Could we have an 80's, 90's anime thread going on? What are you currently watching Sup Forums?

Could we have an 80's, 90's anime thread going on? What are you currently watching Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjkkqqDgu7RAhVLwYMKHRwwBO4QjRwIBw&url=https://zeiksanimereviews.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/macross-7-episode-23-sound-force/&bvm=bv.145822982,d.amc&psig=AFQjCNGkYu5Zu6k4ZQrrXAoS2bEmtHcNBQ&ust=1486008186492549
youtube.com/watch?v=PB1QwkhWjlg
youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

UY

I'm currently watching Yu Yu Hakusho and City Hunter.

Just rewatched Excel Saga, now watching Slayers.

Also always lazily rewatching Zeta Gundam.

Currently watching City Hunter. Pretty good so far, but 140 episodes will take me a while to get through.

Watching Slayers, it's really good.

Dr. Slump (original) subbed and Dr. Slump (remake) raw

Watching Space Adventure Cobra, Key the Metal Idol and ZZ Gundam~

Most of these belong on /m/

I'm watching AT votoms. It's totally rad, chirico is a CUTE

Have 8 more episodes on Patlabor, dunno what I'm going to watch afterwards.

Just started Turn A after watching all the Early UC. I don't know what to expect, since I just finished Unicorn and the hype is still there.

Rewatching Maison Ikkoku, where can I find subs for the movie/OVAs?

Started watching Ashita no Joe 2 after finishing the original series. I really love the better production value, but Nishi's new voice is throwing me off.

This
This
This

And pic related

The OVAs!

It's arguably the best series, there's just something special about it

sherlock hound is good shit

Serial Experiments Lain

Turn A is about the meta story of Gundam and how much Tomino hates it and takes pleasure in pissing all over it

Nice, I always wanted to know where that armor was from, but I never bothered asking.

I downloaded what's out of Ninku, seems like the subbers may have stopped though. I'll watch the 30 or so episodes that are put, then read the manga and watch the rest raw.

Cast in the name of God
Ye not guilty

On a bit of an 80s /m/ binge, currently a few episodes into Dancouga. This dude is made of equal parts of Wakamoto and FABULOUS.

Macross 7. Honestly only for Sivil

google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjkkqqDgu7RAhVLwYMKHRwwBO4QjRwIBw&url=https://zeiksanimereviews.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/macross-7-episode-23-sound-force/&bvm=bv.145822982,d.amc&psig=AFQjCNGkYu5Zu6k4ZQrrXAoS2bEmtHcNBQ&ust=1486008186492549

Whoops. Ignore the gibberish.

I thought Macross 7 was god awful. I got to the point where they reached the planet that the other ship failed to and I stopped.

Every episode was the same. Bad guys attack, head band goes out and plays music, bad guys run away.

It was like watching paint dry

Source please?
I really like that artstyle

Finished Gundam War in the Pocket.

Such a fucking nice break from Tomino's autistic writing. Like, wow, people interacting like genuine human beings.

That aside, it had couple of really well animated fights.

Al is DAMAGED for life, isn't he?

Same, I'm having trouble getting through it. Even Delta is better.

For what I've read it seems that you would love it or hate it.

No argument here, it was pretty fucking awful. I just liked Sivil.

Its very meta and very self aware. If you go into expecting a normal Gundam, you'll be very disappointed. Its basically Tomino vomiting out all of his complaints and irritations about the franchise. I liked it a lot.

Made especially rough considering how great Plus was, which proceeded it.

You're not going to enjoy Stardust Memory. If you haven't watched it of course

I wasn't even that big a Plus fan, outside of the sick graphics. 7 looks stunning too, it just is extremely uninteresting.

Goddamn that fight scene made me nostalgic. War in the Pocket was short but great. It's amazing how for an OVA, it told a much better story than some of the main 50 episode series with all its dragging filler bullshit.

That being said, 8th MS, War in the Pocket, and Stardust Memory were all fucking great.

I wish I could make space-elf vampires orgasm through music.

Have you tried listening to his song?

I actually really do like the music, complaints about the show aside. I'm fine listening to Planet Dance every episode.

Has there ever been a more glaring example of wasted potential than 0083?

Plus is one of my all time favorites. Obviously the animation is incredible, but I thought the characterization was excellent as well. The three leads were more interesting and written with depth by the end of the 2nd episode than most characters from shows with 24 eps.

ZZ.

First half was great, second half is a very rushed Z wannabe, Haman deserves much fucking better.

Cause Moon Moon and orange fights are what Gundam needs

I guess I just wasn't a big fan of the story or characters. Better than many others, sure, but it didn't have any of the charm of SDF. I say all this, but I don't think lowly of it at all; I've seen it many times and Sharon Apple's concert is seriously one of the coolest things I've seen animated.

I'm in the middle of Zeta, why is the plot fucking impossible to follow compared to MSG? I barely even understand what they're fighting about. I didn't even think they were in a shooting war in the beginning, and I have no idea how they transitioned into one.

Dunno the fuss about the Moon Moon 2-parter. It's just 2 episodes and Chara's fun autism as opposed to usual cyber Autism is, well, fun.

I will never get why people defend anything from ZZ. The comedic parts were a mess, the drama was a mess, every returning character gets shit on, and Judau was a fucking worthless dullard that just happens to be the most specialest newtype ever.

>Haman deserves much fucking better.
This guy knows.

>Chara's fun autism

Zeon lose to EF during One Year War. New corrupt elite group Titan forms within EF. Remaining Zeons form AEUG to fight back against Titan. That's the gist of it in the beginning and middle.

Wait till you get to the end with more sides appearing.

Well, I sort of get where you are coming from, I've been there.

Basically, Tomino went too far in turning everything upside down. Think of Char, now he's actually mentor figure and one of the protagonists when in MSG he was an antagonist.

Tomino tried to turn everything so upside down that he turned upside down the way he tells his story. In MSG we were discovering political environment with characters, we were first learning about them, then politics.

Here we are first introduced to politics instead and they are often driving force behind characters and their dramas.

All you really need to know is that Earth Federation is buncha cucks, Titans are the bad guys and AEUG are the good guys. Haman is the best

>the City Hunter live action movie with Jackie Chan

Picked up the Hana Yori Dango boxset recently so that's been my nightly show.

It's technically 70s but I'm going through Lupin III part 1. Plan on making my way through part 2 and 3 as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=PB1QwkhWjlg is one of the goofiest opening themes I've ever heard.

I love Part 1's soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg
LUPIN

HE'S AN ASS MAN

Everyone in Zeta is autistic

I understand what's going on in a literal sense, I'm just saying it's poorly established. All the major plot points so far haven't been grounded in any kind of significant explanation, like why did they attack Jaburo? It was sort of loosely implied that that would end the war, but it's obvious that was never the case, regardless of whether they had moved out of Jaburo or not. It just felt like an arbitrarily thrown together plot point so that they could develop the the characters more.

Which is okay. Zeta has much more nuanced characterization than MSG did, though MSG's was bolder and so far more effective. I just feel like the plot making sense is totally incidental in Zeta while it was a much higher priority in MSG. It's strange to me how different of a show it is in terms of its construction.

The soundtrack is arguably the most technically impressive part of the series. It's really smooth and feels really reminiscent of James Bond to me.

Vifam. Fuck Kents.

Personally, so far I think MSG is the best. I dunno, it just hit the right notes with me.

But I think I really need to rewatch Zeta to really appreciate it, because I could not get into it for like 17 episodes.

Best thing about Zeta is weirdly fashion

Oh, the design is fantastic all around. Just the mechanical in-cockpit design was a huge leap forward from MSG. It's so much more cinematic, the normal suits are cool as fuck, and all the little screens and doodads are beautiful. Went from everything looking goofy in MSG straight to cool as fuck in Zeta.

I'm only like halfway through Zeta but I already doubt that anything else in the canon is gonna be as good as MSG. It's a ridiculous statement because I haven't watched the rest of it yet, but the idea that anything is gonna top pic related or Texas just seems unlikely.

I finished Nadia recently. The last two episodes were great.

Sac is one of my al time favorites.

I think they actually removed duel with M'queve in the movies.

One of my favorite episodes was Amuro meeting his mom. An interesting angle about pacifism.

Same could be said about Amuro meeting his father. It's an obvious, but effective joke around how every mech MC gets a mech from their crazy scientist relative. Well, Amuro's dad is so cuhrazy he lives in a junkyard without giving a single fuck about his family.

Looks like you got yourself caught, geekboy.

Now handover the gameboy

Show?

Seriously?

I hope these are memesmen.

I can't decide between Clancy and Kumagami, they're both so good.

pls pee on me, Larry!

Nagumo > both of them. Her smile is the miracle of the universe.

I'm gonna miss this show when it's over.

Notes explaining references like that are so fucking stupid.

Nah man they're great. You're just a faggot.

Fair point.

Fuck now I feel bad.

Don't feel bad friend, have a loving tomboy.

which part of the black jack OVA did you guys like? the one when the kid was turning into a tree was pretty neat tbqh

I've been trying to finish up Tenshi Universe, i'm enjoying it so far. I'd only ever watched the OVAs before so it's almost totally new experience for me.

don't forget to watch the movies afterwords

Is that a jojo reference?

Crunchyroll recently got their hands on Samurai Troopers, haven't watched it since the Toonami dub so I'm enjoying it subbed. Yes I pay, no fucks given.

they were all pretty great, hard to pick

Started rewatching Slayers yesterday.
Patlabor and Sailor Moon are next on the list.

Shit's hype as fuck. I've watched this like several times.

You're a disgusting degenerate.

I really liked the heroine of iria zeiram.

cool world
good action
great music.

Such an awful case of "we ran out of money to deliver you great first half!"

Fist of the North Star

I'm glad I finally got around to watching Dragon's Heaven. I love the robots' weird designs and wish there was more animated stuff of it.

need a manga where some classy showa era 70s,80s girl lands in CURRENT YEAR japan with all the betas mcs and falls in love with the hot blooded "loser" all the beat mcs are friends with and look down upon. also interactions with all the new girl trope characters.