless asspulls. Each character doesn't have a clear set of abilities, but countless possible ones. MC alone has a 1000 superpowers right from the start and a potential to grow considering he can copy others' abilities. (although their abilities are being limited by Gods, who seem like multiverse management company).

As for abilities limitation... well, apparently the god managing them is limiting their abilities accordingly to the level of the world they're thrown in.

Next up will be character description and impressions.

No loli or DFC? Dropped before I even picked it up.

The green one is loli, DFC and best girl, not a human though.

All characters go by a some kind of theme or they're some kind of rip-off (kek). Although they're quite evil like proper last bosses should be, they aren't evil to the bone but more like good guys went bad way which is why they get another chance.

MC:
Akito - An unconscious chuuni coming from a world where humans have superpowers. He had a power to copy abilities from other superpower users. He is probably the most reasonable in the team, maybe aside from Alien. He isn't as dim-witted as Takeru nor as goodie-two-shoes as him. He's often ruthless but isn't completely unfeeling. Is being used by main heroine who has a face similar to the girl he loved.

Blondie
Himawari - The rehabilitation manager in charge of all the last bosses. Originally she was a protagonist in her own world, but has failed to save it and it was destroyed. She isn't a bad girl, but she doesn't hesitate to use the fact her face is similar to MC's beloved. Yanagimi made her as a boobjoke. She doesn't participate in combat and saving worlds, having a support role.

More to come, brb food.

I love Mari!

Based user.

>The green one is loli, DFC and best girl, not a human though.
Eternal loli? Picked up. I'll wait for profile and info.

Vendetta - The fallen angel who has died during inner strife between fallen angels and demons. She's pretty much a tsundere and a good girl, but has personality problems and can't stand anything that has to do with angels and god. One more more reasonable members of the party. Sometimes acts high and mighty, but it doesn't match her personality.

Sora - Skynet and the best girl as far as I'm concerned. Like mentioned above, a DFC and a really good girl. She's very helpful to MC in the first volume despite having her intelligence overall decreased by limitation. Her personality and way of speaking make her a bit similar to, but a little more honest Kanaria. She fights by using nanomachines and travels on top of a floating ball.

It feels like I'm using "good girl" too much, but despite being last bosses, these heroines are all good girls deep down inside.

Alien - Can't write much about Alien because she doesn't speak, but it appears like she's the calmest and most cooperative of the entire team. Right from the start until the very end she cooperates with MC, saves other members from harm and seems to think of well of what should be done. She one-shot pulverizes the hero at one point of the book.

Igniit - The fallen hero, complete dumbass and a fucking berserker. All he has in his head is combat. Apparently he died when his childhood friend the priest, a member of hero's party had stabbed him into the back. I'm not really certain if he's actually a guy, I wouldn't be surprised if three volumes later it was revealed he's a girl underneath. In any case, he's a total retard and a dumbass, and a retard. He fights with a magical sword and wears a living armor. Apparently it's unknown where does his absurd strength comes from (I'm guessing the "unknown" means he's been into so much combat, that he leveled up until level 99).

Kirishima - Basically the guy is a CEO of a company who used all his company's assets into making a Gundam for himself. Despite being a very intelligent guy, he's a total retard because of his freaky tendencies. He's an otaku for any kind of fantastical things from fantasy, through ninjas to sci-fi. Like mentioned before, he fights by using his gundamwhatever called Black Hydrangea. Also, this guy's quite chuuni too. Unlike MC he's chuuni on purpose though.

A little break now, I need to think what to write next. Writing all the descriptions live from my memory.

Thanks for the writeup, sounds pretty good. You interested in picking it up or are you just gonna focus on OSO for now?

I am interested in picking it up, but I want to focus on OSO for now.

Danke.

>way of speaking make her a bit similar to, but a little more honest Kanaria.
>She fights by using nanomachines and travels on top of a floating ball.
I already like her.

So what was everyone's crime? Considering how they are all last boss type characters.

They destroyed their own worlds or brought them to brink of destruction. They are just that powerful. Even god-in-charge is bothered by how powerful team Himawari chose and is limiting their powers because of that.

Ayy lmao sounds like best girl material.

I think god in charge has the right idea. Do we have any idea on god in charge and if there is a chance they become the main villain? Also any character that sticks out like a villain like Haunted did for so long?

Okay, I know what to write about.

Overall the system they are working with, makes it so that they CANNOT die. I mean, they can die in the world they are dropped into, but after death they're going back to Himawari's house (though they cannot return back to action before going into a new world).

After saving each world, they are evaluated by God-in-Charge for their work, each of them separately accordingly to how well they did, and their attitude (mental).

About the god-in-charge: I can't rule anything out at this point, but I honestly doubt it.

New haunted? There is no recurring villain so far, although I don't rule out one might appear. If anything appears, I wouldn't be surprised if last boss team had enemies who are their polar opposites (like, a different team who destroys worlds, or something).

One of the parts closest to main plot so far, are flashbacks. For example the girl MC loved was a very special superpower used, for which she received Kiseki treatment until MC had broke her out of prison. She was close to dying, and MC finished her off by her own request. She died calling the other osananajimi's, Touya's name. (they were three osananajimis).

That was the reason MC went evil path. Pissed off by the world and Touya for treating her like Kiseki and leaving her to die "for the sake of the world".

What's with the pink xenomorph

Best girl.

^One of the heroines.

Hmm from the sounds of it, I wouldn't be surprised if the rival team was composed of everyone's most precious person.

That's pure speculation.

All right. Next I'll spoil a little of the novel's overall flow, without detailed spoilers.

Prologue is a short prelude where Himawari picks the characters into her party. Then a prologue where MC fights and dies by his childhood friend Yuuto's hand.

Chapter 1. Everyone suddenly appears in Himawari's room and is ROUGHLY explained what's going on. Since she's a retard as well, they ROUGHLY get it.

They're suddenly thrown into the first world and told to save it. Everyone happily rushes into combat. While they happily wipe out all lifeforms and corrupted god-dragons infesting the planet, MC just teleports and 1shots the true god-dragon of the world, destroying it the world completely. They're thrown back to Himawari's room, it turns out that was a tutorial world. Some of them actually think they overdid it.

Of course it is, but going by what the author did last time, it wouldn't be too surprising. Especially with how the novel seems to work. You got the priest for one character and the dead child hood friend already.

How strong is Sora? Does she fight like Elsword's Eve using nanomachines?

Is there any banter un nature of Mary/Ouka ?

I won't go into too much details on next chapters. Only explain what kind of world it entails and what happens at the start. This is where main volume plot starts and I'm not gonna spoil that.

Chapter 2+

They're given a limitation on their powers by god-in-charge and also a WEEK limit to save the world.

The world they immediately thrown into, is one where two countries are fighting, but one has taken complete advantage by kidnapping and taking complete control of Barrier Miko.

Right from the start they are thrown into a battlefield. Glasses (the CEO guy) and hero go straight into combat like berserkers. Vendetta also follows them. They all have basic knowledge of the world from Himawari, so instead of thinking deeply they just go to beat the empire's army. Just to realize their powers are heavily limited.

Meanwhile MC realizes he's been severely limited in the last moment and is saved by Alien. He, alien and Himawari retreat. Himawari asks him to take the role of a leader, and he agrees for the time being. He asks Alien to go find and pick up Sora. Then he starts thinking more deeply about what might be the reason why is world at danger and starts working towards fixing it.

Meanwhile Hero, glasses and vendetta save the weaker country's army and are taken for legendary gods. Akito contacts Vendetta through telepathy and tells them to remain with that army and help them out so that they don't die out, as he plans on going onto the other side.

That's as far as I'll spoil.

More like she creates lots of weapons and annihilates entire countries at once. She didn't really fight much this volume, but she's much like Ikaruga, creating walls with nanomachines.

Not so far, unless you count in Akito vs Igniit banter. But those two are guys. I think we might see more girls considering there's only three so far, and all of them with underdeveloped personalities.

Doesn't she look like anime Suginami Suzuka?

Will this be a new translation project?

Fluster the demon girl!

Now, any questions and similar are welcome since I'm out of ideas what to write about.

Might be, not sure yet. It certainly IS tempting. Can't promise anything now.

Also, keep the thread alive for a day at least. It's still morning in US.

>demon horns
>brown skin
>elf ears
>big breasts
I don't know about you guys but best girl right here.

I hope Haunted joins the group, forcing him to be a good guy sounds fun.

Don't think its happening. All these characters are good folks deep down inside. Haunted is rotten to the bone.

Thanks for the summaries and explanations. So the mc's male childhood friend was Touya Yuuto? And going by what you said, he wasn't there when mc broke out the other childhood friend right?

I WANT TO CUM INSIDE KISEKI

Yeah. Not sure where did you get "yuuto" though.

As expected, the alien is the cutest.

She is a demon and heretic, not your waifu.

Demons can be waifus too.

I guess that's true, I guess having Haunted trying to save people is just too weird.

his childhood friend Yuuto's hand.

That part. Unless there was a 4th.

Devils and Demons are different user.

That's not how it works. The only good witch is a dead witch, or one being tortured to make weapons of mass destruction. Either one works.

Sorry, brainderp of mine. I don't know why Yuuto. Probably my brain derped because the Akito's and Touya's childhood friend was Yuuhi. There were just three of them. Akito, Touya and Yuuhi.

OHH, I get it. The visual novel I'm playing in the background like now has a protagonist named Yuuto.

Ouka pls

But Kiseki is a good girl who tries her best, just like Vigne.

Ya playing Aselia?

Unlucky Rebirth/Reverse.

I haven't played aselia for years now.

Alright that makes more sense. Not gonna lie, mc looks like one of those rival characters. That or an mc from Disgaea.

P.S. OPPAI.

Thanks OP, you are a scholar and a gentleman.

So it literally IS the Xenomorph, except this time, with a "didn't mean to accidentally end the world kind of twist" right?

Was just following the orders of her beloved mother after all

Question. How come Sora's intelligence is hampered by the limit and not only just her powers?

She totally is evil or something. There has to be a twist.

Alien is the queen xenomorph. She stumbled upon earth and attacked it, then she died, killed by humans.

Because her powers are highly connected to her intelligence, something like that.

Now, this is the last image in vol 1.

Well considering who she's recruiting and how her world was destroyed, I'm betting she's the one who destroyed it.

No, she was just useless of a protag.

So I guess this one is never getting an anime adaptation, I mean there is no way they will let a pink xenomorph appear without a lawsuit.

Also that knight guy actually looks cool.

That dude is girl. I'm sure about it.

>knight guy
>guy
Come on user.

Okay, fine, it's totally a girl... probably.

Alien-chan a cute.

Theoretically prologue classifies his sex as male (according to profiles Himawari is looking through), but just like you guys I'm quite certain that must be a girl.

She is a walking copyright violation.

He does have a pointier chin and small eyes in the illustrations which are usually more boyish features but the hips here make him also seem pretty girlish.
It's a tossup either way unless there's a clue in his dialogue.

Is there really a trademark placed on the specific design of "The Alien"?

Probably. But don't worry the anime will play around that by keeping her off the screen all the time and censoring the times she appears on screen with the fog. I bet they will turn it into another big joke.

If a detail is different they can't sue you as it's technically a completely different thing, or something, but I'm not exactly well versed in law so I'm probably talking out of my ass here.

He does keep checking out Himawari's boobs. Or rather everyone's boobs. Seems extremely interested in boobs.

It's hard to say based on dialogues. Can go either way. Isn't "definitely male" in speech, aside from the way he calls himself.

trees had to die for this
what a shitty world we live in

If I didn't have that much faith in the author's writing skills, that MC description would trigger me.

Based OP. Thanks for the summary. Also thanks for Antimagic.

At the very least he isn't a the OP generic protag from webnovels. That I can assure you of.

Antimagic had a similar stupid chuuni premise and it ended up being entretaining and fun without falling in the pitfalls associated with the genre.

Not to mention Antimagic had god tier girls.

I just hope it won't end on 4 volumes like previous one.

Literal god-tier girls.

How can a sword be so great? How did she do it?

I'M NOT MAD ANYMORE

So is it now OSO -> Another Mission -> etc. Or more like OSO -> etc. -> Another Mission when etc gets boring

I love how there isn't any asteriskfag/stellafag who can argue with this.

I'll do another mission chapters at random when I'm bored.

...Might as well name myself just this once, too.

*I generally don't name myself in discussion threads of any kinds, whether it's antimagic threads or whatever else. Just this time I'm openly holding a spoiler party.

That's what names are for though, just remember to not use it unless you have a good reason to.

So that's it, huh? We're some kinda Last Bosses of the Heroless Worlds?

I remember there was a case where some mahoukafag used my nickname for writing garbage, so this is a FYI.

>autism won't let me make epub of Another Mission 2 without Another Mission 2 actually being properly complete
feels like being IJA soldier on a Pacific island still thinking WW2 isn't over yet

Goddamit.
Oh, welp, this is Sup Forums, dumb shit happens, you're probably better off staying out of the line of fire yeah.

Is the story written with a clear setup for a long run arc or mostly self contained episodic "isekai of the week" adventures with the gang?

Both, is my impression so far. Sure, it can go the "isekai of the week" route by throwing them into a single world for one volume. But it also can throw them in one world for four volumes. There are also "tragic pasts" to explore which hint at long run arcs.

It can go any way, or even all these at once.