Was anyone else disgusted by the ending?

Was anyone else disgusted by the ending?

I literally just finished it again today and was reminded how disappointed I was.

>Near: haha get keikakud
>Light: i knew you keikaku so I keikakud u
>Near: lol jokes i still keikakud you

and then some pathetic floundring by the loser. There should have been some more complicated keikakus imho.

>Battle Tendency intensifies

No, Light apologists just can't accept this was the logical conclusion of Kira's character arc.

Light did nothing wrong desu

Only because my headcanon is better.

I wanted light to win desu

What I'm disgusted by is how retarded Light was for Near to win

All he had to fucking do was instruct Mikami to tear a page and keep that for his plan to kill Near and use the notebook normally.

Light ALWAYS kept a page with him for the whole goddamn series, he even keeps a part of the notebook in his fucking wristwatch and he never ever thinks about doing that with Mikami

In the 10+ years since it aired, I've never met a single person that didn't think the ending was bullshit. Even if they hate Light and wanted him to die, him going full retard at the end was stupid.

Basically this. Lightcucks are butthurt because their fav is a little bitch who cries and begs before dying

I thought the end was good and honestly I think that's exactly how Light would act. It's like his failure doesn't compute in his insanely egotistical final form so he starts short circuiting.

I think it's his hubris that stops him from playing it safe. He sees Near as nothing compared to L and he already bested L. the final arc of this show is really about Light becoming to comfortable with the idea that he already won. I honestly think the end was a very realistic portrayal of someone just a little too immature to "win"

remember when he said 'i win' in front of everyone? I think that really drives your point home.

Manga handled the second part better.

The ending was the best part.
If you don't think Light deserved what he got you might be 13, and I'm speaking as someone who loves Light as a character, he's one of my favourites in all of anime.

It was okay. Lighto became a maniac, serves him right. But everything else between was meh in comparison to the L arc.

No it's bullshit
Light is a god at improvising, remember how he killed Misora
And he never simply defeated his enemies, he always had over complicated plans that still couldn't go wrong
How he killed the FBI agents, how he got Rem to kill L and got a death note out of it
Which again, is out of character
He only did that 3 times and all 3 times he already won and there was absolutely nothing outside his control
What Light would have really done was wait until they all started dying and after the heart attacks kick in he takes the Death Note and says
>I win Nate River
Did he boast before being absolutely 100% sure Misora was gonna die?

>lol joke's on you we broke into A FUCKING BANK UNDETECTED TWICE to copy and switch the notebooks heh nothing personnel kid
>oh and we did this off camera because it was no big deal

Complaints about Death Note's ending, in terms of it's execution, are fair enough. Although to be honest, I'm not quite sure how you execute a climactic finale in a story whose vehicle for conflict is weird supernatural mindgames.

But what I love is when people complain about Light losing. Mmmm, sweet edgelord tears.

Which is fucking ridiculous to an extreme degree
The Death Note is a magical notebook, you can't copy that
A better ending would have been Near and his team shooting Light

I've never understood all the hate the ending and season 2 get. Obviously introducing a some new cast of characters is always going to create some back lash but I really thought they did it tastefully. Near and Mellow had a very cool dynamic (reminiscent of Mugen and Jin (one that is very calculating, one that is very spontaneous)) and I feel they both represented portions of L's genius. Only by working together could they catch Light and even then they caught a "corrupted Light" since he had already started to go a little mad (as discussed ) I think Mikami's character was perfect too. If Light was thinking clearly I don't think he would have brought in an outsider especially one as unstable as Mikami. The cracks in Light's plan and the cracks in his mental health are really shown flourishing in the final arc

has anyone made this joke yet???

It seems like you think Light was perfect and infallable and the simple fact that he lost.
All of his failings and mistakes in the second half were telegraphed by his very first mistake that caused everything to cascade into bigger problems; when he killed the fake L on TV because his ego got challenged.

Read my whole post again dude. Of course it was out of character for Light because he was starting to lose it. That's called character development. In this show though the MC "develops" into a worse form than he started. What you're saying is an option for how the show could have ended but honestly it's very straightforward and not very poetic.

I can accept that Light lost, despite my desire to see him victorious. I just wish they had beaten him in a way that wasn't complete bull shit.

which ending?
the first one where L died was pretty good
extending ending was garbage

L's death was not an ending, get over it.

Yeah, Light was too extreme in his plans to get fooled by 'the old switcheroo'. I feel like his paranoia and perfectionism was ignored so Near could win. He had Takada keep a piece of notebook in her bra in case of emergencies, Why wouldn't he have told Mikami the same?

Except it absolutely destroys L
L was special, he was unique, he was THE detective that could take on Kira
Having 2 L clones show up out of the blue was awful for L, it made him replaceable and made him look like an idiot when N did it
Light simply acted in the most stupid way possible
You can't just say he was going crazy when up to that point he was still the same man as before
Also how fucking convenient that both Mikami and Light were so similar and they even killed the same person using the death note in the exact same way yet Mikami acted like a complete moron even though he knew he was being followed
It's just bullshit the entire ending is really really disappointing

But they weren't L clones. If it was an L clone they wouldn't have needed two. L>M and L>N but M + N >L

Light also did the absolute most stupid thing he could have done in episode 2, when he kills the fake L on TV.
His reasons for defeat were completely, 100% in-line with his character from the very beginning, either pay attention to the show/manga or become 18 before posting here.
Mikami is a complete moron, that's not convenience, it's a pre-established fact.

Losing makes you strong, when you win for too long you become lazy and weak. When Light "beat" L he thought he had won. I can't believe you think Near and Mellow replace L. It's specifically stated by both of them that they're nothing compared to L. It's frustrating arguing with Deathnote watchers, feels like I watched a different show sometimes

Thank you dude I felt like I was the only one who had actually watched the show

>made a series of stupid mistakes that narrowed him down to prime suspect out the entire world

>Losing makes you strong
Not necessarily, it's challenge that makes you stronger. But it's the same idea.

Even worse is
>hey this show has hundreds of people on it
>but that guy right there is Kira's accomplice

Just because they weren't at his level doesn't mean they weren't clones
It was horrible
The second part destroyed both L and Light
Killing fake L doesn't immediately make him guilty and he didn't know what or who he was dealing with, it was a mistake that happened because of inexperience
And Light loved Mikami and showed how much they thought alike, Mikami was slightly more radical but Mikami cannot do something so stupid simply because the plot demands it
Mikami literally worships Kira, he would never have interfered and would have had faith in Kira taking care of it
They do replace him, Near is literally a younger L and they both have the exact same origin story, talents and role

>why?
>lol I have a hunch, just look at the guy :^)

Fucking Near just got lucky.

Obviously if you are just losing over and over without ever caring to win you won't improve but Light was clearly EXTREMELY competitive (specifically shown on several occasions)

Kira made a mistake by using a high profile personality and a mentally unstable person to help him.

clone=exact copy
How can you be an exact copy if you're beneath the original? I'm not saying that Mello and Near were great, but they were significantly different.

Dude Near and L are not that similar, Near is afraid. You think Near would do some shit like join Light's class? Near was the conservative side of L personified and Mellow was the wild side of L personified. I think you just wish you had watched a different show, maybe try some Shounen?

>take some of the pages of the Death Note and hide/burn the rest of it
>go to public toilet and write down all the names of criminals that I've remembered for that day
>flush page down the toilet
>repeat

Is there ANY intelligence agency in the world that could find me?

A clone still needs experience
If you clone me, unless you somehow copy my mind entirely it'll still be a somewhat different
Near was younger, no shit he was a bit more afraid, Mello was just a plot device

>it was a mistake that happened because of inexperience
No, it was a mistake that happened because he was an egotistical piece of shit with a god complex who thought he was invincible with his new toy. He makes increasinly less mistakes as his rivalry with L continues, up until he kills L. From there he thinks he's won and is invincible, he regresses as a character because he overcame what he thought was the greatest challenge the world could ever offer him. From there he lives a life of ease and simplicity. He is actually worshipped as a god by the world. He doesn't even have to seek out criminals, there is a literally a prime-time television show that lists off criminals for his sake.
His initial run-ins with Near and Mellow reaffirm his belief that nothing can compare to the threat of L; they both are similar to him in different ways but much lesser. So he continues being cocky and flippant, and suddenly they work together and he loses because he thought he was invincible. I can't see what you don't understand about this.
If Light's first mistake of killing the fake L was really just a lack of experience, then he wouldn't have made similar mistakes in the second half that caused his defeat, because he was far more experienced there. You're purposefully misrepresenting the characters just so you can call the writing inconsistent and bad.

Why did Light need to hide the notebook at all? As long as noone touched it, he could just pass it off as he wanted to help his dad by keeping track of which criminals died that day and how.

are you retarded?

Exactly, and without the spark of challenge provided by L, he lost his edge because there was no competition. At the beginning of the series he was the same, he was far above all of his classmates, nobody could compare to him. He thought he was invincible in academia, and therefore everything because all the people he ever encounters are so beneath him. It becomes the same thing after L dies, he loses his edge because he goes back to thinking he's far above everyone else, he's an untouchable god with his superhuman intellect and supernatural Death Note. And just like his first encounter against L, his first encounter against a combined Near and Mellow results in his ego screwing him over and giving the opponent an opening.

I'm not misinterpreting the characters, you are
Light loses the death note as soon as Mello shows up, there is no reason to keep underestimating your new opponents
He's stupid only because the plot demands him to be
>oh hey there Light, you seem dedicated to this Kira business, yo- HOLY FUCK WHAT IS THAT MONSTER HOVERING BEHIND YOU?
You really don't see a problem with this?

It was established early on that Light sometimes helped his dad on cases. Is it really so strange that the super smart son of a detective would be interested in the biggest serial killer ever? Just slap a leather cover on the note and it blends right in with his schoolwork.

Then people would be able to trace the names listed down on the notebook with the names of the dead.

The best choice for him was to lay low and keep his killings seem as random and untraceable as possible while allowing the world to know that he existed.

Light killing L was such bullshit, there's no way he could guarantee Rem would kill himself for Misa's sake.
He's smart only because the plot demands him to be.

See how dumb you sound?

thanks for answering my question

>as long as no one touched it

I feel like its easier to explain 'why are you writing someones name in your notebook' then 'why the fuck did your desk burst into an inferno'

Why is there still so much butthurt 10 years after the fact?

>write names in Death Notes
>rip the instructions out
>rip the pages out and burn them, flush them down the toilet or throw them in the garbage

There, he's nearly untraceable.

>Then people would be able to trace the names listed down on the notebook with the names of the dead.

Thats the point. You are keeping track of what criminals were presented on the news that day. Whos going to connect 'I saw Light write down Kira's most likely next targets' to 'holy shit Light is killing them with a magical notebook'

Its hiding in plain sight

The fire erases all evidence, without the notebook there really is nothing that can tie him down to the killings.

You're welcome

>Was anyone else disgusted by the ending?

Yes, because it felt rushed. I honestly wouldn't mind If Light got BTFO but for some brats to show up and uncover Light, I'm sorry I don't buy it.

Sure they had L's info this far after his death but still, Near's actions were "too perfect" even L made mistakes and you could feel the build up when he came close to Kira. I just didn't feel the same when Near and M tried to do it.

I consider the series done after L's death and the rest an alternate ending. Also, that chocolate eating faggot can suck my dick

Yes he can, he knew how much Rem cared about Misa
What if someone touched it?
Is it really that unreasonable to want to be cautious?

If someone touched it you just write their name down with a 'doesn't tell anyone he saw a monster, disappears forever'

So say someone touches it in class and starts screaming his head off
What do you do?

I thought all of L's info was deleted when Watari died. Which seems pointless since he had successors

Then he would still have to worry about writing it down. I'm sure someone would find it odd that somebody would just toss out his notes after spending so much time writing names down.

how?

Everyone will be too busy staring at the screaming person, so write their info in.

>Yes he can, he knew how much Rem cared about Misa
I was mocking you.

Wasn't the manga's ending different?

Then that would mean that his ASSUMPTIONS would be 100% accurate and every person who takes note of would be killed by kira.

Would anyone be able to find Kira if he didn't take the bait via killing the fake L?

Could be worse, could be the life action TV show ending.

Or just hide the notebook and don't risk all that shit? What purpose does he possibly have to even bring it out and about with him anyway? He's an inhumanly good, diligent student so he's not going to waste class time killing criminals while jeaporodizing his perfect academic record.

Not extremely different. If I remember correctly, Light seemed even more desperate in manga.

Yeah so? Hes a super genius. Maybe write a few fake names in. Maybe switch the real note for a fake and carry that one around. My whole argument isn't meant to conceal the notebook 100%, its just meant to suggest that if he made it a habit of showing his family he was investigating, then they wouldn't think it so suspicious after a while.

A majority of light's targets are based from his father's database. L could track him down by finding out which region has the majority of deaths. L could even use the news to bait Light into killing some random criminal if ever he didn't kill Lind.

I'm don't mean that he should flaunt it about, just that if someone happened to see it, he could easily explain it by saying hes just using it to keep track as his own private investigation.

He shouldn't have used his father's database right off the bat. It made it obvious there was a security leak somewhere.

What about the movie ending, I actually liked the concept of it

>L realises that light will kill him and writes down his own name
>Kira tries to kill him via Rem with the Death Note and fails because he is already destined to die
>Kira loses, L dies in a chair weeks after

I really don't think so. L was planning on doing a sweep of the whole nation of Japan, and eventually the whole world if none of them worked. His decision to target Light's area was on a hunch a few vague hints. If Light managed to not kill the fake L to stroke his ego, L would have had nothing so much as hinting at Kira's location.
Assuming he then swept the whole world with that tactic looking for Kira and failed, I assume he, or at least the police forces funding him, would call it off and really just chalk it up to an untouchable supernatural force.
Literally everything that ever went wrong for Light was just a butterfly effect rippling out from that first, naive mistake.

Then he would end up like Mikami. L would just put him on surveillance and notice his movement.

It's still a huge risk that someone could touch it, even bumping into him on the subway or something, or if someone robs his bag taking the Death Note with them. There's tons of unlikely, but totally possible, things that could go wrong with him bring it around with him. And like I said, there really isn't any benefit for Light to do that in the first place, nevermind the risks at place.

Movie ending is not that bad, does it's own thing while mixing in with the manga.

Meanwhile in the TV show lights burns to death (after being shoot several times mind you) because Mikami set the place on fire in a attempt to save Light.

Heres something to discuss- how different would things have gone if Light had received Rem instead of Ryuk. Would she have helped him?

Light did nothing wrong.

Light should have won against near.

I am not saying light shouldn't have been beaten but Near made an asspull

No

To be fair Light did win. He beat Near. It was Mello who fucked it all up and Near himself admits this.

Mello pulled a deus ex machina out of nowhere to give Near his shitty undeserved win.

> Was anyone else disgusted by the ending?

I'm disgusted that anyone enjoys this edgelord bullshit.

Nah, it could have ended up a draw with near postponing their meetup

Why do you think that? She helped Misa because she was curious as to why Gellus gave up his life for her. What if Light received his notebook that way instead of Misa?

Which Near wouldn't have done because Light outsmarted him. Near didn't consider the possibility of a fake notebook, not until Mello made his move and fucked everything up.

Mello was the real victor, Near would have died. It's an asspull and weak fucking ending.

>whining this hard
Go back to ANN

t.kyoani connoisseur

It's the best anime ever you faggot. Season 1 is th best anime ever made

> wah wah I'll just kill people I don't like
> autists everywhere celebrating their self-insert fantasies about killing Suzie because she didn't like him back or the gym teacher because he gave me a D+

He's supposed to be the villain you know

Yeah Light had shitty motivations and the world he tried to create would have been a fucking mess. No one argues that. The first half is just decent entertainment with the cat and mouse between Light and L.
It totally shits the bed after L dies though. No idea why they couldn't have just ended it there.

>projecting this hard

I think we can all agree that misa was the worst part of death note

The world he created was beautiful and crime-free with world peace because nobody can start a war and win because Light can kill the leader immediately.

He was the hero not the villain.

The worst part was Near and Mello. Misa doesn't come close.