Hinduism general

Indian Paganism: The Last Living Expression of Aryan Beauty" - Savitri Devi, A Warning to the Hindus

cincinnatitemple.com/articles/HinduIndianNationalism1939.pdf

>What is Hinduism

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.

Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single concept of deity,

>A single holy text,

>A single system of morality,

>A central religious authority,

>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when light-skinned, nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India (circa 1500 BCE) from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n3/mode/1up
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp
sacred-texts.com/hin/
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg!o0Uk3KTJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Political significance of Hinduism
All the decadence of the world today has been predicted by Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga

>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
>Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
>At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser.

Kali Yuga with regard to human relationships

>Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
>People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
>Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
>Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
>People will take vows and break them soon after.
>People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
>Teachers will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama(lust) will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

Resources

>Introduction for westerner

archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n3/mode/1up
>Bhagavad Gita

bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html

>Upanishads

hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp

>Vedas

sacred-texts.com/hin/

>Ramayan

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa

>Mahabharata

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
>Ramayan anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY

What are we supposed to do with that info?

Discuss the political and philosophical relevance of Hinduism asa religion and political ideology?

It doesn't seem relevant outside of India.

>Discuss the political and philosophical relevance of Hinduism asa religion and political ideology?
It is shit.

>42694▶
If your culture is so superior why only New age cucks are interested in it?

Why is that? The philosophy of the religion was praised and used by a lot of western philosophers
What? That is most retarded thing I've heard, if the new age people are interested in western philosophers do they become shit too?

If you want to discuss how the religion was historically relevant to western philosophers you should try posting on or instead.

Nah they are a buch of faggots who take western interpretation of the religion at face value and act smug about it, although most of the time I just get Shitposting but I've had much better conversation on this board

Atman

Yes

So how do you break free of the Maya? Just meditate, yoga, weed and Kamasutra or does shitting on the street works the best?

Following your dharma, shitting in the streets is just a kind of mediation

Why aren't you a Jainist though? 10x better than Hinduism. It even got a swastika, clearly /ourreligion/

Jainism is some intense shit I cannot live without onion and garlic in my food and their philosophy is same as Hinduism it was the Britishers who classified them as a different religion

Can some Poo explain the central tenets of Hindusim, also what are the main characters in their storybooks?

You are born with a duty (dharma) the closer your karma (action you perform) is to your dharma the easier it is to escape the cycle of life and death, and yes our reality is the dream in front a cosmic consciousness and you become one with him by escaping the cycle

>main characters
It depends, the avatara of vishu are generally the main character but the million god thing isn't a meme we have million of stories with million of heroes

I got to say ancient Indian religion/culture is pretty based and has had tremendous influence in the eastern and western world. But after the Indus Valley civilization you guys just stood still and haven't done anything.

Indus valley civilization was before the iron age stop falling for paki memes

What texts should I read if I am interested in Hinduism? Anything that can be used as an introduction?
And how does it relate to Buddhism and the Vedas?

>how does it relate to Buddism
Buddhism stems form Hinduism, in my opinion it's Hindusim for export without a social structure
>Vedas
All our ceremonies are based off the Vedas

This is cool, but I feel like there should be an essential reading list somewhere.

The first 2 books are essential reading

Why can't you guys love Pakistan, it's your neighbor. Doesn't Hinduism has a teaching that says "love your neighbor" senpai?

(You)

I was looking for some sort of info graph like

I linked you the books with titles, you want me to create visual comics out of the so you can read, you are American aren't you

Yes, and please include plenty of pictures. Thank you.

Dude you got to redpill the normies with meme's and infographs.

Watch the anime that's more up to your speed

WEST CIV BTFO

Ok shitters. I was asking because theres so many of those floating around. I figured someone had one. They're useful to post in threads quickly when suggesting books to people.

No I was serious, we got to make meme's and infographs. That is the only thing that will register in the minds of these newer generation. I for exmple have read some books in pic related because the meme was to strong.
Make a street shit pill chart please, meme's are the only thing keeping us sane.

>street shit pilL

Im dead.

Oh! Before I forget. Have this.
mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg!o0Uk3KTJ

>Make a street shit pill chart please, meme's are the only thing keeping us sane.

I dont know enough about the subject to do that.
Maybe theres a Pajeet among us who knows better.

you make me a meme, slave.

you think there won't be a consequence for your retardation? fuck you and the trojan horse you rode in on.

Wow. Reminds me of Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff comics.

What even is this

Ayy lmao confirmed

Search the file name, it's not ayy lmao but ancient panjeets

Or maybe it's both
*que x-files theme music*

Ok streetshitters

God I love Hinduism. I remember I've Read The Bhagavad Gita and it inspired me so much I am totally a convert