President orders NASA to send astronauts back to the moon

>Trump signed a directive that formally orders NASA to send humans back to the moon. The object of the lunar mission will then be to build a foundation needed to send humans onto Mars. Buzz Aldrin, the second man to walk on the moon, attended the event, as did Apollo astronaut and former senator Jack Schmitt.

theburningplatform.com/

We're going back to the moon boys!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=43TG54GxUxQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_NASA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah and bush ordered them to Mars, all talk no substance. The capability and experience and ability of NASA are all gone to the private sector.

t. former NASA battery engineer

>tfw 0g sex with Aryan waifu

>implying NASA can do anything
space belongs to le based south african and the're nothing you can do about it

>back
lol

wait, you're not saying that NASA is now an expensive, poorly led, low performance jobs program for minority females like the US military is now, are you?

Literally deporting people to other planets.

Whats the mexico of space?

Wouldn't the earth look bigger from the moon?

And we'd probably have to start with the education system.

>wants to colonize other worlds just to destroy them like we do this one

humanity in a nutshell

Hopefully Dr. Schmitt (the only geologist or professional scientist to walk on another celestial body) crashed the mike and started talking mad shit about Global Warming Shills, as per usual. That guy is a fucking madman.

write a children's book with cute little moon rocks that get polluted and sad. You'll convince some liberals.

>Earth first!
>We'll get to the rest of the planets later.

you serious with that pic m8?

Soooo....what's wrong with it?

the dark side of the moon

nothing m8

This is pretty cool too.

I'll be waiting

helium3 baby.gonna mine dat sheeeeit
trump also signed a no niggers no muslim clause for the moon.stated"we are adults trying to accomplish something,dont need a bunch of bullshit up there"

Those rockets had some horsepower.

When are we sending asstronauts to Uranus?

Anyone who's following space news right now knows that pretty much everything the federal government does in regards to space is a big fucking joke.

pretty muhc,

Government: go to the moon
NASA: with what money?

just stay away from neptune and the ayylmaos won't get upset

Mars Direct is the way to go. Mars has useful raw materials and fertile soil.

youtube.com/watch?v=43TG54GxUxQ

when trump kicks you out the airlock.you will then open your fag fisted sag hole to its limit and will get ass fucked by the ship.burn up upon reentry

>ends at 2012

> 1/8 the 1969 budget
> Modern technology makes everything 8x easier
> Zero trips to the moon
???

yeah, when Obama made even more cuts to NASA's budget to give more money to the neets

SPACE ELEVATOR WHEN

Percentage of federal budget doesn't really tell me that they are underfunded.

Perfect white Mars colony when

those F1s are beautiful machines

AIN'T NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT

Earth first, make Mars our bitch!

>We're going back to the moon boys!!!!

This is a sham.
No timeline.
No commitment of money.
Will be used to divert money from climate research.

Do you really expect to keep a promise?

>send back

fuck outta here, we never went there.

yeah, but rockets still cost millions of dollars.

>back
Trump didn’t say this.

>they aren't under funded
>haven't been to the moon since 72
>they aren't underfunded..but my NEET bucks are cut NASA's budget and give me more gibs!

I thought Trump was all about privateering space exploration.

Looks like a box of crayons

yes.
But nice try shareblue

OP what the fuck happened to your link

Don't click this shit

But, I'm obsessed with Uranus, liquid hydrogen as fuel.

Perhaps they are underfunded and get cut but your graph doesn't prove that. It just says that nasas budget didnt get inflated alongside the rest of government.

>desperate government spending
more fluff over substance

Watch the one where the flame turns invisible, so sexy.

The one with sound is so sexy, when the flame become invisible, jizz

And Elon Musk? Fine, thanks.

>promises to slash the debt
>spends billions on this shit

You can privateer it all you want but that doesn't mean your own government cannot get involved with funding/development, etc.

>tfw space is just going to become one big australia with cunts everywhere

>Mars Direct is the way to go. Mars has useful raw materials and fertile soil.
Mars is trapped underneath an asshole of a gravity well. It has nothing usefull for humans. It does not have enough of an atmosphere or enough water to justify it as a colonization target.

We will colonize the moon and asteroids first. Large rotating habitats will keep us healthy. Oxygen will be a byproduct from smelting ores into resources. Zubrin is the biggest faggot ever to walk the earth he killed the moon plans out of spite setting our space development back more than a decade.

Proportion to GDP would be a better metric. Or even total funding in inflation adjusted dollars.

NASA has been more focused on earth science and building extremely over priced rockets that get canceled than doing anything productive.

>NASA accomplishing anything in the present day

there better be no white males on that spaceship

>spending billions on space
>instead of welfare queens with five kids
what's the problem here bucko?

i lol'd

I think that space agencies should receive more funding (or just leave it to private enterprise), but looking at the NASA budget as a proportion of the total budget is misleading.

This is because the GDP of the USA has increased since 1966, and therefore the actual amount of money being devoted to NASA is probably higher than the graph indicates.

God I love the Danes for making that set, it's one of the better ones to come from lego in some time.

>Implying that's a bad thing

George Bush signed the same thing as well...then Obama for Mars

Criminally underated.

>Trump signed a directive that formally orders NASA to send humans back to the moon.

based

what is focal length

Yeah, I just looked up the numbers on wikipedia, and although the funding at the moment is lower in terms of total money spent than in the past, the graph is still misleading.

E.g. Money in millions, accounting for 2014 inflation is:

1966: 43,554$
2010: 20,423$

So that's still only half of what NASA received in its heyday, but that's with modern day technology.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_NASA

you ask too many questions

Holy shit, the madman is calling their bluff!

Inb4 Nasa now has to admit they LIED! ...Obama should have kept his coon mouth shut and not made a fool out of POTUS Trump!

nice

That's how it reads to me too, like he's trolling them. You'd expect "we" or "America" will go back to the moon in X years. Not "ordered NASA to do it." Odd wording.

Indeedirino! This gunna be gud..

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee
Moon Hoaxers BTFO

>the equivalent distance in a compound lens or telescope
this pic was not taken with a telescopic or compound lens, faggot

Right now, just to get to the ISS we have to pay for rides on Russian rockets.
The main metrics used to be able to call yourself a Superpower are, a strong economy (large middle class), at least a handful of nukes and a way to deliver them, and manned spaceflight.
Only Russia and China have manned spaceflight...WE DON'T!
Thank you Russia for letting us ride on your rockets to the ISS.
pic related.

That's actually fairly big.

And how much do you southern Canadians spend on space?

I know we give you money for the deep space network but what are you actually doing on your own?

When President Kennedy committed America to go to the moon he set a deadline and got the cash to do the job. Trump just hopes to distract us from the atrocity that is his presidency and our pending environmental collapse.

paint me an Abrams glossy black, I'll ride in the commander's cuppola and let marines ride on top of it like the old days, but no SS goys allowed

Why do shills like you even come here? Are you actually getting paid to shitpost or do you just enjoy the cognitive dissidence your forced to endure?

I've always found it weird how many people on Sup Forums think the Apollo program was a hoax, when it's a perfect demonstration of the superiority of European civilization.

>During history leading up to the mid-1960s western civilization pulls humanity forward, taming nature with industrialization, electricity, harnessing the power of the atom and finally culminating in the pinnacle of human achievement, literally walking on the face of another world
>Mid-1960s onward sees the rising influence of hippies, Marxists, increasing power for minorities and the decline in power of traditional western ideals and culture
>Instead of humanity fulfilling its destiny among the stars, it falls into degeneracy and everything basically goes downhill from there

Oy vey, I'm sure it was all just a coincidence.. in fact, such a backwards and racist culture could never have achieved such things, they must have faked it!

Just sad that people deny their heritage and what humanity is capable of.

WE
WILL
UNLOCK
THE
MYSTERIES
OF
TIME
AND
SPACE

“We're going to win so much. You're going to get tired of winning. you’re going to say, ‘Please Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don't win so much. This is getting terrible.’ And I'm going to say, ‘No, we have to make America great again.’ You're gonna say, ‘Please.’ I said, ‘Nope, nope. We're gonna keep winning.’

The half nigger nixed that, otherwise we would have returned to the moon this year.

That seems like the hardest possible way to do what they're trying to do. SpaceX did it right. Fly up as high as you can and then kick on the jets to push you out into space.
Seems more efficient. Idk I always thought launching rockets from the ground was needlessly difficult.

>sheep fucker being a fanboy of EU
>believes the moon fantasy tales
>fantasies become so strong that they become the destiny for human beings in the mind of the sheep fucker
>fantasies will never become true
>keeps fucking sheeps and dreaming of space and its mysteries

Oy vey, coincidence for sure.

No, it wouldn't.

NASA will do it. Shariablue user fails to realize that this is the LEGO set selling like hot cakes right now. The takeaway is that everyone, even children, will appreciate Trump’s directive once they see it in action.

This is an English language board.

nobody here actually believes it's a hoax. It's shitposting.

We would have made it during the past 4 years, but el negro didn't want that

Hey, it's better than paying for welfare for illegal wetbacks and lazy niggers

Chances that we will see NASA on the surface of the moon successfully, are the same as we would see kiwis flying.

It's funny, you'd think the reddit "I fucking love science" crowd would be all over this