Gun Control

So I have to write a research paper on gun control (arguing against it), but unfortunately my high levels of autism are severely hampering any progress. So I had the genius idea to come and ask you guys for help, after all what better place could help me with an anti-gun control paper. I would appreciate it if anyone can give me any points with legitimate fact backing them that I could use to argue my perspective in the paper. Any kind of help would be great. Also, feel free to just have a debate about it, it would probably still be helpful. Oh, and in case it can be relevant I have about five to six years of photoshop experience, and I would be willing to arrange a trade for more intensive assistance.

>ITT we talk about gun control

Other urls found in this thread:

justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp.
justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kill yourself fucking opposition research faggot

how does gun control prevent anything in their eyes?

Only law abiding citizens adhere to firearm regulation. When you take guns from lawful people and they're faced with an unlawful situation, it's 100% victim rate. I'm sure just about everyone that's been shot said "no don't shoot" right before the criminal pulled the trigger.

Weakening gun control is decreasing overpopulation and increasing diversity at the same time, is that okay? :D

I'm not too familiar with their talking points but I believe it's something to do with gun control having an effect on distribution of guns (which doesn't sound or look right) or gun control decreasing suicide (a little more agreeable, but it still is bs).

Is thata way

Oh yeah, they probably are going to be a lot more passionate about this. I just defaulted here because its a political issue. Hopefully the arguments won't be too one sided.

So you've got an opinion strong enough to be considered a conviction, and yet you can't write a simple research paper? Typical useless undergraduate. Get the fuck off Sup Forums and start spending three and a half productive hours in the library every day. Do the readings for class and then pick up some great literature.

Try these:

Dostoevesky: Notes from Underground
Dashiel Hammet: The Maltese Falcon
Friedrich Nietzsche: On the Genealogy of Morals
Carl Jung: Psychology of Religion: East and West

You're a student goddamnit. You have a respectable identity bestowed on you for a limited amount of time that gives you room to mean two shits to the world. Do your fucking homework yourself so you can learn to do all your homework and then go study other shit so you'll have a better idea of what classes to take.

Farmers need guns to help control invasive, destructive, wild varmint.

Point out that there are 300+ million guns in America, more guns than people, and that gun owners often defend their guns with their guns. Give the facts straight and then sprinkle on your opinions with extreme sarcasm, like "Gun control in America is highly feasible and would result in the disarming of tens of millions of potential murderers willing to give up their guns."
for bonus points mention the Port Arthur massacre and how Australia was able to largely disarm their population

When it comes to opinion on the subject, and my own conclusions I have derived, I happen to have plenty of material. The problem is that this is a research paper, it's not a matter of opinion. I need to argue one side or the other as purely as possible, ideally using only facts, and stringing those facts together with basic explanations for clarity. The class I am taking is a writing class, not a politics class, and gun control isn't something I really know about, I just know how I feel about it. I've tried to conduct research on my own but have been instead met with only opinion pieces or claims without foundations. I am just asking if anyone has legitimate relevant statistics to help me argue the side I have chosen. Additionally, this paper happens to be a very unfortunate size, not small enough to use the very bare information I have found so far, but not large enough to dedicate the reading of many books and academic pieces too. I know this isn't a perfect solution, but it happens to be the most practical one, considering this is one of six papers I have to write in two weeks.

No. If you want my guns, you have to take them from my cold and dead hands, you statist.

It's simple.

>You get rid of the 2nd amendment.
>I'll get rid of the 1st, 13th, 14th and 19th.
>I'll suspend elections.
>How are you going to stop me?

Gun control falls under politics and is forbidden on /k/

Gadaffi doesn't belong on that list.

Criminals don't obey the law
/paper

source?

either way 6/7. i can live with that

justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp. This is a good site that has a large amount out of stats on different areas of guns and gun related issues. I used this site for a similar type thing.

justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp right link this time

Comrade you should ask /K/, and delete all references to dildos.

lest we not forget that Hitler confiscated the guns before the jews.

with no way to fight back, it happened.

You should write about the futility of gun control in the age of 3d printers and individual crafting tools. With the advancement of 3d printers, anyone can find a gun design on the darkweb and print out their gun. There might be a few more steps in there to make the gun more durable, I'm not an expert. The only way forwards is to deter criminals with threat of retaliatory force if they pull any shit. If people are allowed to conceal carry anywhere, then anybody could be packing, so its much more dangerous for a criminal to start shit and unlikely for them to get away with their crime.

Just shoot yourself, we'll figure out the rest.

Having someone else do the work for you, ya cheeky bastard?

If I was writing a paper about not having more gun control, I'd go at it from a mental health angle.
1. Over two thirds of all gun deaths (over 20,000 people) in this country are from suicides, not people shooting other people. Removing guns might lower that number somewhat, but it doesn't fix the original problem. How time, money and effort would be put into removing guns from this country that could be better spent treating people who need help.
2. Around 9,000 people are shot and killed by other people. A large number of people in that group also has mental health problems. Substance abuse, being depressed, being crazy and even things like brain damage from things like lead (I'll get to that in a second) all contribute to this. Most mass shooters from the past decade or two have a pretty clear link to medication that has warning for things like suicidal thoughts. Same argument as the first.

Lead link: One of the weirdest things was that violent crimes dropped as this country transitioned away from leaded gasoline. Less lead in the air, water and dirt meant less exposure and less that it effected us. It's not something that is talked about very often, but I mention it because in cities where they have a large gun violence problem, there are also a lot of settlements for exposure to lead paint. Just saying.

Here's all you need to know faggot. If you want my guns, you have to send men with guns to come and get them and win the gunfight that follows. And then you have to do it millions of more times. You have no other options and everything else is just intellectual masturbation.

If you want them come and take them.

Deport or destroy all niggers and see what gun violence stats look like in a year

Gun control initiatives started in response to niggers bearing arms in defense of their communities. Democrats didn't want them straying from the political plantation.

We give up our guns when the police give up their guns. OP, kys.

Chicago simultaneously has the stricter gun control laws and the highest gun violence in the nation. This is evidence that gun control doesn’t work and drives gun owners underground.

/k/ actuality sends these threads here. /k/ is for guns, ammo, and reloading they don't discuss politics there

>gun control
If you ever shoot a 300 grain 454 casull bullet out of a pistol with a 2 1/2 inch barrel one handed it's going to hurt no matter how much gun control you use.

gun-free zones dont work because only law-abiding people would abide to that rule. It does nothing to stop non-law abiding individuals in any way besides open carry, but if you're not abiding the law, then you're not gonna open carry.

You have to play them at their own game.
>If you take away guns, how are black people supposed to defend themselves from evil whitey
>How will you rise against a tyrannical government bent on taking away disability benefits

Shit like that.

Anything written by Charles C.W. Cook e is a good place to start in regards to anti gun control

>So I have to write a research paper
One of the many (((signs))) of what I'm sure will be an amazing thread.

look up australia stats and stats of other nations that have gone thru radical gun control. you can even use usa for stats on machinegun crime. DO NOT TRY TO GET CLEVER AND NOTE SURGE OF KNIFE CRIMES in countries that ban firearms --- your instructors work for (((them))) and you're being monitored. come off as totally affable to the assignment and write up a paper that you could convince even yourself to ban guns.

With police brutality rampant in 'murica, the police shouldn't be the only ones with guns.

Gun control only affects law abiding citizens. It does make things a little harder to get for criminals but no amount of regulation makes it impossible. I did a speech on this once, and the crux of my argument was that you needed just the right amount of regulation. Too little and you can't do simple things like track gun ownership. Too much and it only really affects citizens. Anyone determined enough can get a gun.