Did we run out of meme magic?

Is it all ogre for Kimi no Na wa?

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/01/25/despite-its-obvious-brilliance-your-name-has-failed-to-get-an-oscar-nomination/#150b76f61f35

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wait, this isn't out in the US and Canada until April? Why so late?

Shitty dubs

Im glad, its a shit movie

>despite-its-obvious-brilliance

How about no.

Oscar nominations are chosen by old men who don't care about some ching-chong chinese cartoons.

It will never will an Oscar because it is run by old white people.

Zootopia will win, its also the better movie.

But it's already come out dubbed in my EU country. It just seems strange that it'd take that much longer for it to reach the US. Hasn't it at least already been screened with subs?

Animation category is a complete joke anyways, its always disney shit. Kubo would be the next best thing but everyone knows Zootopia will win

Is that your defense for everything?
>Im a failure because them old white men
>everything bad in the world is because old white men

Because Hollywood only picks Hollywood.

t. jada smith

As much "prestige" the Oscar has, in terms of animation they clearly don't give a fuck.

And as I recall you have to "give" the judges some sort of "gift" to have chances on winning.

it would have had it seen a western release

it's still too niche at this point

does the author legitimately believe the oscars nominate what's actually good?

inb4 moana wins tho

>Oscar winning
>made more money in Japan
>bigger gross when inflation is taken into account

Threadly reminder that Hayao Miyazaki's legacy is secured and y'all should keep crying, bitch niggas.

But it was a crap movie.

>rehashed teen romance with pointless rainbowy animation vs arguably the most detailed and beautiful 3d animation ever done with a plot that covers extremely controversial topics without offending anyone and being enjoyable to watch for all ages

KnNw deserves no oscars, zootopia is objectively better even if it isnt to your weaboo tastes. Very few anime deserve oscars, mostly miyazaki stuff and then things like wolf children maybe.

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 14 weeks, 13 weekends
>Has surpassed Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle as #2 Anime Film of All Time in Japan
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>Also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
>Now grossed US$331 million.
>Surpasses the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million), making it the highest grossing anime film of all time.
>Is approved by Shinzo Abe and used by Cool Japan to spur tourism in Japan.

Yep. We ran out of meme magic.

SURE FEELS GOOD TO GET NOMINATED

It's minor, but add that its getting an extension to its limited theatrical release in Italy next week. As far as I can remember, it had never happened before with screenings of anime movies here.

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

>3d animation
>beautiful

Is your EU country Italy by any chance?

Did not find a way

The Academy just has a huge boner for anything French in the animation category. It's why Tsumiki no Ie was titled La Maison en Petits Cubes, to trick the Academy into thinking it was French.

>zootopia is objectively better
Zootopia is the most tumblr move of the year.

>Because Hollywood only picks Hollywood.

And its still better

Was Your Name on the wrong side of history?

And France.

Even if it had been nominated, Zootopia would still win.
Frankly I'm glad to miss the Sup Forums vs. furry shitstorm that would've created.

It's like Hillary getting the popular vote but Trump winning the nomination.

You concentrated meme magic on all the wrong things so now there's no meme magic left for the Oscars.

furfags are just too strong

>meme magic
Shit meme, go die

Not really a solid argument there, champ.

I think you're on the wrong website, xir.

>Oscar
>not rigged
Pick one.

Shinkai should've taken a different route to get the nomination.

>meme magic
>caring for oscars
I am going to blame stupid shit like this on LWA and trigger fans.

>muh rigged this muh rigged that

Donald, please stop posting and make anime great again.

You're already outdated, It's already the no.1 selling anime film of all time in japan.

n... nani??!

Indeed. It's getting aired again next week but not in my region anymore, I wanted to go watch it a third time dammit.

Dont kid yourselves. Miyazaki only has Hollywood recognition because of Disney

Did you read this?

>Surpasses the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million), making it the highest grossing anime film of all time.

No matter what others say or whether it's nominated or not, I still love it. Will watch multiple times in the cinema if given the chance.

Should've removed the part where it's still no.2, then.

So is this shit any good besides the terrible sounding synopsis? Keep in mind that I disliked the second half of 5cm/s greatly but enjoyed the first bit.

When will the BDs be available?

It's karma for "that" being spammed.

>No legal way for any western audiences to watch the movie more than half a year after its release
>Cry it isn't nominated

I mean what the fuck did you expect? The people who nominate that shit at the Oscars can't even watch it.

PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
EP 13: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo

>>bigger gross when inflation is taken into account
Yeah, no. The total earnings from around the world are not even counted yet for KNNW.

Zootopia is the worst contender

Actually, that's true. Somebody dig me up the screenshot of the jury's decisions when Kaguya was nominated.

>Oscar winning
That only proves that Miyazaki made kiddie shit.

>third time
Jesus man, it was expensive as fuck in my city what are you doing?

>implying tumblr would ever admit they are prejudiced against the so-called oppressors
Nah.

What? Not him, but this is true for the oscars. That they're white doesn't really matter, but that they're old, out of touch and mostly nominate movies specifically catering to them, hence ''oscar bait''. I remember the year frozen came out, their comments showed the length of their disdain or lack of interest when it comes to animation. Most of them just went to watch one or two, and picked whatever their grand children liked, and others just disliked animation period.

notice that you added the "white"

This, meme magic worked perfectly, it avoided staining the movie's good name with a golden turd

>shitty sol gender bender anime didn't get an Oscar
Pixar has more talent in their custodial department.

America isn't the entire western world

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

All voters are American

And only Americans care about local awards
I don't get why anybody would be surprised at that
Kimi no Na wa won local awards too

Holy shit, who picks the judges for these """award""" ceremonies? I don't really care about oscars or golden globes or emmys but at least tell me there are different judges every year or so.
How could anyone think that just having the same old people just arbitrarily pick their favorites would be a good system?

Yeah, it's almost as if there is an incestuous relationship between big studios and award ceremonies
Who could have imagined it?

>International festival awards
>local

They don't use judges, they take a vote of the same people every year.

Mods started banning keit-ai meme so the magic fade away.

It's only "international" because they want to legitimize a local thing

Hollywood is pissed that Trump won and are attacking anime because many anime fans supported Trump.

It's an Hollywood self-congratulation party.
Like Cannes for French cinema. It's supposed to be international but it's almost always an auteurish french movie that gets the main award.

Hah, kill me.
I don't have the balls to go out and watch it alone

Cannes isn't like that
It seems self-congratulatory by comparison because at the oscars Americans always win so if a French movie wins at Cannes you think it's the same kind of thing

>49th Sitges Film Festival - Best Animated Feature Length Film
>The Sitges Film Festival is a Spanish film festival and one of the world's foremost international festivals specializing in fantasy and horror films.

>I don't have the balls to go out and watch it alone
Seriously?

Thanks to this thread I learned something I wouldn't suspect otherwise. I'm going to look into it and see if I can spend an unreasonable amount of money for a second time.

I don't get it

Sup Forums's taste < everyone else

they just don't care about animation

The Oscar people will put in pity votes for niggers
They arent the type to be open minded a out over seas media

(You)

I suppose you meant to respond to my post Cannes is probably better than the Oscars in that respect but there is still a disproportionate amount of french movies among the winners.

Incorrect. See

>Jews approving of a Nip cartoon
Jews fear the Samurai.

Yeah I fucked up
And not at all, they don't win all that often

>Shitty dubs

No, it's slow uptake of Japanese producers pimping it horribly late

Since the forced cell phone meme is being rightfully deleted on sight, have they resided to forcing the fuck out of the actual movie now?

nah, but it's a romance story of similar vibes

Well it seems like you're right. I think I counted the Dardenne films as french, forgetting that they are belgian. And I don't know if Amour is supposed to count as french.
I also thought that La Graine et le Mulet won the Palme d'Or but it was actually a Cesar.

>everybody knows that Oscars are a joke
>people still treating Oscars like it's the greatest thing in the world and getting upset by nominations.
>they are so joke that they must give nomination by race.

>mods deleting the chronicle of meme magic

You can't stop it.

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 14 weeks, 13 weekends
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>Also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
>Now grossed US$331 million.
>Is approved by Shinzo Abe and used by Cool Japan to spur tourism in Japan.

Threadly reminder that for every Keit-ai post a mod deletes, Kimi no Na wa gets an extra $100,000 on its gross profits.

>foreign film
>animated
>not promoted by Disney
>fails to get Oscar nod
Stop the presses.

How much has it made so far?