Need help with an essay. First place I though of going. What are the political foundations of a free society?

Need help with an essay. First place I though of going. What are the political foundations of a free society?

Other urls found in this thread:

edubirdie.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=t_lP13mvE7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In what context?

Individualism and God given rights plus complete lack of institutional barriers.

edubirdie.com/

>God given rights
lmao.

Let me rephrase that for you and your retarded country men. RIGHTS ARE INHERENT IN THE INDIVIDUAL.

a philosopher king drawn from the ranks of the soldiers, devout in his worship of the Lord and just in his treatment of the lesser folk.

Your not free leaf we are

Are you the user that recommended the Meditation book on Marcus Aurelius to me?

dumb leaf poster

No kikes.

as in the basic political foundations of a free capitalistic society.

Ok kids. What is a god given right?

Guns

>tfw 250 word assay due in janurary 2018 and haven't even started

US Constitution + ethnonationalism, as the Founders intended.

>working on an essay
>in mid-december
Are you a high school fag, or just a really bad procrastinator? Fucking hell. My semester ends this week.

A right that God gives you. What are you, tarded?

It's an antiquated way of speaking, Leaf. It refers to rights that are inherent in the individual. In other words, inalienable rights.

Read the bill of rights
They limit the government they do not grant us rights.
The rights are ours without the permission of government

really bad procrastinator. mine ends tomorrow.

Currency and private property.

no.

>250 word
That's going to take up part of your afternoon you'd usually spent shitposting and vidya.

250 isn't an essay, it's a tweet.

>What are the political foundations of a free society
A central authority. Everything else is irrelevant.

This is essential. It is the foundation of capitalism along with free market principles(tm)

>What are the political foundations of a free society?
anarchism, really.
not saying thats a good thing, but anarchism.

It's 60% of my mark. Every word counts, literally.

>tfw 250 word assay due in janurary 2018 and haven't even started
welcome to high school, kid.
I regularly do 20+ pages for larger assignments.

No niggers.

Well fuck, I'm sorry to hear that. I can be the same way... I ended up typing a 3000-word-long research paper over the course of just a few days, right before it was due... it was the first research paper I've ever done, too. Not fun.
>250 word assay
>due next month
Come on now, that's not so bad.

and no jews

Racial homogeneity and a common identity based on blood and soil.

Anglo-Foundations stem from the Magna Carta and are Life, Property, and Liberty

Natually... Also, checked.

the absolute state of education in canadia. what's the essay prompt?

>taking the obvious bait

>inalienable rights
I know what you means,I wasn't trying to fedora you, I think "natural rights" are just as arbitrary as any other.

An actual 'free' society is probably one in anarchy

But in liberal terms, elected legislatures and offices, constitutions, courts etc.

Not really a difficult question if you approach it as a liberal/conservative/libertarian but if you want full freedom, that only really exists in anarchy

just keep typing 'black lives matters' over and over again.

Freedom of movement, freedom of association, freedom of trade and freedom of dying.

The rest have nothing to do with capitalism.

>what's the essay prompt?
How am I supposed to know? I haven't even started on my thesis yet. My last essay was 180 words and on the rise of anti-intellectualism as a social pastime, but I got marked down for supposedly being a pseud.

>180 words
that essay was anti-intellectual

you know you're gonna get raped by a moose, right?

Private property and individual liberty/responsibility.

>180 words
>essay
That's maybe one paragraph how can that be considered an essay

The four pillars of highly successful societies are:

> Borders
> Genetic infrastructure
> Freedom
> Aesthetics

"freedom" doesn't exist

Anarcho-capitalism. Look into Murray Rothbard, David Friedman, etc.

I was suspicious, lol. Of course they are arbitrary. We are talking about the foundations of a society. Literally everything is a social construct and all is subjective until backed by force. But "natural rights" are the foundation of the most free societies(perhaps less so now) and successful societies that humanity has ever produced, so there is quite a strong case for these values.

youtube.com/watch?v=t_lP13mvE7Q

How long is the essay, it changes my answer

The US was founded on the concept of independent farmers. The US was never (and still isn't) an urban nation. We are very rural.

The concept of people leaving each other alone is always popular amongst the rural.

Natural rights are a term for the maximum freedom individuals can have equally across a society. It's not as arbitrary as other "rights".

Guns

This is what I would have written on that 250 word "essay" if I had to write it. But with more substance and evidence obviously.

The main question in the essay is What are the moral, political and economic foundations of a free society? and I already have the moral and economic. The essay is about 2000 words so I need to write about 500 words or so about the political foundations.

there has only ever been one such society

the foundation is the US Constitution and Bill of Rights
unfortunately they have been horrifically subverted in recent decades

At the most free we have Laissez-Faire capitalism where companies are allowed to incorporate, attract investment, sell products, hire workers, and promote their own business without any sort of government intervention. About 100 years of that and we started making changes, now nearly everything is regulated.

And yet here you are, posting 4-word posts on Sup Forums. Reminder that if you don't attempt to discourse thoroughly and verbosely at all times, both in text and in speech, you're low IQ. When I have conversations in real life with people, I don't stop spewing rhetoric until the opponent (and everyone is an opponent to be taken down) has excused themselves and ran away. When people see my in my workplace, they turn straight around and flee, undoubtedly afraid of my intellectual prowess. Friends? Long gone, the couldn't hold their own against me.

lol i have an original research paper i authored that actually paid me money.

> Need help with an essay.
Post essay prompt with timestamp if you're not a fucking shill.

Waiting for timestamp proof.

What did you say about the moral and economic, briefly. I don't want to give an answer that doesn't fit into the picture you're painting

Good for you. I once got a B+ on a poem I plagiarized.

A homogeneous demographic.

In a free society there can be either a pure “mob mentality” democracy or what we have which is a representative democracy. We elect people by majority vote to make decisions for our state and local governments.

A constitution or social contract that restricts the government. Even that doesn't last forever as we see the loopholes the supreme court and president obongo use to do what they want anyways.

do your own homework you lazy piece of shit

In a free society, there is no role for government, really, is there?

I need to make a presentation about the Federal Reserve. Any ideas for nice redpills to drop on the class?

For morality I talked about responsibility and self-determination.
for economic Laissez Faire

Excuse me, my good sir, but I do believe we are in fact a Representative REPUBLIC.

We are a constitutional republic of democratically elected representatives.

cool ego leaf tell us moar about social anarchy. do you use wet wipes or two-ply?

You tell that teaching lady to fuck off an write her own damned paper.

Fucking do your own homework and/or take this shitty bant meme back to bant

No Jews.

So, in other words, a Representative Republic.

Well, both your moral and economic policies involve the a consensus being reached by various actors following their own interests.

John Locke makes a lot of good arguments for what common interests people share, and that governments ought to protect those common interests. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Property. So in a society which seeks to maximize freedom, and in which various interests are competing, the government ought to protect those interests which are common.

You could further argue that a democracy allows interests to compete in a market-like fashion; instead of reaching a price equilibrium they reach a consensus on a particular candidate, and that this candidate protects those interests which are common by default.

I told you nigger, independent farmers. People in the colonies starved when they had communism. Every contributes to the food supply, and everyone can take what they want from the food supply. People starved in mutliple colonies, and Jamestown suffered a case of cannibalism.

Our fucking country was founded on the concept of independent farmers leaving each other alone, because that's what we were mostly composed of.

A people that cannot be corrupted by their seven deadly vices, that instead embody the seven virtues.

In the same way attempting to build a beautiful house on top of a poor foundation will always lead to abject failure, a nation can never reach a state of absolute freedom and liberty for it's people without the presence of a sturdy political foundation supporting it. The foundation for all free societies are often depicted as pillars of strength encompassing the most important aspects of life for the citizens of the land; all free persons have the right to burger, Walmart, and random death by incompetent police officers, or citizens, or non-citizens.

>if you want full freedom, that only really exists in anarchy

If you define freedom as lack of government restrictions, sure. But if you define freedom as maximum choices available to you, it is far more complex. A person living in a world where murder is illegal is free to do many things that someone living in """total freedom""" cannot.

AHMEN

Kek.

Thanks guys, helped a lot. If I fail Ill an hero ig.

Not your personal army. Sorry kid.
But I'll give you a place to jump off of; basic rights for citizens.

A free society needs both institutional and civil counterpowers to the power
of the ruling class . Muh magna carta, muh constitution, muh independant press .

Personally Id add an army and a patriotic sentiment but that's not what your teacher wants to read I guess.