Jojo

what makes a stand design good? what makes a stand design bad?

Having lots of rounded edges, thick appendages, directed aesthetic, original characteristics

See: D4C, Killer Queen, Black Sabbath

Bad design is no overall direction, lack of visual POIs, poor aesthetic

See: Fun Fun Fun

THIS makes a good stand
making no good troublemakers like jotarto sniff my bum!

What's up with the dub?

Is it getting good ratings?

>what makes a stand design good?
Humanoid in figure, but has non-human aesthetics. Star Platinum, The world, Killer Queen, Shining diamond, Highway star, etc, but that's as far as aesthetics.

Some stands can be well executed based on concept and ability, like Death no.13 and Justice and Cream for example. Both are disembodied apparitions, but their ability and concept makes them stand out.

>what makes a stand design bad?
Anything that's wacky, honestly. Wheel of fortune (it's a fucking car). Superfly (it's a fucking pylon). Or even Thoth which is simply a dumbass comic book. Not only do these type of stands look bad, but their concept and ability are kind of ass. Though there are exceptions of stands that look shitty, but actually have a lot going for them in terms of ability, like Sethan, High priestess, etc.

The best stand designs are ones with clear aesthetics and themes without being too cluttered. Over-designing is very much a bad thing in Jojo ironically enough.

What makes it good is the color and aesthetic to go with it.
If its got a good theme, that Stand is your dream.

I fixed that shitty list, did I do it right

Which part had the best stands?

>the more morally "right" the villain is the better he is
Shit list made by a moralfag expecting a hero out of his vilains.

Oh yeah, I forgot that one time Araki actually drew Hitler

>open door
>see this
>what do

Diavolo Is just obeying his nature.

Same as Kira.

Is it a JoJo thread?
I've just finished Part 6 and I have to say the end was absolutely phenomenal. The last thing I expected is that big bad would be defeated not by MC, but by some minor side character. I was really excited since I liked Emporio from the beginning, but I'd never expect him to be so important
I have no idea how he actually killed Pucci tho, but of well.

Personally I enjoy humanoid stands that are neither human, nor robot. (except soft and wet, he gets a pass)
When they are simply humanoid, they give off a bit of an angelic alien feel. In the bible a traditional angel is typically described as a tool of god and they are artificial looking. Stands that evoke the same vibe look really cool.
Star Platinum is way too human looking, and several of them are way too robotic looking. King Crimson and Killer Queen are a perfect balance. They just have a very uncanny look.

Again Soft and Wet gets a pass. He is a robot, but he just looks too cool.

Pooche is cut e

I say the design has got to be striking in some unique way. The designs with the least to offer are the ones that don't meet this requirement. Many part 6 stands felt like they were made by just slapping accessories on the same template and Crazy Diamond was just The World again.

Let's discuss some Stands from side works.
Why does Purple Haze Feedback have some of the coolest Stands?
>RHCP-like lizard punchghost whose punches create lips that reveal people's darkest and most shameful secrets
>an animated deck of cards that relay information like a circus number each of them being an undercover spy/assassin
>a knife that reflects 70% of the damage dealt to its user to whatever or whoever it is reflecting
>a skeletal pygmy thing that injects energy into anything, turning salt into a powerful narcotic and accelerating people's bodily functions until they explode which should have been GE's effect on punching people
>a small flying automatic bird Stand that induces hallucinations and other symptoms of drug addiction into people
>fucking rain that locks you in a certain feeling/sensation forever, even if you leave its range

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What anime?

He trapped Pucci in his ghost room, where he used Weather Report (stando ver.) to pump the room full of lethal levels of pure Oxygen, while beating the shit out of him.

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

>Sethan
>Bad design

>Jotaro is fat
Yamero user

what he fuc

I've the fight, user, I just didn'y really understand it.
Where did Pucci's super-speed go? He was moving faster than bullet but then couldn't caught Emporio or dodge some punches?
How did Emporio get in that new world if Pucci died? Shouldn't he be stuck in that new world with ugly Jotaro and Jolyne?

Anyone else feel like the majority of the stand designs in part 5 were super forgettable? A lot of them lacked any clear motif, and so they just looked like generic wacky humanoid robot type creatures. I'm not saying the stands themselves were bad; just the designs.

360 and walk away

LIZARDANON A SHIT

If you can improve a shitty stand ability, which one would it be and explain how you can improve it.

I want Josuke to take my virginity in the most bumbling manner possible.

Highway to Hell, and make it work like Golden Experience's retconned power. Any damage you do to yourself would be reflected to your target, with a much less grievous wound still forming on yourself if we're trying to make it not unbeatable.

I just reread that bit, because I wasn't really sure about it either. It seems to imply that if Pucci hadn't stopped the speed-up, the world would have reset again, and Emporio's survival would be set in stone, so he stopped it in order to dispose of Emporio properly.
When Pucci realized Emporio got WR, he started accelerating again, but the room was already full of oxygen, and the acceleration only made it fuck Pucci up faster, to the point that he just couldn't dodge at all.

>those tubes
Never realised how much Crazy D ripped off The World.

rain stand was one of the best parts in PHF

Some guy in a HxH thread said JoJo is "random kindergarten sandbox garbage that makes no sense and follows no internal or external logic". Do you dispute this?

absolutely

>HxH thread and yet says this
So he's retarded?

What the actual fuck

>HURR DURR IT MAKES NO SENSE

>random kindergarten sandbox garbage
That's some talk coming from a HxH thread

Why does it look so good in every single pallet

I'm angry now
Link this post

Because soft and wet is the best Stand

Hol Horse and Boingo should get a one-off of going on wacky adventures post-1987.

Post Araki coloring

Why is Boingo so rapeable?

What kind of pallettes are being used in the colour scans?

>Update

>HxH
Ask him when the next chapter is and watch him cry.
White body, Purple metal

>DIO and Diavolo in shit tier
Very wrong user-san.

How do color scans work? Are they just fan-made? Does Araki have any say in the color schemes? (Sorry for newfag questions)

Don't you mean 180?

The white/purple scheme, which is my personal fav, although in Eyes of Heaven Soft & Wet looks consistently good no matter which colours you choose

The coloring is officially done by Shueisha that publishes Ultra jump, SHonen jump and so on.
They release the color pages in the volumes.
Araki i believe might have say in it or might not care.

They're not made by Araki, but they're official in the sense that they're made by Shueisha interns and sold digitally.

I love this colour scheme

Are there any stands that could defeat ultimate Kars?

So you'd do a full spin and walk backwards while looking straight at him

GER

Cheap Trick, Whitesnake, Tusk 4, Ball Breaker

Pucci looks good in that suit.

CONFUSION

the guy was shitting on both hxh and jojo tbf

Can somebody tell me why characters from part 5 onwards look like complete fucking faggots.

I just finished part 3 of the anime and so far everyone is a beast. I'm watching art from parts 7 and 8 and everyone looks like a faggot.

Why was the artstyle changed ?

it was like that since P4.

Here you go
The poster said the same thing about HxH.

Killer Queen

>le faggot meme
Only 3 gay characters in Jojo and 1 of them is the most influential.
also i rather have normal bodied people than 45ft tall, bad anatomy, tiny head, muscle bound maniacs

>implying the pillar men doesn't look like a bunch of muscular faggots

how does cheap trick defeat him wont he just regen?

>hurr new characters look like complete fucking faggots
>posts the pillar men

implying that all of jjba isn't gay

>Whitesnake
I don't think so. Kars was immortal so time tricks wouldn't work.

Is there any powerlevel chart for stands?

How to even regen from death?

Kars just had regenerative powers and being immune from the sun. Put those into a couple of discs and his spirit and he is literally putty.

yeah but cheap trick tears off your back and then you become a dried up tomato but kars can just cut off his back and regen it back

>cut off back
>old back saw new back
>Cheap cock shirvels old back and goes to new back
>rinse and repeato

When you break eye contact, you admit defeat

This is an old-ass joke.

The World is supposed to be Jonathon's stand though isn't it? It makes sense for various generations of JoJo to have stands of similar appearance.

>The World is supposed to be Jonathon's stand
uh oh here we go

This has been debunked, The World is DIO's Stand.

No shit nigga. how can a dead body have a stand
I swear to god if you post HIM

Who? Notorious B.I.G.'s user, Carne?

Then Hermit Purple is Jonathan's Stand.

No, it isn't, it belongs to Dio.

Initially, The World was meant to have the sum of all kinds of stands. Araki discarded the concept after a while but the manga had already showed Dio using a stand similar to Hermit Purple.
Ever since then, that Hermit Purple-like stand is said to be Jonathan's stand.

Considering Jonathan has been dead for a while, either he is a ghost still dwelling in his mutilated body or his body developed that stand to contact Joseph just like it's stated at the beginning of Stardust Crusaders.

>how can a dead body have a stand

I WARNED YOU, DEAD MEN MUST STAY BURIED

Speaking of dead men
If we take the skull on the back of Kira's head to be KQ's skull does that mean if someone showed him it or some sort of KQ related thing he'd remember it.

It just bugs me that stands are supposed to be connected the soul and Polnareff's SC didn't go away instantly. I felt like it was kinda a cruel joke on Kira that Killer Queen's existance is right there where he can't see it.

But then as I'm typing I remember
>Stands are caused by a virus

Over thinking jojo is a headache.

your daily dose

Is there a sequel to this?

Thanks Doc.

part 3 and some of 4 is really the only time JoJo has good costume design.

what are some jotaros?

>this_kills_the_josuke.webm
>Posting text along with it
What the fuck? What did you do with hair.webm user you sicko

False.
The higashikata's have better design than kids ni school uniforms with stickers and some autist in an overcoat

I always wondered what the uniform regulations are in the school for characters of Part 4.