Did anything really change in the end?

Did anything really change in the end?

All of humanity got turned to LCL are you fucking stupid?

Are you two roleplaying as Shinji and Asuka? Or is this a serious question?

>leave a boy and a girl to repopulate humanity
>boy is gay

Wait a minute
I thought everyone rematerialised

We saw two people do it.

Wasn't it stated that anyone can do it?

It was serious
Why wouldn't it be serious?

Ya Shinji decided to give everyone the choice.

shinji needs some shorter pants, or at least hemmed pants. christ.

Anybody who can remember themself, a wreck like Asuka pulled her mind back together and made it out. They could still not bother.

He'll have to do it, for the sake of humanity.

If your idea of "nothing changes" includes crucifiction, sexual asphixiation, political intrigue and out of body experiences, I am going to have to ask you several questions. Starting with your contact info.

"Shinji get in the girl"

Let's just jump over that part.
What are the other "several questions"?

Do you see instrumentality as nirvana or as a place of suffering?
Do you believe a short exposure to it can be benefitial and character forming?
Do you see the two survivors as the last humans or the first humans?
Related to the last question, do you see the events of the show as a dream or simulation that formed the characters' personalities, or as events that really took place?

Let's see!
Instrumentality is supposed to be nirvana but since humans can't achieve perfection,they can't accept it.(Like when something is going too well you can sense that it's just too good to be true)
So it becomes hell for those who realize the flaws of perfection
Every experience is beneficial to a person.At least that is what I believe.
Tricky question
They can't be the first,there were humans before them,they can't be the last either.
I think it's sort of half real half dream.
The mind segments are dreams and the action segments are real.
Dreams often make you see past events,even small ones.If your mind wants to confront it,it will dream about it.

That said,watching this was a mistake.

One of the early endings depicted Shinji alone on the beach with a severed arm, understanding that humanity won't come back, but still deciding to continue on living. But later Anno added Asuka, so I don't know why people insist on people coming back. But whatever.

>so I don't know why people insist on people coming back.
It's literally stated in the fucking film that anyone can come back

This honestly.
And evern if a fraction of a percentage of humanity decides to come back,that is still an enormous number.
Just think about it. 6 Billion people in 1997!
A percent of that is 60 million.

Those are all interesting and valid answers. You said every experience is beneficial. Why do you think watching Eva was a mistake?

>6 Billion people in 1997!
The world of NGE problem doesn't have that much poeople, but I get your point.

Actually it's debatable if you actually need to be alive at the moment of EoE to get into Instrumentality.

See: Kaji and Misato

I had a perfect mental ballance before watching it.
I'm not sure anymore.
Losing the positive vibes.

Jesus Christ that would be a depressing ending.

I'm not entirely sure when Kaji died in the series but in some religions your soul lingers around your body before going away.
Or as in Hinduism/Buddhism it's constantly on Earth,looking for a space to be reborn.(But I'm no expert when it comes to these religions)

You'll probably want to spend some time alone and have lots of sleep. Don't dream.

Remember that soul in the universe and context of evangelion is more than just a religious thing, it's basically the ego and can be manipulated using technology.

Not dreaming is not an option user.
I have been practicing lucid dreaming.

And I don't want to be alone.

Well, Shinji gets upset that everyone is dead and resets the world, then Rebuilds happen.

I stopped meditating because of Eva, and haven't developed lucid dreaming past the basics, for the same reason.
It may be my favorite anime, but I don't want to see anything from Eva in perfect detail. More importantly, I don't want to touch or smell anything that came from Eva. Things man was not meant to know.

Aren't you a bit paranoid?
Or have you just recently watched it too?

It's not like anything really bad can happen to you in a dream.
The worst things were so fare:
>The dream where giant robots bombed my home
>Waking up as I was laying sideways on my bed and the blaket which is usually on the right side is perfectly folded on the left side of the bed

I'm like 70% sure it was abandoned for the accidental implication that it was flat impossible for anybody but Shinji to return. The ambiguity's important, that people are able to return but it still ends waiting on a lonely beach.

Is this therapy session?

Both.
I've been to the city dozens of times. I've never dreamed of the real Tokyo, but I've been to so many places in Tokyo-3, and I can describe each of them down to the details. The stairwell, the labs and workshops, the clinial corridors full of stripes and guidelines, and the white, gleaming city rising above them.
I have no idea why I'm writing this, but this one time, Asuka showed me a scar in the inner side of her left thigh. She said that this was how I was going to recognise her, next time we meet. Unsettling.

This is almost as bad a forced meme as toilet-Rei.

What if someone is pretty sure who they are, but are wrong, and re-materialize out of the LCL as someone else?

Cool
I only go to bookshops in my dreams
And when I dream of a good price,it usually comes back in real life to me.

Any tips on LD?
I'm doing the reality checks and I also try writing a dream journal but what else can be done?

Everyone is everyone there.

>implying Shinji wasnt a faggot

what if someone does it on purpose?

False ego won't work, as far as i understand the show. Shinji woke up several times and shed several layers of guilt and self-deception before he was willing (or allowed) to be reborn. It's a very Buddhist moment in both the show and the movie.

>all the traps come back as 10/10 girls

If I wanted to be a meme spouting faggot,I would write:
>Jerks off to girls
>Gay

But since I'm sure I'm not a meme spouting faggot I will say that he was just willing to go down on that path to achieve the state what he percieved as happiness.

This, But considering evangelion's universe it's a surprise anyone was capable of doing it considering every last character has something wrong with themselves.

Yeah, but that really implies something physical like your genetic information is something imprinted upon your soul, and carried by it.

Like, what's stopping Shinji from being Shinji mind and soul, but with a more handsome body?

They would probably die considering your soul only knows how to operate the one body. Good example is like from Parasyte, remember that one that couldn't control anything besides female bodies and had his male body shitting itself, so it eventually had to run back to a female body. Or it could be like Alphonse from FMA where the body eventually rejects the soul because they aren't compatible.

I can't really give you any real tips. Remove any distractions 2 hours before sleep. And if you ever find yourself in complete control over your actions, use the opportunity to grow wings. You will never forget it if you do.

What he looks like is a part of who he is.
But you could argue that a burn victim might come back in his/her pre-accident self

Human souls transplanted into angel bodies and angels transplanted human feature prominently, they got it to a science in Eva. But you could still make a case for it causing insanity.

Ain't nothing faggy or gay about wanting to suck angel dick

I think I will start writing notes.
This fucking deserves it.
At leats judging by the thread.
Wring about details that shouldn't even matter/be possible to consider

Oooo, that sounds like it should have happened more often in the show. I would have liked one day for Shinji to wake up with his body now being the robot.

You don't have to get in the robot anymore Shinji, because you are the EVA now forever.

The devil is always in the details, user. All the important things are between the lines.

Isn't this exactly why unit zero tried to kill itself and/or Ritsuko any time it was switched on?

So what's the deal with Rebuild?
Is this an AU, or a continuation of EoE?
Are the obvious similar set-pieces red herrings or not?
Is Shinji THE Shinji?
What happened after EoE?
Will any of this bullshit be explained in the last movie?
I just want off this ride.

>he doesn't believe in the sequel theory

Unit 01 already had a soul

When it comes to this kind of thing,yes,but think about 99% of other media.
Most have a straightforward plot,with barely any details.(Details compared to Eva)
You don't need a companion/discussion group to watch Star Wars.
No need for such things to read a YA novel.

But you will probably need one for Ulysses,one for Inception or any movie/book/anime that deal with nonconventional storytelling.
Please correct me if I said something stupid.

I thought it was because the thing lacked any human soul to really control it. Wasn't one of the Rei's the soul used to control the thing, which were already unstable to begin with?

It all came to nothing

Don't.
Speculating about 00's soul always ends up evolving into some EvaGeek-tier theory-spinning.

AU, kinda. It's what would happen if the Third Impact was stopped halfway and wasn't able to continue without Shinji for some odd number of years.

It's a sequel, Shinij restarts the world after EoE because he wasn't happy

I heard all these memes before jumping into it like
>X best girl
>Whiny bitch

But none of them were true.
Did these people even watch the series?

Any time it became conscious of itself at least. Wanting to pulp everybody responsible and pull its head off like a Robocop 2 prototype just makes sense, but I'm not sure it explains the attempt it made on Shinji's brain.

Please tell me I don't have to torture myself more to get it.
I don't want to watch the rebuilds.
I have suffered enough

It's extremism it happens to every anime/media.
Not to mention in comparison to other Mecha anime it does seem a bit lack luster, but that's because it's trying to shit all over the genre itself by being somewhat realistic.

It really is postmodern then

I'm still looking for that one thing that has the same vibe as Eva. There are a lot of things that are more complex, but none of them have the same vibe. Maybe it really is the only thing of its kind.
Like you said, most "art" is simply entertainment and nothing more.

At the end of EoE where everything is fucked up, and it's only him and Asuka, where do the sequels come in? Does the world just automatically reset after the third impact? If that were the case, would the ending scene in EoE be kinda unnecessary since it should reset rather than just keep going? Or is it yet another deviation from the whole "reset" thing?

They aren't that bad.
The first one is a reasonably faithful remastering of the first few episodes.
The second one deviates a lot, and is really its own thing. But it's still very Eva. It's pretty great.
The third one is completely off the rails. It's like waiting in line for the bathroom for an hour just to shit your pants the moment you finally open the door. Great if you're into that sort of thing.
Projected with the trend, I cannot even begin to imagine the fourth one.

Don't watch the Rebuilds. They are a waste of time and you will just feel bad after them.

>I'm still looking for that one thing that has the same vibe as Eva
I have no intention of seeing something similar ever again.God help me avoid finding similar things.
It's just too much for me.
You can call me a pussy for letting a japanese cartoon about 15 year olds fighting in robots intimidate my mind and my worldview,but I don't care.

I don't think it resets. I think the rebuilds just start from scratch again and go a more "optimistic" route instead.

Have you watched The Second Renaissance from the Animatrix collection?

That's not a sequel, then.

kill yourself you roleplaying autist

I'm not planning to do such thing.

So the rebuilds aren't sequels then? I guess if it's not a sequel it's the events that happen if 3rd impact started but stop midway somehow? Confused desu

Just think of it like an alternate universe. Japan does this kind of thing pretty often when they just want to reuse the setting and characters without shitting on the original product.

Nah, EoE is never referenced again. In the rebuild timeline they didn't get far enough into the plot to have instrumentality happen yet, so the half-impact only damaged the Earth more.

Which Rei is best Rei?

Wouldn't the story look something like this if they were sequels?

How do I interpret this doodle?

Yes, it's good but it's not the same.
Don't get this the wrong way. I'm glad you got the show, even though you didn't enjoy it.

I see it like this now

Story goes clockwise,
First comes the black circle with the blue line,then from the same starting point starts the Rebuild which follows a similar story but still deviates.

I enjoyed it.
It's just that it made me sad and confused and tortured me a bit in a pschichological

Think you've had one microwaved banana too many today, user.

What was the first impact?

Close, but missing third impact that changed Rebuild into new timeline and then there was the almost fourth impact.

There's no branch between the show and EoE.
The last bits of the show happen during the movie.

Second Impact is markedly different in Rebuild compared to the original series, so a loop like that doesn't work.

That works, but EoE is the same ending as the TV show, just it adds more.

Beginning of life when Lillith and Adam came down from space. It's referenced in Rebuild that one impact destroys planet but two together creates life.

Me knocking up your mom.

Why is Shinji so good at impacts?
It's like he has an innate talent at ending the world.

You mean you wouldn't try to perfect the world over and over again?

Well, the third one happened while he was trying to save Rei. The fourth one wasn't his problem though, Kaworou( however you spell his name) said they could fix the world with a fourth one if they used the two spears Adam and Lilith came down with.

>94 replies
>22 posters

Don't you nerds have anything better to do on a Sunday?

Do you?

No.
What are you gonna do about it?