People don't ACTUALLY like this right...

People don't ACTUALLY like this right? They just pretend to so they say they have patrician taste and love DEEP COMPLEX anime right?

Because it isn't good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VyYCYd2wHY4
youtube.com/watch?v=-IcFDwygw-o
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-25/masaaki-yuasa-yoru-wa-mijikashi-arukeyo-otome-film-adds-12-more-cast-members/.111484
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It wasn't deep. But it was pretty good.

It's good, though.

This. It has a pretty clear-cut message and if you fail to understand it and assume it's deep you must be fucking retarded or something.

You could've tried a lot harder with this bait. I doubt this thread will last long.

It was a pretty fun, straightforward watch, but the art style means it's surrounded on all sides with idiots who want to be mature for not liking moe ("MANIME, finally, real art, enough waifu shit, go fuck your billow #butthurt") and bigger idiots who think they're mature for preferring moe ("adulthood is not caring/i have more sophisticated, nuanced preferences than you, betcha can't even tell frip frappers from madoka scrub, deepness isn't why real otaku watch anime anyways")

So it's been ruined

Not OP, but no, it really isn't. The main theme is one touched upon by so much literature, it's amazing people had never heard something like it. Mind you, the fact that they beat you over the head with it is bad enough.

>muh college life
>good
Most of Sup Forums thinks it's good because they relate to Watashi's pathetic life in college. They're idiots who fell for the college meme. Good thing I realized school was a fucking scam when I was a teenager and dropped out of middle school.

Thanks user I forgot that "unique" and "good" are synonyms

it was boring. 99% of it is talking

welcome to anime

it was good though

i liked it

ITT: stop liking things I don't understand.

Why was she such a fucking jew?

Lost, are you? Let me illustrate:
Not only is the theme cliche, the execution of it isn't good. We don't need to see all the possible paths in order to understand that "being alive is fun; I was having fun doing all those things!"

Watashi is really idiosyncratic, and I get that's what the author was going for, but seeing him lament what he perceives to be a waste of time, or seeing him cuck himself, and in the end going "gee, that sure is better than existing all by myself" is something I did not appreciate.

Again, I feel like the reading aspect of this is essential, because it has been done before, and better. And many people talk about the idea being "original," when it isn't.

For example, T.S. Eliot does it way better in "The Wasteland."

>TTG
>deep
sup underage kun

Sounds to me like the message went over your head.

you probably didn't even read anything he said lmao

I don't think anyone claims this is a deep, complex story, at least I haven't seen it put forth on Sup Forums. It's mainly praised for its visual direction. It's almost as if this is a bait thread.

only people who think it's DEEP are the types who dwell on the last episode and not, you know, all the other ones.

kinda wasteful considering how fun all the other episodes were

Haven't finished it yet. I felt I lost interest after the pyramidal scheme episode. Did the "evil friend" get any comeuppance?

he gets trolled in the last scene

turns out the "evil friend" wasn't evil at all

Yeah he's not really evil

And it sounds to me like you don't know how to argue.

Ok, you presented your conclusion. But what's your argument. Please, enlighten me with your arcane knowledge of this series that is so hard to understand, you and the author form the coterie of humans that actually got it. Or call me an idiot for not understanding.

Go on, ball's on your court, bitch.

Made me laugh.

Fa-su-to contact
Wa-su-to contact

Only thing I remember from this show

If I can understand it is automatically disqualified in being a deep anime

if you can't understand it despite that then that just means you're not as smart as me, meaning you're basically a retard since I'm not the most clever person

It sounds like you're judging the totality of the anime based on its premise more than anything else.

It's not actually deep or complicated user. There're legitimate reasons to dislike it but if you disliked it because it went over your head, there is a serious problem with your attention span.

Look at you being all grandiose.

>being alive is fun; I was having fun doing all those things
>gee, that sure is better than existing all by myself
If that's all you took away, there's no use explaining it. The message isn't a deep one but its considerably larger than that.

>comparing tatami galaxy to the fucking wasteland
lel

I think you're pretty intelligent my man.

The situations and Watashi being alone are supposed to illustrate that one shouldn't worry about social appearances, be worried that things aren't going to plan, etc. The message in essence is YOLO; just live life and see where it takes you, lose the expectations.

Wow, funky art and a romantic plot, 10/10.

And yes I made the comparison. Why does it strike you as funny?

Again, you don't really know how to argue, do you?

That's not the message, that's MC's motivation for reaching the message.
Relax, even I don't feel like the show is perfect. You're just outing yourself as a contrarian.

You compared a 1 cour anime to intellectual work from the 1920s, of course its funny. Stop trying to claim any kind of high ground.

I feel the same way. It wasn't thought provoking, it wasn't funny, the characters were shallow, it was just one of the most "nothing" shows I've ever completed. Only thing it has going for it is the art.

How about you fuck off? You're not doing anything other than saying I'm wrong with saying why and spouting memes.

I'm sorry that I don't like this shitty show, and that I disagree with the most common reasons why people laud it, but fuck you man. You don't get to tell me what I think is wrong without having the balls to back it up. If I were contrarian I'd be saying stuff like this is entry level shit, or saying it's Reddit-tier or spouting memes. I'm not.

Don't bother, he's just going to respond with "you dun get it" and fail to provide his own interpretation.

I was gonna fun post about OP's shit taste but to be honest I also have a similar situation with Akira.

I can understand why it's considered well made but I can't understand how anyone can like it. So many of the characters behave in annoying ways and so many small developments throughout the movie felt unnatural.

You're wrong

Don't apologize. I'll be real with you, the show is overrated for sure. I don't normally do this, but the way you downplayed the part I actually liked about it incited me to reply.

I'm sure you're aware of it already so you won't be swayed, but here's the message I took. Keep in mind nothing you posted was incorrect, but I feel like they were means to this end.
It's simply don't let opportunity fall through your fingers. If it's staring you in the face, reach and grab it. Not just for yourself, but for the people it can impact most of all.

The story wasn't just about Watashi learning to "live life to the fullest." He's stripped of his rose tinted glasses, stops being self-centered and finally understands the way he should approach the people around him, along with why.
He starts seeing everyone for what they are; people too. It's why the climax is him saving Ozu.

And why did it need 11 episodes to impart that little nugget of wisdom? Almost the entire show felt like graceless, wasted time. If it were a movie it would have been better.

But this anime is neither complex nor deep. It's just very good.
Also has the best fucking OP and ED god damn I love these
youtube.com/watch?v=VyYCYd2wHY4
youtube.com/watch?v=-IcFDwygw-o

Because it's a seasonal anime? Also you are wrong, some of the best parts of the whole series are the earlier arcs.

Good timing, I was just about to add to my post. The show isn't just the message. It's eleven episodes of character work and MC hi-jinks.

The message isn't original, it's been done way better elsewhere. But after sitting with the MC and all of the characters for so long it feels cathartic to someone who enjoyed the world this show presented. It's subjective of course.

>Because it's a seasonal anime
So the show is bad because they chose the wrong format, thanks for agreeing.
>some of the best parts of the whole series are the earlier arcs.
I'll give this one to you since I don't remember any good parts, so which of the bad parts are best is all yours.

What an inane post. Hilarious that the other guy wasted so much typing on you.

Agree to disagree. You've been fun to talk to.

It's about on par in terms of post quality with the other guy

It's even more funny when you read the first posts and how almighty that retard pretended to be.

99% of most comedy is just talking

It are shit. Nuff sed.

Sounds like you hate the anime because you disagree with the idea it presented rather than its own actual merits itself. Yours is the perfect example of dishonest criticism.

Sup Forums mostly just likes the animation as far as I can tell.

>We don't need to see all the possible paths in order to understand that
We probably didn't, but what point is there to understanding
>"being alive is fun; I was having fun doing all those things!"
if there wasn't any 10 gorgeously animated and hilariously written episodes to show it?

Besides, the point of the show isn't just to relay that "message". The fun of it is watching someone's idealized worldview unravel and seeing him completely leave it and live his own life in the end.

It was just OK in my books until the last 2 episodes which I loved. Still not a masterpiece or anything but memorable watch nonetheless.

you're all cancer

die immediately

The first episode is great but after a few episodes it gets kinda boring since you realize theres no overarching plot.

you didn't finish it, did you?

its no ping pong, thats for sure

>theres no overarching plot
uhhh

Did endless 8 have overarching plot in your opinion?

:I feel like the reading aspect of this is essential, because it has been done before, and better
Perhaps you should fuck off to /lit/, then, because this is the case for pretty much all anime. I, for one, think that reading is for nerds, and I'd much rather watch watch a story with good visuals than read my grandpa's dusty books.

That's not the same at all

>I, for one, think that reading is for nerds, and I'd much rather watch watch a story with good visuals than read my grandpa's dusty books.
literally underage

>We don't need to see all the possible paths in order to understand that "being alive is fun; I was having fun doing all those things!"
That isn't the point, you fucking braindead cunt. Anyone with an IQ in the double digits could see the conclusion from the second episode.

The show is about the journey of the character, not imparting some moral message, and reducing it to that is absurd.

Do you faggots like anything besides moeshit

kill yourselves

It's actually making fun of hipsters that over analyse everything and act like they're too good for things that other people enjoy. It's like that overly social bro who realizes you like that plain but cute girl from your econ 101 class and laughs at your excuse for not trying to ask her out.

>Disliking books makes you underage
Yet you're posting on a board about Chinese cartoons, so what does that make you?

Are you seriously implying that you can't enjoy more than one medium? Are you that retarded?

People always cry about crossboarders on Sup Forums clearly indicating you should only like manga and animes and nothing else.

No, I am implying that interests =/= age you faggot, and that calling others 'underage' based on their interests is fucking stupid when your own interests include children's cartoons.

stop dissing yourself lol

>Implying
It drags on a bit, but episode 10 and 11 are a fantastic climax.
I'm not a fan of having so much sort of repetitive buildup, it's really well executed.
It's at least better than 99% of the garbage shit anime that gets published daily.

What if you watch episodes 1, 10 and 11?
Do you actually miss anything relevant to the plot?

Yes, the entirety of the show comes together for the last episode.
It's not that you won't understand id it (well, there's a lot of things you won't quite get) but mostly it will lack impact and not be the same.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-25/masaaki-yuasa-yoru-wa-mijikashi-arukeyo-otome-film-adds-12-more-cast-members/.111484

>Hiroyuki Yoshino as the God of the Old Books Market
So why is Ozu a god now?

>Do you actually miss anything relevant to the plot?
The entire show builds towards the ending. You'll probably get the message by only watching the conclusion, but it's kind of meaningless without the journey towards it.

Why would you do this? If you don't want to watch 11 episodes then you're obviously not enjoying the show, so why not just drop it at that point?

>and bigger idiots who think they're mature for preferring moe ("adulthood is not caring/i have more sophisticated, nuanced preferences than you, betcha can't even tell frip frappers from madoka scrub, deepness isn't why real otaku watch anime anyways")
What? Why do you think Tatami Galaxy would attract this kind of person?

It's not deep and that's exactly what's wrong because it just makes how it portrays it's simple message pretentious as fuck.

>pretentious

>pretentious
>tatamy galaxy
You have no clue what actually pretentious shit is.

>implies an appearance of importance not justified by the thing's value
Such a simple message didn't need such a roundabout way of expressing it. It's like endless 8 honestly, and not because of the time loop, but rather that they felt that the idea of Yuki living through 15000 repitions was so earthshattering and important a concept that they needed to show the same episode 8 times. Which it wasn't.
The message in Tatami Galaxy isn't worth it's artstyle or the fast talking or the two episodes of "introspection" at the end.

>Such a simple message didn't need such a roundabout way of expressing it.
Newsflash: Works convey message but aren't created exclusively for the purpose of a message. The purpose of a work is the work itself, this isn't fucking educational television.

>Comparing it to endless 8
Endless eight is a piece of garbage where the exact same episode gets repeated and redrawn but nothing new is being added except some brief inner monologues, and the final conclusion is completely anticlimatic and makes you go "about fucking time you asshole". It tries to reproduce a feeling of struggle and sameness on the audience, and a climax of being freed. It does what it tries to well enough, but is generally boring shit.
Tatamy Galaxy on the other hand show different possibilities all ending in despair and regret for the character no matter what he does, always having him hopeful at the start, but also showing all the different characters and situations, to end in a culmination where all the previous information strikes together to produce a climax of finally taking action and embracing opportunities and the journey of life.
They are two completely different works, fucking apples and oranges.

On the topic of style, any different style is welcome always, the anime could be about poking turds for all I care, that you think anime needs a particular goal to change style show your lack of appreciation for the medium.

>The message in Tatami Galaxy isn't worth it's artstyle or the fast talking or the two episodes of "introspection" at the end.
Why does those things need to be justified with some arbitrarily worthwhile message?

Kiko-san is cute.

Good job, you saw through our facade. I hope it makes you feel less insecure about your own tastes.

Cute fit.

I'm guessing NHK must be your favorite anime then

Ping Pong>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>Tatamy Galaxy

ITT: Pretentious weeaboo fucks try to tear down an anime because it actually tried different ways of storytelling and had unique elements like the artstyle but it wasn't deep like Eva or some shit

TTG objectively is in the top 3 of the best TV anime of the decade.
So sorry, but your opinion is worthless.

>ITT this long
kys

I can't rate Mushishi and Mob Psycho 100 since I haven't watched both yet, but
>Kill la Kill
>Luluco
>YKA
lmaooooo

Because this show doesn't just care about the destination it also cares about the whole adventure behind it giving us entertaining and fun episodes that in the end work to show us different instances of the characters and makes the message even more clear and straightforward.

The criticism you are making is like saying "wow what was the point of all the 20-something episodes of samurai champloo if they just end up getting separed in the end or if the final episode could've happen without all those episodes"

It's not deep and it's not complex at all.

You do not understand eastern storytelling traditions and you refuse to accept them as well.
It's not about the resolution or the lesson, it's about how you reach that ending.

ITT: some weeaboo ass faggot gets mad because apparently making an ITT that is too long like saying "ITT: Pretentious weeaboo fucks try to tear down an anime because it actually tried different ways of storytelling and had unique elements like the artstyle but it wasn't deep like Eva or some shit" because apparently that's against the unspoken retarded rules of this autistic board on this autistic website but this user doesn't give a shit about that retarded shit an will keep doing it because fuck you

>grandpa's dusty books
So, your parents were not readers, that's too bad for you. It may explain why you never developed the healthy habit of reading literature. May I ask what's the origin of your anti-intellectual tendencies though? During High School did you take to heart the lessons of Chad? Or did your dad hate your grandfather for being all 'snobby' and 'cultured'?
>reading is for nerds
If nerds = people that enjoy actively using their imagination while discoursing with well-thought arguments properly articulated and other concepts through self-reflection, an activity that requires a modicum of attention, then yes books are for nerds.
Chinese cartoons, on the other hand, are for children, or at least the majority of them are. Visual mediums usually demand a much more passive role from its audience, and mainstream anime sadly has all the elements of children entertainment: you just sit there to enjoy the music and the moving pictures, like a newborn infant being sung to, while watching and laughing how a mobile hanging from his crib spins around.
Good for you, non-nerd.