HighSchool DXD

Does anyone watch this show?
It does not get the recognition it deserves.

Also, series 4 when??

Other urls found in this thread:

ishibumi.exblog.jp
baka-tsuki.org/project/?title=High_School_DxD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Also, series 4 when??
No set date yet all we know is that it's being worked on.

why do they do this to us every season user-senpai?

>It does not get the recognition it deserves

how are non stop generals while it was airing not enough recognition?

Well where are the generals now?!

BOOST

>It does not get the recognition it deserves

True. This shit gets MORE recognition than it deserves.

This desu.

The LN has some of the worst writing even by LN standards. Japan is probably the only country that publishes literature that reads like it was written by a thirsty 12 year old.

>The LN has some of the worst writing even by LN standards.
If you think DxD is poorly written don't ever try reading infinite stratos.

DELETE THIS

How the hell is there a way to not think DxD is badly written? When the author switches point of view characters he sometimes literally writes something like "hey I'm character x" and then continues.

Whatever about the LN, the Anime is god tier.

I'm just saying I've read many LN written worse than that, infinite stratos being the worst of them all.

Not after how they completely fucked up season 3.

>Not after how they completely fucked up season 3

Explain?

I already forgot the details but basically they completely changed order of the canon LN events and rushed the fuck out of it just to force in Juggernaut drive.

It was still an enjoyable series user.

Every time MC's weapon said BUUUUUUUUSTOOOOOO, I wanted to close my screen.

mc?

main character

Bump

HAREM KING

why do they take so long between seasons?

Holy shit I thought I was the only one who though this.

Seriously, the LN is fucking horrible. The anime is a little better because you actually have visuals and crap, but it's still pretty stupid.

It's the rehab from all the drugs.

>xd
Fuck off

Ishibumi updated his blog.
>ishibumi.exblog.jp
TLDR.
>Ishibumi is working on the animation series, Slashdog and Vol.23
>V23 is going to have the Issei vs Dulio fight
>Dulio team is going to be introduced
>An unexpected older sister character gets closer to Issei
>V23 is going to develop Asia, Ravel, the juniors,Issei, Xenovia and Irina but also Elmenhilde
>We'll get more information on the new characters in Ria's team and Mr.Black(Crom)
>It's going to contain the feelings of youth with future promises made by the characters
>we'll have more information next month

NO U

I hate when they just say they are working on it. Its been over 2 years, a rough estimate of airing dates would be nice too.

More Rossweisse would be for the best.

As far as i know they only started working on S4 like 5-6 months ago?

Didn't say anything about Rossweisse, but i assume since he's going to be developing multiple characters each book she'll get her turn soon enough.

Where can I download or read the LN Volumes online? I've only ever seen the tv show and its awesome

baka-tsuki.org/project/?title=High_School_DxD

Thank you senpai!!

Even if you've seen S3 no especially if you've seen S3 start from V5. The events of the anime and the light novel are wildly different.

yeah i was browsing through them, V5 seems to be where S3 takes off

Yup, i'd suggest leaving the Dx volumes the short story compilations till last some contain spoilers.

can't get excited after the travesty of season 3

what travesty ?

He's probably referring to the shit NTR anime only story arc that happens after episode 9. They should have stuck to the source but some dickweed director with a NTR fetish fucked it up.

you mean the imposter issei saga?

Yeah, he meant that one shits not in the books at all most of S3 isn't and is totally made up horseshit nobody asked for.

yeah, looking at it now, s3 should have been quite different.

Yes. They cut out half of volume 5, some of volume 6 and they completely dissected and rearranged all of volume 7 just so they could fit that fourth anime only story arc in. They also risked trashing over the main plot of season 4 in episode 12 by fixing Issei and Rias problems in a much inferior way. Luckily they both got magic amnesia...

By not sticking to the source it resulted in a more serious season. The best part of dxd is the balance between ecchi and the story. This season felt rushed and it felt like the characters were constantly fighting.

Not to mention some of the best parts of those volumes that were funny or made Issei look great never made it in. Things like the oppai sandwich, blowing away a mountain in balance breaker or Issei healing Akenos heart properly.

Rias got boosted gear form which was anime original fucking trash

so, that fight between rias and issei in s3, where she is brainwashed/cursed, does that even exist in the books?

Enjoy your fanservice user

this?

No, not even once later

This.

>the Anime is god tier.
If you're a braindead retard with a shit taste maybe.

so wtf was that about?

whatever about s3 changes, the other seasons were nearly bang on the LN's. The anime is entertaining and awesome imo.

>power of boners the show

Xenovia best girl

I think it's a language thing. Japanese is limiting in expression and vocabulary compared to English and some of its European counterparts. There are hardly any books that have made an impact on literature as a whole that come from that region.

its actually got a decent enough story, for something all about oppai

Low budget and 1 cour forces them to do OC

MC can't control his boob boner. Chairman would be saddend.

I'll always be the first to admit that DxD is stupid and has shit writing, but it's so damn fun I can forgive it. It's probably the only series where I'm just happy getting fan-service and cool shit.

I'm not ashamed to admit that one of the scenes that got me the most excited and almost made me tear up was when Sairaorg is fighting Heracles in the underwold, beating the shit out of him with his bare fist and the devil children in a school bus start cheering on him for being Issei's rival. He tells Heracles that now he just can't fucking win because the children are cheering for him and that he is now fucking invincible.
Also, it is a Harem story with a comfirmed harem ending, with the bonus that every girl is top tier.

Rias actually does get a boosted gear form in volume 20. But its not the skimpy form we saw in season 3. Also it can only be applied by Issei's wyverns ability.

Nope all anime only.

>entertaining
>awesome
You must be 18+ to be able to post here.

Best girl

post foxloli

No doubt

Second best but still so very nice.

Newfag, what are you talking about? We had daily threads from 2012-2015 and we'll probably be back to that if S4 is good enough.

And DxD doesn't need a plot. It's Dragon Ball with increased insanity and tits. That's why you get contrarian faggots who want to flaunt their E-dick by calling it shit.

Have a better version.

Hiro pls

This

>"It's doesn't need a good plot and character because it's crazy, have boobs and wacky!!!!!!!!"
>"anyone who criticize it is a contrarian faggot!"

Good argument.

I got to volume 12 before I just couldn't take it anymore.

OPPAI OPPAI BOOST BOOST! Every chapter. With power level scaling that'd make Dragon Ball blush.

Kek no, power level doesn't surprise anyone when they imply that Serafall could oneshot Japan in vol 4 and up till now nobody has done that in scene.

Epic argument my dude.

>make a claim
>respond with smug reaction picture while emphasizing disagreed points
>no counter
May I help structure your response, user?

>make a claim
I took the word out of your mouth retard.

DxD is just a low tier verse that only looks impressive because of hype and flowery language.
Its nowhere near qualified to be called DBZ-lite.

It's for the best really. If any of it got animated it would probably look horrible.

See: Great Red in BorN

He was referring to himself clearly

This, So much this

At minimum Ichika was absolutely based for the first few volumes. He was a man who deserved the pussy.

why does this show have no girl war?

Because all the relevant ones won, and because we all agreed that all DxDs are best.

There's no milf though

That's a price that had to be paid.

>2 years

Not even close. Announcement was oct/nov of last year.

>who is Grayfia

This one over here.

The only reason this shit sells is because of the tits, that's all.
No plot, no writing skills, the whole purpose of the story is to have a harem, heck at least the author could have changed the "formula" and made the MC become king or some shit.
I was reading this until I got to the part when muh buchou oppai shot some shit to replenish MC's energy, that's when I knew I was wasting my time with this garbage.
I can't believe this got a fourth season. There are other harems that are much better than this and will never get another chance.

Hate it all you want season 1 was fantastic

I love DxD and it's threads, if only because of the people that get butthurt over it being popular, especially people like >No plot, no writing skills, the whole purpose of the story is to have a harem, heck at least the author could have changed the "formula" and made the MC become king or some shit.
You need special kind of autism to completly ignore everything the series has and say it doesn't have it