How do I become a real man?

It's 2017 and I'm in my mid 20's. I don't feel like society has challenged me enough. I have a bachelors degree, I work out regularly, I have no issues with women, and I'm right wing as fuck. I just feel like I haven't crossed that bridge into become a real man. When I go places and see guys that I would consider real men I feel like I don't compare to them. I don't want to give up the fortunate things I've had in life just for the sake of doing it, so I'm staying comfortable. I just can't help but feel like a bitch when I see a bricklayer or a truck driver. I feel like they could kick my ass, or they despise me for my nice clothes and higher education. I'm wondering if anyone else here feels this way, or if anyone has insight on how I could go about getting rid of this feeling and becoming a real man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HcOrDD3H91Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTsUn2eJ5To
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

vin diesel is a faggot nigger

You should start sucking dicks. Lost of dicks

It's funny you say that, I chose him because he has all the traits of a pussy hollywood actor, yet he strikes me as more of a man than I am. He carries himself in a way that I can't pull off. I've had girls tell me they would bang me before him, but that he still seems more manly than me. It shouldn't bother me but it does.

kek, i want to become a man, not be a mans cum dumpster

real answer: work with your hands. I didn't realize this myself until I was stuck fixing a stair for my family. I started chizeling some wood and it felt fantastic. Before I knew it I was doing this every day. Getting splinters in my fingers. Working sculptures out of wood. Lost tons of weight. Gained muscle mass cutting down choice trees of the wood I preferred for any particular piece or table I wanted to make. Women would notice this roughness about my art and specifically my hands. Women like men who do things with their own rough hands. My two cents.

That makes sense, but I have a bachelors and a nice job. I admire people that work with their hands, but I just don't feel like I would get a good return on investing my time into working with my hands. I would probably just end up being a halfassed carpenter that doesn't make any money. It makes more sense for me to put time into my day job. I thought about just doing landscaping for a summer or something but again, I think my time is better spent on academics and networking. I'm looking for something that would fit improve my skillset and help me network with my peers. I don't think I would get a lot out of hanging with blue collar types, although I have a lot of respect for them.

Well it's tough not to look like a faggot with that superiority/inferiority complex, yeah.

you must complete a coming of age ceremony such as this one:
>Boys in this Aborigine tribe are led of into the woods where the elders circumcise them. They then must swallow their foreskin and once they heal they are lead back out into the woods. More genital mutilation follows after which they must stand bleeding over an open fire. Only then do they become men.

I kind of realize that is a problem desu

I don't remember saying I felt insecure around aborigines, I've never encountered them desu

Tell us more wisdom, surely you have more.

What can we do to reconcile our desire for more as we grow, or maybe even how to avoid complacency as we want not for more?

by the way I wasn't implying you have to do this 'as your dayjob' you elitist prick. I have a doctorates degree and a nice job as well, but I also find time to be a real man on the side, for which I am lavished with gleaming pussy.

>real man
>posts pic of Vin Diesel

lel, I'm not swimming in pussy but I'm def not lacking. I don't give a fuck about your degree and desu I'm looking for something that's a little less boomer tier than "work with your hands" bullshit. That sounds like something my parents would tell me to justify getting to fix their shit for free, are you sure that isn't what you are doing mr phD?

btw the pussy I get doesn't ever ask me to fix shit around the house

I would suggest as a suppliment you read pre-1917 books as well. Pre-1917 because that is when the poison generally set-in in the west. I learned poetry from a free online yale course I took. I learned of Russian literature. I learned of what happened to Europe through reading of the history there. I learned of art by working as a curator at an art museum. I learned actively and acutely about the disease that is afflicting us and which may always afflict us, but through which I manage to find and forge joy.

Its does seem what a lot a women go for these days, mixed race alphas.

Go and lease a Ford F-150 user

Noted. Thanks for your input faggot.

>boomer tier

Shit man, I don't know. Join the military. You sound like a total asshole, maybe they can straighten you out?

Dress well. Take up a fighting sport once or twice a week. Join the army reserve. Study men of action. Hitler. Caesar. Napoleon. They were men who had a vision and took action. Be a man of action.

They don’t give 2shits about your clothes or education because they aren’t ass fuucking faggots like OP.

>I just can't help but feel like a bitch when I see a bricklayer or a truck driver. I feel like they could kick my ass, or they despise me for my nice clothes and higher education.
Nobody gives a shit about you. Stop being so conceited and stop worrying about this retarded stuff.

what i mean is there is a community that has an established tradition after what time they are recognized by their esteemed elders and peers as men and not boys. in our current society, if you dont have this support network, then its possible that there is no rite of passage available to you. you will never have this validation from friends and family, community. and so your jealousy is a natural consequence of this. but maybe its not their muscles, their work ethic, or whatever - it's that they have been validated by the people in their lives. but i must add that these are not strictly the same people. you could be jealous of someone who may be jealous of someone else, maybe you.

Military is a possiblity, but I already said I'm right wing as fuck. I'm not really down for fighting Israels's wars. I might look into a local militia or maybe be a volunteer firefighter though. Good suggestions really.

That does make sense. I feel like I'm accepted though based off my financial status and intellect, I'm also known as a bit of a ladies man. I don't think in my immediate circle people question my manhood. It's when I stop at a gas station and see truckers buying snacks and bullshitting or when I get my car fixed and I talk to the mechanics. I can just see a flicker of disrespect in their eyes. It's like they think I couldn't hang with them if things got rough. I don't really know if that is true too, I'd like to go through some kind of trial that would get them to look at me as an equal or really, a superior.

>and creatine

dont forget the steroid protein powder

life isnt a movie you fucking peanut brain. grow up

You have a bad attitude
Chadism is a state of mind, you just have to play the part

Walking around with work boots definitely changes peoples reaction and treatment towards you. Even full on niggers treat a twink looking motherfucker like me with respect as I buy a monster to start my morning stomping around with Ariats. How you speak, walk, and conduct yourself speaks volumes. I speak naturally with a decent vocabulary but curse every other word. Being an electrician does that. Wear some boots that aen't total dressy, get some scars on your hands, then look at people with almost uncomfortable attention. Most construction workers won't give a fuck if they get threatened. I talk shit on job sites that are typically fighting words as I work my ass off and bend 350kcmil copper wire like it's playdoh. It's an entirely different mindset that you may not acquire.

Well, firstly, believing something makes it kinda true. It's definitely false to believe you are less of a man than blue collar guys. I'm as far right wing as they come but I'm also somewhat of a hippie. I have also worked blue collar jobs and spent plenty of time with blue collar people. I can tell you first hand that blue collar ppl will respect you far more for owning who you are than trying to be someone you are not. Stop thinking for these people. For all you know, the cigarette smoking concrete guy you pass on your way to work is a bitchin salsa dancer and owns the fuck out of it. BUT if you do want to make improvements IMO the three most important things are God, social dynamics and the superficial stuff. To learn everything you need to know about god, self enquiry by sri ramana maharshi is all you need to know. Basically nothing we experience is either good or bad, only our mind assigns good or bad with thoughts. When the mind deeply understands this, all self motivation is lost and you are free to give yourself as much as you choose to. Selflessness is by far the most defining characteristic a man can have IMO. Social dynamics is essential too. There's a difference between not having problems with women and being a social wizard. We all do things to improve ourselves everyday, why not improve in the most important skill? (youtube is a great resource, rsd, ministry of attraction) And finally the superficial stuff. Be clean, thin, muscular, have decent quality essential possessions not too far beyond your means. Pick a skill (preferably one that could never become obsolete- I dance) that you can see yourself really being passionate about. It's a huge deep desire of mine to dance all day everyday so improving myself in that skill is not work for me.

I actually have almost all of that, the thing lacking would be automatic respect from blue collar workers. The rest of it is pretty much how I lead my life already, minus the reading. I will check that book out when I get time though.

I get what you are saying, it sounds like you have found your way. I've already said I think investing my time and energy into blue collar work would be a waste though. Can I ask you who you have met that was of my social status that you respected like your fellow coworkers? Was there ever a guy like me you ran into that basically would make the cut in your work environment?

I don't care if I have a bad attitude, I get by fine

>I just can't help but feel like a bitch when I see a bricklayer or a truck driver.
Because you are a bitch.

>I feel like they could kick my ass, or they despise me for my nice clothes and higher education.
You sound like a woman. Let me guess. Raised by single mom? Women worry about little things a lot. Just like you do. Stop stressing out over things you can not change. Like someone being able to kick your ass. So what? Everyone has someone who can fuck them up. Your nice clothes? The fuck buying 'nice' clothes for? You worry about your appearance like a bitch.

A psychologist should help but this whole psychology type of thing is for women. Damn you are a bitch aint you.

Try hypnotherapy I don't know.

the main difference between a boy and a man I find is all in the attitude
>you're a man when your brain leads the way and not your emotions
>you're a man when you can get what you need through your own work and merit instead of through nagging, whining and bitching
>you're a man when you stop yielding to women (because your penis told you too) and instead show leadership by reminding them that you're the boss of your own life
etc

join the infantry.

>Raised by single mom?
no, i come from an upper class family, you are wrong

i meet all those traits though, what i'm saying is how to i bridge that gap and be a man by blue and white collar standards....

It’s 2017. Real men fawn over inequality, feminism, and being cucked by foreigners. You’re doing all wrong

Also, you’re real problem is that you’re insecure. If you’re actually comparing yourself to other men .... then that’s your first major issue

>leshillface.png

i was the same way, and got validation by those means too. but it was a downward spiral. every achievement's satisfaction was short-lived. every disappointment was crushing. and i sacrificed more and more because i thought i just needed to put more work into it. but that made me more focused on myself, selfish, mean. then the people around me, well they were like me so they didnt say anything. i was living in jew york. thats where this path led me. i knew i had to get out, i collapsed under the pressure of it all.
i'd say return to your roots. spend time with your folks if you arent. if you were raised with a religion, study it and go to a local church regularly and get to know them because they want to help you with this (even if you dont believe in god). put your aspirations on hold and spend time with older folks. community exists, you just need to choose to spend time there instead of fukin bitches and gettin paid. remember your character is written on your face. after a while of devoting your time to improving your character, people will notice. you'll be more considerate of others and easier on yourself. you'll appreciate the little things you didnt have time for because you were trying to speed ahead of everybody

if you don't care about your attitude then you're never getting past this. If you can't feel confident in your self you will never be good enough

>no, i come from an upper class family, you are wrong
You know, I'm wrong on calling out single mom way too much these days. I guess cuck fathers don't count either.

I talk to office guys all the time that are brash and brazen giving me recommendations about beer and whiskey. Talking about the conditions of the economy, how shit is fucked up, just being upfront about everything. You don't need to change careers, you just need to be in a more male dominated headspace rather than a cuckolded office space. Many limpwristed office people let the office define them, you can't let it define you. I am not just a guy who pulls wire, my father was a police officer for thirty years, I have played guitar for 12 years, I have done some shit that blah blah etc. etc. gone down to the nitty gritty. Talk about conflict/resolve, conviction, and history. Things that matter and paints at least a partial picture into who you are.

By not kikeposting.
Become a vegan.

>automatic respect from blue collar workers
Pretty much the only thing that can get you this is to look, talk and work the part. But my 2 cents... a male who judges others based on how they look, talk and what they do for work is a boy not a man. So from a certain perspective you're seeking validation from small minded individuals.

To add onto this: say what you mean, mean what you say. I say this to guys much older guys all the time and there isn't much of a good response to it when shittalking.
There is a difference between those who do the hard work and those who are just talk and show. Easy to pick apart with a few questions.

what gap?
what standards are you referring to? the hollywoodian ones? I think this might be your problem, what you think makes a man is not what actually makes a man
as I've said, a man is someone who has outgrown the boy
there are a lot of guys out there who may match the "man standards" you think of in terms of looks but yet they still have a boy like mentality (emotions over reason/hedonism/no sense of responsibility) these are man children, not man

if I'm wrong then please describe what you think makes a man so that I might answer you properly

you are a fucking faggot from what i read in your posts . you proably browse r/t_d as well

Praise tengri you buttwrecked the low-t burger

You have IFS, my friend.

You shouldn't knock it till you try it. Cum (especially a real man's) if full of real man testosterone. I think that's what you're missing.

You want to become a real man? Ok ill tell you how to go about it:
1. Clean your room.
2. Fight the dragon.
The end.

Its a thing you get from your father.
Its his job to teach you to be a real man.

There are a few books, christian books for truth, but they have what you want

Sire and be responsible for raising children. You will become a man.

I'm good in my community though, that's the thing. It's just an upper crust community that tends to look down on people that do manual labor. They don't really seem to care too much how manly I am either as long as I'm contributing financially and keeping the name clean. i'm just starting to feel the urge to prove myself, and I don't know who it would be to. My community would laugh if I had this conversation with them. They would tell me to relax and just buy a sports car or something.

fuck you too

what is ifs?

I'm not too sure what makes a man these days. I just feel inadequate when I see guys that seem more in touch wirth their male persona than I am. I want to own a part of that maliness and I don't really know how to go about it.

I just get bullshit answers like work with your hands, read some shitty book, go talk to your community, blah blah blah, the guys I see that look like badass men don't look like the type to do that shit.

Get full-blown "suck some dicks to get your fix" addicted to an opiate and then muster the raw, primal willpower it takes to pull yourself completely out of the hole. It's the only way to truly find your manhood in modern society.

You're soft and useless and you know it. Good. Do the hardest, best thing you can think of, and do that for as long as you can stand. Then rest. Then repeat. Don't tyrannize yourself or you'll become a bigger bitch. "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life" - God to Adam Genesis 3:18

>psychologist
the logical jew

If you don't have a wife and child you can literally never be a real man.

Pick up a hobby that involves making shit with your hands, maybe? Woodworking, metalworking, go out innawoods on the weekends and make random shit from scratch like you're a man fresh out of the cave in 6k BC, stuff like that.

Lurk on /out/ and /diy/ youll figure it out

Jokes aside theres a number of things to do that will give you that manly feeling.
>camping. Learn how to start a fire, cook your own food, build a quick shelter.
>read history, famous scholars, ancient Greece-Rome-1920's Germany, etc.
>wear clothing that SPEAKS male. Button up shirts, black socks, high end shoes, basically spend a ton of cash on clothing.
>speaking of cash spending, now spend money on your body. Whether its tats, gym, massage, etc. (i try all of the above).
>learn to speak truthfully and without "um". Very difficult imo.
>start creating things. Either wooden things, technological things, etc. the internet allows us to learn and gain information at the touch of a finger. Use it.

HAHA your fucked
but seriously just get poor

>waaaaah, I'm not a man!
>thanks for your solicited advice but shove it up your ass

Jesus, dude. You can't figure out why you're not manly? Try showing people a little fuckin respect in your everyday, much less when someone is trying to help you out. There's nothing boomer tier with honest to god work. If anything thats fuckin anti-boomer. There's was the generation that fucked that whole idea up in the first place.

You want to be respected like a man? You reap what you sow, faggot.

What’s do you think a real man is OP? I really wanna know.

That will be 29.99

more boomer bullshit

I want to get the crazy man shit out the way while I'm still single though, I'm worried if I get married I'll still have that feeling and I'll wreck my marriage trying to prove myself

i'm speaking my mind, isn't that a start? maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive, shitty advice is going to get a shitty response

how are so many rule breaking posts getting into pol?

it's mostly posts about dicks but now this

Watch this, OP.

You are not alone, but at least you are aware.

youtube.com/watch?v=HcOrDD3H91Q

To restore power to schools while doing work that is not only physically, but also intellectually stimulating is quite rewarding to the psyche of a man. Staring at graphs and spreadsheets is inherently worthless to fulfillment, unless you are Jewish. Doing something that matters to the community is great. It still has to matter to you though.

Your problem is that you need to become rougher. Do some rough shit. Practice a combat sport at a gym where people don't fuck around, go hunting and field dress your deer, get a drift car and do some cool shit on a course (you can get a decent rwd car for pretty cheap at auction and with a little knowhow and a spare grand you can get it ready), go to a gun club and do some combat drills. Do stuff that gets the adrenalin going so that regular life feels complely in your controll. That confidence will appear in your posture and around the eyes.

>combat sport
THIS

Wtf is wrong with pol today? Fuck this website now

That blue collar swagger come from going through a lot of shit and coming out triumphant. Basically you are a coddled woman but worse, a good little boy who always did what hes supposes to do. Even working out you are just doing what you have been told, as an attempt to mimic masculinity.

There is so much shitposts from dumb children.

You cant get it from a woman nor by being a dad.

It is something you get from your father, he have to bring you in the manhood, a ritual, most dads goes camping, or have projects with their son.
The son shows that he can bring it, and the father have to confess it.

The next higher father is just the godfather who can teach you to be a man

There are a few books who helped me,

this OP is basically here to show off to the plebs that he's a trust fund baby i.e. a garbage person that serves no purpose other than to lord over people whose children his children will be soon joining, due to shit attitude and hubris

It’s all about how you perceive other men and yourself. There are manly manual workers who have mental breakdowns when their woman leaves them etc. You’re not really talking about what it takes to be a “man” intrinsically, it’s just about the superficial masculinity your hooked into.
>hipsters can grow thicker beards than most men

we are going to turn op into a serial killer

you are fixated on aesthetics of manliness. beards, flannel, rough hands, etc. Go to the core. Why rough hands? work. Why work? to provide for your family. Why flannel? working outside in the cold. Why train martial arts? to protect. etc.

These deeper functions - protection, provision, leadership - are the meaning of manhood. The trappings are irrelevant.

Is this the cop from the hotel video?

this seems pretty relevant to be honest. i do feel like drinking and having a lot of sex is masuline though.

i like this advice, any martial arts you would recommend? i've thought about boxing or japanese swordfighting but i don't think they would have any gyms nearby. I also like the idea of a drift car, not big on killing innocent animals that are defenseless though.

wow, we have some sensitive blue collar workers here. look, i respect the people that work with their hands, i just wasn't born into that life. i'm looking to be a fake redneck, it's just not in me.

Its not wrong if you dont get caught.

As long as he targets niggers or mudslimes exclusively, I'm cool with it.

There's a time when keeping your mouth shut and your ears wide-open is a better thing to do than speaking your mind. When you're asking for advice is one of those times. Especially when your faggy presuppositions are liable to make you sound like a know-it-all punk. Why ask for advice if you already have all of the answers?

Jordan Peterson has some good advice. Go do a challenging thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTsUn2eJ5To

I've been thinking of joining the military in order to purge my manchildness

#1 Stop giving a shit. Women don't fuck insecure pussies.
#2 What that guy said was right, do something physical if you feel you need to. Fix your own car, go on a hike, lift weights, grow hair on your chest, etc. If you want a physical job where you get paid less, then do that.
#3 Why do you care if you're fucking man enough or not? If you didn't care, you wouldn't have this problem, would you? The fact that you do care means you're beta as fuck and probablly a bugman soyboy.

Oh really. And who is it that you are, exactly? You trade shares and speculate on the (((Stock market)))? You some kind of doctor that saves lives or anything positive? You don't get respect ex nihilo. You kidding me? This is /pol.

Philip Brailsford checking in.

If you just want to look like a man you should have said.

sadly in that case you're probably worse off. not much you can do if you're ugly and have an unmasculine physique.

>i do feel like drinking and having a lot of sex is masculine

Not ready yet

>i do feel like drinking and having a lot of sex is masuline though.

This is what a female to male trans would say

That would be living life to your own discretion and playing by your own rules. Absolute callousness. This attitude causes a reaction in women that goes back to cavemen days.
> i'm looking to be a fake redneck, it's just not in me.
Working with your hands is not exclusive to rednecks. Now you are starting to piss me off. I had everything going against me joining the trade as a long haired California kid, but I took my own and solidified my position. Respect is earned.

OP thinks he can get to a point beyond self doubt. Being a real man is to experience self doubt and doing it anyway

>btw the pussy I get doesn't ever ask me to fix shit around the house

Because they know you are incapable. They really are only with you for the money/status.

Marry.
You haven't yet.

nah, fuck you

you gave shitty advice boomers give which is basically just a con to get young guys to do work for them....go mow my lawn....go cut down that tree.....

lol, sure that will make me a man, sure

he doesn't look like the type of guy i'm talking about, he might have the same issue as i do. could you see that guy goign into a biker bar and not getting laughed out?

i get money, women, and i get what i want...that's the life i lead. my job is profitable, that's all you need to know, and if i was a failure (which i'm not) my family would pay for my shit anyway so i never had to give 2 fucks what shitposters like you think. i started this thread for my own personal benefit because i like to better myself, sorry if you are giving shitty advice and i'm calling you out on it

>I had everything going against me joining the trade as a long haired California kid,
I fucking knew it, i could smell the boomer hippy on you a mile away

More establishment faggot shilling this gay alpha faggot shit, this time making a fake attempt to try making it more "relatable" or such to general audience by gearing it towards professions like truck driving and brick laying,( the same professions they call peasant shit regularly) while so posting some stupid muh big guy faggot to include the standard shill faggot muh alpha fag ideology

Go die dumb faggot shill

>I fucking knew it, i could smell the boomer hippy on you a mile away
I am younger than you for sure at 23, promptly fuck yourself.

You are a pansy insecure narcisist. Thats why they are better than you. You reek of it, your body language broadcasts it. You are a typical coddled faggot.

Your a Jew, amirite?
>questiones own male identity
>has money

>this seems pretty relevant to be honest.

Manhood means:
- Sacrifice
- Self-denial
- Leadership
- Discipline
- Pain
- Suffering
all done for the sake of transforming the world for the better. Like your grandfathers, and their grandfathers.

Truthfully, you will feel like a man when you have suffered. There are no shortcuts.

>I don't care if I have a bad attitude
what the fuck? then what is this crybaby thread? you fucking pussy