Leftists believe in a high minimum wage, say $12 per hour

>leftists believe in a high minimum wage, say $12 per hour

>leftists believe we need migrants to pick our fruit and vegetables because it would be too expensive otherwise

>it would be too expensive to pay people $12 per hour for farm labor

When did you realize that leftists are in favor of literal slavery?

Ah, but you missed the part where the fruit pickers should own the trees.

CHECKMATE CAPITALIST PIG

1725 is when i realized

$12/hr is nothing in a major city. You can't afford a standard 1br apartment on that

>$12/hour is a "high minimum wage"
top kek found the flyover cuck

Goddamn niggers on the city planning board always installing crop fields in the middle of the damn city.

Fruckin greenies

Why would you want to artificially lower the value of currency by pegging wages?

I always bring this up in debate, they can never counter it.

You can't find a 1 bedroom apartment within 10 miles of any city on $2k/month? Stop buying so much starbucks

They have vilified conservatives so much they just want the opposite of what they want.
Politicians on both sides actually love illegal immigration and cheap labor though. Unsurprisingly. """Leftists""" are just dumb enough to believe it's a good thing for some reason.

Then don’t live in a major city... go to the smallest city with a WalMart or target.

about the time they started a civil war over the issue

~$12 an hour would be economically the same minimum wage the US had in the 1960s.

How is that unreasonable?

> Trumpets believe that Tim Cook will pay them $45/hour to assemble iPhones in America
> Believes prices won’t raise which will eliminate any gains they make

The bullshit goes both ways. The final pill is realizing this system is shit and will collapse soon like all other systems before it. Enjoy your collapse. Have a good day.

Lowest price I've seen in my town is 850 a month for a studio.
That's saying I want to live a block from the ghetto.

You just have to face that cities that aren't in fly over states have a high cost of living that you can't live on even at 12/hour unless you want to live where getting killed/robbed by simply walking out your door is a reality.

Minimum wage is $11 hour here in MA and weed is legal. Teenagers these days lucky as fuck.

You faggots are missing the point.

It’s not about the dollar amount, it’s that leftists, who say they love the poor, also support paying migrants squat so we can keep low prices (aka pseudo slavery).

I, on the other hand, would pay $10 for lettuce if it was picked by white Americans who were paid a decent wage.

Can you imagine if there were a little food label symbol like for kosher or whatever that meant "picked by white Americans in the US who were paid a decent wage?"

Nuclear meltdown.

Because the value of labor has flat-lined since 1973 and trying to artificially bandage it with wage regulations instead of addressing the core economic issues would lead to a pocketed inflation that only benefits already wealthy land owners.

>he didn't buy land

>When did you realize that leftists are in favor of literal slavery?
Day one

productivity per employee in almost all fields has risen a lot actually
where do you get this flatline labor value

OK actually curious, what's the living standard in the USA like cost wise?

Here in oz I'm on $19/hr and I could do an apartment and some fuel, if I bunk with a similar trade mate were pray comfortable.

Paying migrant workers from Mexico slave wages isn't akin to slavery because by beaner standards, they kill it

it depends

i pull $36hr and own a home, 6 cars and a boat.

Washington state living in the county is cheap as fuck.

Hyper fucking variable. I live in Texas in a moderate CoL area. My apartment rent is $1115 for 250 sq. meter, 1 bedroom 1 bath, in a safe nice area. If I went 38-44 km east of me I could probably halve that, but fuck making that drive.

You are not the first to realize that

I live in a major city with a back yard nice area with no crime funcar extra money I always forget to invest or give away steady job $80k/yr

It really depends on how you live. If I wanted to always lease latest luxury SUV or something it might be a different story. Or I could move one state over and be raped by taxes. Or I could move 15 miles away and live on a fraction of that income in a more rural setting.