Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere

Sucks having to make a thread to post a response I was almost done typing. Here's to hoping you three see this, I guess.

Not much to read though. pastebin.com/1xL6i9zm

You can start Horizon with absolutely nothing else by the author in your mind, but it can be a lot to take in right off the bat. I would recommend watching the anime first just to get the intros down or better yet reading the author's earlier work, Owari no Chronicle because it's a lot less crazy while still showing off the style he kicks into overdrive in Horizon. But yeah you can just start reading Horizon without doing any of that if you want, but it's not for everyone. Not something I would recommend if you just want fanservice like Shinmai.

She's a robot that can eat and perform normal body functions and also be taken apart and have repair and maintenance done. Usual robot stuff.

Kimi best girl.

I forgot your second question. No, but he has had extremely intimate kissing sessions with both of them.

>want to read the novels
>download the RAWs
>look at the length of each book
Kill me.

So, is Owari no Chronicle essential for understanding the principles of Kawakamiverse?

At least you can actually read them. I wish I could do that.

It makes a good introduction to Kawakami's style like I said and also some of the concepts and logic that apply to his other works, but no it isn't essential to any of it. They each can be understood on their own.

Then, how good is Owari no Chronicle compared to Horizon? I get it that they are both worth reading, but still.

Alternatively you can start with the City series. That's technically the earliest full series Kawakami put down on paper.

Owari starts fairly bland and then improves and builds over time into full Kawakami craziness. It definitely is great but the first few volumes might be tough to get through. In contrast Horizon starts with a much higher baseline of Kawakami crazy that is almost all contained to the setting at first before spilling over into the characters by the 2nd volume. It's also great. Owari is done already though and I can say it's high points have outshone what's happened in Horizon so far that's already been translated.

I don't know if anything I'm saying makes sense to you. But yeah read them and see if you like it.

>It definitely is great but the first few volumes might be tough to get through.

Thanks for this. I had a flick through volume 1 and was wondering why he was taking so long for setup.

Dead series.

Additional info for you all.
It appears that there will be no shinmai donburi with Yuki and Kurumi, the reason for that is simple.
Basara needs to have the four elements poured into him in order. First is fire, then water, earth and then spirit. There is no mention of sexual intercourse being necessary for this, only that he needs to max out their pacts.
Mio was fire so she got dicked first. Next is Kurumi who is water, then Zest who has earth and finally Yuki for spirit. In order to avoid interference from other elements when one element is being poured into Basara the other elements cannot be around him. So yeah, each of these four will get a solo scene. Maybe if we're lucky there will be an orgy at the end.

I mean, I can't find any mention of intercourse being necessary, but I'll keep looking. They're all going to get bred though, no worries about that. Even Kurumi.

Thank you. I'll try to start with Horizon, if it goes alright - will also try Owari.

Well fuck. There is a very real risk of Kurumi's scene getting skipped. She arrives at the very end of the volume and they're getting ready for her turn. Not surprising, considering she's the youngest.

I think the 1st arc was really good。 1st-G powers can let you do funny stuff, but the 2nd arc was kind of a slog because of Shinjou.

The length is not the only barrier. He uses a lot of uncommon kanji and there's little to no furigana. It's a nightmare to someone who's just starting.

Sounds tanoshii. Too bad there's no digital version on honto.

You no what sucks even more? Not having a third season ;_;

A-anyway it's been a while since i entered a horizon thread so i was wondering what volume is the most recent one?

Translated or raw? If it's translated, js06 is doing volume 5-A, but if it's raw I think the last volume was 9-C or 9-B. Also, Horizon threads are on /jp now, in case you want to keep updated.

Was talking about the raws but thanks anyway.

I assume the reason horizon threads are on /jp/ is because of that retarded mod?

It was at first, but then we realized that the threads last a lot longer there than here and so we decided to stay. It's okay again to create threads about LNs on /a by the way.

>Also, Horizon threads are on /jp now

Oh, that explains a lot.