youtube.com/watch?v=JiOHxtgqgnM
youtube.com/watch?v=PjTixX43liw
youtube.com/watch?v=LIleIBSm_zc
youtube.com/watch?v=haO32VGpe_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hmMAgqhbe54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Play the VN.

post the italian version

I have. That's why I wasn't expecting the DEEN anime to get to me so hard.

It's the anime which got most people into the fate franchise after all. It's decent if you don't know anything about it.

Plus the soundtrack is GOAT. I'd argue the number of good tracks in deens version is higher than in ufos.
youtube.com/watch?v=sXJYWEwmlFg

based Kenji Kawai
youtube.com/watch?v=ZKCCs9DNEJs
youtube.com/watch?v=Kgk8zoOFHT0
youtube.com/watch?v=zQaF_0Y3gxA

I haven't heard those in a while. Thanks.

I liked the movie version ending song

This is a meme.
Plus I really fucking loathe installing barely working software on my computer. I honestly would have bit the bullet and used steam if it was on there

>installing
You can download a fully cracked and patched version of the game that will run out of the folder you you dump it into, no installing necessary.

The anime is actually pretty good. It was very well received by Sup Forums when it first aired, tons of threads dedicated to it and it was what launched the Fate fandom here in the west. It was only after we got the mirror moon translation of the VN that people began to realize it didn't do the real story justice, and so it became shunned and mocked despite being pretty good in its own right. As much as I think its unfairly maligned, I'd still say it's best watched after having played through the VN.

It's just a fucking pain tbqh, especially since I'm on a got damn bandwidth limit
Every time I start to do it, I just get really fucking skeptical and go back to watching UBW

She looks like shirou wearing a wig.

How the fuck is it a pain? It's literally no different than downloading a large batch torrent of anime. You unzip it into a folder then click the exe. It's only like 2.5 GB too, so definitely less space than a 2 cour anime series.

Not at all.

>tfw introduced to FSN via the manga
>in addition to ending literally right as other Archer shows up, has almost no Sakura
>pissed as fuck, watch DEEN from episode 19 to salvage
>Sakura is in a prominent role and is thicc as fuck

>bandwidth cap
>downloads 26 episodes of anime that takes up at least 15 GB probably
>won't download a game that takes up 3 GB or less
???

Last time I checked there were like 15 rar.part files at 400mb each in the MEGA

KIRAMEKU NAMIDA WA HOSHI NIIIIII

You are dumb as shit.

>downloading anime

It did almost singlehandedly launch the Western Type-MOON fanbase back in the day after all.

This scene still holds up after all this time.

a.pomf.cat/dbrxlo.webm

Realta Nua is 6,7 GB, uncompressed. That's less than two cours.

remember me?

The biggest issue with the Ufotable soundtrack, in my book at least, is that so much of it was left off the soundtrack CDs, so you're not getting a good representation by just listening to those.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdWuc_xyC-UWtGg8ggysCDBkTg5NencWZ

you are definitely retarded
in all practical aspects vn wins
if you dont want to play/read source material thats fine
dont make excuses that make you look retarded do you even reread what you write

How come the old engrish chant is better than the new one? Suwabe please

Fucking great scene.

The last episode was pretty good. If only there weren't any retarded additions like bondage gear Sakura.

The ending was actually pretty sad, but would have been better if they actually animated the second sex scene with Saber, didn'th ave to go full on Hentai mode.

>no argument

It was implied.

How was it? If it was, that's not good enough, the scene itself was just as important as that fact that it happened.

Please, no more.

So what would you recommend to a first time watcher? Not me of course, I've got a buddy I'm trying to force and get into Fate. I was thinking watch UBW first, but this threads making me think otherwise.

It's frustrating, because there really isn't a proper answer.

Fate 2006 is probably the most sensible starting off point, since it tells the first route, but there are those episodes that include UBW things, and that weird HF-styled part.

Obviously the VN is probably where you should go first, but in terms of anime, yeah, the DEEN series should be your starting point still. Just don't let him watch the UBW movie.

DEEN --> Zero --> UBW --> HF (when it eventually comes out)

I still think Zero should come after anything Fate related.

I'm pretty sure he'd be better off skipping DEEN and starting with UBW series then jumping to Zero if HF isn't out by then

The UBW series really makes some really strong ties to Zero that were less prevalent in the VN (due to Zero not existing then). Ufo really wanted to push UBW as the "sequel" to the Super popular Zero.

The whole final episode was fantastic.
In general they nailed Saber's story, but failed hard at everything else, especially Shirou and trying to mix in other routes for no reason.
I still remember it fondly desu, it was a 5/10 anime but introduced a lot of people to the universe.

Watching this makes tears well up in my eyes
youtube.com/watch?v=JiOHxtgqgnM

The biggest was the Illya stuff, which mostly was a concession for not having a Fate route directly animated before it. You're supposed to care about this character because you played the Fate route, so they substituted that by reminding you she was in Zero too.

I don't know man, it's a fucking mess trying to get into this series. Production order from 2006 -> 2011 -> 2014 might be the most sensible, you're right, though I guess it all depends on how HF goes.

Not really senpai, literally the only instance of that was Iri in Illya's castle, and they had to expand her flashback somehow.

Unless you call Saber staring at Illya because "holy shit she recognizes her" (already implied in that realta nua scene in the VN), there wasn't a single other bit of original content that connects to Zero.

Or the motherfucking CG dragon. Jesus Christ, who came up with that?

Also, I agree that DEEN/Stay Night's music is the GOAT among all Nasuverse adaptations. It's a shame that such a perfect soundtrack is not in a perfect anime.

>mfw teared up in DEEN anime when Illya talks about Kiristugu with Shirou in the park
Fuck, I can't wait for Heaven's Feel.

>who came up with that?

Unfortunately, probably Nasu.

He should stick to greek mythology

>Nasu Kino

Is Nasu pure Kino?

but they completely blew ilya's heartwrenching scene. no die lorelei and no "you're strong berzerker" completely ruined the impact.

>A
>FUCKING
>PASTA

Die Lorelei is meaningless without context. It's just a public domain song otherwise.

I'm pretty sure she called Berserker strong plenty.

You're either playing dumb or you're just too much of a VN purist if you honestly think that. The scene was loaded with emotional impact, honestly more than the VN due to the prolonged flashback and how they showed us all the grueling torture that was her childhood. Also "you're strong, Berserker" was absolutely in the forest scene, the fuck are you talking about. They even ended the episode with her final thoughts, and had a special ED play.
The only way you could've thought that was "ruined" is if you're that much of an autist that you sperged out about them not using the exact same song as the VN (which is more relevant in HF anyway because you heard her sing it before).

Is that the scene where Saber htinks herm uscles are unsightly?

>herm

Oddly fitting, for Saber.

Nah, they show them kissing at nighttime with Saber in just a shirt and shit.
It's the best way to do it and really what ufotable should be going for in HF, even though they won't.

No, it's a kiss scene.

White Album 2 had a sex scene without feeling like it was gratuitous or too explicit.

Yeah but you just know modern Nasu would never allow that shit, that's completely out of the question really.
Of course everyone would prefer it for HF, but it's 99% not happening.

the music the anime used for that scene was completely lacking impact. even beyond the context that it was used as ilya's theme in game, the fact that it was a music box arrangement really set the tone for the scene. the anime soundtrack was just lacking in general. they never used the one song that played for all the kiritsugu flashbacks either.

youtube.com/watch?v=PjTixX43liw

Maybe you think so, but the dialogue and visuals alone made the scene, you're exaggerating to hell if you think they "blew it" because you didn't like the flashbacks.

Also I don't really remember if the VN used ever present feeling for every Kerry flashback, but This Illusion (piano) for the last one in episode 24 was fantastic.

*the soundtrack, not flashbacks

fuck you cant unsee

Not those guys, but I generally disagree about the music. I've done a fairly extensive project involving UBW's soundtrack, and I've come to appreciate a lot of the aspects regarding it.

Illya has a fairly solid theme, that's introduced early on in the series, and is fully developed around episodes 14-15. It doesn't directly use a music box, it's instrumentation is reminiscent of one. Melodically, it also kind of paraphrases the main theme, Shirou's theme, and I think that's kinda neat.

The one real negative I have about the show's OST is that it's unfortunately mixed very quietly in the background compared to a lot of other anime.

Fukasawa's tracks are usually god-tier. I dunno what possessed him to make such boring tracks for UBW.

I like you, UBW OST user. Doing God's work.

>That part when she mentioned she's Shirou's older sister
I'm slow so I got really surprised at that part. Zero secondaries are really missing out by not starting with FSN first.

I still think that as an adaptation of a game, failing to adapt the most memorable songs is a failing. it's like if they made a tsukihime anime and didn't include this
youtube.com/watch?v=LIleIBSm_zc

I watched Zero right after watching DEEN, and I confess I squealed like a little girl all throughout Episode 0.

UBW is I think probably Fukasawa's most complex work overall. I view it as the continuation of Mahoyo that we unfortunately never really got. A lot of it seems like a refinement of the ideas in that game.

Mahoyo's main theme lead to UBW's main theme. Aoko's theme led to Rin's theme.

The big difference though is that Mahoyo's tracks were big five minute long beasts, with usually no looping even, while UBW's more regularly came in at around the 30 second to minute long mark, which sometimes isn't long enough for people to get into a track.

To each their own.

Yeah, it's unfortunate Ever Present Feeling didn't make it into the OST, but I think the show overall had like, 10 VN tracks? Two weren't able to make it onto the official OSTs though.

youtube.com/watch?v=haO32VGpe_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hmMAgqhbe54

Tsukihime has like 9 tracks though.
And they didn't fail to adapt them? They had like 6 or 7 VN tracks, just saved most of them for ep.24.
An adaptation is just that, the characters and story getting across is the most important, you don't need to steal the music directly as long as you can get the same feel across.

There was also Illya transmuting her hair into birdos like Iri did in F/Z. That was not in the VN.

birds are very important

The most important tracks (Emiya and New Dawn) got in anyway so there's no problem.

What happens next?

Per F/Z, Rin has a bowel movement and the tree breaks in half.

Illya discovers her buried gay side and rapes Rin's defenceless anus.

>bowel movement
kek

More like she uses her super reinforced arms to rip the tree off the ground.
That is if she's fast enough to do it before Berserker gets there, in which case that doujin happens.

Hellsing TV

FMA 2003

And FSN 2006

What is it about the first adaptation that makes them have far superior music?

certain tracks are just as memorable as the characters so not including them is the same as cutting a character. I didn't expect all of them to be in the anime, but ufotable definitely left out some of the main ones.

>KAGUTSUCHI!!!

Well I guess Mai-Hime really was popular here back in the day

Not even close, man. And the only "main one" from UBW left out was ever present feeling.

Ufo used about 10, which is more than I think any other adaptation? I'm not 100% familiar with Prisma's soundtrack, so someone could easily correct me.

Fukasawa probably didn't want to retread things too much though, since he'd just done all the arrangements for the 2012 game soundtrack, but even still, stuff like Sorrow, which did make it in, was clearly based off Ever Present Feeling.

>A civil Fate thread
Nice

What is it like to have brain damage?

You gotta start the thread with older stuff, because any of the newer anime will instantly attract FGO babies.

Also no Sakura/Rin arguments, or the quality quickly plummets.

I'd fuck Shirou wearing a wig.