Shounen Jump Issue 10

Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Haikyuu!!
One Piece
Boku no Hero Academia (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Shokugeki no Souma
Black Clover (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Gintama
Spring Weapon Number One
Yakusoku no Neverland (CP)
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Ole Golazo
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (CP)
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Demon's Plan

Shounen Jumpe Issue 11:
Cover, Lead CP: U19 (New Series)
CP: Haikyuu!!, Hinomaru Zumou, Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Extra Page: Seuji wo Pin! to (end)

Pure Rankings

01 Haikyu c.233
02 One Piece c.848
03 Kimetsu c.41
04 Soma c.194
05 Hinomaru c.124
06 Yuna-san c.42
07 Gintama c.615
08 No.01 c.8
09 Sesuji c.78
10 Samon-kun c.60
11 Ole Golazo c.2
12 Saiki c.223
13 Amalgam c.9
14 Demon's Plan c.3

>08 No.01 c.8
Holy shit, Spring Weapon's going to survive instead of Sesuji, what a bad decision on the editors' part.

let's wait for volumes sales which are coming out in 2 days

would it even matter, gag series aren't expected to sell well, isobee hasn't cracked the top 50 manga sales in almost a year.

all it matter is if it better than the 30k club

>Extra Page: Seuji wo Pin! to (end)
We all saw this coming but I'm still mad.

The festival arc in Yuuna was pretty good.

Man I actually liked this manga. I can't imagine Yoko ending it like this on purpose. Was it selling that bad?

More romance shit?

Oh.

>After this round all of Samon's cushions will be gone
I'm starring to get worried

>Sesuji ending
Expected but I'm surprised it's going before Amalgam

>Spring Weapon No.1
Intresting that it had a boost in rankings, but if they already planned to cancel it this round it'll be too little too late. But considering it had a CP not long ago maybe Jump was planning keep it all along?

If Spring Weapon doesn't get canceled then
>Sesuji
>Amalgam
>Ole Golazo
>Demon's Plan
>Red Sprite replacement

That's 5, so Spring Weapon's fate may depend on if World Trigger will come back anytime soon.

>The manga centers on Yuiga, a student studying for his college entrance exams. One day two beautiful young women appear before him.

yes

Well at least it gets to go out without having ever gone to shit? Still though, rankings slipping during the tournament arc is further proof that Japs have no taste.

>03 Kimetsu c.41
Nice, I'm really glad for Kimetsu.

>Seuji wo Pin! to (end)
wake me up inside

It's pretty much the worst selling series in the mag besides Isobe.

22,027 (**3)┃Sesuji #5
*18,543 (**3)┃Sesuji #8

Just watch them ax Samon and keep Spring Weapon.

How are we all gonna feel when Neverland inevitably introduces powers and turns into a battle manga?

I wish Samon would get translated again. I was really enjoying it.

Good, Spring Weapon is funnier than Samon

No power up

but I predict it will turn to giant mecha vs demons manga in the future

>I wish Samon would get scanlated again
ftfy

>Spring Weapon is funnier than Samon
Oh boy, I can't wait for it to be 50 chapters behind for all eternity

how very original

>11 Ole Golazo c.2
>Higher than last week
Can it keep going? Is it possible to claw its way out of the axed pit?

>03 Kimetsu c.41
Nice. Hope Kimetsu stays up there, and maybe it'll get an anime at some point.
>10 Samon-kun c.60
LIVE

I'm seriously amazed that Hinomaru Zumou is still running. Is it a decently popular series?

average rankings over past 8 issues

01.39 One Piece
02.08 Hero Academia
03.35 Black Clover
03.69 Haikyu
04.35 Kimetsu
04.73 Neverland
07.54 Hinomaru
07.75 Sesuji
08.71 Yuna-san
08.73 Soma
10.27 Saiki
10.37 Samon-kun
10.83 Gintama
12.16 No.01
12.89 Ole Golazo
14.40 Amalgam
14.58 Demon's Plan

>07.75 Sesuji
If it's firmly in the middle, why did it get axed?

sales are shit

It sells a bit more than the absolute bottom like Sesuji as well as ranks decently. I feel like Sumo's (The actual sport) resurgence in popularity over the last year has helped out too

Shouldn't have used midgets.

these decisions are made 2-3 months in advance. and 10 weeks ago, sesuji was in the dumps during the seniors' match.

There's only two possible choice
>It was selling so bad that despite it decent ranking Jump decide to cancel it.
>The mangaka had no desire to keep on continuing the story and simply wanted to move on and work on a new project.

I got my money that jump axed it.

This could be interesting if they focus on the college aspect but that's doubtful. I expect this to get cancelled next round

No one has picked it up for translation so it's well on it's way to Samon status. It's okay but nothing special, I liked the 3 chapter Viz translated of it but I'm not itching for more. Samon is better imo

It ranks well but sells like shit, only Sesuji, Isobee, and Samon sell worse (and maybe Kimetsu?) I'm shocked they haven't announced an anime for it yet

It's the worst selling thing in the magazine besides Isobee, and the rankings were at the bottom for a good while until recently. I imagine the decision to cancel it was made when the rankings were at the bottom.

You can thank Sup Forums for memeing the midgets into not being midgets

I think he ended the story where wanted it to end to be honest

Not like it hasn't happened before (Samon, for example) so it is possible, yes. Let's hope it actually does.

What hurts the most is that it ended right as it was finally gaining interest thanks to the scans being on the verge of catching up. But at least we had that one really cool thread a week or two ago to commemorate the moment.

I would literally bomb Shueisha HQ if that happens

2ch memes power

someone started a thread about Samon mangaka writing an Idol Master manga (which they liked) and started a campaign called "let's save Samon"

and they did

Ole Golazo doesn't have meme magic

What's the general 2ch opinion on something like Sesuji?

It wouldn't be fair to compare Spring Weapon to Samon at this point in time, but I will say that I found the first three chapters of Samon to be more interesting than what I saw from SW.

I'll give it a chance if it ever gets translated, though.

How much does Kimetsu and Sumo sell per volume?

*21815 (3 days) - Kimetsu 4
21,210 (3 days)┃Hinomaru 12

haven't really been being attention to it

Goddammit

Jump will only get rid of 4 series. Sesuji, Amalgam, Demon's Plan, and Ole Golazo are gone, then with the addition of 6 new ones, Jump would be at 19.5 series, meaning enough room for one of World Trigger or Hunter to come back at any time.

And that's why you should listen to your readers.

>Shounen Jumpe Issue 11:
>CP: Hinomaru Zumou

Just proves that rankings > vol sales

I expect an anime in 2018, it will revive the sumo industry itself.

None of these new series look particularly good desu.

What did the readers say? Shorten the tournament arc?

>04.35 Kimetsu
>04.73 Neverland
Kimetsu beat out Neverland, incredible comeback.

>10 Samon-kun c.60
Samon's finally out of its poorly received battle arc, and its rankings haven't bounced back yet, a bit worrying. If it doesn't rebound soon, it's going to suffer the same fate as Sesuji in 2-3 months.

"Hungry Marie looks like it could be fun" is what I would say if it wasn't from the creator of Beelzebub. Dr. Stone should be great art-wise and ES21 was great so I'd be amazed if it's not at least decent. Robot x Lazerbeam, I'd like to read but it probably won't get scanlated.

Shokugeki's bouncing back pretty solidly.

>04.35 Kimetsu
Fuck yeah. Glad this is starting to gain traction.

>14.40 Amalgam
>14.58 Demon's Plan
Ouch, just 3 weeks ranked and it's averaging lower than Amalgam.

I mean, have you read it?

it deserves to be

Different user, but I dropped it halfway through the first chapter.

The only thing Amalgam has over Demon's Plan is the art, but it's something. They're both pretty crap.

I'd like to see that Golem one-shot that was published recently try for serialization. I liked the art and the setting.

I got about halfway through it, guessed all the plot points, skipped through it, found I'd gotten them all right, and never read any further. The art is okay, but the story is very, very generic.

are you kidding me, that shit was paint by numbers battle shounen

Viz's anniversary announcement in a nutshell

>It's a gag manga so it should be OK
>Its sales are shit so it shouldn't be OK

Which one do I believe?

just look at isobee, it's getting a whole bunch of adaptations, live-action and animated, and it sells worst in the magazine. if you're a gag manga it doesn't matter how you sell.

isobee is clearly an exception as it's exempt from rankings, no reason to think other series get the same treatment just because they're in the same genre

The art was nice, I liked the MC, and the author put it together well. It's certainly better than the likes of Amalgam and Demon's Plan. Not revolutionary or the next big thing but entertaining all the same.

Just because it isn't ranked, doesn't m,ean we can't look at its volume sales, which have failed to crack the top 50 for the past 9 months, outside of the quickly cancelled ones, Isobe is the worst-selling manga in Jump, yet it enjoys great success despite that.

now that Sesuji's fate is sealed, do you think it was a rushed but natural end or an outright cancellation? asking since the tournament arc really felt conclusive and satisfying, i think Yokota could have ended it right then and there, but Jump gave him a grace period to end on a multi-chapter timeskip epilogue instead.

>If it doesn't rebound soon, it's going to suffer the same fate as Sesuji in 2-3 months.
The mangaka is already preparing for the end. As it is now, the hijinks can keep getting stretched out indefinitely, or the whole thing can be wrapped up within 2 or 3 chapters.

Sales and rankings still matter, but because it's a gag manga they matter less than they would for an action series. It has more leeway to suck, basically.

>the tournament arc really felt conclusive and satisfying
That's how I felt about that arc. As much as I'd like to see the characters doing more fun things together, it might feel redundant since there's really nothing else they can build up to that can top the tournament in terms of scale and intensity.

Going to guess cancellation. There was damn sure more story to tell inbetween the tournament and third year. Doing a time skip out of nowhere leaves to believe he got the call to wrap it up.

It would have been nice to see more, but the tournament was a good point to end, and the epilogue is a decent way to wrap things up. I still wish it had kept going though. Especially since scanlations were finally catching up.

>the whole thing can be wrapped up within 2 or 3 chapters.
Based on what the story has told us, I think he'd need at least as many chapters as the Mastema arc to pull off a semi-serious finale that includes both Samon displaying some kind of incredible act of godlike power and Tesshi somehow falling into hell

>inb4 "falling into hell" is a metaphor

At first I thought it was just a metaphor for how her life sort of sucked with Samon harassing her all the time, but since she keeps says it even after Samon gave up for the most part, it would be a pretty big cop out if the author doesn't follow through

It seemed like all there was to Sesuji was, training arcs which segued to tournaments. It would have been nice if perhaps there were more relationship building outside the dancing halls in between these two (of just training and competing). I'm not saying, that they should have shove a bunch a romance and dates and stuff, but it would have been nice not seeing Afro ape man ramble on about his passion for dance. His story really ate up the whole manga.

I wanted the midgets to be even closer...

It's a metaphor for how shitty dating Samon is.

Doigaki/Rio and the drama surrounding them at the tournament was literally the second best thing in the series after the Jinguuji/Kinryuuin chapter and just ahead of the midgets. The bigger problem was that all the good characters danced Standard. The Latin stuff is showing that Yamaki/Akiko are probably the weakest characters in the series. It says a lot that the Michikage/Naomi chapter made me care far more about what happens to them than I do Yamaki and Akiko.

That's also another reason I'm guessing it's a cancellation and not the author ending it of his own volition though. Tsuchiya/Watari are the POV characters but not necessarily the "main" characters. It very quickly moved into an ensemble thing where the entire club itself (and beyond) are the MCs. So showing the founders graduating, how the other characters continue to develop with them gone, how the non Shika High characters evolve, etc., there's still a lot that can be told.

Lots of nice things being said about Sesuji, to all of you who enjoyed it and want another great manga about dancing I highly recommend Tetsugaku Letra. It's short, sweet, and has some great art.

we're never going to get a proper romance in jump, that's just how it is

Looks cool, thanks.

It was at a point where I would be okay with it ending honestly, so I'm not as mad as I thought I would be. At least after having a few weeks to think about it.

Neverland (and Yuuna) sells more tanks, tho.

In Ichigo 100% they dated, DATED for like 6 volumes.

I'll give it a try but really it's the charm of the cast that makes me like the series moreso than what it's about. It could be a series about CPAs or people who race RC cars or something and if it was otherwise written with the same sort of style I'd be into it.

Yuuna has uncensored tanks and Neverland had an incredibly strong start compared to Kimetsu which really didn't pick up until the spider arc. Not saying Kimetsu will ever surpass them, but it's definitely gotten a lot more popular since that arc.

Neverland spoilers from mangahelped, judging on the intesity of the content I'd take with a grain of salt but they've always seem to be correct
>Mama tells Emma and Norman to cut their bullshit
>she knows they plan to escape and tell them it's futile
>they should just accept their fates and until then live a peaceful life in her happy play pretend orphanage
>kids get cocky because mama intends to not ship them out early
>they decide to force the completion of the investigation
>Emma goes up and hugs Mama
>Norman heads for the wall to investigate
>Mama breaks Emma's leg and then declares that Norman will be shipped off tommorrow

Sesuji needs 3 more chapters to fill out the final volume

At least spoiler it

>Kimetsu no Yaiba
Great.

>Ole Golazo higher
Please survive.

Heh.

>Seuji wo Pin! to (end)
noooooooooooooooo

The (end) isn't confirmed

not necessary

Black Clover handles female characters better than HeroAca.

checkem.

If Spring Weapon doesn't get axed then they'll have another 30k seller

30k club high score on Oricon so far

│*19437 (3)│*35712│------│------│------┃*,*35,712 (*10)┃2016/09|火ノ丸相撲 11

Neverland Spoiler

Isabella handles the situation as 'Keeper' instead of Mother.
Isabella: I genuinely loved you as if you were my own children. So any sort of useless resistance is uncalled for. You had a warm home and devoured delicious meals. You never knew what hunger or the cold is. So just go die satisfied. How the hell is this a bad thing? I want you five to be happy during the time you've got left.
However Norman notices something odd about Isabella's speech to Emma. Ray's deal is over. Isabella is trying to handle the situation alone fom here on out. Emma and Norman remember that she can't ship them out instantly and they need to do the preliminary inspection. Emma hugs Isabella while Norman gets the rope and runs to the wall. But in the next moment, Isabella breaks the hugging Emma's leg.
She proceeds to speak to Norman: I'll ship you out tomorrow.