Your Name doesn't get mentioned in Kinema Junpo's top 10 Japanese films of the year...

Your Name doesn't get mentioned in Kinema Junpo's top 10 Japanese films of the year. Former editor explains that it isn't based on popularity and that there will be a reader's choice award which it is almost sure to win because of immense popularity. It loses to the same film in that award too!
twitter.com/moviewalker_bce/status/826984299224199168

So who did he pissed off to get this many defeats in a row?

Based Kinema Junpo.

>waaah, my billion yen masterpiece wasn't mentioned in some old film magazine waaah

>masterpiece

As long as it can entertain people, I think Shinkai wouldn't mind that much about not getting any award. It's tha fans who always get frustrated. An acceptance from master Miyazaki is much more valuable.

>kimi no face when

Stop shilling this fucking film. It's a mediocre story with good visuals, just like all his films.

>le no Oscar face

Well a watchable release came out today so I think it's okay to talk about it. I personally held off but the 720p rip is totally fine.

I'd give him an Oscar if you know what I mean.

>A watchable release came out today
sauce

where the fuck do you think it is?

I honestly have no idea

Are you fucking kidding me?

Found it. Fuck you.
Also, good copy.

A cute! A CUTE!

When is Shinkai going to get a better haircut and ditch the soul patch? I am tired of looking at his stupid fucking bowlcut. Dude looks like a grandmother.

>Found it. Fuck you.
That's all I wanted user, you can do it if you try.

I need to crop the stupid letterbox though, for webm purposes

Good.

>no granny
is she kill? ;-(

She is still alive and well, living with Yotsuha near Tokyo or Itomori. Shinkai hopes she is healthy.

>asks for sauce
>vlcsnap.png

I already downloaded it by then. You know, fast internets.

Holy fuck that ending, don't do that to me. If that shit had ended like 5cm/s I would have fucking lost it.

It feels like he took some inspiration from Hosoda, overall it was amazing. This is the first time he's topped 5cm/s in my opinion, the only thing I have to complain about was the CG for the ritual scenes at the shrine and some cars, and the soundtrack was a bit of a letdown.

Other than that it was basically perfect. Really did remind me of Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo though.

The ritual scene is full hand-drawn animation.

>hardsubs
>watchable

Why would you even disagree with something that is quickly and demonstrably correct?

The ritual scene is rotoscoped 2D animation. Shinkai said it in an interview.

Because it is heavily references and high intensity keyframes animation.

Here is a keyframe.

There's no really competition if Kimi no na wa is here that's its exclude in this award