Why did he stop the tanks at Dunkirk?

It made no sense. They were trapped. They were up for the taking and yet he stopped the tanks. It cost him dearly at the end, his life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/os_E_MXjnqs
youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos
newsweek.com/trachilos-footprint-crete-human-evolution-million-658287
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/do-ica-stones-prove-mankind-coexisted-dinosaurs-advanced-technology-098989
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-7-8-foot-skeletons-uncovered-ecuador-sent-scientific-testing-004119
humansarefree.com/2017/09/fossilised-giant-footprints-discovered.html
anthropology.msu.edu/anp363-ss13/2013/02/27/the-corruption-of-the-priesthood-of-amen
biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/ancient-cultures/ancient-near-eastern-world/the-expulsion-of-the-hyksos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He foolishly trusted the eternal Anglo.

i'm watching this movie right now

where's the dialog?

When your enemy is backed against the wall they fight the hardest.

It's deep up your ass

What dialog? It is a film about English trapped wogs on a beach and on ships.

P.S. watching too, he is just stealing a bread with jam on a boat

what tanks?

They had no water, not much in terms of ammo and no tanks. The tanks could just walk right through to the beach and take em all prisoner. No kidding, It was a question of an assault of 6 to 8 hrs to take the beach.

The tanks from the German side.

Hitler was a terrible strategist with generals too afraid to tell him otherwise.

Why do you think the OSS stopped trying to assassinate him?

I understand the german armor were already stretched, w/ supply and fuel line extended to a point where it would have interrupted other ongoing operations if they were to be attacked.

Think about Stalingrad, where an german-held airport vital to resupply 6th army group was attacked by the Russians to make the german relief group deviate from their original mission and make a detour to aid the airstrip.

Kind of the same thing. If you overstretch your line you make yourself vulnerable to sabotage/hit and runs/etc.
Also Hitler still thought there could be resolution. Can't give sources on that last part, I just read another user post it so it might just be another Werhaboo

I should add, he was worried about overstretching his troops who were fighting two weeks straight.

He was also worried about the supply lines catching up to the tanks.

>generals too afraid to tell him otherwise.

Not in 1940. At that point they were still calling the strategic and militaristic shots for the most part.

Georing boasted he could his airplanes were all that was needed. Hitler may have believed him and possibly thought he could force a surrender this way.

F O G O F W A R

because of the french.
read history.

"where's the dialog?" you fucking bumpkin

It was kind of implied that Hitler was trying to "be nice" in hopes that they Allies would surrender after the evacuation.

>" Few historians now accept the view that Hitler's behaviour was influenced by the desire to let the British off lightly in [the] hope that they would then accept a compromise peace. True, in his political testament dated 26 February 1945 Hitler lamented that Churchill was "quite unable to appreciate the sporting spirit" in which he had refrained from annihilating [the] British Expeditionary Force, at Dunkirk, but this hardly squares with the contemporary record. Directive No. 13, issued by the Supreme Headquarters on 24 May called specifically for the annihilation of the French, English and Belgian forces in the pocket, while the Luftwaffe was ordered to prevent the escape of the English forces across the channel."

Hitler was probably the best leader since Alexander. It's a toss up between him and Napoopan.

His conquest of France was probably the greatest military win in history.
Most of his generals wanted a repeat of the WW1 tactic and it was Hitler that personally choose the sickle stroke against the will of his generals.

Armchair fuckwits like yourself isolate specific events and forget that people don't have a crystal ball when they are making decisions. Hitler hoped to come to terms with the Brittish and that was probably a factor. Also Not wanting to overcommit against an isolated force while his army is still marching through France.

Funny how they always gloss over (((churchill))) not sending ships to rescue the highland division and leaving them alone against the entire german army

>I understand the german armor were already stretched, w/ supply and fuel line extended to a point where it would have interrupted other ongoing operations if they were to be attacked.

That is just not true. The tanks were refuled locally, they were running run off the mill diesel which was available in Northern france.

As to “stretched”, there were hundreds of tanks just standing there surrounding Dunkirk, the crews were itching to go. One of the tank commanders later on said one of his young crewmen said “we have them pinned down, what are we doing waiting here? Let’s get the bloody bastard, payback for my father who died at Ypern”. It tore his heart out seeing the enemy just getting away without a scratch.

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY STOP??? I DON'T GET IT! IT MAKES NO SENSE! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Hitler stopped the tanks because they had outrun their infantry, were outside the range of their supply lines, had taken heavy losses and were feared to be in danger of a French counterattack.

People forget that Hitler was a WW1 soldier. He didn't fully grasp the mobility of armored units until after France had fallen. He also didn't believe that the French had completely collapsed. He and the OKW expected the French to regroup, form a defensive line southwest of Paris and counterattack. The Germans did not expect Fall Gelb to succeed as quickly and completely as it did.

On top of that, many of the older generals distrusted Guderian, Rommel and the younger tank officers and wanted to pause the offensive so they could be brought back under direct control. The OKW was divided and full of rivalries. Many of the staff officers who had come up during the 1930s were distrustful of divisional and corps commanders. This is to say nothing of the mutual suspicion between the regular Heer and the SS.

You don't know what you're talking about. Read an actual account of the campaign by the people who were there, not random forum posts on wehraboo.com.

>Directive No. 13, issued by the Supreme Headquarters on 24 May called specifically for the annihilation of the French, English and Belgian forces in the pocket, while the Luftwaffe was ordered to prevent the escape of the English forces across the channel."

And yet the Halt Order of 24 May said to hold the armour back for several days.

Halder wrote in his diary on 30 May:
"Brauchitsch is angry ... The pocket would have been closed at the coast if only our armour had not been held back. The bad weather has grounded the Luftwaffe and we must now stand and watch countless thousands of the enemy get away to England right under our noses."

He did it again during D-Day. Hitler just loved his tanks... he hated seeing them hurt or exerting themselves too much. He CARED too much.

Because Hitler was a retarded dunce when it came to polics
> believe your secretary of state that Britain would never go to war with you no matter what
> after trouncing France and visiting Napoleon's grave, become delusional and think you are better than him and can beat Russia
> believe that America will never join Britain
> ignore all you generals because you don't like to hear bad news
> give idiots like Bormann carte blanche to run your government
> be superstitious about every little thing

Because Hitler liked the British

>Hitler stopped the tanks because they had outrun their infantry
>Hitler
>outrun their infantry

First, Hitler didn’t draft the order, he merely did not object to von Rundstedt and von Kluge. As to “outrun their infantry”... total bs, they were fighting at the frontline, the Panzers were in the rear of the German infantry.

he got fucked over by the jews in the end. They made sure he had to fight on two fronts and then Russia just sent wave and wave of men into a meat grinder

>Russia just sent wave and wave of men into a meat grinder

They bravely fought for their country. Yes, they fought without regard to their people’s lives, but still they did not abandon their posts like Brits did in France.

Just saying, maybe he really did want to destroy them all. Maybe not? I could have seen how later in the war he tried to make it look like he was trying to be nice.

Personally I could see how he didn't mind letting them escape, since he was still hoping to strike a peace with the British.

>I was gonna destroy them all, honest. But It just wasn't the right time.

I look at it the way most iron-fist leaders portray themselves. If you want to try and make peace you make it sound like the other side just "got lucky". You have to keep the idea of you being a hard ass in your supporters minds first.

>I stopped the tanks so the air force could bomb them to hell, but gosh darn it the weather stopped me!

It would be kinda hard to try and talk peace if you just massacre everyone a few weeks before you offer it.

it's not the brits fault the french were to fucking shit to stop getting invaded

>That is just not true. The tanks were refuled locally, they were running run off the mill diesel which was available in Northern france.
I didn't say the tanks were fueled in Berlin either.
When you plan an operation, you set aside a certain amount of resources.
You can (and will) end up using more resources than you were prepared to spare.
Germany had yet to face the bulk of french troops, that they still had to fight later when they pushed further south. We now know the Allies couldn't have mount a couter-offensive but it was a possibility and a threat for german command.>As to “stretched”, there were hundreds of tanks just standing there surrounding Dunkirk, the crews were itching to go
that's fine, and they probably (read most certainly) would have come out victorious. However:
'Discarded in France were, among other things, huge supplies of ammunition, 880 field guns, 310 guns of large calibre, some 500 anti-aircraft guns, about 850 anti-tank guns, 11,000 machine guns, nearly 700 tanks, 20,000 motorcycles and 45,000 motor cars and lorries.'
not enough to be a threat to Berlin itself or anything, but enough to hold and inflict damage to German divisions that would be fighting in some of the worst terrain possible for armor combat (bogs and shit ground)
Perhaps not significant damage, but when you're in the middle of a fucking invasion you try and keep casualties to a minimum. Not just for the sake of materiel but also morale- think Britain after Dunkirk. Didn't lose MUCH men, but a shit ton of equipment, outright cancelling couter operations, morale in tatters, etc.

>Personally I could see how he didn't mind letting them escape
Personally my guess was that the generals looked at it from a purely “how do we win in France” perspective. Every British, French, Dutch and Belgian soldier which made if off the beach at Dunkirk was one soldier less to care about, less to feed or fight or guard.

>Every British, French, Dutch and Belgian soldier which made if off the beach at Dunkirk was one soldier less to care about, less to feed or fight or guard.

Never thought of it that way but it makes a lot of sense. Why fight if you don't really have to.

>but enough to hold and inflict damage
inflict damage, yes. hold? nope, no way, You cannot hold an incircled beach if fhe Luftwaffe has air superiority and you have armour and infantry approaching from all sides. Your tanks and artillery is useless in this scenario. Also, they had no fuel left and they drank the cooling water.

The real answer is that simply nobody really thought they'd be in that position in the first place. Many German commanders weren't entirely confident that their gamble would pay off. Nobody really believed they could wipe out the British and French as quickly as they did.

I know everyone focuses on Dunkirk as a Wehrmacht mistake but the biggest military fuckup of the war was the Allied response to Fall Gelb.

The Germans were swinging above their weight class and the British and French fucked up real bad.

Maybe hold isn't the right word, because it conveys the image of a Last Stand at Helm's Deep.>You cannot hold an incircled beach if fhe Luftwaffe has air superiority
Luftwaffe lost 156 aircrafts to the RAF' 145.
Luftwaffe aircrafts were designed for ground support more then air superiority and it showed for the rest of the war.

The tanks ran out of fuel, troops were far away, and the entire British force was there, and could have staged a counter attack. The Germans did tentatively advance on the position, and were met with resistance.

He knew Britain was controled by demonic jews and literally let them scape anyways, that would be considered treason. The fag cucked the germans too at kursk and stalingrad.
In Battle Of Britain Goering saved the RAF from annihilation.
Also the Falaise Gap was reverse dunkirk to fortify the germans and kill more americans. The Market Garden bridge too.

The (((leaders))) in both sides were just making sure the battles turned out bloody and cause the biggest death toll of european people.

The Germans were at full stretch, logistically. Many were strung out on Meth to keep them on their feet. The SS attacked the Dunkirk perimeter and got absolutely BTFOd while the Wehrmacht rolled its eyes at these ideological amateurs.

>Luftwaffe lost 156 aircrafts to the RAF' 145.

Check which planes they lost. Goehring sent bombers ... in th first several days unprotected by fighters. The RAF could just pick them out of the sky.

Anyway, that only 156 aircraft were lost in so many days shows what a side show this all was. Also, virtually none of the Luftwaffe planes were lost attacking the beach, they were lost over the sea attacking enemy vessels there.

>Many were strung out on Meth

Pervitin tabs were used, but mainly in situations where they had to keep awake - during night battles, for aerial raids etc. The guys in the tanks surrounding Dunkirk had sleep and didn’t need 3 days of rest on May 24. They certainly were not all high on meth on May 24.

Just to be clear on the use of meth in militaries, Germany kept pervitin in stock for soldiers until the 1970s. Only in the 1970s did Americans start to badmouth meth for soldiers.

>imagine being this naive and historically illiterate...

I found the editing irritating, if you're depicting an event from several participants it makes sense to keep the timeline congruent, I found the jump cutting confusing and overall it detracted from the cohesion of the narrative, also the sub plot about the boy being killed on the small boat was just a bit odd and felt forced

>Why do you think the OSS stopped trying to assassinate him?
Because they failed over 50 times literally

Churchill was a cuck
/thread

brainlet

He was fighting with army command and did it to reassert his control. The peace deal was a myth.

The Luftwaffe didn't have a quality anti-shipping capability. They needed that and sufficient pursuit aircraft to overpower the air defenses over the salient. At that point, they'd be running a prisoner of war camp at Dunkirk.

it's a shit film and I had family at Dunkirk.

They stopped for maintenance and for the infantry to catch up to the armor.

t. Hitler's generals after the way, blaming a dead man who can't disagree with their accounts

German tanks took a beating from the French, and Rundstedt himself requested they be pulled back for repair. So the plan was to just have the Luftwaffe pick them all off from the skies/bomb any boats that tried to evacuate them, but an unexpected clouldy storm happened and ruined their visibility. Also, The French forces holding them off put up much more of a fight than the Germans were expecting

Hitler was a double agent working for the Rothchilds.
He always pulled his troops backs or did some retarded shit whenever they made too much progress on the field.
Hitler knew what he was doing. He never wanted to win.
In the end he supposedly "suicided" but in reality retired in luxury in a certain location where he eventually died of old age.
Its a hard red-pill to swallow but sadly its true.

Except Hitler made objectively terrible decisions throughout his entire career. Only pure luck or the other side being even dumber saved his skin for 12 years.

makes perfect sense, he was at war with the kike communists he did not want to fight his Aryan brothers. He was trying to expose what the church and kikes are doing, give us the truth, our past back
youtu.be/os_E_MXjnqs

yah do more research faggot

You are nowhere close you are only at the beginning you have no idea how deep all this shit goes everything you think you know are lies but the truth is here
youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos

this is batshit retardation

no you are retard, I can actually prove what I am saying conclusively, your opinion is not an argument

While I agree with you for the most part you are forgetting Julius Caesar. If Hitler had studied Caesar more he would have been unstoppable

nigger humanity is millions of years old, you have no idea how deep this shit goes

newsweek.com/trachilos-footprint-crete-human-evolution-million-658287
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/do-ica-stones-prove-mankind-coexisted-dinosaurs-advanced-technology-098989
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-7-8-foot-skeletons-uncovered-ecuador-sent-scientific-testing-004119
humansarefree.com/2017/09/fossilised-giant-footprints-discovered.html

you live in a complete fantasy a fabricated reality, nothing you think know is true. Everything you have been taught your entire life is all lies, all one big kike tale

anthropology.msu.edu/anp363-ss13/2013/02/27/the-corruption-of-the-priesthood-of-amen
biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/ancient-cultures/ancient-near-eastern-world/the-expulsion-of-the-hyksos

mystical shitposting wont cover up your ignorance of history user. Youre a paranoid and schizophrenic retarded person

If I told you the truth your normie would fucking explode

>my ignorance of history

Hey juden

>errythang an' ah mean ERRYTHANG b uh CONSPIRASEE yo

Indeed it is

>*smokes more meth*

The panzers were low on fuel, at the end of their supply line and depleted from losses and breakdowns. It was the right decision, militarily. Especially since Goring had promised that "his" luftwaffe would finish the job without even risking anymore panzers/infantry. Also, AH did not want to humiliate Britain bc he thought that would only harden our resolve. Unfortunately he had not accounted for the fact that the alcoholic Churchill was entirely controlled by the jew and was absolutely fine with the idea of completely decimating the empire, just as long as he could keep Britain in the war long enough for that lefty cunt FDR to bring America into it.

hitler did not part his hair that way

wrong
>mongols

Hi juden

/thread

Hitler is not even in the top 100 best commanders.

1. Genghis Khan
2. Alexander
3. Hannibal
4. Caesar
5. Subotai
6. Napoleon
7. Cyrus
8. Tiglath Pileser III

Nolan likes to kill young white males, happens in literally every film of his

> after trouncing France and visiting Napoleon's grave, become delusional and think you are better than him and can beat Russia

it was pretty clear that the Soviets were planning to invade Europe. Striking preemptively did improve Hitler's chances tremendously. His mistake was getting entangled in a war with the west through Poland.

He didn't want to kill what he saw as his extended people.

He had honor.

>number 1
>genghis khan

BWAHAHAHAHAHA fucking american education

The Char B-1

he showed compassion for his enemies, a human quality not possessed by kikes, shitskins and now unfortunately most whites

>aussie cunt
Anyone who doesn't acknowledge Genghis Khan as the greatest general in history is legitimately retarded.
It's not even a matter of debate.

Pessimism isn't being "woke".

>waaaah waaaaahhhhh
lmao
G*rmans could've never invaded UK, even if BEF was destroyed
RAF raped your pathetic airforce, and your joke of a navy could've never challenged Royal Navy
you lost because you were weak, fucking communists prosecuted war better than Nazis
now fuck off, you cringy shithead, and go suck Muslim cock

>Hannibal

Hoi lets drags elephants through the alps just for them to be completely useless then get our asses kicked

>LOOK GUYS HE CONQUERED ALL THESE TERRITORY WITH NOBODY IN IT TRULY THE GREATEST CONQUERER EVER

Just fucking kill yourself already you retard.

seriously, the annihilation of G*rman niggers makes my dick hard, it was pure JUSTICE
>m-muh m-masterrace
>behave like fucking Mongols, 600+ villages in Belarus were burned alive
>ends war with Ivan and Sergey passing G*rman goblin women around while their methead leader bites the lead
hahahahahah
try it again nigger, we will exterminate you, if Muslims don't do it before lel

FROG OF WAR
R
O
G

O
F

W
A
R

>WITH NOBODY IN IT

Like I said, legitimately retarded. Criminal genes will lead to a shitty IQ.

>get our asses kicked

Retard detected.

t. brainlet paki