Quit taking Effexor because it was making me suicidal

>quit taking Effexor because it was making me suicidal
>getting "brain zaps" and feeling nauseous all the time now

I sincerely hope you guys don't fall for the (((antidepressants))) meme

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Drugs didn't cause your depression so why would they uncause it.

Kill your parents OP.

what is a brain zap like?

Mind your diet, hydration, electrolytes &c
Have a friend handy in case you need help

A long time ago on zoloft, but I stopped after a month because everyone was saying that it was killing my personality. They were right.
Think about it. You're playing around with neurotransmitters and their levels with antidepressants. You can't just stop taking them or there will be a reaction that will be unpleasant. The pills were acting as a bandage on the gaping wound that is your depression. Since you did not use that time to fix what is actually causing your depression, the bandage's effectiveness lessened over time, "bleeding" out. You will never be able to use a pill to completely counter the effects of your mind. Naturally occurring psychoactive substances on earth can be used to help yourself, but again, it is only a tool. The mind is the hand that guides the tool.
I sincerely hope you get better. OP. If you have the means available to you, cannabis is a reliable destroyer of nausea.

Damn...you went there.

CBD oil is another thing to look in to. AFAIK it's legal to ship to all or pretty much all states out of Colorado. Just check that the did a lab test to verify what's in there.

it's what dumb people who don't know their bodies call a minor panic or anxiety attack.

Talk to me when your panic attack fully distorts your vision and everything looks stretched and melty like an acid trip.

In the same boat. I cannot quit. When I do I get horribly depressed and it feels like jolts going up my spine and neck.

I remember one alternative anti depressant took the withdrawals away, I think it was paxil, and the withdrawals were not as bad.

There should be a suit to be honest.

>paxil
They still prescribe that? They must be getting rid of old stock or something. That stuff will mess you the fuck up before you have a chance to recognize your own behavior.

Same here bro.
I quit back in october and i'm still going through withdrawal. I was only on 37.5mg for 6 weeks!

like going numb and not having total control over your processes. It's very scary especially when you don't know what's going on. It feels like you're having an anxiety attack which can further exacerbate the person's mental illness. Don't fuck with SSRIs kids.

get off the pharmaJEWticals

Depression spawns from boredom and too much unspent energy. The whole "hit the gym" thing isn't just a meme.

I took paxil and zoloft in very high doses and it only succeeded in turning the world grey.

Lemme clue you in on something, cutie. Sad feels better than grey.

Have had dat LSD panic attack in a cubefarm a couple years back. I was fucked there for awhile.

brain zaps are real... They last like.. two weeks

Just an unnerving zappy feeling. Not particularly painful they're just scary because they're not normal

hallucinations like that are caused by alcohol use not anxiety.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk like this but it occurs in the middle of the day, it's one of the most common side effects of ssris.

Brain zaps =/= panic attack retard

Those are two very different things

Effexor gave me such severe urinary retention i had to rush to the E.R. and get cathed just to empty my bladder. It's been two months since stopping and it still hasn't gone away. Doc had to prescribe Flomax just so i could piss.

>Sad feels better than grey.
Agreed.

youre literally retarded a brain zap is literally nothing more than what it sounds like, a brain zap. you feel a little zap through your spine and the back of your head and jump a little bit.

like the guy earlier said talk to me when your panic attack distorts reality

What was your dose, OP?

I was on Effexor 37.5mg for a few weeks and quit cold turkey. I didn't have any noticeable side effects.

these are effects of SSRIs, but they are not brain zaps

this is a brain zap. Basically a sudden tingly, electrical feeling in your head that lasts half a second. Mine often occurred with sudden eye or head movement. Lasted about three weeks after I went off Lexapro. Never again.

GABA symptoms are not like what you get on acid. It's just similar enough to be useful one way vs. the other.

Kind of like the use of benzos to calm people down or get them off the bottle.

kicking lorazepam as we speak,been off it one day and already i feel different...sadly this is going to get more intense as time goes on but good luck to you OP,the drug game is a dirty racket.this shit is just poison with a family friendly label.

>pic related,i like the quote though i am not sure about the man

:( I bet you don't clean behind your ears.

I had withdrawals from stopping benzos in Sept.. I think still have them.. They say benzos can cause medication resistant depression too.

For that you need to do like ketamine therapy or be super good at figuring out who to end your depression

I use a 50/50 alcohol and vinegar mix. Stupid fucking fungus makes you feel like a really dirty tard if you get that.

I'm on Paxil now and it's working pretty good. What do you mean?

It feels like you have to fight your eyes from rolling back mixed with suddenly getting the chills and standing up too fast

ive been saying this for years. when my sister started taking them at 16 and my mom around 45 and now both of them are just total zombies.

it's the worst thing next to vaccines in terms of its destructive power. truly disgusting that people think this can solve their problems.

After a few months you won't realize that you feel like superman and that it's going to lead you to start doing outrageous things while your friends who have been through paxil before are just sitting there and watching it play out and sipping beers because there's really no way you're going to notice it until you've gone too far.

Already fell for it for a year and a half.
>gain 70 pounds
>brainfog
>short term memory lapses
>fail exams
>"drop out" of physics program
>25 y/o with no prospects
Thinking about going on them again, but a different script.

Low dose dude. I was up to 300 mg a day. The zaps got so bad whenever I would turn my neck they would happen. The depression was different too, verged on despair and immenant doom.

Bro coming off of benzos is a nightmare btw.. you wont be able to sleep for a few days but just give yourself that liberty and don't torment yourself over it... After that it could take several months for your own body to produce the juices that u were replacing with the pills so you could actually get some physically painful depression going.. If you have the physically painful depression my advice is to drop down and do some pushups, this will make you feel better... Do pushups whenever the depression is making you feel gross. Keep yourself distracted

Anyone take Cymbalta/Duloxetine? Seems to have helped me somewhat.

only drug needed in this thread is a canister of zyklon. no more problems. no more jews jewing the soyim with their exploitative addictive, pharmaceuticals and xenos. no more apathetic, unproductive humans complaining about feeling bad.

I quit them 4 months ago fuck them and fuck the jew doctors who give them to people to make a buck

I'm working my way off them right now I've been on it for almost three hwaea. I only went upto 150mg but I am now down to the 37.5 and hopefully soon nothing. It's fucking ruined my attention span and short term memory. I am always fucking tired and I can't blow my load when fucking.

you realise that acetic acid in vinegar is a food source for almost all bacteria? if you really did that you'd be growing a staph colony on your head.

How long does the withdrawals last?
Going on 2 months here.

The other two retards who responded to you didn't answer this at all. It's nothing like getting an anxiety attack. Anxiety attacks have close symptoms with heart attacks.

Brain zaps feeling like your body just got electrocuted but without the pain sensation itself. Like that split second where everything stops processing. Except in this case they keep occurring from withdrawal.

Something like this

One of my friends is on an extremely low maintainance dose of it and it seems to be keeping him riding steady. He'd like to quit it, but can't quite get that far.

Fungus, not bacteria, mate. Obviously you're not going to get on top of a topical infection without your own immune system taking charge, but sometimes if it gets bad it makes sense to hit the chemical reset button.

This is good advice,i had depression symptoms that would make my chest feel hollow and hurt a little.i thought the only thing i could do is ride out the hell.And i know some of what to expect because i have attempted this before but now it is different.Saved your post in a word doc for future reference because i am still a bit of a scatter brain thanks to these dull drugs.Dont have much in the way that pepe's or other currency is considered so here is this instead.
>i thought pic related was funny anyway

Yeah on a low dosage here as well it keeps me a lot more even, I don't notice any of the bad side-effects and the booklet of studies that came with this stuff was extensive. Thanks for the response.

>brain zaps aka "braps" for short

That probably explains why I got in that one fight... I did notice it making me more aggressive but it's pretty nice you know? It's nice not giving a single fuck

Do any of you retards not know how to wean yourselves off of powerful psychoactive chemicals? It takes weeks...Cold turkey is wrenching... and yes, some antidepressants saves many lives...Don't be stupid if you need help...Try all the avenues... Find what works for you....A happy life is the end goal for all

Checked. Fucking trips of truth right here, and the only thing in this thread worth reading.

Yup but it doesn't last forever. Like if you've ever messed around with stimulants before they're great at first but then eventually they go wrong and now you're stuck in a dopamine lull.

np, If you're dropping down and doing like.. 20pushups or as many as u can manage youre going to get a shot of the juices that your body is craving that is making you feel sick.. Your body is just basically starving for them and that's why you feel so awful

>get prescribed antidepressants
>do a little research about the particular kind I got

That bitch tried to fuck me up real good, it's fucking absurd

Sorry OP. I hope you feel better.

I did fall for the (((antidepressant))) meme and the (((benzo))) meme. I'm clean as of three years ago. Takes some time to readjust. It isn't easy. I wish you the best.

If you can wean yourself off it then I'd say give it a shot. The thing about these kinds of drugs is even if they do "work" to some extent they don't cure anything. They just make it easier temporarily for you to change your life for the better.

Heard you should taper off to reduce brain zaps. Shit is terrible. Good luck, user.

Did you quit it cold turkey? Every doctor in existence would have told you that's a bad idea. These types of medications have to be tapered off.

its like satan putting him dick between your brain while whispering words to kill your parents

Thats called Kuru.... and I doubt you're ready to hear any of that truth yet...

Thanks for your giant "help" to a fellow user...not...

I had no choice. 37.5mg is the lowest dose.

kek just will yourself to intoxicating pride and self actualization user, we are the best people

Bullshit. You can always break the pills down into literally powder if that's how small you need to go with the dose. And if they're not tablets you can harass your doc to sell you something else.

I'm ready user

I had the same ages ago. I had to taper down slowly, otherwise I would feel like getting tazed with every breath. Hope you get better.

Capsules or pills? You can always cut pills. In fact it's reccomended when getting off...

>everyone so far is a fucking anglo
No wonder you north americans are so fucked in the head if your physicians consider brain damage in a pill form as a routine treatment. Can you get anymore goy?

they are capsules. cymbalta was the same story.

you really think that is what it is?
>mfw this post

Capsules. though i'm already at two months off, i don't think i should go back on it.

>Note;exercise like hell
Solid,thanks again.I promise to only shitpost about canada sparingly from now on

They also rip our foreskins off. And then they want us to have "free" medical care. It's so fucked up. We're nothing but lab goyim to experiment on for the Jewish overlords.

Two months is good shit user,see if you can make that two months more.you made it this far right?

I did in 2010, user. It was awful. The brain zaps, and then when you come off it everything feels really far away, like you're looking at a photocopy or thru a TV screen. Nothing feels real when you're in withdrawal from SSRI's. I can totally see why it makes people go on shooting sprees, you aren't connected to reality. You just want it to end.

I feel your pain, user. I fell for the Effexor jew, as well. Start learning how to chill out more effectively. The more hydrated and well rested you are, the more your symptoms will wane. Best of luck good luck godspeed!

damn straight. Just wish the bladder and pelvic pain would end.

If you need a bit of help, go get it...May take a while to get your dosage straight...But don't go full retard and say "I'm Fine With No HELP!" Worked in the correctional system for nearly 2 decades... We saved alot of people...and got them on to a new life outside of jail...

Ive been on it about a year and I still feel this way. Like my depression and anxiety are totally gone but I feel really bored by basically everything and think about death more. Is this what you mean? Because it's not that bad, I'll take the aggression and boredom over daily panic attacks

youre an idiot for stopping cold turkey

well fuck cannot blame you for that,citrus beverages and tea are good for cleansing and make you piss like a racehorse.at least in my experience.take this advice with a dose of salt though.i dont want you too have a blow out or something

>>quit taking Effexor because it was making me suicidal
I've been taking it for years. I get paranoid and fearful if I don't take it. If I leave it completely for a few days, I'm almost unable to leave the bed. I am quite clearly physically addicted to the stuff.
>I sincerely hope you guys don't fall for the (((antidepressants))) meme
I fell for it over ten years ago, as a young teenager. We had just had a guy shoot up a school, so they really started 'treating' children's mental health problems. Sad.

I remember being on cymbalta for 2 days. Totally fucked up and took a 30mg pill to start instead of a 10mg. I've never smoked meth before, But im pretty sure what I felt was akin to it.

Also I've been on lexapro/celexa for 6 years now. Not sure if it's still "working" or not, But I know damn well that the withdrawals are no fun. I got to the point where along with my brain tinges, I would also hear this maddening static noise every now and then that would piss me off to unreasonable amounts.

>tldr don't take that shit guys, find something else to numb the pain

Thanks for the vote of confidence, user. Cheers m8.

You're doing pretty alright if you made it a year and it feels normal. If you make it past the first ~3 months for initial CNS changes a year is roughly what you want for lasting CNS adaptation.

All I'm going to say to you is that I wish I were 17 or 23 or something like that again, and everything was so intense even if it hurt at the time. You have the whole rest of your life to shuffle around in boredom wondering when you can die and where all the excitement went.

Maybe look it up and get back to me....toss adrenechrome on your search tab

When i went to the E.R. my left testicle was hurting so bad i was begging them to cut it off. They did a CT scan and an ultrasound and found nothing.
So it had to be withdrawal from the Effexor.

it's like a weird "strong" feeling inside of your head. Imagine you haven't jacked off in 10 days and you're letting a load flow. It's uncomfortable. I've been on SSRI for a while.

Sounds like maybe it got twisted. That happens sometimes.

They looked for that.
Didn't find anything.

Still on Zoloft myself. I tried to get off of it but it was far too much. The anxiety nearly killed me. Even on it I can still feel the anxiety but it's much more tolerable.

It does kind of kill my emotions but you have no idea how bad it was.

Thats not a SAYWHUT Owl....That is a Sawhet owl...absolute tiny sweethearts.... and, yes, the Hilldabeast has Kuru

>It does kind of kill my emotions but you have no idea how bad it was.
Yes we do.

Holy shit, I've never heard of it being prescribed that high. The highest I ever went was 100 mg.

Well I'm glad they radiated your balls for your trouble :^)

Im looking to get back on meds due to my anxiety being so bad.

panic attacks, insomnia. I'll definitely refuse effexor if offered,as that pill is notorious for withdrawal effects.

but I welcome a drug that will relieve me of this constant hell im going through.

>pharmaceuticals
probably calls weed smokers "druggos" lol.

Look into ketamine for treatment of depression. You might have a type of medication resistant depression that is causing this.

Seriously the leaf advocating /fit/ is right. That shit literally stopped me from killing myself.

It's a jolt of pain that you can literally feel inside your head, like a spider moving in your brain, its a very unpleasant experience. I've been trying to taper off for months, the withdrawal symptoms are horrible.

Anybody on pol try kratom for anxiety/depression?