Aikatsu and Pripara thread

Are you letting your coloring tools stay idle or are you going to color your favorite idol before they get written off the show?

SHF Yume

Reminder that Gaarmageddon was robbed.

Help, I can't stop listening to Shining Star.

KIMI GA IREBA DONNA YUME MO
TSUKAMERUKARA

Well done, OP.
Thou art not a faggot.
pun intended

But were they robbed more than WM?

of what?

Arisugawa Otome - How To Rob.mp3

WM deserved to lose, Gaarmageddon deserved to win.

I don't think I've ever seen ドS spelled in English before. Maybe Do-S is better? So Kanata has a sadistic side to him.

>[several long paragraphs about game mechanics, camera angles and dresses]

who "takes care" of the cat when she's in heat?

Me.

Lalalalala fuan'na lalalalala tsukiyo wa

I don't really like Yume. I wish I could buy just her body.

I want to buy Yume's body as well.

Buy Roller then

I'm not a fan of Rola either. Anyone else get one? I like everyone else.

Is kind of ironic that lala criticizes Gaarumageddon about not taking the whole thing serious when they did everything they could to win like making a new original coords and making drama, but in the end won team that took the competence half assed

So far only these two

Why buy it when you can just take it for free?

Metaphysically speaking PP is robbed in a sense, as the show can always be better than what it ends up into.

>Why buy it when you can just take it for free*?
>* No purchase necessary. In order to obtain, a marriage contract and wedding ceremony are required, followed by a honeymoon in Cancún. Regular maintenance and dates are additionally required. Common side effects include headaches, nausea, regurgitation, ragefits, swooning, erections, and bliss. Federal and state taxes apply. Complies with part 15 of the FCC rules.

>Metaphysically speaking, anime is robbed in a sense, as shows can always be better than what they end up into.

I wish I was that jigglypuff.

Aw, is this all that's available? I wanted to see more, they're best pair and it's really well drawn.

I can't stop loving Ichigo!

None of us can.

One does not simply up and find babes this fantastic and wonderful in otaku-oriented smut, save for Hinagiku Katsura.

>when someone mentions Lamekatsu near me

>when someone makes an awful meme-arrowed post near me

>when you're the only character whose shield break is an insta-K.O.

>when someone outs himself as an autistic smashbaby

Seriously, why? Why did they do that? Retarded.

Have you ever made a game, /ai/non?

She's the balloon Pokemon.

I want to fuck Lala.

Me too dude.

Let's dedicate this thread to everyone's favorite jobbers.

I'm fucking pissed, Pafes would totally have lost had they performed first.

Am I a bad little girl if I'm anticipating the next episode preview more than tomorrow's episode of Aikatsu?

It just means that you're a little girl with the heart of a maiden. I am too.

Lala's paipais.

The Stars movie and second BD box are shipping tomorrow

Great news.

What is there to say? Nonsugar made up a Making Drama immediately before the last contest and got their Kami Cylume Coords. I'm not surprised that both Gaarmageddon and Dressing Pafe did exactly the same thing.

At the same time, even though I much prefer Gaarmageddon, DP's performance just "felt" a lot better this time. They must've done something subtle.

May the light of Ichigo shine throughout this world!

穏やかじゃないわね

>Gaarmageddon makes a new making drama
>Dressing Pafé destroys it
Dressing Pafé a shit.

Why was Otome such a great character? Most of the characters in Aikatsu are either create some kind of synergy with the MC, Ichigo, or a sidle that does not contribute much to the plot. The problem with this is that all characters are inherently dependant on Ichigo to function as a character. Otome so unique and and such a strong character that she does not need to be dependent on Ichigo. This is why Otome may not be everyone's Favorited what makes Otome the best character

>This is why Otome may not be everyone's Favorited what makes Otome the best character

This is why Otome may not be everyone's favourite but makes her the best character

I've never understood some of you guys' fascination with Otome. She's okay I guess.

Every character may relate to Ichigo, but they aren't dependent on her. Even if you only look at the first season everyone follows their own beliefs like with their own premium dresses. If you want to be like that, then Ichigo, Mizuki, and Otome are all equal leaders of their friends.

Then what makes a character shit? You neither contribute to what forms the character of MC(Ichigo/Akari) nor have a weak existence as a sidle, but character isn't strong enough to support itself. This is why Kitaooji Sakura is shit character because she had a presence big enough to become STAR ANIS and SLQ, but had nothing to support it.

You're posting exactly why she had "it". You also forget that simply by virtue of reaching the others levels after mere months of becoming an idol is incredible. She's a whole year behind them all.

>there are people in this thread that don't like Otome
She deserved Starlight Queen and you know it.

This can also explain why Akari gen was so shit and why Akari was the only good character in it. Ichigo as an MC was a "trouble maker" she was the source of "problem" in the plot and she resolved it. Did she resolve the problems by herself? No. Supporting characters, namely Aoi, Ran and Mizuki made great contributions to the solving these "problems" and ultimately the growth of Ichigo. Coming back to Akari, the only character that contributed to the growh of Akari was Ichigo and herself. Akari's growth as a character was over too quickly compared to how slow and stretched the plot was for Akari gen. Other characters not being able to contribute to MC's growth meant weaker connections between those characters and MC and why Luminas was nothing like Soleil. Akari needed to stay as the focus of the show, but with her growth already finished meaning she was no longer creating the "problems" that would drive the plot. She became nothing but the supporting character for new characters that came after. A set of characters than support each other's growth vs. A set of characters with one way support. Which would make it easier a viewer to relate? Akari generation is essentially DreCa, but with stronger side characters.

>This can also explain why Akari gen was so shit and why Akari was the only good character in it
You're the first person to actually say this, considering people who dislike the second half of Aikatsu hate Akari, and you're so wrong I don't know where to begin. From the rest of the post you seem to be saying that every character exists for the sole purpose of helping the MC. That couldn't be wronger. In fact, the more often purpose of the MC is to encourage her friends to grow, not the other way around. Moreover, having great units like Dancing Diva and Passion Jalapeno and the potatoes goes out of the way to demonstrate that Akari isn't the center of the world, just one part of it. Miyabi and Kokone were great because they were independent, and relied on each other after learning from the Starlight girls. Your insistence that an MC like Ichigo needs to "make" trouble to be interesting is too limited in scope and doesn't account for the wonderful variety of relationships explored in the show.

>tfw when you were never delusional enough to hope Gaarumageddon would win and you prefer Dressing Pafe anyway
These tears are magnificent.

>Akari generation is essentially DreCa, but with stronger side characters.
At least S2 had stakes.

What "stakes"? Nobody's going to die or be expelled or anything regardless of who's the top idol. Every idol is working her hardest towards her goal, and a failure of any of them is equally devastating.

>never delusional enough
I just wanted to hope okay, I knew it wasn't going to happen but I wanted to hope.

>prefer Dressing Page anyway
Well there's no accounting for shit taste I guess.

You don't even understand why Miyabi and Kokone was great. It was because Kokone was an independent "trouble maker", but because they are just side characters they can't just take over Akari's role.
Akari is the center of the universe and that doesn't change as long as she is the MC. Akari gen is ultimately story of Akari and her journey to realized her goal. You seem to completely misunderstand why side characters need to exist for the MC. This is to make them more relevant in "Akari's story". In the end side characters little stories are "addtions" to one big story that is Akari's. How relevant these side characters are to Akari will determine if their little stories contribute to the one big story or are just fillers.
All you are saying is that you gives 0 shit about the plot and all you needs is new irrelevant characters pumped out constantly. It seems you are trying to reflect pirpara onto Aikatsu, but Aikatsu doesn't work like Pripara. The design is inherently different as MC (Lala) is an already complete character.

You're the one who doesn't understand. You only think that plot-centric stories exist, and that a single character must be at the center of those. That's not what our shows are about. They're character-centric stories, and they follow every character we have. While Akari is being a weather girl and chasing after Ichigo, Sumire is equally looking for how to balance her natural beauty and love for singing while overcoming her weaknesses directly, and Hinaki is trying to be a fashion trendsetter while moving past her childhood insecurities of people worrying for her safety, and Madoka is handling being her own person while trying not to ride on the coattails of her grandmother the top designer, and so on. It's you who can't focus on more than one person at a time. Don't try to force that on us.

>That's not what our shows are about
You are the one forcing Pripara's design onto Aikatsu. While the target audience may be the same, they are 2 different shows. They are both character-centric, but Aikatsu was clearly focused on the MC more than anything else. S1 and S2 excluding DreCa clearly was Ichigo's story more than anything else. Akari gen adopted the same style. Same core trio centered around the MC, same end goal for the MC. It was designed to be Akari's story. Except they did adopt Pripara's style too. Have an MC that's finished growth and complete and introduce new characters to unfold a story while MC supporting the new character. Okay so that worked out right? Aikatsu is as popular as Pripara at this moment? No it's fuckin dead. SLQ cup was the great show of what a mess Akari gen was. Akari just stomping through with under developed and irrelevent characters as half assed competition. Some story these side characters had right?

!?

gay

Is this the movie?

Fuck, how far in the series does the stars movie take place? Might need to power through a bunch of episodes so I can watch it.

Loses some impact now that we know it didn't work out.

Between 18 and 19.

Oh fuck off, Aikatsu was always amazing, especially in the Akari gen. Accept that you're the one trying to sort it arbitrarily into your own made up genre and that it's simply your opinion of what it should be, not what it is.

Don't act like your opinion is fact either. I agree with the other user that Akari gen has been the low point of Aikatsu so far. Thank god for Stars.

>SLQ cup was the great show of what a mess Akari gen was. Akari just stomping through with under developed and irrelevent characters as half assed competition.
I couldn't bring myself to care about the final competition, I never thought too much about it though this might be it.

Yup, 2/2 release date.

Might have made me liked Roller and YumeRola more if I saw it back when it came out.

Here's how that box was packaged.

Let me expand upon the final SLQ Cup, from the bottom. First we have Nono and Risa. They were newcomers, but had always followed idols and practiced singing and dancing, but never really thought they'd make it. And yet thanks to the Luminas Tour and some good timing and their skill, they made it to the top eight. On the one hand we have Nono who did the same song they always do, and she ended up placing better than her equally-skilled Risa, who intentionally went out of her way to try something new. Risa may have done worse, but she was acknowledged by Mizuki herself, fulfilling her own goals.

Then there's Madoka and Rin. As was established long ago with Ran falling off the Aikatsu ranking but topping the modeling one, any idol who focuses in one area is doomed to never be the top. This is why Rin, the dancer, places lower. Madoka is more of an "ideal" idol, but her inexperience places her below the older girls.

Juri likely ends up below Hinaki for the same reason. She's the hottest actress and she ran the Aikatsu marathon, but some element puts her at third. Perhaps it was Hinaki focusing more on winning the Cup itself by going on the Luminas tour, involving herself heavily with Vivid Kiss and Kayoko and Mikuru, and ending up the muse of VK after learning to truly believe in herself and her experiences. But she didn't attempt the SA Appeal, and so could never win.

Sumire, on the other hand, does. Unfortunately, she is literally unable to reach those heights. Throughout the story, she took the most challenges. She turned down a huge offer to be a hair model, she forcibly formed the first pair unit in the generation, and she faces her weaknesses (such as the fish) head on. She faced the final challenge too, but fell short.

And then Akari. She's been chasing, idolizing Ichigo, and has had her eyes on the top for years. She worked the hardest, forged a path, and made it.

Now, tell me how any single one of these girls was not an MC in her own right.

Demn Maria's marias.