Why do the Angels have such a retarded design?

Why do the Angels have such a retarded design?
litterally looks like some Mesopotamian Pottery imagery

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_angelology
youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wow so good design

>2deep4u

That's just how biblical angels look.
Google it.

what should they look like?

OP was probably expecting to get a seizure from seeing the Angel designs, and was disappointed when his brain still worked.

winged guy?
I mean most of the times they don't even have limbs

Best girl.

that's not how angels originally looked like though

boring

acceptable

>knee blushes
Nice

they don't have a retarded design, it's just you who's a narrow-minded pleb

Sachiel, Adam and Lilith's designs are god tier
And probably Leliel's too

How come Shinji never banged her?
was it autism?

sometimes less is more.

because he knew it's not a good thing to put your dick in crazy

>winged guy?

way to take 'angel' literally

Why did the angels want to kill humanity anyway, and why didn't they do it when humans only had swords and that kind of stuff?

>Why did the angels want to kill humanity anyway
Killing humanity was incidental. They just wanted to reclaim their rightful place as the main occupants of earth.

>why didn't they do it when humans only had swords and that kind of stuff?
Because they only woke up after Second Impact, with the contact experiment conducted by humans in 2000.

because they just got awakened idk

only low tier fuccboi angels look like that

>I mean most of the times they don't even have limbs

Basically the Angels are a life seeding project by aliens. They imbued one type with their physical attributes (the Angels we see) and one with their mental attributes (the children of Lillith, humanity). They did this because any species which had both from the beginning would probably destroy itself before it was sufficiently evolved. Each type of spore was programmed to wipe out the other if it came into contact too early for the same reason.

>Adam lands
>Gets frozen and can't see the planet
>Lillith lands
>Humanity happens
>Humanity digs up Adam
>Adam obeys it programming and tries to wipe out the opposing type of spore

FAX my nigga

Fucking Ritsuko installing avast in MAGI

They usually didn't look like winged guys unless they specifically felt like not spooking the humans, their default forms that they used while still in heaven were crazier.
There's a reason that angels had to tell the humans to "Fear Not" in the bible.

Why'd they wake up after second impact? If they were on other planets, how would they have know where Earth was (or even be affected by the second impact in the first place)?

They were on Earth, not other planets. They woke up because Adam woke up, signalling them to come join with him and wipe out the Lilith based life so that Adam based life could thrive instead.

Leliel is one of my favorites. The concept of a 4D entity with a 3D projection was interesting.

you're dumb and a drag on the human race, pls remove yourself from the gene pool.

>remove yourself from the gene pool.
Do you have any idea where you are?
What do you think is the likelihood of any of us procreating?

angels only took crazy forms in ancient Judaism which is now regarded as kabahlla and not cannon
by the time of christ angels were winged humans

underrated

the really powerful ones, something like this, closer to god they are the less comprehensible by human brains they get.

Oh. Last few questions.

If they were all on Earth, and they woke up after 2nd impact, why'd it take years for them to actually attack, and why didn't they do it all at once? Does that mean that the angels were always that powerful? How would merging with Adam eradicate humans?

Bonus question: What does Adam based life look like?

>Why'd they wake up after second impact?

SEELE deliberately caused the Second Impact if I recall correctly, they needed Adam to be reduce an embryo so she/he/it wouldn't wipe Humanity and life forms as we know then in general. The side-effect was that half of humanity died, but I guess it's better than ALL mankind perishing.

>If they were on other planets, how would they have know where Earth was (or even be affected by the second impact in the first place)?

They were on Earth all along, it's not properly explained but Adam probably hatched some eggs before Lilith crashed on Earth (Sandalhon was found as an egg so I guess Angels are born from eggs) and her Spear of Longinus, the device designed to stop Seeds of Life if two landed on the same planet, was destroyed causing Adam's Spear to lock him, the impact caused the Ice Age too.

Adam waking up during the Second Impact and the fact he/it didn't died and was sending a kind of energy signal calling his offspring to save him , probably caused the unhatched eggs to brake 15 years later thus Angels were born.

Angels are just alien cosmic horrors that can brake the rules of physics, it's alien magic it ain't going to explain shit, some can fly to Space like Sahaquiel and Arael or maybe their eggs got ejected out of orbit during Second Impact or something we can't comprehend.

Angels are Adam based life
Evas (except for Shogoki) are Adam based life, its clones

There's still some angels that weren't just winged humans in the New Testament, including the ones in Revelation 4:6-8.
ADAM-based life looks like the angels that were attacking.

>why'd it take years for them to actually attack
We don't know. Some like Sandalphon were maturing in eggs, while others might've just been observing things before they strike. There's no good explanation for this, though.

>why didn't they do it all at once?
One of the original drafts called for all the remaining Angels to attack at once for the climax, but they decided against it. They just don't.

>Does that mean that the angels were always that powerful?
The trade off is that humans are smart and many in number, but individually weak, while Angels are few in number, but strong.

> How would merging with Adam eradicate humans?
They'd initiate an impact that would just wipe everyone out, much like Second Impact killed half of the world's population, except it would kill everyone.

>What does Adam based life look like?
Angels.

He's a little bit wrong, they didn't wake on the second impact when Adam woke that's when they were spawned, but they had to gestate for a while, and like birds hatching from eggs, each hatched at slightly different times, though it generally took about the same time give or take a few weeks between each. they even found one yet unhatched in the magma diver episode.

What's this thing inside the wheels?

They could just be constantly evolving too, so eventually the angels would all reach higher dimensions and not be touchable.

It's the Space Child from 2001

baby jesus

Because Biblical angels comes in all sorts of freaky shapes. There's a reason why they pretty always say "fear not" when addressing mortals

Symbolism for cancer.

needless artist addition to stick something human-like in there, the angel is the all seeing wheels, he'res a medieval interpretation.

Aah, yes. The Olympics.

Is that what your parents told you when your were born deformed? That humans also come in all sorts of freaky shapes?

I don't think they're even conscious of that much. The ones that tried communicating don't raise it, they had questions and no declaration of intent. They're like super newborns slouching toward something vaguely like themselves for guidance.

To be fair, that was one of the few things the rebuilds did better.

merely a coincidence...

No, the image of angel being "just a guy with wings" was a Medieval invention.

Some of them were people with wings, but you still had seraphim and cherubim, who were covered in wings. They're on the wall of Hagia Sophia.

the battle itself yes, but Ramiel was perfect from the start. for all the implications and references in his shape.

Is that how you demonstrated to your parents your illiteracy? And how they know at that point you're completely hopeless?

Because Shinji was a coward who never picked up on all the cues she was sending him.

Read a book.

They got like 4 heads and shit.

At which point did you find out you were already baited? Just like how this evashit thread will be derailed?

>vlcsnap
>dvd when BD is out

that just reeks of marketing mandated redesign for easier acceptance by the masses

Porcupine dilemma, autism, being gay.

All shitposts must be exposed for the idiotic crap that they are

The people of god got promised to be as numerous as the sands in the sea.
Jewish population: 14 million
Christian population: Over 2 billion
The rebrand worked.

I agree. So why don't you shitstains fuck off to evageeks already? You are the cancer killing Sup Forums

I don't know how to break it to you, but you are talking about yourself

bait
proven by vlc

>Show whose imagery is a rip-off of a religion whose imagery is a rip-off of ancient Mesopotamian religion
I wonder why?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_angelology
Sure thing, buddy.

>Evas (except for Shogoki) are Adam based life, its clones

You're right about Unit-01 being born from Lilith (as seen in the flashbacks in the show), but is there any evidence that the others were born from Adam? I think they were Lilith-based too.

Consider this: when 01 tore Zeruel apart and ate its S2 engine, the Seele dudes remarked that she had become god, having gained both the fruit of knowledge and the fruit of life. The fruit of knowledge was from Lilith's side. The S2 engine, which all angels possessed, can be assumed to be the fruit of life (since this is what 01 gained by eating Zeruel).

So if the other Evas are born from Adam, why don't they have the S2 engine? Since they are generally similar in appearance to 01, are humanoid, and lack S2 engines, I think it's far more likely that they are also Lilith-based.

All of that is null because Kaworu synchs with Eva 02 100% due to the fact that it is based off Adam. He can't do that with Eva 01 because it's based off Lilith.

Regardless, just because the Evas are based off of Adam does not mean they're perfect clones. Nerv and Seele had a lot of difficulty throughout the entire series installing the S2 core into an Eva, only succeeding later on with the Harpies.

>>I mean most of the times they don't even have limbs

Looks like a few of the designs were fairly accurate in that respect

it was way before medieval times
the jews under roman rule were already romanized and they incorporated cherubum from their roman masters into their angels
yaweh's appearance also changed into OC donut steel zues. here is yahweh's original appearance back when he belonged in a pantheon of gods.

They don't have an S2 engine because although part of theit core, they're artificially made and they don't have the knowledge of how to replicate that, they tried but it didn't work out too well for Nevada

I think Armisael had the best design, especially after it fuses with Unit-00 and sprouts a bunch of malformed copies of previous angels out its back.

>All of that is null because Kaworu synchs with Eva 02
That's a good point, but then it doesn't really solve anything. If the other Evas are Adam clones, then why don't they have superior physical abilities to 01? Where does the fruit of life come in? I mean I can't imagine why 01 and the other Evas would be so similar to each other if they were born out of almost diametrically opposed entities.

Assuming that the other Evas were spawned in a process similar to 01, they're not all that "artificial". They're more or less grown directly out of their progenitor. If Adam gives the fruit of life, why wouldn't they be born with it?
After all, evas can't function at all without either S2 cores or umbilical cords plugging them into massive power generators. Kind of makes no sense for a being spawned from the tree of life to have no life, doesn't it?

Then again it doesn't make much sense for Eva 01 to be as physically strong as an angel, either.

I'll just file this under "space magic, ain't gotta explain shit" I guess.

>Sahaquiel

Only time Rebuild was unquestionably better than the original.

Although the argument can also be made in favor of Rebuild Zeruel instead of Mr Toilet-Paper-Roll-Arms

yeah, funny how nowadays most Christians actually worship Zeus who is served by a bunch of Cupids without realizing it.

Because they were crafted in man's image, not the image of the Angels themselves.

The Evas are artificial creatures, which is why their cores are not the real deal. That's why they need to be plugged in to work in the first place. With S2 cores, they get infinite energy, and thus wouldn't need to be plugged in.

>Mr Toilet-Paper-Roll-Arms

>I mean I can't imagine why 01 and the other Evas would be so similar to each other if they were born out of almost diametrically opposed entities.

The Fruit of Knowledge and Life are two parts of the same thing. They were split apart intentionally, but originally they were one thing.

> I can't imagine why 01 and the other Evas would be so similar to each other if they were born out of almost diametrically opposed entities.
Because they're not that diametrically opposed entities just different iterations of the same race. both adam and lilith were means to prolong their own species.

to make it clearer it's a bit like the idea that we got it backwards and it's not that dna is the means by which humans, plants and animals etc... perpetuate their species, but that all species are different means by which dna perpetuates itself, we're not the self preserving constant through time. dna is. in eva world it's not humans or angles, it's the FAR.

You're just repeating yourself, without actually explaining anything. There is no proof at all that Seele/Nerv had anything to do with how the Evas looked like. They were born directly out of their progenitors. So why would Evas born out of Adam look like humans and not like angels?

Yes, the first ancestral race posessed both. They were indeed split apart intentionally, so that the new life they seeded throughout the universe wouldn't start with both.

But so what? They WERE split apart. Adam had the fruit of life, Lilith the fruit of knowledge. This is stated in the actual series. So why would Evas grown out of them look the same?

Imagine you had a glass of water with both salt and sugar mixed in. You then let the water evaporate, and carefully separate the salt from the sugar and put them in different containers.
You then taste a bit of the sugar, and find that it's actually salty.
The argument that "well that makes sense because they used to be together" doesn't actually make any sense, does it?

Reminder

Because they were not born, but crafted. We see them split Lilith apart in order to create Eva 01.

It's one still shot. What I got out from it is that they were sort of made through osmosis, not that they hacked apart Lilith in order to create 01. And even if they did mine the progenitors for parts, why would Lilith and Adam have similar genetic material to use for the production of Evas to begin with? Like I already said, even if the FAR held both the fruit of knowledge and of life, Lilith and Adam only held one each. There's no real reason for them to have similar genetics.

Except we hear explicitly that the Angels have nearly identical DNA to humans, so you're wrong.

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAY

I remember watching it and thinking it was a weird carrot and wondering if the fruit of life was a carrot rather than an apple as told in genesis but changed through book revisions

And humans and mice share most of the same DNA too. Does that mean you can create the same kind of Frankenstein monsters from humans as from mice?

Honestly you're trying way too hard to argue for what is fairly obviously a plot hole, albeit a minor one. Lilith is the mother of humanity, Adam the father of angels. There is almost no way to justify Evas being made from them being almost identical in all respects.

why is it a plot hole, they didn't have to include a mention of how similar they are if not to justify this stuff.

This guy was top-tier kaiju.

You're assuming that they can't just fashion these things they're creating to look however they want with no basis, even though we clearly see them craft them with different characteristics even among only the Adam based Evas.

You're desperate to find flaws, that's all.

You should open your mind user. This way of thinking is why shit like Isekai novels/anime are popular.

>"How about we do some original design for the angels, they don't have to be-"
>"Fuck that, an angel is an angel. Put wings on that shit and get it done."

They just said that in order to shock the viewer into understanding that humans and angels shared a common origin. I highly doubt that line was inserted to justify the similarity of the different Evas.

Because they're literally grown out of their progenitors. That much we know. It's much safer to assume that the progenitors play a role in how the Evas turn out, than to assume NERV can perfectly engineers the Evas however the fuck they want out of either Adam or Lilith DNA, and only needs them as some sort of yeast starter kit or whatever.

The differences between the Adam-based evas are minor, assuming you're not counting rebuilds, and there's no evidence that whatever differences they had were intentional.

I'm not desperate to find flaws. I like Eva and I think they did a fine job with the lore overall. I just think that this detail doesn't really work all that well.

But in your analogy the glass of water should be the FAR.

The FAR possessed both sugar and salt. Then facing their extinction seeded the universe with glasses of water with sugar and glasses of water with salt.

If you were to pour some of both out and freeze them you'd get pieces of ice with very different shapes and patterns, but when you go back to the basics they're both water.

Lilith and Adam are both giant humanoids in their natural forms, so it's not surprising for their offspring to also look like giant humanoids.

>there's no evidence that whatever differences they had were intentional
Again, wrong, because each of the Harpies look exactly the same, which tells us that Seele purposefully designed them that way. Unless you want to tell me that they just happened to create 9 identical Evas on accident, which is far more of a stretch on your part.

youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

>I just think that this detail doesn't really work all that well.
well, let's agree to disagree, I think it's sufficiently justified. and it's not like I'm close to recognizing flaws, Kaworu's talk with seele opened some plot holes for example (which probably is why it was origianlly cut).