Before you ask, yes, it's real

Before you ask, yes, it's real.
constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.htm

Wtf? So assaulting officers is legal if you think your arrest is unreasonable? Doesn't this change the whole unlawful killing of black people argument?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Elk_v._United_States
youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE
youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1512535948307.webm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_Penal_Code
youtube.com/watch?v=_cx2Fkp6Cmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's up to the court what determines what's unlawful.... By then you'll be dead.

that's why they bring back up
to make sure the goyim dies if he resists

Google is killing nogs who trust their veracity. Class action lawsuit when?

There are good cops...

"unlawful" being the key word

You dimwit. What the word "unlawful" mean to you? Fucking idiot.
>American education

>resist unlawful arrest
>get the death penalty

>/nu/pol would hate Dorner if he was around today
sad but true. gone but never cornered.

How is this a bad thing? It's just sloppily wording that if you're being arrested without probable cause you can defend yourself.

If you have broken no laws and an officer attempts to arrest you sure, it shouldn't escalate to violence but you shouldn't be hauled off on false pretenses either. The officer in question would be the assailant no different from anyone else.

However if they DID have probable cause and you attempt to defend yourself violently... That's how we get these niggers getting shot by police.

Not if you think it’s unlawful. If it IS unlawful. You will go to jail and then to trial to decide that.

Just like shooting someone who threatens you. It’s your right, but you will be arrested until it’s established you acted lawfully.

Yea so dont get mad when your boy loses.

This
Cops lie and exaggerate constantly and court believes them, they make reports sound like they go by the book, when in reality they violate civvies constantly, fake probable cause and flat out lie constantly.

You cant corner the Dorner.....

Certainly, but nowadays the vast majority are unathletic pudgy manlets who are getting revenge on everyone because somebody bullied them.
There are literally two good cops in my county, a deputy and a state, the rest are a joke.

dali sez izokay.

>probable cause

Lol, thats not what the case was about at all. A cop attempted to arrest a man named John Bad Elk without a warrant for a misdemeanor offense. The law states that a warrant is required to arrest for a misdemeanor unless said misdemeanor was committed in the officers presence.

Translation: If a cop stops you in the street and you get arrested for being a retard thats not an unlawful arrest. If a cop stops you in the street and says, hey I heard you were jaywalking last week so I'm going to arrest you for it now, that is an unlawful arrest.

p.s. Why are the Lakota Sioux such badasses? They have to be the most infamous indian tribe in US history.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Elk_v._United_States

You have to have a good reason to think the arrest is unlawful. "I don't want to go to jail" is not relevant to the legality of your arrest.

In theory. Good luck convincing a jury that a cop deserved to die.
Good luck surviving the transport to your holding cell.

RIP

This.

If you kill a cop who is attempting to arrest you, and it is established the cop had lawful grounds to arrest you, you are fucked for life. Not only will you be sentenced for the original crime, but murder on top.

So the (presumably) minor charge you felt you were facing originally will be upgraded to a life sentence.

the arrest has to be unlawful. that's a higher threshold than you might imagine.

I didn't read the case, I was referring to the screencap and OP's obvious implications

The hero we needed, but we didn't deserve

We should meme this to get nig nogs to kill cops

>if you think your arrest is unreasonable

Of course you think it's unreasonable, but a trained professional in matters of law has already determined there's probable cause for your arrest. The most likely case is that your arrest is valid, as the vast majority of them are.

I have a case pending right now for a kid who was going to be arrested for misdemeanor assault, and likely cited and released at that (given a court date for a criminal offense, but not booked into a jail). Fucker decided to swing at me and graze my eye. Got his ass kicked bad to the point he was crying and throwing up in the hospital. I don't know what his sentence will be, but the last guy that ATTEMPTED to bite me got 2.25 years in state prison, this kid is going to get more than that and basically ruined his life because he's now a felon. DO NOT assault officers, it's not a normal assault, but an aggravated assault (or whatever your state defines it as, it's definitely a felony no matter where you're from). I'm telling you this for your own safety.

Your arrest is likely over some misdemeanor bullshit, 90% of arrests are (stuff like theft, shoplifting, simple assault, etc, but you act like it's the biggest deal ever because it's you). If you get agg assault added onto that, you won't be seeing a judge the next morning and going home. You'll be legally and royally fucked, you will serve time in state prison, and labeled a felon for the rest if your life whether you're successful at minorly harming one of us or not. And you WILL fucking lose. There's always more of us around the corner and it's one of the few crimes that gets the whole department, as well as higher entities, ruthlessly looking for you.

So you're driving along on your suspended license because you thought it was ok to ignore your traffic court date, guess what, you're getting out of the car. Don't make more problems for yourself, and if it's a mistake then enjoy that sweet settlement money.

More relevant to your daily lives:
NEVER ANSWER A COPS QUESTIONS!
If you get pulled over, hand him your paperwork. However, when he asks you shit like: "Do you know why I pulled you over?" DO NOT ANSWER. This is a trick question. If you say yes, you've admitted to guilt. If you say no, he can add lying to an officer or negligence to your charge, thus increasing your fines.
From the very get go you have the RIGHT to invoke your 5th amendment protections. The Right to remain silent begins with the moment you interact with the police. Not after you've been arrested or detained.
It's important that you realize what constitutional rights you have from the get go. This helps you take charge of the stop and avoid witnessing against yourself.
I seriously cannot stress how important it is that you exercise your rights at every turn.
youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE
youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

I cannot stress enough how important these videos are for you anons. The only reason that police have nearly as much power over us as they do is because we willingly hand over our rights the moment we make contact.

In reality you can't even swat their arm away for a second to continue deescalating so you don't get arrested on some bullshit. That's how Eric Garner got murdered.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1512535948307.webm

rip in peace chocolate rambo

the courts don't believe them they just sympathize for them because they are cops and they potentially risk their lives everyday to try to keep people safe

>John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529.

Who names their fucking kid John?

>mfw you accidentally brush a cop with your shoulder they exaggerate it into assaulting an officer and ruin your life

> In the 1960s, courts began to limit the right to resist an unlawful arrest, apparently influenced by Warner and by the Model Penal Code, which had eliminated the right.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_Penal_Code
>The Model Penal Code (MPC) is a text which was developed by the American Law Institute (ALI) in 1962. The chief reporter on the project was (((Herbert Wechsler))), and contributors included (((Sanford Kadish))) and numerous other noted criminal law scholars.

>The MPC is not law in any jurisdiction of the United States; however, it served and continues to serve as a basis for the replacement of existing criminal codes in over two-thirds of the states.
Somebody's got to do something about these fucking kikes.

driver's "licenses" aren't even constitutional
it's a DMV racket to extort the poor

I don't need a license to operate my own fucking property.

A bit more practical information: When a cop asks you why you think you got pulled over, ask about your registration or your inspection sticker or your taillights or some bullshit if you know your vehicle is legit. Dodges the question and makes you look like a credible motorist that just wants to be in the right. When you start flexing your legal rights, you better have taken the BAR or they're gonna start escalating the situation on you and you won't be able to keep up.

Hire a 3rd party like Blackwater to watch over you.

A dead cop will have a hard time telling the story of why he was trying to arrest you when no call or radio log exists.

Sadly this.

Read this, and record every interaction w/ cops.
Don't be a smartass about filming though, they'll start making shit up and loading you down with frivolous charges

Or you could just say, "No." Because you didn't do shit.

When I was like 19 I ran a stop sign (right turn) like a block from my house without realizng there was a cop half way up the block. He hit the lights and I sped home and got in the house and locked the door before he pulled in the driveway. I was actually on my way home from court that day for a DWLS charge. A few days later I recieved a subsequent DWLS ticket in the mail. Being young and stupid I went to court and accepted the charge, though knowing what I know now the cop had no legal leg to stand on since he didnt make contact with me he could not prove I was the one driving the car. I could have easily got it dismissed. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

You better have a damn good lawyer

>a trained professional
>public servant

Pick one

If you answer no, the cop can use that against you. Remain silent.
The best one I saw was this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=_cx2Fkp6Cmw
She got a 30000 lawsuit because she exercised her right to remain silent and won.

You can drive butt naked blindfolded without a license on your own property all you want, but not on state owned property

If you learned how to fight properly and had actual compassion you would have found a way to deescalate this situation after he swung at you. You even admit he's doing hard time for some bullshit. It's your job to deal with people that are going through emotional turmoil and they won't always act correctly.

My poor wittle eye > all a person's dreams

Fucking cops.

Good find

>If you answer no, the cop can use that against you. Remain silent.
Technically they use not answering against you too.

people like you should have their throats cut

>So you didn't know you rolled that stop sign?
Game over.

Based black man?

this is a good thing you faggot

What a great blue pilled answer! No, the courts are on the same side as the cops because they are all part of the same money making machine. It is in their best interests to work together rather than oppose each other. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

>if it's unlawful
That's the key word there burger.
If you're pulled over for not praising the CocaCola loud enough and the cop starts putting bullets into you and your family, you'll most likely be acquitted for putting a bullet in the cop's head.

>It's your job to deal with people that are going through emotional turmoil

they're not fuckin therapists. play stupid games, win stupid prizes. perhaps you shouldn't throw a tantrum and assault a cop? you sound like a leftist.

Don't listen to this cuck.

>Pull someone over
>They're apologetic, clearly they understand what they did was wrong don't seem like they're going to do it again.
This person gets a warning, this next person gets cited:
>Pull someone over. They roll their window down a crack (which I assume is to hide the odor of alcohol), they're rude and don't say anything, they seem to be brushing it off as if the violation is something they should be allowed to do. Their behavior is definitely not going to be corrected by a warning alone, and the point of the stop (at least to a reasonable officer and not a ticket hound) is to correct dangerous behavior.

Also, I fucking hate getting subpoenaed into court, so I try to ticket as little as possible. There are some overly dangerous violations that you simply won't get out of, like the guy I stopped today who was driving the wrong way on a one way street. Also also, if you film the stop you're more likely to get ticketed because I don't want to be caught on camera not doing my job. Now that we have body cameras, unfortunately I've lost a lot of discretion, and you've lost the court case before it even began because your violation is on film.

Are most people that worried about traffic stops? That's like 5% of what we do and you're lucky if that type of petty stuff is your only contact with law enforcement. By where your concern is directed in this post, I can tell you're a good citizen, but probably a terrible driver.

>implying I roll stop signs

whats this?

Actually, based upon the law, they cannot.
Here are the circumstances where they can: If you are participating in an ongoing investigation and happen to be a witness.
If you've committed a crime, or are suspected of committing one, then you immediately, upon being detained (That is stopped, or required to present ID), have the right to invoke your 5th amendment rights. If they arrest you, you now have a nice happy lawsuit and a high chance of the charges getting dropped and expunged from your record.

Seven proxies.

Correct. Most institutional problems are at the court and prison level. Tuning up criminal justice reform won't happen at the street level because the cops still have the law sucking their dicks by not even taking their homicide cases seriously. Doesn't mean people shouldn't still publicly call out pussy cops like who talk about how badass they are all day but won't get in a fight to save somebody's life.

no.

>It's your job to deal with people that are going through emotional turmoil
No it's fucking not you retarded cocksucking faggot. Nowhere in "law enforcement" career it says your duties are tard-wrangling hormone-wracked manchildren.

It's also worth noting that you don't have to be an asshole about it. The goal here is to keep yourself safe, not to make the cops hate you and push the boundaries and get away with it because they can.

Also, don't be one of those retards who keeps shouting AM I BEING DETAINED, especially if the cop says "yes you are being detained". That's a great way to get your ass beaten.

I love how google is now the truth machine. Ask it a question, get the official answer.

>Your honor, I asked the defendant a direct and reasonable question. They refused to answer the question and resisted lawful detainment. In my experience people like this have broken additional laws. Therefore I ordered dogs to the scene and asked them to leave the vehicle and impounded it...

>driver's "licenses" aren't even constitutional
Yes they are.

The kid was drunk and assaulted two other people, and was about to assault another when my rookie ass thought it was a good idea to try and prevent it.

Never break up fights, they always both just turn on you. I should have let them go at it then given them a ride of the lightening. How much more compassionate would that have been? Mind you, getting tased is the second worst pain I have ever felt, second to OC spray.

What people who haven't worked in law enforcement don't understand is this: not every situation can be deescalated. You have no idea the level of retarded and violent scum we have to work with.

And people like you should be locked in mental institutions.

Everybody commits moving violations every time they drive everywhere. At the cop sleep-away camp exam they ask you how many violations you made driving to the academy. If you answer 0 they know you're a lying cunt. Are you gonna tell the officer you didn't roll the sign?

nope. they were introduced to extort goyim.

You can literally replace driving with ANYTHING. Walking down the street? Better have a reason to stop and interrogate me. Further, if you have no reasonable suspicion I will go on my way.
And I actually have a nice and clean record thank you very much. I'm worried about my constitutional rights above everything else. But you know as well as I do that the moment you walk up to a car, you are already building a case against them. If the person is clearly in the wrong, then ticket them. You're not the state highway patrol. What I have a problem with is when you abuse your power and overstep your authority to the point of abridging someone elses rights. That's where I draw a very clear line in the sand.

Now why is this important?
Oh IDK because of the rampant amount of police incompetence that exists. The number of people who routinely have their rights violated, and the innocent lives destroyed because of this imbalance of power.

I'm well aware that you have a vested interest in casting what I say in a negative light.

can confirm

I was cited for running a red light which I did not do. I fought it to the first level magistrate who found me responsible so since I wasn't I asked for the judge hearing.

I again clearly explained the full facts in truth which if taken made clear I did not violate the law. The judge a flaming homoselxual reeking effeminate sodomite found me responsible and I was out of appeals.

outside the cort room the pig who wote me up , who had to appear came up to me and said;" you know I didn't actually see you run the light." " I just looked up and my light was green and you were in the intersection so i assumed you had."

what could i do? to make matters worse through an administrative failure by the state DMV I ended up getting arrested driving on a suspended license which was triggered with the aid of this bogus moving violation.

>Are you gonna tell the officer you didn't roll the sign?
Yes. Now what?

Wait, so if a cop pulles you than you are not obiligated to answer his questions at all?

>and if it's a mistake then enjoy that sweet settlement money.

that never happens because you are all corrupt shit, the "disciplinary commitees" never rule against the cop, nor the judges, and the DA's also,

you and all your judicial system government employee friends, are a cancer on society, i hope niggers go nuts and kill all of you bastards

you will go to hell

Post the case, retard.

I'm not claiming to be a badass, I'm just extremely not recommending fighting with the police. It's not in your best interest.

I absolutely would fight and die to save someone's life, if it was worth it. I got into LE because of all those school shootings, and if that ever happens here I'd gladly charge the gates of Valhalla to save even just a couple kiddos.

Most the shit we deal with is transient related, criminals fighting/stealing from criminals. I'm not getting hurt over their drama.

Nope. Right to travel unmolested. The end.

>i hope niggers go nuts and kill all of you bastards
When a nigger tries killing you, who you gonna call?

Hint: It won't be spookbusters.

No one is stopping you from travelling, just don't use a public road without a license to, fuckhead.

You're right about that. I made the mistake of trying to shout somebody down during a brawl and got rocked from behind and kicked into a bloody mess. Thanks for elaborating. From what I was gathering it seemed like a case of flexing authority.

Most of the people cops deal with have some form of mental illness, that's why most departments will have people with specialized training to respond to reports of suicide or self-harm. If ya wanna simmer down we can talk about to what extent cops should be adequately prepared for viotle people that aren't necessarily a threat to others except in extreme situations like an arrest or a domestic call.

Niggers neet to get shot as often as possible at all times. Cops who make nigger murder happen are doing a great service to the world. Niggers are made of poop and have no souls

>"So you found nothing, the man was exercising his fifth amendment rights and you arrested him for not violating his rights? That'll be a 30000 lawsuit. Please leave a check at the teller"
Literally what happens with things like this.
The cop block people generally are cringe. Roll down the window reasonably. Give the information, but if you are going to talk then deflect with indefinite answers.
Obviously it's about tact in the end.
If a cop pulls you over you are obligated to provide him with information relevant to his normal investigation. That is, if he asks for license and registration, give it to him. If he asks you how fast you were going, simply politely decline to answer. If he asks you if you know why he pulled you over, politely decline.
The operative word here is politely.
Example:
"Do you know why I pulled you over"
"Hi officer, I'd rather not answer that thank you"
"Any reason why?"
"Oh no reason in particular. Just don't feel like doing so. How are you doing?"
Look. If you did wrong, then don't resist him. But at the same time, don't give incriminating evidence against yourself. That's why we in the US have the 5th amendment.

I used to pull all the way over, have my hud lights on, have both hands clearly located at 11 o clock with my license and registration in them, and give the officer no fuss whatsoever, and I would get out of the ticket probably 4/5 times.

Now that I'm 29 I feel like there is nothing I can do to avoid getting a ticket. I've been pulled over for literally nothing.

I'm a bigger guy now after putting on about 30 pounds of muscle, and I always imagined the reason cops are harder on me now is they're intimidated/scared.

I went to traffic court to stand in front of the judge and two cops stood next to the judge and two stood behind me.

There was one bailiff for everyone else. Didn't understand at all.

>Literally what happens with things like this.
You've clearly never stepped into a courtroom.

Eric Garner was an obese pos who died of a heart attack while resisting arrest

as a non-burger, what's his story?

Cops aren't supposed to fucking step on eggshells just because you're a drunk little faggot with short temper. They should tase your ass and haul you into drunk tank.

Now you're lying and are definitely getting the ticket. For being a douchebag he's gonna check out your car and cite you for the three other things you're doing wrong.

Like i keep saying, cops can either start being civil or the public will revoke their powertripping permanently. Train them better. Like the old days.

>implying I get pulled over
Or you could stop being a nigger on the road.

Nigger detected

I will find everyone like you and slaughter them

this tbqh

Can you lick a boot while it's stepping on a human face forever?

Got fired from his PD, knew that LAPD were corrupt fuckheads, everyone knew LAPD were corrupt fuckheads, started killing cops, LAPD shot up a van full of innocent people without even trying to stop them because it vaguely resembled one like he drove proving how fucking incompetent and corrupt they are, got surrounded in a shack and (most likely) burned down in it after cops lit on fire.

The difference between Dorner and BLM niggers who chimped out in Dallas is, Dorner wasn't a nigger who was simply chimping, he had a cause and was disillusioned ex-cop.