This is my ability, Countdown. It lets me plant on bomb on some one when I touch them and say "bomber"...

This is my ability, Countdown. It lets me plant on bomb on some one when I touch them and say "bomber". The bomb can only be disarmed by touching me and saying "I caught the bomber". This ability is ten times stronger than Little Flower and can not be blocked by Nen.

BANG!

But can it withstand both rubber and gum?

His ability was fucking stupid beyond belief and badly written entirely for the purpose of GI

This. What the fuck happened with this season.

How do people in Hunter even develop such convoluted powers?

Lots of practice and thought.

So what are its upsides that aren't also shared by Killer Queen?

It's convoluted exactly so it won't seem like a Killer Queen copy

Yeah, but that seems kind of complex. How big is this explosion?

> My bomb explodes when you know who I am
> My bomb can be defused when you know who I am

Ptolemy

Togashi asspulls. See the Hisoka and Chrollo fight. I invite you to try to fully understand all the rules to Chrollo's bullshit powers.

>I didn't understand it so it's bad written!!

Wew

Your powers are specialized and limited by your imagination, your convictions, and your oaths (and sometimes you are just born special).

Otherwise all abstract concepts that give you strangely unique and convoluted powers that either make no sense, have no limit, or anything else you could literally think up.

Sums up every Hunter x Hunter power.

Also I actually liked how sneaky he had to be to actually be a villain. That's some real shit to be fake that fucking long and then SWOOP all but a few cards right at the end by just making everyone turn into dynamite on random parts of their bodies and holding them all hostage. I can see why people don't like it but it's something I thought was pretty sly.

Cant be that big because people standing next to eachother werent hit by others' countdown bombs and only died when their own went off.

He can activate multiple bombs at once while Killer Queen can only use one at a time

Well, it kinda feels like he developed that ability for that specific reason. In what other situation would an ability like that even be useful, with having to explain how your ability works and all

I'd say that it's well thought out in his case. It gives him an upper hand in those cases because most people don't want to explain their Nen anyways so as to keep an ace in the hole. He just has to play his cards kinda right and bam, pun kinda intended. I guess when you're a Conjuration type, that's a simple way for deadly results; he gets to just grab someone like Scar from FMA and instead of alchemy he just goes the simple route and blows their shit up.

Greed Island is by FAR the worst arc in HxH. Skip it every fucking time.
The quality disparity is ridiculous.

>Not liking the volleyball match.

The volleyball match was only good because they stop using the retarded cards. Anything even mildly related to the cards ended up being immensely retarded.

People in HxH develop a nen ability that fits their personality and behavior. He might be a person who enjoys mixing in groups of people and backstabbing them later, who enjoys creating a false personality, who enjoys knowing something that others don't, who enjoy that look on people's face when he explains he has rused them, and he might have a mix of interest in hide&seek, tag games and explosives.

>I'm stupid: the post.

Never understood the hate for Greed Island. I always liked the card game mechanic. By far the best Isekai.

Liked it too. The plot though was shit compared to the before/after arcs. Both York Shin and Chimera Ants are too superior of an arc compared to G.I.
G.I. felt like a training arc.

Agreed; it's not that Greed Island is bad, it's just that York Shin and Chimera Ant are superior.

Well damn, that makes sense. I just didn't think it was that practical, since it requires you to already have the upper hand but you explained it well

Would BITE ZA DUST disarm the bomber's bomb?

>People in HxH develop a nen ability that fits their personality and behavior

Is there any personality that would prevent a person from developing a nen ability?

Nuts. I don't want to be stuck with the curse of nen, but I also don't want to lose my sexy muscles.

Not really. Someone with distaste to nen might develop a forced zetsu ability.

It's the third best arc. I fucking love the effort Togashi put on a card game. Reminded me of Kaiji.

>asspulls
There you go, using that word again without knowing what it means.

It's my second favourite arc, fight me nigger

So Nen is basically a ripoff of Stands?

GI is my favorite arc, CA is my least favorite arc.

Honestly, the ants are so fucking boring.

He has a nen ability.

He's just too lazy to show it.

Except people choose their own form of Nen

Kurapika's chains are useless against anyone who isn't a spider.

People develop their abilities based on the goals they wish to achieve. Once you have developed that ability, it takes time to first actually create it and then practise with it enough times that it can be used in battle effectively.

Most shounen powers are ripoffs of stands.

I feel like people who praise CA as the best arc forget that like 70% of it is boring bullshit with a huge cast of forgettable, ugly furries. The good parts were really, really, really good, but the majority of the arc is really not good.

Hmmmm, touching someone to plant a bomb on them...where have I heard that before?

I think one of 2016's anime copied that power from HunterXHunter, but I forget it's name.

>The good parts were really, really, really good
The whole Youpi fight part, since the start of the invasion, was good enough to be worthy to read the whole arc.

Except it's better.

The Youpi fight is really underappreciated and one of the best in the entire series.

I agree, Chimera Ant is absolutely worth experiencing, it's just not as good as people give it credit for because the bad far outnumbers the good, dragging down the overall quality.
Everything about the Palace Invasion is absolute 10/10 material (except the Palm parts in my opinion).
I'd like it if people split the CA ant arc between the first 2/3's and the Palace Invasion mini-arc, but that's a pipe dream and ultimately pedantic anyways.

possessions, unseen companions and inner voices predates and inspire most comics and manga

Of course it would. Also Kira couldn't possibly lose against such an unclassy, pathetic excuse for a serial killer.

I also really liked the training with Biske and Knuckle.

Sounds like an ability any shitposter here would develop

No they're not.
Kurapika's one specific chain developed for the express purpose of killing Spiders is useless against anyone who isn't a spider.

>70% of it is boring bullshit with a huge cast of forgettable, ugly furries
You mean the shit before Kite's death? The whole 15 chapters of it? They non-royal ants are irrelevant outside of it except for like Ikalgo and Welfin, who i think both turned out to be interesting characters. Other than them i can only think of Cheetuh but he shows up in maybe 2 scenes. That's 70% of the arc?
>the majority of the arc is really not good.
That's an opinion.

I'd love to see him make an appearance in the curent arc.

KILLER QUEEN! [spoiler/]
DAI SAN NO BAKUDAN [spoiler/]
BITE ZA DUSTO [spoiler/]

Me too actually, I always thought he seemed kind of random in GI but as usual with HxH everything doesnt have to be solved in one arc, his character has a lot of potential to be developed after the fight with Gon.

How was he random? He had a goal. To achieve a full collection and win.

He just did it a roundabout way and killed people wholesale because fuck em.

No different from how the Spiders would do it since there's no reason the Spiders couldn't achieve their goals without murder but they are edgelords too.

>in what situation would an ability that allows you to put a bomb on someone without them being aware of it until you tell them be useful

Do you really not see what kind of use that could have? It'd be excellent as a bargaining chip

This would be problem if HxH wasn't filled with really silly powers.

>we will never see the end of the DC arc

Why are there so many poorly thought out abilities in this series.

because it's a shonen focused on long run

What do you call poorly thought out and what abilities are you thinking of

If actual people designed nen powers they would be total shit. Just look at Cheetu, his fucking sucked despite his speed being nearly OP

>the end
Nigga we won't even see the beginning, I bet you they won't even reach the DC.

>curse of nen
>nen is literally a superpower
>who doesn't want a superpower
user please don't

To be fair that was pretty much the point. He failed because he decided to come up with a shit ability in the heat of the moment.

He was always that kind of character you expect to die in some really retarded way.

meruem was really cool

>yfw both Rubber AND Gum

Please don't toy with my heart like that.

It wasn't for no reason, he killed people so their cards would convert. His cards couldn't convert if the island wide conversion limit was reached.

>How do people in Hunter even develop such convoluted powers?

It's like power levels for more intelligent and mature people

Would he have made a good ruler?

If someone like me got nen, it would be only because I wold soon be killed to demonstrate the power and/or depravity of the heroes or villains?

No, he's like gilgamesh except even more autistic.

OH MY RUBBER NEN

Hisoka is literally the only good thing about HxH.
Prove me wrong.

Chrollo is better.

>take away abilities from his subordinates so they are murdered effortlessly by a mad clown
world's best boss indeed
Super Saian Shalnark would probably wreck Hisoka's shit, or at least pull up a decent fight. Instead he died like a fodder.

To be fair it was pretty difficult to imagine he would pull a Jotaro and then start hunting spiders.
On the other hand Hisoka had been after Chrollo for years, went through Yorkshin and Greed Island just to get a chance to fight him and when it happened he got utterly blown the fuck out.

Is this a jojo reference?

>DUDE IS NEN A JOJO REFERENCE???!?!?!
fucking neck yourself

He needed their powers to guarantee killing Hisoka. And he didn't leave them near Hisoka until after he had accomplished just that. His only mistake was not dismembering the body immediately and then cremating it, but then nobody would've expected Hisoka to rubber and gum himself back to life because it's insane nen loophole bullshit.

>I´m a dumbfuck.
FTFY

for the record using bombs or planting bombs isn't really that original of an idea anyway its still cool though

>Paedophile clown killed the robot-controlling shota
What did he mean by this?

Man, I haven´t even read the other responses you had, but this surely causes some (you)'s. Fucking trolls.

JoJo and HxH powers are random kindergarten sandbox garbage that makes no sense and follows no internal or external logic.

how to kill hisoka

It's O MY RUBBER NEN, newfag.

now thats a good question considering he's an actual rubberman I guess you could burn him alive

Bisky a best.

Pretty much any other way than suffocation

^^'

I just wonder how people even discover how that sort of power work.

He consciously developed it.

why would he develop a counter?

Because the counter existing makes the power stronger.

If the counter didn't exist the explosions would probably just tickle people instead.