ITT: Overrated shit

Why did people like this show so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6NY-VIv5_yo
youtube.com/watch?v=UCVaU-R2Qes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it's good.

Why do people ask why other people enjoy something?

Honestly my favorite anime of all time. I rewatch the last episode at least once a month

>I CAME HERE TO DIE.

Gurren Lagann, not so good.

Let me guess, you came here with fresh butthurt from the ending?

FUCKING cuck shit

OP is fucking mad and can't stop sucking dicks
/thread

Thanks for the recommendation, senpai.
Everything Sup Forums calls overrated is usually good stuff.

This is now a Katanagatari thread

Favorite sword? Doll sword is clearly best

NISIOISIN cockgobblers hyping it up.

This will never get old.
Dokuto Mekki.

Honestly my favorite last episode of any series

Visuals aside, Katanagatari is simply a mediocre story featuring a slutty female MC and her murderous sidekick.

Overrated trash.

shichirin

Nanami.

Was the tribe girl, the kendo woman, and the spirit the only people that weren't villains in this anime? Pretty hilarious how everyone failed in the show

>someone on Sup Forums has shit tastes
color me shocked. go back to watching seasonal trash.

Monster is the worst anime I've ever watched.

I'm convinced weebs only pretend to like it to appear "smart".

Cute white haired girl

>Evangelion, Lain, Lotgh, Monster, Ghost in the Shell, Tatami Galaxy, Haibane Renmei, Kaiba

All pretentious garbage that makes the average view think they are smarter than they actually are..

monster is good because it's trash.
how did you watch the whole thing and not get it.

You forgot Ergo Proxy and texhnolyze.

Easily one of the worst shits I've watched.
Could have been good if this bitch and betaMC weren't in it.

>this thread is bait
Katanagatari is like actually pretty great though, doesn't Sup Forums generally agree on that?

Everyone knows that show is garbage tho. It's got some fun parts, but 80% of the cast was more interesting than the main duo. The main character was also fucking awful in general, being a beta piece of shit all day.

Yes.

So they can feel like special snowflakes for not liking it.

I literally cannot understand anyone liking SoL trash like Hibike. Like you must have such a shitty life to be invested in a high school Chinese cartoon girl drama

What happens at the end?

I dropped it after he killed his aneki

I wouldn't say, everyone. You'd be surprised how many fuckers say that its one of the best.

Yeah, fucking people with shit taste. My old bud swore by it and he had me and another friend watch it with him. He got really depressed as we watched it with him and trashed it thoroughly.

It's pretty good and I like the whole ending rendering everything for naught. I think it's better than rest of Bake barring Kizu which I read for a bit and never got around to finishing.

Yeah sure these are all overrated shit but everyone's already heard of them what are some more obscure shows that are overrated shit? I've been meaning to find some new shows to avoid lately. I've already avoided Gankutsuou, Shin Sekai Yori, penguindrum, war in the pocket. I need to know about some less popular overrated shit. I mean really dig deep, what's some overrated shit that we never talk about.

Fave sword was probably the Snow Lolis

the real question here is

WHOS YOUR FAVORITE MANIWANI?

>going out of your way to avoid shows that a lot of people like.
This is either some intense autism or a not so subtle attempt at getting recs.
Penguin is best.

Good on you. I, unfortunately, forced myself to watch it after 14episodes of bullshit I decided to just grind through it instead of dropping it in hopes the ending would be half decent.
Boy was I disappointed.

You know it's completely unrelated to monogatari other than the naming convention right?

Because most else is suck shit.

The one got possessed by Shikizaki and the leader. I forgot his name.
I was just comparing it to the rest of Iain's works that I've seen. I know that they are completely independent of each other.

The fucking music is the biggest reason why. One of Iwasaki's best, and one of the best anime soundtracks ever made.

Hell, when has an anime soundtrack ever homaged Taxi Driver, of all things?

youtube.com/watch?v=6NY-VIv5_yo
youtube.com/watch?v=UCVaU-R2Qes

The purple girl who attacked the snow loli was pretty great.
Houou ended up being far better than his outfit suggested.

>It didn't end the way I wanted it to end!

..and that's pretty much the point of the story

you thought Houou was gonna be lame?

But everything went right. Maybe the maniwa or nanami should have survived, but that's it really. Can't think of anything else that particularly bothered me.

Honestly the ending makes it seem rather trivial. They could have done a better job explaining it. The final message and the rational behind the princess seems to be the one thing people tend to misunderstand or just straight up fail to get.

Still excels regardless of that though.

The ones who failed at revenge...
The ones who failed at their goals...
The ones who fell before achieving their aspirations...
The ones who did not succeed...

The ones who lost...
The ones who stumbled...
The ones who rotted...

The ones who fought with all their might, sacrificed everything,
just to have their work be for naught, yielding fruitless results,
who died unfairly, or perhaps illogically,
tragically, without face, full of regrets...

The story which offers a happy future for them,
filled with hopes and dreams...

"Katanagatari" quietly lowers its curtains here.

I still don't know what the glass sword's ability was.

>I don't like anything that was made with a bit more thought, so I'll just say it's all pretentious so I can still feel good about watching shallow moe shows with lots of cute girls.

>muh moe
Way to prove him right.

I like Gankutsuou

>nanami should have survived
Nah she needed to die. Ice loli could have suffered a little less and not have had her village destroyed though.

so true. it's not horrible but it certainly isn't as great as most make it out to be
especially r2

Maniwagatari prequel when?

this mediocre thrash is so fucking overrated by gainax fags

>"swordsman"
>doesn't use a sword

>swordman

>tfw favorite anime/manga isn't in here
Feels good man

The only thing I legit didn't like was getting trolled over the off-screen fight.

It was fun but obviously the author had no idea what he was doing other than "cool swords"

After the eighth or so episode you realize the ending is going to be shit and it delivers a pile of shit.

I had difficulties to take anything seriously when the mc walks around wearing male stripper costume.
In general theres nothing good about the guys design, hes basically a shitty goku.

I know it exists, but when is someone gonna translate it ;_;

Is there any good doujins of Togame?

Fave in design is kanna, favorite episode around a sword is definitely hakari

all maniwanis are good

The best fucking fight ever

Why did people watch anime?

Cowboy Bepop is literally hailed as a masterpiece, when it is merely average at best. Animes like Space Dandy have surpassed Cowboy Bepop in the same genre.

The alive one. :^)

>I've been meaning to find some new shows to avoid lately.
I hope you're being ironic.

Perfect sharpness (maybe so sharp it could generate shockwaves too) but it had to be swung in a perfect arc to avoid breaking.