Is Re:Zero Dark Souls of anime?
>all your friends are dead, and you can't do shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsO2cOM5TeY
youtube.com/watch?v=IuyxcKsFWhI&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=2llS87avh2w
youtube.com/watch?v=cwHgJudJ_Rc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't understand Sup Forums's fascination with Dark Souls.
Maybe I'm too old.

>Sup Forums
At this point series is pretty well regarded everywhere, especially by casuals. But yes, it is kinda overrated.

the same reason people like rogue-like games; people with nothing else to do can play them for hours and steam through the game, whereas casual players will complain how hard it is, and be told by the ones with all the time to play the game to 'git gud'

Sup Forums's has become an enternal battleground between between the old blood and the new blood, not in the case of how long you've been on Sup Forums, but how long you've been playing video games in general. Their constant shit taste in games nowadays is a sign of new blood winning that battleground as the majority

Everyone keeps saying Sup Forums this and Sup Forums that, like it's the only word you know. What are you, villagers from Sup Forums village or something?

WOW I'M FUCKING DEAD AGAIN WHAT UNFAIR FUCKING BULLSHIT HUHUHUH SHUT UP FUCKING MAID IF IT WAS ME I'D JUST SHOOT HER WHAT A STUPID ANIME HUHUHUH

it was grimgar
re:zero is just retarded

>all your friends are dead, and you can't do shit
That's where you're wrong, buddy.

But Echidna user

I guess, Dark Souls does have return by death.

we are born by the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood.

Honestly what do people think is so good about this show? It's so badly written.

Fear the old blood

>Honestly what do people think is so good about this show?
Getting good.

*sniff* what's that smell?

'Chidna's old and busted, good for nothing but an AU.

It's a great game, one of the best. Don't be a fucking hipster about it.

I disagree I thought it was bad at first but it comes together quite quickly.

i like you

it has nice armors and combat is ok

if it was the same Subaru would see Emilia die only to get resurrected and find out that she is still dead

Until the next cycle.

youtube.com/watch?v=QsO2cOM5TeY

Because it's hard.

How long does it take to get into it? I played it for a bit the other day.

New chapter up

Who is that?

What's this then, eh?

Why Puck is such a fag? He actually killed him twice.

The childhood adventures of best bro?

Contractually obliged.

It nails most of the felling except the most important one, isolation.

It should get fun once you've beaten a boss.

youtube.com/watch?v=IuyxcKsFWhI&t=

>you're all alone
>everone you ever cared for is dead or batshit insane
>the world is ending
>everything is trying to kill you
why even live?

Oh, but you aren't all alone. You've got others with you, who slowly turn insane, until they go hollow and attack you, forcing you to put them down. It's wonderful.

it's dressup with weapons

This guy gets it.

you have top waifu evil witch at your side

Berserk is the most obvious Anime equivalent of Dark Souls but Grimgar feels pretty similar too in the sense that the main characters are weak as shit and literally everything can kill them.

The first game had a nice story, great setting and absolutely amazing atmosphere about the world ending. Everyone is either dead, dying or unable to die and instead will turn into insane undead who attack all living humans on sight. This includes NPCs and shopkeepers in-game.
The gameplay is a relatively slow paced, slightly challenging RPG that keeps storytelling and exposition to a minimum, revealing most of its world through exploration and item descriptions, rewarding going off the beaten path and looking for items in more than just gameplay. The bosses are relatively varied and remain a challenge even with the somewhat simple combat system. The multiplayer allows dickery and invading other players' worlds, as well as cooperation and the soundtrack is wonderful.
youtube.com/watch?v=2llS87avh2w
Admittedly the game drops in quality in the end, but it's still an amazing game.
The second and third try to leech of the first one's popularity, but definitely fall short and fail utterly to provide the atmosphere of the first one.

She dies as well though, after you're gone.

>Guys, what if we took SAO and made kirito die repeatedly.
Yes, re:zero is just as dumb and autistic as the souls series.

I still want to fuck your smug waifu though.

No. Re:Zero is more like a game with a savepoint compared to Dark Souls.

Threads like these go to show how awful this show really is. Idiots are always drawn to garbage, it's natural.

Unironically this.

Tell me what shows you like, then.

>liking popular anime
>liking popular videogames

>liking anything but not liking

>giving up

This

Because I'm too much of a pussy to die.

Its different enough to the other action RPG, that's pretty much all.

Also, considering the formula succeed there was only a few titles that tried to emulate, usually when a game succeeds there is a ton on clones, DS only had 2-3 clones, so even after its success still feel different because the marked didn't flood with rip offs.

Re:zero Dark souls edition
>Subaru is summoned by Satela to kill her and save world from her alternate personality
>he and Emilia get killed by cultists this time
>instead of traveling back in time he just resurrects
>vows to take revenge against cultists and hunt them down
>absorbs Archbishop authorities but is slowly becoming more insane and ruthless
>finally sees Satela and she tells him his purpose and that if he killed her he would gain her power to travel back in time to save Emilia
>allies and friends become more wary of his actions and some even try to oppose him resulting in their death
>in the end he kills all archbishops but instead betrays everyone and frees WoE to rule as Dark lord with his new waifu
>or he could go back in time to save Emilia only to find its Satela now possessing her body without her witch genes

thanks for reading my fan fic blog that I just pulled out of my ass

Dark souls is Black Swordman Berserk.

Any other work doesn't even come close, except may be early Claymore.

>tfw want to read it but have to wait for jewpress

It's enough to make a man sick

what's Subaru's build?

Deprived, obviously.

His starting level isn't that high.

Also he's a scrublord because he depends on spirits all the time.

Dark Souls is the newfag's "Babby's first quarter muncher".

Oldfags have already had their fill of FUN games.

So you're saying he's a cleric?

I bet he put all his points on resistance. Or in DEX, but don't tell anyone you leveled that up, you faggot.

What rings does he have?

Right, because success without effort on your part is so much better than beating the odds and defeating the Gods while being a regular human, through sheer force of determination.

didn't he have those konbini items when he arrived?

Of course, Havel's and FaP: Stamina, Health and Endurance, everything you can ever want!
What are you, a casual?

gonna fck pwn u n00b

>Otto stated he's sjut a regular merchant
>He's far from it

Why does Subaru collect a bunch of shady people for friends and his War Party? He even got a daughter of a witch for his adopted daughter.

You might as well call him Dark Lord or Maou at this point.

You forgot STYX HELIX
youtube.com/watch?v=cwHgJudJ_Rc

>Is Re:Zero Dark Souls of anime?

KEK, op is a faggot

>sheer force of determination.
Literally "MUH POWER LEVEL" trash and you know it.

Yeah, I loved DeS and DaS, especially DeS, but never finished the second DaS. I loved calling in help from bros and getting invaded, what a great game that was.

I don't even play vidya anymore.

dude ...

dark souls has a lot of references from berserk
even a boss is like guts with the berserk armor