Gunjou Senki

Isekai being pumped out of the ass left and right, with scanlators focusing their efforts on the same old formula, but an Isekai with an actual different flavor is relegated to a group that releases stuff once in every new moon, there’s no justice in this world.

A whole group of students gets sent back to the Sengoku era and face the insanity that was war back then, with the students who had been living a world where human rights were a thing are now quickly adapting to the “kill or be killed” world.

Warlords of the era catch wind that the students come from the future Japan, the school records that came with them tell of how the Sengoku era will unfold, the warlords that lost now want to turn their fate around.

Why don't you translate it yourself?

It apparently is one of Weekly Young Jump's big series along with Kingdom and Tokyo Ghoul, it goes under the scanlators radar for some reason.

art is terrible and plot feels really stupid
>ping pong crazy guy
>NAGIGATA club
>killing people left and right without a reason

it's shit

I can't, it's Seinen with no furigana, I can barely read it, I wouldn't be able to translate well as a real seasoned translator.

Just more sengoku crap worshiping.
American Revolutionary War is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more interesting

>ping pong crazy guy
The absurdity of the situation catched up to him, kill or be killed.

>NAGIGATA club
They actually exist in real life.

A weird ass castle (a school building) appears out of nowhere in the middle of the warring period of Japan, of course the barbaric soldiers of that time would think it's some sorcery shit and kill anyone inside.

Funnily enough it's the only war America ever won.
But I guess if it lost it there wouldn't be much of an America.

Also pretty much any 4-19 century Europe war is more interesting.

Why is stuff set in the Sengoku era such a rarity among anime and manga? It's almost always Edo/Tokugawa. I know that was sort of a golden age for Japan, but it feels like the Sengoku era is really neglected given how much potential for material it holds.

That is the fucking awesome part, what's better than a Football Club member, a Baseball Club member, a Archery Club member and a Kendo Club member use their sports skills to kill ugly ass japanese soldiers from centuries ago.

Gunjou Senki's author did a guest art on Kingdom's 10th anniversary spot on Weekly Young Jump, they seem to be bros.

This was one of the few series whose usage of "Japanese MC reincarnated into another world" didn't physically offend me or make me cringe at any point.

Is that anything like this?

so is this just a ripoff of the ring of fire series?

As long as it is decent, I don't see people trashing GATE for being a literal Stargate ripoff.

>American Revolutionary War is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more interesting
Not even trying to be weeb here but I disagree. Sengoku Era was interesting because it was a complete clusterfuck of feudalism and warfare. Plenty of wars arguably are more interesting but the American Revolutionary War isn't even close to being one of them I feel.

>Is that anything like this?
It might make you cringe a bit since the MC for Gunjou Senki is quite the faggot for a few chapters, refusing to kill even though his classmates are getting maimed before his eyes.

It takes a few chapters for himto even fire his first arrow, his development into a soldier hasn't even been translated yet.

>art is terrible
The art is far from terrible, it just feels rough and shows the mangaka is inexperienced.

The art improves a bit in the later volumes.

Like Kingdom being having shit art in the beginning then it improved as it went.

>Sengoku Era was interesting because it was a complete clusterfuck of feudalism and warfare.

Don't forget cultural and technological exchange with Europe!

>A weird ass castle (a school building) appears out of nowhere in the middle of the warring period of Japan, of course the barbaric soldiers of that time would think it's some sorcery shit and kill anyone inside.
which would be ok, if they ever discussed it on screen, when instead hasigaru started killing people before stating anything

ok, maybe it will get better later, but Art right NOW is shitty

Don't kid yourself, this is completely standard, just in a different inheritance of cliches. It's another entry in the long list of both highschooler-travels-to-the-Sengoku stories and Drifting-Classroom-stories. It's also pretty mediocre, independent of originality.

>into another world
Neither the Mongol Empire nor 16th-century Japan are different worlds. These are time travel, not isekai.

For comparison that's the MC on the 10th Volume cover.

This is him on the 1st Volume cover, the art is still rough and him as a character was still a little bitch.

>image
Nothing wrong with liking a controled dose of edge.

Is he styling an armor of that era while blasting some songs with an iPod Nano and an iPhone?

Holy fuck.

Lol fuck of to Sup Forums

its not really issekai, its just straight up time travel

So is the OP. It's no more isekai than The Drifting Classroom or Cage of Eden.

>Cage of Eden
>years of exciting build up
>that fucking shit ending
I have no idea what they were even going for

Former hentai mangaka should never be in charge of writing and drawing by themselves.

The following work about Eyes and Mutants and shit was even crazier with the storytelling and twists.

not him but I'm happy to see a non-mmo shit isekai even if it's only mediocre

did he have a different pen name for his hentai? his other listed works just seem like ecchi manga

Feeling some not so subtle Tokugawa bias from the author