Ok guys and gals. Given personal experience with addiction and it's struggles, as well as poor recovery success rates

Ok guys and gals. Given personal experience with addiction and it's struggles, as well as poor recovery success rates.
1.) Is there anyone out there that can tell me why we shouldnt be teaching addiction in grade school health classes? My only experience was when I was a sophomore in health class and was a project we had to do on those folding boards. I received the drug ecstacy and all we had to do was research it, find out what it's effects were, and side effects, as well as it's repercussions with law enforcement and healthy living.
The only issue with such a project. Was it's influence on me and several other classmates. Researching the drug in the wrong light gave me a desire to want to try the drug. Which I would in two years later.
2.) With addiction becoming a U.S. epidemic, it has been noted it is officially becoming the number one killer of people under 50. I think it said 54,000 or more people in 2016 lost their lives to addiction whereas car crashes was significantly lower at 37 thousand and gun deaths including murder and or suicide was at 32 thousand deaths.
3.) With so many youth getting hooked early on substance abuse. Would it be wise to instruct them on the medical sciences of addiction. The social and personal impacts of using. And just learning what some people go through in a daily basis struggling with addiction. Such learning might help an individual or maybe even a generation on the importance of understanding and acceptance of those with this very common mental disorder.

FYI: There are many stances on the conditioning of addiction such as it being a brain disease or simply a mental disorder . The DSM-V does not recognize addiction as an actual disease. That being said, many current scientist believe we will find a neuropathological defect in the brains functionality that will signify the physical non functioning of the brain vs purely psychological. Let

Thank you for your input!

Bump for an actual discussion on Sup Forums

1) don't you have a shitload of those classes? i personally had them almost every year at school
3) they already know this and they don't care
people won't stop doing drugs when you tell them that they're bad for your health, EVERYONE know this already
also all drugs should be legal

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Addiction Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Don't Inject Yourself Like Nigga Don't Snort That Shit Haha

I only had one health class which was half my sophomore year in hs. Like I said it only involved researching 1 drug and presenting it to class. I'm sure different schools have different policies. But hey even people are going to use or choose not to. A better understanding of what is happening physiologically to your body and it's growth stunting on brain maturity I feel could be useful information for someone who wants to get clean or stay clean. Maybe I would have stopped sooner if I recognized the signs of addiction, I used to not even know what addiction was it was ignorant like most people are about it. It might also resonate to discuss the use of drugs with people who have mental illness an or behavioral issues, especially since using often masks and covers serious mental imbalances. Basically a more rigourous training and understanding might help someone stop.before they end up dying.

This type of shit posting always pops up in these threads. Which is fine. It's a good example of someone who probably hasn't experienced addiction in their life and it's impact on society and ones self. Using drugs and alchohol is typically just a symptom of a much larger issue. Which can vary thousands of different ways in what we all deal with. But usually it has to do with issues like depression or anxiety. I was one of the few that never was diagnosed with depression or you know anxiety or ADHD. All that crud. But I can tell you that I filed my own addiction with my own money for several years and I did not know how to stop

Went to prison in the 90's for cooking meth did 4 years 10 months.
Fucked around with it most of the rest of my life.
Quit cold turkey in 2015 smoke a lot of weed now though.
Not much hope for the rest of my life just sort of passing time and trying to not hurt people on my way out.

Also all drugs should absolutely not be legal. We have already proven as humans that many of us can't even stick to a healthy dosing schedule until we overdose for fun and get high on the extra intake of opioids.

Did you experience withdraw from the abrupt intake of meth into your system? Just curiois, I've always been into the Downers not the uppers

Daily reminder: its easier to get illegal drugs as a teenager than it is to alcohol.

Also, sorry to hear it's hold on you. I know meth can physically stretch your heart valves and put much stress on your cardio/pulmonary systems. Hopefully you aren't suffering from drowning.

I could shoot a gram of dope and fall asleep my whole life is a withdrawal.
The dreams of fucking it all off is the worst of all.

Not to cause more pain and madness,That's an honorable thing to do.

Maybe in some places yes it is. It's also possible to start using as a teenager consistently and by the time you hit your thirties your brain has not matured at all and is still similar to a teenagers. Any heavy drug usage under 25 can exponentially slow your brains development process. Another reason many use so long. They don't mature mentally enough to see the bigger picture on life. That it's more about that high and having fun and feeling good.

here's one easy trick to not become an addict: don't fucking do drugs. it's not even like alcoholism where it's legal to start drinking. you have to break the law before you can even begin to turn into a junkie. most of the people who end up addicted to shit were degenerates to begin with who thought they were better than the rest of law abiding society and willing to risk going to jail and ruining their own health just to get high.

It's never too late to give back and gain some redemption or repreive. We aren't bad people we are sick people. And unfortunately some of us don't slay the dragon until it's too late.

We are all a product of our environment. I was raised as the youngest in my family and saw my sister go through her party phase in her teens and early 20s. I know she did alot but then just got over it. I grew up thinking that was what you do at that age. Only the friends we partied with would sometimes bring around other friends maybe one of them had some viccodin for sale and your best friend has tried them before and they are awesome. I'm not saying it wasn't my decision to ever try pills. But that first time I got high I felt amazing it gave me energy and total euphoria. Over time my friend got deeper and deeper and I went with him. He ended up slamming years before I ever did but it's not a fast process. It takes it's hold over time and you think you are in control but you aren't . I've been to rehab and met some of the most successful and genuine people I have also met alot of shit heads. Addicts are all types we need to get past this homeless degenerate mentality of a current drug user. Yes alot of them are homless and addicted. But there is a huge percentage of homless which have severe mental problems and no one to help them out. Be thankful for what you are blessed with . Anyone who gets clean and works an honest program will tell you they don't expect pity or remorse. It's about changing who you are fundamentally and how you live your life. It has nothing to do with drugs or alchohol at it's core principals. But thank you for showing another example of ignorance and fear or bias towards something they haven't even lived.

if your older brother was a carjacker would you have thought stealing cars was a normal thing to do? "but all my friends were criminals too" is a coon-tier excuse.

There is not enough time for that between the faggotry, feminism and transsexual classes.

Haha good one but no because my sister partied around the same age most Americans do when they start usually between 15 and 22 it's American culture basically. In fact I would say most of you that never partied at all then are probably the minority. Now as far as doing what my friends were doing. There are alot of reasons I ever tried pills. 1.) All the popular people were doing it too. 2.) Health concern wasn't an issue one 5mg/500 viccodin is no more harmful than a 500mg Tylenol and your body can take about 2500mg of Tylenol safely per day. 3.) I was a teenager hot shot I did way worse shit then take a couple pills at that age. I still went to college and major University right after high school. But that doesn't mean I wasn't afraid to experiment a little. It's ok everybody to have done some crazy shit when we are kids. Unless you had zero friends to do that fun stuff with which sounds possibly true or you were just lame rule follower. I'm teasing you, but honestly I know I'm not the only one who partied as a teenager and early adult that was what you did in my hometown. It was a farming town in Washington and so people from school would all meet up in the Jack in the box parking lot and go find parties or whatever. Sure not everyone did that but alot did

Do they have those in your country? Because I'm from the u.s. and we can pretty much choose our class schedule once in high school. Speaking of faggots the gay community has an exceedingly high usage of drug abuse typically in the form of uppers and mood enhancers. I am not knowledgeable about it to discern if it's a sex thing with drugs involved or if it stems from emotional issues of acceptance and sexual identity. I'm sure it's a little of both honestly. In fact, one of my roommates is a gay man and he will do meth when he goes out to meet random dudes. So yes it is relevant thank you

you are claiming it's ok to flagrantly ignore the law because "everyone else is doing it." this is why addicts are universally degenerates.

Well that's a broad assumption it was also illegal for us to drink under the age of 21 but I guess everyone who ever did that is a degenerate too. You are more than entitled to your opinions. I'm just explaining how I did things. Like I said addicts and alchoholics all come from different walks of life. Some perscription addicts are a product of their doctors and big pharma they we're legally taking perscriptions several years and when it is all gone and you can get anymore and you are desperate to get some in you.....alot of of people might switch and try something like heroin because that's super easy to find. But it's totally fine if you want to be the high authority on humanity I won't stop you. Thank you for keeping this thread going.

Besides you are speaking law as if just taking the drug is illegal. When in reality ive had my wisdom teeth pulled. Got pain pills for that legally as a 17 year old. I also had my thumb reset and cast which also was given pain pills. Hey remember when weed was illegal in Washington and now it's totally legal. But it wasn't when I started smoking it. Classifying some as degenerate at that point in time is a little silly. Maybe you could make that point when shit started to to down hill for me about the age 27 sure I felt like a piece of shit then . But labeling everyone degenerate who ever did something illegal as a teen is kind of silly considering how many of us do little stupid illegal stuff.

the point is that education isn't going to do shit because druggies are pieces of shit who thought they were above consequences to begin with. even if you made them sit in a class about why drugs are bad they would just come up with an excuse to ignore it. you can't teach degnerates to not be degenerate. the only thing you can do is put enough social pressure on them to behave.

Are you an addict yourself? Here's the true true addicts and alchoholics will not change until they themselves are fully ready to give up that lifestyle. Most of us have to hit rock bottom and then lower before we decide it's worth it. I'm not saying kids won't use drugs or experiment just as much if we teach them more about addiction. But what I am saying is that maybe we could prepare our children with a better understanding at the number one thing that is killing people there age. And what signs and behaviours to look out for. It took me a long time to even realise I was out of control 7 years. What about teaching students what to do if they find one of their friends not breathing on the couch from overdose of pills they took earlier you knew about. And how to possibly keep them alive till emergency support arrives and they administer narcan or whatever. Or teach students what types of drugs and drug combinations kill the fastest there is so much more I could go on.

Sure we can do nothing and let the annual death statistic continue to rise for youth and young adult addiction. It may not effect you at all but it is going to keep on rising and rising until we are forced to do something. You obviously have much hatred for addicts and alchoholics which is totally fine. I've met pleanty of you. Your opinion is much appreciated but it's difficult to talk to someone who only has an outside perspective which is totally fine. But that's just your veiw against millions and millions

We started DARE early in elementary school, at least by 5th grade. I remember they scared us with photos but they need to start hammering in on heroin. As a kid I remember thinking "I wanna try all the drugs" just out of curiosity and rebellion. Now as a 25 year old hoping to become a licensed actuarian by the age of 32 (old as fuck), constantly the people I know make references to my past drug use and I can't fucking have a healthy BMI or have a lot of energy without people making accusations. At least I escaped with my life. That's better than several of my friends. I'm tough as nails now because I know other people will ascribe to their stereotypes in the face of logic every time and that the way I'm treated does not reflect who I really am, which is an intelligent and diligent person. A hard worker. It took so long to realize this and the two rounds of probation did not help either. Wish I could go to schools myself and tell kids "Don't be curious about heroin. It's a physical sensation that's no better than the feeling of accomplishment. It will kill you at worst and severely slow down your pace of life achievement at best."

That's right I forgot about d.a.r.e I never was involved in it. I appreciate your input and wisdom everything you said is true and I have experienced as well. Heroin is definitely one of harshest of all and the physical dependence arrives quickly. Unfortunately some of us will never heed advice from anyone with experience and often most of us will have to learn our own way and alot of us will die before that day . There will be a future when everyone knows an addict personally. It will get that bad because it is almost that bad. Thank you

just kill the kikes

You could just go to your local d.a.r.e
Office and see if they have anything
Or even not just call up.some rehabs near you inpatient and typically they have guests come in and basically run a meeting I've found that to feel pretty good as well. I've heard advice from men my age and older which has helped me stay clean visa versa I like to think whenever I have gone to speak people could relate to me somehow some shape and just having that connection is pretty powerful at times.

We will pretend for the sake of this topic that kike means shit posting