>Daily reminder that Christianity is the ultimate whitepill
>Daily reminder that Christians are God's chosen people
>VENI veni, Emmanuel
captivum solve Israel,
qui gemit in exsilio,
privatus Dei Filio.
R: Gaude! Gaude! Emmanuel,
nascetur pro te Israel!

>Pope Francis discussion Greek experts needed. Is he right?
>beta.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-vatican-our-father-20171208-story.html

>Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Finished Washington DC
>usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/12/09/after-century-largest-catholic-church-north-america-finally-complete/937410001/
>New Cardinal
cruxnow.com/global-church/2017/12/07/swedens-catholic-minority-shows-church-can-thrive-secular-society/

Other urls found in this thread:

jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Roman Catholicism/catholic_heresies-a_list.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_ordinariate
youtube.com/watch?v=6YAkRlwz4lk
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

papists will burn in Hell.

>2911330▶
>papists will burn in Hell.
KEK. Butthurt Baptist spotted. Please tell me more about ho pastor Jim resurrected Christianity (ps, he didnt)

I don't know who pastor Jim is, papism is a sickness it's false man made doctrine that got introduced over two thousand years, yet papists are brainwashed into believing their church is the original, unchanged even. Oh but then they'll say ignore Vatican II, why not ignore all the false man made doctrine the church introduced? Why stop at the 60's oh yeah because Sup Forums is retarded and just cares about "muh based 1950's"

>Introduced over 2000 years ago
Just under actually, more like 1980 some

>Man Made
>Listening to the appointed successors of the twelve apostles is a bad thing.

>Vatican II
Not an infallible council, a fixable mistake (Pastoral councils are not considered to be dogmatically binding, but the left wing of the Church wont tell you that)

>Why stop at the 60s?
Honestly, I dont. The Church was in need of reform then too, just not the reforms needed now. Why would I throw away nearly 2000 years of tradition going all the way back to the apostles?

jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Roman Catholicism/catholic_heresies-a_list.htm

Will jews burn in hell? The way I remember Christ said no one would enter the kingdom of heaven if not through him. So everyone not christian is auto-dq'd right? The "muh chosen people" thing is just a meme right?

Talmudists, a modern religion created after the death of Christ has NOTHING to do with the Old Testament, they're a cult tha denies history and common sense. The Jews of the bible, those are what we call Christians in this modern age, we're the chosen people not the Talmudists who killed Gods son

>jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Roman Catholicism/catholic_heresies-a_list.htm
>Gives a link.
>Link is entirely unacedemic and prostelitzing
>no references in Link
>Guy writing the stuff clearly doesnt know what he is talking about
>Takes the earliest dates he can find of the open practice of Christianity and says that anything that we have records of is heresy.
>try harder

Probably.

i went to my local church to ask about becoming catholic because im tired of lackadaisical episcopalians (which i was raised). he told me to go talk to an episcopalian priest first before hell "feel good" about talking to me about catholicism.

So basically jews after Christ's death are just larping on actual jews?

Okay, so you don't pray the rosary? You don't pray to saints? You don't believe in purgatory? You don't call the priest father? You don't believe in papal infallibility? My bad, I thought you were a Catholic

Yes, they're the synagogue of satan they say they're Jews but they lie. This is how they attack Christians, they say nonesense like Durr you worship a dead kike on a stick, well no Jesus isn't a kike he's not a Talmudists he spoke out against the Jews man made doctrine which they eventually recorded in the Talmud.

Find an Aglican Ordinariate Parish. Very Based and also your people. The Church in (most dioces of) America is in a very bad state, but the Anglican crossover Parishes are supposed to generally be awesome.

Yeah i do all of those things. They are not heresy, they are traditions passed down and confirmed by the successors of the apostles.

I can second this. I'm a member of an Anglican parish and its great. Don't become a papist just because the broad Episcopal Church has gone liberal.

>"Call no man father"
>Taking that whole passage out of context where its about not receiving titles without recognizing that they come from God.
>The Gospel of Matthew and Luke have the genealogy of Jesus which means he is the son of David
>Contradicts "honor thy mother and father"

I was literally telling him to become a papist.

>"Upon this rock I will build my Church"
>Taking that whole passage out of context when its actually about building the Church upon a foundation of faith rather than a single man
>The writings of Paul and the language of Christ continually support the idea of a confession of faith being the most important part about salvation. i. e. no one comes to the father except by me

Just wanted to point out that all your theology can fall into the above scrutiny as well. I don't dislike Catholicism because it believes in notions like the papacy, I dislike it because it believes all their poor interpretation is arrogantly wise despite being paper thin.

Yes, that's my bad. I thought I saw you say continuing Anglican but I realized you meant the Anglican convert parishes.

Disregard my above post.

user just a find a continuing Anglican parish that is not with the Episcopal Church.

personal ordinariate for former Anglicans, High Church Anglicans who converted, their priests were reordained as Catholic (ie they have valid apostolic succession) they use the book of common prayer with slight modification to the Eucharistic prayer and follow all the Anglican traditions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_ordinariate

>pray the rosary
Matthew 6:7
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

>pray to Saints
Deuteronomy 18:10-11
There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

>purgatory
Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

>call the priest father
Matthew 23:9
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven

>papal infallibility
Ecclesiastes 7:20
For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

youtube.com/watch?v=6YAkRlwz4lk

>vain repititions
Since when is Quoting scripture [Hail Mary(Luke 1;28) full of Grace (Luke 1:48) the Lord is with you (Luke 1:28) Blessed are you among women; (John 1:14 )] Saying that jesus came from Mary's womb and is a blessed person (Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus) asking Christ's mother to intercede for us (Holy Mary mother of God Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death), saying the our Father and the Glory be (Glory be to the father the son and the holy spirit as in was in the beginning is now and ever shall be) At all heretical or, More importantly, Vain?

>Pray to the saints
Ever asked a friend to pray for you?
You mean ask for the intersession of holy men, as you would ask a friend to pray for you? We ask saints to intercede for us with Christ. I really don't get prot sperging on this. They are not witches, why are you even using that verse?

>Agreed, those people go to hell, unless they repent. They logic for the Catholic understanding of purgatory lies in the prayers for the dead in Maccabees. You cant pray for someone who is in hell. They are screwed.

>Call the preist father
Do you call your father father? Is he a man? HERETIC. But seriously, its just a title of respect towards an elder of the community, like calling an old guy grandpa.

>Papal infallability
Nobody ever said that the Pope doesnt sin.

Please post Matthew 16:17-18 in its entirety next time.
"Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give thee the keys of the kingdom of Heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven."

There's a reason why Jesus renamed Simon to Peter. Peter means rock.

The message of the Christ and St. Paul is to believe AND obey Christ. Not just believe in Him, but to obey Him as well.
Hebrews 5:9- “And being made perfect, he [Jesus] became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.”
Matthew 16:27- “For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.”
1 Corinthians 13:1-2- “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.”
Matthew 12:36-37- “But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.”

The Bible proves that you need faith and works to be saved. If you were believe that only works saved you, you'd be the same as Jews.

Well first of all who are you praying to when you say this? Repeating Hail Mary over and over and over again, what are you accomplishing with this? It's just like them muhammedan chants when they pray, it's completely meaningless. Pray to God don't just chant the scripture, you don't need to repeat yourself dozens of times, you're insulting God by doing this, he heard you the first time.

Pray FOR you not TO you, how is praying to Saint Nick the same thing as praying for a friend to have good health? It's not at all, you pray to God, the saints can't communicate to God for you only Jesus can
I don't call him father as a title, a priest isn't my father, he's taking the title away from God. There's a difference, the bible refers to your dad as your father that's okay, because it's not the title father. Get it?
Well he's never wrong apparently
If your papist beliefs are correct show me scripture to back it up

Former Protestant here...
I'm so thankful God's Spirit led me into the fullness of the faith -- the Roman Catholic Church.
I especially thank him for the rosary, which has increased my devotion to Jesus. It really is the most miraculous, Christ-centered, Christ-exalting form of prayer.

>Pray FOR you not TO you, how is praying to Saint Nick the same thing as praying for a friend to have good health?
Asking someone to pray for you is a perfectly acceptable practice. Saints are people in heaven. I don't see the problem. Again "pray for us sinners" How is that at all unacceptable?

>It's not at all, you pray to God, the saints can't communicate to God for you only Jesus can
Jesus is God. Check your Arian Heresy.

>8"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
He is very obviously Talking about the apostles being humble, rather than using the word father or teacher or proffessor. you guys are taking it out of context and being picky on a very minor point

>"Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give thee the keys of the kingdom of Heaven; and whatever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven."

>But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

The thing that always gets me about this verse is how it's actually anti-Protestant. Jesus plainly tells me NOT to set up teachers for themselves on earth.
Yet what do Protestants do?
See the attached image for an example.
They'll follow any number of random celebrities or random people who felt a vague "calling to the ministry" and set them up as teachers of the faith.
THAT is what Jesus is condemning. I'm not supposed to let some random Joe Blow who is a Reverend at the Baptist Church down the street tell me what it means to be a Christian. I'm not to let some celebrity pastor like Steven Anderson explain the faith to me.

>papism is a sickness it's false man made doctrine
and listening to the retarded ramblings of a professional con-artist you call "Pastor" isn't?

Are there certain Protestant sects that Catholics value above others? Any you guys particularly hate?

Baptists are the worst theologically, Methodists and Episcopalians have been coming up quick with their love of faggots

I took some advice on here and started going to catholic church. When will I know when I'm ready to officially join the church?

Talk to the Priest. Catechumens are normally brought into the church at Easter.

God bless everyone in this thread.

>tfw melkites still like me

You would do RCIA before fully joining... but keep reading or listening to Catholic radio and praying. Its not an easy transition but doing right and finding truth are worth the effort.

I lolled at this

you too user

i don't like the curse word but it gets the cathocucks triggered.

Thanks man

God bless

Repent Schismatic. The Filioque is simply a translation issue and it also logically follows. But yeah that was hilarious.

tell me more about unity

Tell that to the goofy two finger russian dudes

ok enough memes

we should work on that union, but don't expect us to s-submit to rome

It will probably take the destruction of one of the churches or the second coming to reslove the dispute, but Pic in the OP is related. Pray for unity with me bro. Do an our father from different parts of the world?

>why did the jews not include Slavonic in unicode

but here it goes:
Our Father who art in Heaven

Hallowed be thy name

thy kingdom come

Thy will be done

On earth as it is in heaven

Give us today our daily bread

And forgive us our trespasses

and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

and lead us not into temptation

lead us not unto temptation

but deliver us from the evil one

AMEN
DEO GRATIAS

Amen I say to you amen

back to memes now

Unrelated, but funny

hue

Contributing memes

the last brain stage should be this