Was Maison Ikkoku a slice of life?

Was Maison Ikkoku a slice of life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=be1Yy1S2wYI
youtube.com/watch?v=tkwOPVoLrnA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

only seen the first few eps, but i'd say no.
it had the entrance exams and the mistery of kyokos husband to tie eps together.

No really.
It was a prototype romcom as I remembered.

>romcom
Retard.

She can have a slice of my life if you know what I mean.

Yes.

It's rape.

Reminder:

youtube.com/watch?v=be1Yy1S2wYI

It was a good show

Urusai yatsura, ranma, wut
Is this glorious 80th design?

Yeah. There was a loose plot but mostly was daily life stuff.

Does Sup Forums like Godai?

RRRRUUUUUUMMMMMIIIIIKKKKKKKOOOOOOO!!

He's a decent guy stuck with scumbag neighbors in a rundown house. Still, the reward he got in the end almost makes up for all the shit he had to put up with. Almost. If I was him, after I got Kyoko, I'd burn the house and everyone in it, watching with her from the outside and doing a little dance.

IM watching this serie, Im watrching 56th episode, funny thing is that I stopped watching last June lol

>lol

Get out.

This. I thought they would get some redemption episodes showing that they were well meaning people on the inside.

Nah they were cunts through and through. But that just adds to the realism I guess

I think they were well-meaning people for the most part, but that part where they kept adding to Godai’s debt at the Cabaret after his friend already ran out on his share legitimately got me fucking mad

Good? It was a fucking masterpiece, all romance anime feel so bland after Ikkoku.

>If I was him, after I got Kyoko, I'd burn the house and everyone in it, watching with her from the outside and doing a little dance.
I could see that happening if Maison Ikkoku had more over the top UY-style humor.

Pic related is the worst, least likeable, most painfully unfunny side character I've ever seen. Similar to Kramer, except without the funny.

Why the hell would Rumiko write such a piece of garbage? Why do people like him at all?

Thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=tkwOPVoLrnA

Nah, they were just arseholes. Occasionally they showed a redeeming quality or two, but they were not well-meaning.

I know you ain't taking shit about Yotsuya bitch.
Kramer too for that matter

Kramer is a great character.

Yotsuya is garbage.

no

Yeah no fuck that asshole.

>mfw Godai Va voiced based Skullmania

>tfw you'll never bring home four high school girls

Kyoko is DOGED

Best way to rewatch the show is watch 1-10 or so, skip to 50.

Anywhere near as good as UY?

I would say that this is Takahashi's best work because it doesn't drag into oblivion and has progression. Some would say that Mermaid Saga is better.

That True Blue picture

Akemi is a slut cake?

Yes.

Mermaid series > Ranma 1/2 > Urusei Yatsura > One Pound Gospel > Maison Ikkoku > * > Inuyasha

I miss Rumiko's style, it's definitely of a bygone era.

Your order is messed up something fierce.

>Kyoko dead husband was a literal faceless oldman
TakahashiIIII

He wasn't old

Well she wall in love in high schooll. He was a teacher.

Fucking phoneposter cancer.

Yes.
Kozue a cute, A CUTE!

This looks like she's talking about time leaping.

I would have chosen Kozue if i was Godai

you can't choose girls that come after

Unless the first dies or it REALLY doesn't work out.