He doesn't watch 80s animes

>He doesn't watch 80s animes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Szw8RtwN51Q?t=319
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/anime
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good, they were ugly.

Not many good 80s shows for a non-/m/ guy. Many great films and OVA though.

I did, but wish I didn't.

>animes

whoever told you I didn't is lying

I watched pretty much everything good/popular from the 80's
Any underrated stuff out there?

I dunno what you define as good/popular and I don't know what you define as underrated. You've seen Birth and Gosenzosama Banbanzai?

Gunbuster was mediocre ! The only great thing was the last scene from ep 4

I watch OVAs and movies, sometimes, if I find something I want to watch. But honestly, I focus more on the 70s and 90s when it comes to old anime.

I'm watching the original Dragonball right now.

Why does Goku seem to have a habit of forgiving people who committed mass genocide? Ox King, Freiza, Vegeta, Buu, 17 and 18,etc.

That kid has odd priorities.

I'd recommend Space Runaway Ideon since the BDs got finished a while ago and I think a batch is up now. Blue Comet SPT Layzner is also good.

I recommend you don't watch Ideon instead. The movie isn't worth having to endure the TV series

>He watches animes.

Gunbuster is incredible, my favourite OVA ever.

I've already watched Zeta Gundam, ZZ, Armored Trooper Votoms, Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, Gunbuster, and Space Runaway Ideon.
Any other good '80s anime left for me to watch (excluding the Patlabor OVAs, which I plan to watch in the near future)?
You know, other than shit like Dirty Pair or Bubblegum Crisis?
Or Urusei Yatsura, for that matter?

>other than
Except The Lovely Angels and Bubblegum Crisis are wonderful you rec wanting newfag.

I like how it combines with the "sequel"

Vifam

I am right now, though.

U bitches don't know funny till you've seen it.

Magical Angel Creamy Mami > any /m/shit

boring as hell

Is ZZ gunbam 80's enough?

Why watch that shit when BD releases have been out for years?

it's a comedy, but you're not bombarded with boobs and asses for no reason. It might be confusing for young people.
youtu.be/Szw8RtwN51Q?t=319

I remember the last episode I watched was "no but the restaurant is mamason and not mamason."
I just didn't have the patience for that shit.

>animes
>80s crap
sasuga newfaggot

It was very good for like first ~60 episodes.
that's a lot of episodes. It's fault was it was to popular to cancel at the time.

Because it's the version a friend gave to me. Beggars can't be choosers.

>animes
>image.jpg

you R ugly

Damn right

Too bad 90% of 80's mahou shoujo is still untranslated

Nah, you're just stupid.

Because he's not Japanese Superman fighting for justice like the dub pretends he is.

Would be great if Minky Momo got picked up.

Fucking this. All the OVAs that are subbed are fantastic, and I really want to see MC hit by a car.

Hey I'm watching that currently too. I'm on episode 23.

Does anyone know how faithful the Spanish, French, or Italian versions are to the original? Maybe they could do like with Heidi and translate from an easier language

>Watching a fan translation of a fan translation
Jesus user, just learn moon.

The one with the super bees, right?

Oh my bad, actually I'm on 22. The one with this guy.

Super bee's sounds super interesting though.

Anime is an english word unles you pronounce it like /ɑnime/ and should be pluralized like any other English word. In English it means speficially cartoons of Japanese origin, in Japanese it means any cartoons.

Eh, not really. The most interesting thing that happened the entire episode was Ryo acting gay as hell.

> should be pluralized like any other English word.

Not every English word is pluralized like that, though. Sort of like how the plural form of "deer" is still "deer."

It's optional.
There is nothing wrong with "animes", it's more of an Sup Forums meme that you shouldn't do it, that you have to follow to fit in.

In this context, I think it's a meme to say "animes", though, so and had nothing to complain about. It's a frozen, memified phrase of ironically spelling "wrong".

>Not every English word is pluralized like that, though. Sort of like how the plural form of "deer" is still "deer."

All of them end in a consonant.

Data

Go be stupid somewhere else. Plural of anime is anime.

Data is an uncountable word, unlike anime.

And? Not the point you made nor does it make a difference.

Of course it makes a difference. Uncountable words never have a plural suffix. Deer, sheep, fish and other countable nouns that have the same plural form as the singular form all end in a consonant.

Moose.

Again, go be stupid somewhere else. Plural of anime is anime. Before you start up with your bullshit, no the plural is not meese.

The e at the end of moose is silent, the last phone is a consonant.

Try not to break your back reaching that hard.

It's not like it's new. Literally every shonen protagonist does it if you think about it.

Meese, you fuckin' faggot

I'm not reaching, it's just how the English language works.

Incorrect.

>These don't exist
>Yes they do
>Well not if I add this criteria in
>There's still this
>But what about THIS criteria
You're reaching.

Let's end this argument right here.

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/anime

anime ‎(countable and uncountable, plural anime or animes)

(uncountable) An artistic style originating in, and associated with, Japanese animation, and that has also been adopted by a comparatively low number of animated works from other countries.  [quotations ▼]
(countable) An animated work originated in Japan, regardless of the artistic style.  [quotations ▼]
(rare, countable, chiefly proscribed) An animated work, regardless of the country of origin.

You likely have no formal education in linguistics, yet you're trying to argue linguistics with an English major.

Oops, looks like you forgot to actually make a point. You made a claim, I provided an example. You added another criterion, I gave another example. You keep trying to add more criterion, and now you're just saying "well I'm educated on the matter so I don't need to refute you".

Buffalo is also an acceptable plural form that ends with a vowel sound.

>he asks for a word that ends in a vowel
>you give him a word that ends in a consonant

So is buffaloes, so if we apply this to anime then animes is exactly as valid.

Moose ends in a consonant? Are you retarded?

Except it's not because your "rule" that any noun ending in a vowel can't have the same singular and plural form doesn't exist, so there's no precedent for making the plural form animes. Since it's a loan word, people use it like it's used in Japanese.