Interest rates going to 5%

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-11/investors-told-to-brace-for-steepest-rate-hikes-since-2006

Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006, will this pop the debt hyper-bubble? 2006: rate hikes. 2007: realestate market collapses. 2008: economic collapse

It's happening AGAIN phaggots be prepared

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-11/investors-told-to-brace-for-steepest-rate-hikes-since-2006
wolfstreet.com/2017/12/11/how-fed-rate-hikes-impact-us-debt-slaves/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just in time for 2020

zucc save us all

Volcker shock when?

FUGG

This is good for bitcoin & crypto-currencies

What?

ECONOMIC CRASH
IT'S HAPPENING

you mean they are still artificially low

>coincucks
Have fun with your electric monopoly money. Surely one day it will be taken seriously lmao

its 15k a pop
this is not even trolling

oh boy! maybe they raise a whole half a percent

Who said Bitcoin was the best investment?

You guys with high credit card debt better get it under control. The average household debt is over $15.5K now, and they pay on average slightly less than $1K in interest alone...pay off your shit or your wallets are gonna get even more empty!

>DOUBLE
>TOP

meme not valid= less than at opening

Eh, if there is a recession from it in the next three years it will be a small, short one. Not all recessions are bad, and often serve the purpose of correcting market failures. I don't see that happening anyway with the tax cuts taking place in 2019 and corporate money hidden overseas coming back.

i know this isn't necessarily Sup Forums related but do you know much about how cryptos are regulated in Chile? I know you have one popular exchange, bitcoindelsur

Anything else to know or anything you might know?

It's going to be a red Christmas

Wow, the Jews want to cause a recession right before the midterms. Clever, but the Goyim know.

I would say its being taken seriously because its being traded at $16,000 USD you literal fucking retard.

Corporate money overseas coming back would cause severe inflation and thus they'd have to raise rates even higher.

The bull market on BTC started 2 years ago. The average is 4.5 years.
In late 2017 the US dollar went into bear market.
Technical analysis on Bitcoin looks fucking spectacular. The returns are staggering.

It's probably the best investment of a century. Don't bet against the market, get rich, it's that simple. You don't even have to pick your portfolio.

It's so fucking easy it's actually sickening.

You're stupid. Everything that you can invest in is electric monopoly money. But you don't get the same returns on anything else.

I don't need you to take me seriously, faggot. I just want my money, and the best part is that with Bitcoin futures, I'm going to get it even when it plunges down after reaching the peak.

>Oh Obama, you so hot. We won’t raise the interest rates for years
>Oh Trump, you so mean. Let’s raise the levels multiple times a year
AUDIT THE FED

The short end of the curve is going up but the long end is staying low. It’s actually lower now on the 30y UST than it was before the first hike. More than likely the curve inverts and we go into recession and start cutting again.

Poland, you don't have access to bitcoin futures. Now quit bullshitting.

It does not matter, he benefits from the underlying

JUST BOUGHT SOME MORE BITCOIN AND ETH.

JEWS BTFO

Fucking jews back at it again!

they won't crash the economy unless Democrats don't do well in 2018. if Trump is looking at reelection, they'll drown this whole country in blood before they let it happen again.

I do, I just have to pay the provision for investing overseas. This isn't the 80s anymore.

Have you tried trading that money back for fiat yet?

yes, it takes like half an hour to an hour.
Your point?

Yeah its called an exchange genius

What? If he owns bitcoin and the futures market tanks the bitcoin price, that doesn't help him any way! Where are all you new fags getting your info?

>If the futures market tanks
IF buddy.....IFFF

And you're qualified for opening a margin account at CBOE? Proof please!

Yeah? And where do they plan on spending that? Can't even offload it for fiat if you wanted. It's monopoly money.

>Cant even offload it for fiat
You just roll in from stupid town?

Yeah, and before it tanks the price, the market goes neutral and then you move to fiat.

You can only fuck it up if you misjudge the current trend, but it's not that hard to look at the fucking indicators.

Not an issue if you aren't a billionaire.

You do realize that all the futures boughten so far have been long contracts, and that means the exchange has had to take on the short side of the contracts. Do you really think the exchange is just going to lose their ass to a bunch of tards that don't understand margin trading?

Do you shills do any research at all or do you just shit out random stuff?

You can exchange any crypto currency for fiat at almost every single exchange.

> People have less money to invest
> This is good for something that relies on investment demand

I mean, you tried.

What's going to happen on December 18?

Not too worried about it. It will be invested in business operations more than golden parachutes. A high rate isn't a terrible thing to have in a booming economy. It makes people not through money around stupidly. I doubt the monetary velocity will change all that much outside the first 6 months of 2019 or however long that 10% rate for bringing money back lasts. Inflation does need to be reigned in. I'm no economist, but I know people who freak out over every rate increase no matter the situation have got it wrong. I was it was set by market forces more directly than it is now, by a sometimes political seeming Fed.

Nice logic man lmfao

I freak out when I have a $200 balance on my credit card.

Yes because unlike popular belief, a lot of whales are behind it

A high interest rate on the US$ because of foreign $'s coming in will cause us to have stagflation.

CME starts trading futures. CBOE started trading them last night though.

Hahahaha and even bigger "whales" own shares of these exchanges. Futures kill volatile trades. This will end bitcoins bull run.

>Economy
>Booming

Want to ask me why I think you're retarded?

>bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-11/investors-told-to-brace-for-steepest-rate-hikes-since-2006

>raise interest rates over 2% in a single go

Doubt'

Do you have data on the expected amount to come back in, and how fast? What's its size and how fast it will be spent? Its size relative to the total amount already in circulation? These are all serious questions btw. I haven't really looked into economic data like that in a few years and I'd like to see it. I'm sure business and the Fed are both already theriozing right now.

>t's monopoly money.

Many online retailers accept bitcoin as payment. If Bitcoin is monopoly money so is cash.

5% bull fucking shit you piece of shit faggot.

Lower volatility is not a bad thing. A lot of investment banks refuse to add bitcoin to their portfolios because of the terrible vol. And not to mention trading companies(real wolf of wall street companies) make their living off vol, and they love bitcoin. The future is bright my friend

>Have you tried trading that money back for fiat yet

Yep. Very easy. You can either do it through an exchange/wire transfer or do an in person exchange for cash. Last time I cashed out it took 15 minutes.

yeah, its a bubble

But bad for Trump. This WILL be blamed on him. I can already see liberals saying he bankrupted his companies and now he's bankrupted the nation.

Yes we all understand this. But until you are able to turn your massive gains into actual large amounts of cash it will always be a meme. Its like betting on a british bookies app, if you are never able to actually get paid, are you really winning?

Dude ffs I get tired of seeing these posts. You can convert BTC to fiat in 15 minutes, unless you are dealing with billions, you are fine. retard

he is, the article expects rates over 3 by 2019

> if you are never able to actually get paid, are you really winning?

But I have received a payout. Did you even read my post? Do you think bitcoin is impossible to sell or something? It's spike is literally driven by high demand. Price goes up because people are willing to buy it for said price. Does your brain even work? Cashing out is very easy and almost always successful unless you're a whale dumping thousands of bitcoin at a time.

It won't bankrupt the nation, it will put a lot of strain on the nation for sure but higher interest rate means more saving and less lending which is a good thing.

Ultimately we haven't recovered enough to take advantage of that though.

>raising interest rates
good. this 0% fed rate has fucked anybody who doesn't want to (((invest))) and just wants to save at a reasonable rate of return.

>he is,
he's what? wrong?
the graph shows almost 2% by the end of 2019

The only reason they're increasing interest is so they have somewhere to go for the next economic crash. jacking it up this high, this quickly mans its time to panic.

Could somebody explain this to me like I am five years old?
People like Stefan Molyneux have suggested that Bitcoin is a 'paradigm shift' and that it is now taking place? What does this mean?

I don't have anything on hand. I know that there has been active support through foreign central banks to support the US$ when foreign companies dump $'s though. If that support ever stops then we'll be screwed. I also know the Euro is designed to be a safe haven for those countries when the $ system ends.

basically buy crypto currencies or you are gonna be living like a pleb

Molyneux is implying that bitcoin and crypto's newfound popularity is a step towards moving away from central banking

Will I suffer if I wait? surely I can join in later.

I know, but that will be all we hear from Dems and the media for the rest of time.

I could see this happening, crashing the economy would make it more difficult for Trump to get re-elected. It would have to happen in 2019-202 though.

Ha. If bitcoin weren't volatile then none of you would have ever bought it. The 200% gains from this month will have to be undone for it to stabilize. If you want stability then you should have bought a diversified mutual fund. Futures are the end of bitcoins "bright" future.

just means that a good time to buy is coming. Im feeling bullish

>us govt. pension
>fixed rate mortgage
>no significant consumer credit debt
>not exposed to market
meh. I'm pretty stable so long as the government doesn't go down. If it does then I've got other useful skillsets.

America couldn't pay it's debt burden if interest rates go up that much

Not really surprising, the Fed had to do it as some point. But on the other hand it's going to buttfuck the average American like nothing else
wolfstreet.com/2017/12/11/how-fed-rate-hikes-impact-us-debt-slaves/

Anyways, keep your eyes on Auto loans, similar situation as housing in 08 these days
Also US oil industry is another one to watch, one bad day and they'll implode since they're so heavily debt saddled and they don't make a profit

No. IMO futures actually help

I read that it was 20$ not several years ago. Some rapper has been writing about it too. If Btc gets mentioned by Jay-z and Beyonce instead of dollar bills yo, go all in. Maybe they have, I don't listen to pop much.

Waiting won't help you. Bitcoin is going up, the indicators are positive, buy it and sell when the bull trend ends.

America was never going to pay its debt

>its 15k a pop
doesnt know about altcoins. kek

>predict average interest rates across advanced economies will climb to at least 1 percent next year
>JPMorgan projects its gauge to rise to 1.2 percent, a jump of more than half a percentage point from 0.68 percent at the end of this year.

wow, its almost like the goal of ~2% would be halfway there next year. stocks will drop by 3-4%, smart money buys cheap shares, prices regain in two months. wake me when they raise the interest rate 1% in ONE quarter, no 0.25% each quarter

Have you even looked at the long term graph before writing this post? Bitcoin isn't an aberration, its behaviour is surprisingly normal, but the return on investment is simply ridiculous.

The 200% gains won't be "undone", it's a part of a bull trend. Do you think that bull trends last 30 days? The last one lasted about 4 years, followed by a month of horizontal trend and a ~4 year long bear trend.

This shit is as standard as it gets, but the numbers are crazy. Give me one good reason why it's supposed to behave in an abnormal manner right now.

You don't have one. You just have your weird crystal ball. Here's a fun fact for you: the Mt Gox shitstorm didn't immediately crash it. It went into a one month long neutral trend.

What's confusing? Molyneux owns bitcoin and profits from convincing his audience to buy in before he cashes out

EVERYONE POST FYW TRUMP ACTIVATES EXECUTIVE ORDER 11110

Anyone who thinks BitCoin is viable is a fucking shill. It doesn't have any military power backing it, its only value is itself.

good time to be HODL

Bitcoin never had a 4 year bull market. And the one it's in now has lasted for about three years. What price did you honestly buy in at? I bought at $900 and ducked out at $6800. I won't even think about buying back in to any cryptos until it's down quite a bit from here.

Futures are at best neutral and at worst drive demand away from actually owning coins. This has been a philosophic debate among gold bulls for a while. The argument is that futures drives demand away from owning the physical asset who’s value is derived from scarcity. By existing the paper market creates a much larger supply of the asset while simultaneously driving investors away from owning the physical asset. The expectation is that this large amount of open interest subdued the price of the asset from what it otherwise would have been. The counter to this argument is that despite an increase in open interest for every long of a futures contract their has to be a seller making the net effect completely neutral. If the sellers are truly only exchanges then you can pretty much guarantee that they will fuck with the margin requirements to create selling pressure and unload their positions without taking a bath. Pic related.

its shit
not even wallets just a virtual investment
not much regulation at all tho

Exactly. CME and CBOE aren't going to just let a bunch of new speculators come and clean them out.

America can solve its debt problem through negative real interest rates. If inflation moves up and interest rates are kept subdued the debt will become very manageable quickly. It will basically be as if the fed implemented a debt tax on every cirizen.

yeah, what happens when liquid reserves dry up and credit interest increases? Whales sell and small time chads find out their return on investment is less than nil. ought to be lots of lulz on /biz

exactly

Oh, you're actually right. I missed the bear trend in 2011. I started going in at ~$5k and keep adding to it each month. My plan is to go full fiat as soon as it hits a neutral trend.

Why did you exit at $6800 though? The TA indicators are positive, I honestly have no clue what would have to happen for the neutral phase to be so short that it'd prevent me from cashing out with a massive profit.

Well im fucked then

I exited more due to the fact that these small wallet companies and exchanges could potentially just shut down or freeze up. I just wanted to be out of the way of any problems like that.