I am convinced that Ripple will replace Bitcoin

Bitcoin is a value store due to the huge mining costs. Ripple is a payment system, Bitcoin isn't, Bitcoin can't do shit in terms of payments per second and no system you put on top of it (Lightening etc.) can change that.

So my guess Ripple will be the universal crypto we are all going to get to love like Facebook. This shit can scale like crazy on a transaction per second basis. Verification times at the moment: 4secs. Let that sink in.

Not to mention Ripple is backed by all major (((banks))).

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chancoin/
cmegroup.com/education/featured-reports/bitcoin-will-stunning-rally-sustain-or-sour-in-2018.html
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2329470
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Another JIDF shill thread against bitcoin.
Do you not understand you're just proving how scared Jews are of bitcoin?

>this will be the end of bitcoin
>says an increasingly nervous nocoiner for the 17th time

#KillCoiners

Yeah, after (((they))) kill bitcoin they will replace it with XRP and I will get to split some of their shekels.

If it doesn't give anonymity and isn't structured in a way that can't be centralized and further isn't developed by committed libertarians I want nothing to do with it.

I'm with you on long term investment possibilities. But apparently the ripple payment function is not tied into the ripple coin, and is just a coin created by the company that will create other functions with blockchain. Though they will be saving banks over 3 dollars per transaction, so their tech is likely to take off and 100 million investment coming end of december from big players in silicon valley. So yeah, it's going to go up. But they are also releasing 1 billion coins into the market every month for the next 58 months, so don't expect high volatility because that combined with the fact it's still not as easy as ETH, BTC, or LTC are to trade and cash out for most people... means the price will stay stable and low... which is their goal to get banks on board with using it. Their goal is to become a reserve currency for transactions in other coins... so yes, it's a good long term bet to get into right now.

Ripple is a jewish scam. If you want Satoshi's true vision, you'd mine Vertcoin.

>top of it (Lightening etc.) can change
why are you a grammatical mental defective?

Bitcoin will crash and burn. Invest in XRP now or regret it. XRP will go to the Moon, 5 trillion market cap at least. Bitcoin? That is going to die in a big fireball.

>and no system you put on top of it (Lightening etc.) can change that.

What’s your problem?

ripple, more like cripple
crapple
pee pee poo poole

Bitcoin has been bought up by hedgefunds, state ops, and corporations. It might as well be centralized.

It defiantly will

So it doesn't give those things. Not interested.

It even has a meme-ish name like Apple or Paypal. Something a millenial soyboy would regurgitate

Exactly. Why any other crypto is even looked at for transactioms is beyond me.

Maybe monero for illegal stuff, but Ripple is the future of crypto value transactions.

ripple is centralized and therefore trash

ever been on /biz? ought to go there it right up yer alley

>ripple

I wonder who is behind this post

lol @ xrp.. buy into chancoin folks and enjoy the ride... coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chancoin/

THIS is the real Ripple.

>Bitcoin is a value store due to the huge mining costs.
This is an example of the "sunk costs fallacy."

Bitcoin was a store of value back when it could be used to trade goods and services. It stored value in the sense that if you didn't spend it right away then you were storing it, by definition. Now that it no longer has that utility, it is no longer a store of value.

The price may continue to rise for a while but if you aren't a gambler then get out while you can.

You are right that nothing beats Ripple in transaction performance, but you know what is one mayor factor in the relentless, steady price increase of bitcoin?

Mining. What is the price of a product? Of course its influenced by supply and demand, but it will usually be a bit higher than production costs. Actually there is feedback loop between rising mining cost and price, see this excellent article from the cme futures exchange on bitcoin economics:
cmegroup.com/education/featured-reports/bitcoin-will-stunning-rally-sustain-or-sour-in-2018.html

tld dr Ripple is pretty good, but doesn't have mining like bitcoin does, which makes its price development more subdued.

If you watch r/btc you will see that Bitcoin Cash adoption is growing.
It's just like old Bitcoin.
It has all the past transactions that happened between January 2009 and August 1st, 2017.
But it actually functions.

As the banksters get angrier about their power to inflate being stripped from them, private transactions could become a lot more important to everybody.

Fuck off /biz/ your shit coin is still crashing and the fuck if anyone with common sense is gonna buy your bags.

You pay for the mining. That’s 2k per bitcoin at the moment, so the price won’t go below that.

although i'd like to add:
>Rising transaction costs could cause a crash.

Are transaction costs connected to the value of ripple itself?

>If you watch r/btc you will see that Bitcoin Cash adoption is growing.

800 transactions for BCH on average an hour... compared to 50,000 for Ripple... and BCH pretty much suffers from the same problems as Bitcoins.

Ripple is (((their))) coin.

bitcoin my crash. i think ripple has constant cost per transaction. each transaction destroys a bit of ripple, and its not technically needed, its part of the protocol, mainly to avoid transaction spam.

This is all correct... except for Bitcoins potentially crashing below mining costs if its non-useability becomes more and more obvious to everyone.

It has been below mining costs before.

Is Ripple anonymous? Is it open source? Can it be inflated?

This is the labor theory of value, which is wrong. Economists have known it was wrong since at least the Marginal Revolution of the mid-19th century. Only Marxists still cling to it.

Thank you for posting stats. I will take a look at Ripple.
Do you have any thoughts about how Ripple compares to Stellar?

i think its more simple. producers don't like to sell below production cost, so producers kind of set a price floor.

Appreciated, sounds like a winner to me. I know a lot about stock markets, made money there, but mostly for other people, I outperform markets by 30-40% yoy. I know crypto from back then but never got involved. I remember seeing bitcoin at 40 cents. well well.
It's very interesting to see algos keeping bitcoin in check now, so much for muh independent from fiat.

>producers don't like to sell below production cost, so producers kind of set a price floor.
If the world worked this way then running any business would be a cinch. You could just set your prices at whatever level you want. Guaranteed profit!

>not mining Yenten
It's like you guys don't WANT to become rich.
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2329470

its true though for many things. gold is ridiculously expensive and has little use, but the price cannot be way lower because its expensive to produce.

the price of gold is not based on its usage value, but production costs.

>please use my alt-shite coin and make me rich dumbasses

Fuck off kike

XRP market value is already at 30bn, mate.

so what?

they can only buy what is for sale, they cannot create new bitcoins or take them

if they print money to buy bitcoins, then it further destroys fiat and will make bitcoin's price go up, making more people eager to get bitcoins

if they sell big portions to crash the price, they will have a hard time buying it back because others will be eager to buy discounted bitcoins

if they dont use their bitcoins, they're basically lost coins, sure they can fund activities that no one likes, but if they're using their coins as payment, then they will eventually get back into the open market, people have to eat and pay bills

long term, if people don't panic and abandon crypto because of FUD, the distribution will become more even and the price will stabilize, despite whales and institutional buyers

this is all stupid. even pepecash is up 25% today.

most of the japs are leveraging to purchase bitcoin. do you know what leverage is user?

>blah blah blah

Nah fuck off

If you're going to talk about a performance block chain, you must talk about bitshare

Is Ripple Yiddish for "Fuck my shit up"?
Asking for a Palestinian friend

Mind telling me?
I honestly don't know but it sounds interesting

who the fuck cares, it's a shitcoin
If someone tried to pay me in ripple, I'd laugh in their face
It would be like a kid trying to buy a videogame with money he drew himself

Is it something to do with borrowing against your assets?

>I honestly don't know

BURGERS

yes, yes, "Satoshi"

maybe transaction costs dont matter? why do i need a complicated blockchain transaction when i want to buy a pack of chewing gums?

what needs to happen is that banks allow bitcoin deposits, and then develop a technology that bitcoin ownership is transfered just formally, exactly like its currently done on exchanges.

i could then by my groceries with my debit card in bitcoininstantly with no blockchain transaction costs.

i wonder why this hasent been discussed yet, but i think it will come. they say the reason why banks currently shy away from bitcoin is because (((they))) dont like it because taxes and sanctions are harder to control..

It's exactly that

All currencies come about by someone creating them. You may not value a currency, but that's your own valuation.

I said I dont know?
I literally just admitted i didn't know what you are talking about but i was interested in learning?

and the response i got was something I would expect from a burger.

fiat currency still has a face value and can easily be cashed in for actual goods on the fly. Buttcoin requires you fucking find some sucker to buy out your coins with FIAT CURRENCY so you can then use fiat currency to buy actual goods.

>Satoshi's true vision

nobody uses ripple as a currency
it's simply speculative, nobody is actually excited about it except ben bernanke and his buddies

apart from transaction volume, it offers no benefits over bitcoin, and bitcoin will improve transaction volume soon

I thought ripple was that shitty almond milk

when everyone has buttcoins, why would you use fiat?

we're still in the transition phase

EXACTLY

you still can't justify belief in god and know it's unwarranted

I don't know anything about ripple - I'm just saying the value of currencies is entirely subjective since people forget that sometimes.

You still can't justify a belief that your memory of what you to believe to be the last second of your experience actually occurred. Nice faith bro.

not one single crypto is used as currency

and they wont be in our lifetimes

take your profits and drop your bags on some dumb shmuck willing to give you cash for them

where the fuck is the worth if fiat is gone? The only fucking worth that is given to bitcoin is hype getting retards to cash out the bitcoin owners who know itll tank

Roger Ver is a cunt so no thanks. VIA is superior without the Ver cult of personality following in the Vert community.

wrong. i don't have to claim to know for certain that my subjective experience of reality represents things that actually occurred in order to be justified in believing in an external reality.

(for that matter, god doesn't help you justify a belief in the external world, so me being unable to do something is not helping you if you also can't do it)

>mfw when no one knows about Bitcore or Bitsend

Shit can handle 20mb blocks like nothing. And Bitsend has 4 min transaction time and Bitcore is 2 minute.

>in order to be justified in believing in an external reality
So how DO you justify it?

Also made by white German devs. Its the true Reich Coins.

>for that matter, god doesn't help you justify a belief in the external world
Also this is false, and has been understood to be false at least since Descartes.

fiat is only worth what people are willing to exchange for it

bitcoin is only worth what people are willing to exchange for it

bitcoin has many advantages to fiat and will replace it when scaling and usability is solved

>Ripple replacing bitcoin
>Not even similar
>German Education
I'm glad you're being overrun.

yes but as it stands i can turn my fiat into actual goods but bitcoin still remains something that people do not want to turn into actual goods because the value of bitcoin is still based off FIAT and people only get into bicoin for the FIAT returns

and before the wright brothers flew, you would say:

no one has ever flown
and they wont in our lifetimes
just be content walking on the ground like a pleb

we will laugh at you in 5 years

reasons bitcoin will go up:
- futures just successfully implemented on the big boy exchanges, and ETFs and other products (bitcoin volatility products?) are the next logical step. this will mean huge money flowing in, look what happened to the stock indexes since ETFs came out, they go up in a straight line now
- japan and korea hype
- europe hasn't even woken up yet, still low volume on the exchanges
- supply drying up HARD
- altcoin hype
- bitcoin currently in line with its history. if it continues, it will drop 50% soon, then dehype before a new hype cycle
- some new unspecified developments which will lead to more practical use
- bitcoin now accepted as "wont go away" and "no shady hacker scam" in the public now

reasons bitcoin will go down
- transaction costs
- governments outlawing bitcoin (they seem to be surprisingly tame on that issue though)
- i really don't see much specific no matter how i look at it..

>bitcoin still remains something that people do not want to turn into actual goods
That has only been increasingly becoming not the case. More and more sellers are increasingly accepting bitcoin, and that trend hasn't stopped.

i justify it on the basis that causality seems to exist, that there is uniformity in cause and effect, and this makes my experienced reality sufficiently "real" such that i would treat it seriously and worry about consequences. this is as opposed to a dream world where there are no laws and nothing has any consequence or weight.

i could also make the argument that denying causality is denying the basis for the very intelligibility of your words. you may not realize it, but simply by speaking to me you've made certain ontological commitments, if you then deny causality, you're committing a preformative contradiction. given that denying the external world is a contradiction, the belief in an external reality is automatically vindicated on the basis that it's the only other alternative(either x or not-x), and is therefore justified.

>Also this is false, and has been understood to be false at least since Descartes.
care to show? god doesn't solve the problem of regressive justification. you don't "know" that the external world exists in EITHER worldview

except all ive seen is people screaming that they cant cash out or they cant get their moneys worth on exchanges

>Ripple
Except normals can't buy it, only banks.

>I justify my belief in the external world by what I believe about the external world
That's viciously circular reasoning and doesn't work. You're making a brute faith commitment.

Truthfulness of God. It's in the meditations. I'm not going to make the argument because I don't care whether I can justify belief in an external world in the first place - whether you're a real person or some kind of phantasm wouldn't change much for me.

>shilling intensifies
bought 3000$ in litecoin today. Made 1300$.

The fact that you're noticing people bitching ought to be evidence that it's being increasingly utilized as a medium of exchange, since not all that long ago barely anyone traded in bitcoin at all such that you'd never hear about people bitching.

no, the reason people don't want to exchange goods for bitcoin is because price volatility is still high, the network is overloaded, not everyone knows about it yet and the price is still rising so you'd be wasting bitcoins by buying things now when you can use fiat which wont be worth more in 6 months time

fiat is only more recognised and more stable

once cryptos overcome those hurdles, there will be no reason for people to use fiat

my experience of cause and effect is entirely phenomenological, it precedes and is the foundation of my belief in external reality. it's not "a fact about the external world", shapes sounds and colors are brute facts.

>Truthfulness of God
well i haven't read the meditations it but it sounds like you're just presupposing god exists and is truthful. but if you don't care about it then that's fine, i'm completely okay with the possibility that my reality is being shown to me by a daemon. why are you asking me to do something we both can't and don't care to do? why aren't you justifying your belief in god, which is a problem for you, independent to whether or not my own position is defensible?

>costs to transfer funds are too high and take time

hmm?

Japs use it already

Oh look, it's a Jew shilling for his pyramid scheme coin again.

yes, and those will be fixed eventually
if they were fixed today, we wouldn't be having this conversation at all, you'd be using bitcoin already and bitcoin's price will be far higher than fiat because it's worth more and far more useful

you've also ruthlessly ignored my second argument to justify a belief in external reality without god, which is admittingly an extremely strong waterproof argument, but it has feelings too!

Bought the same, but when it was $100 per ltc

Or your cognition precedes any experience it might process. Simply presupposing your experiences are facts about real things is presuppositionalist.

>well i haven't read the meditations it but it sounds like you're just presupposing god exists and is truthful
Yeah that's called faith, something I don't have issues with having but you very clearly don't like admitting to in regard to your own.

If there is no truth is that the truth and if everything is a lie is that a lie?