Sasuke

What is your opinion on this guy? I know he gets lots of criticism for being edgy etc but I felt he was one of the most interesting characters. When he got panel time usually there was some cool shit going and down and he had some of the best fights in the series.

my favorite walking disaster

Honestly for all the shit kishi gets, Sasuke was downright hilarious at times.

The only good thing he did in his life was siring the perfect innocent cinnamon roll that is Sarada.

>> I know he gets lots of criticism for being edgy etc

yeah sorry ....

>one of the most interesting characters
he almost singlehandedly turned a decent if a bit trite coming of age story into a melodramatic trainwreck

the only people who find him interesting are tumblrinas

chuunin exam sasuke > sensei/dad sasuke > early p2 hebi sasuke > land of waves sasuke > taka sasuke > MuhKillItachi sasuke > MuhKillKonoha sasuke >>>>>>> war arc "yeah sorry" sasuke

It's really weird how in p3/boruto he has become one of the most enjoyable characters. It's like kishi always knew how he wanted him to end up but not quite how to get him there

I used to hate him with a passion until I realised literally any child who had their entire family murdered by their brother would end up having something wrong with them

I don't necessarily hate HIM but i do hate his goddamn magic eyes. Naruto started off as a cute little series about wizards who called themselves ninjas. Then it slowly devolved into 'my magic eyes are better than your magic eyes hurr durr'

>he almost singlehandedly turned a decent if a bit trite coming of age story into a melodramatic trainwreck
Fucking this. I'm actually reading through the series right now for God knows what reason and the series literally turns to shit when Sasuke becomes the co-protagonist instead of the rival/secondary protag.

Reminder he technically lost the Itachi fight.
Reminder he basically lost the Naruto fight.

I'm not sure if I ever understood Itachi's intentions. I don't think I understand why Obito pretended to be retarded and pretended to be Madara either. Honestly if you take the Uchiha's out of the equation you make Naruto more formulaic but much more enjoyable

He wanted to make sure Sasuke was strong enough to look after himself, Itachi was dying of ninja aids and didn't have long. Also Sasuke defeating Itachi would have made him a hero in the eyes of the village because they though Itachi was evil.

Sasuke wasn't even that bad, Naruto was just completely obsessed with his dick

Should've gotten with karin just to piss off SSfags and Sakurafags.

This was savage as fuck.

Sasuke is a terrible character, but still not as bad as his brother.

Itachi might be the biggest Mary Sue in anime history.

Is there a youtube montage only depicting scenes of Sasuke getting is ass kicked by everyone?

>tumblr

Sasuke not even that bad
he is just a fucked up kid that was thinking on how to bring peace to the world with out living in it yet
hell in the end he become the voice of the reader
like when he told Kakashi that he is as useless as sakura
and when obito come back from the dead to give Kakashi a power up he says he cant do that

Whats up with that plot hole where Chidori needed Sharingan to be used effectively, but then you have Cloud Ninjas using ultra full body Chidori charges without any problems without sharingan?

It needed the sharingan because you charge in a straight line at them and need precog to avoid their attack and then counter with ur chidori. You didn't need sharingan to use it just use it effectively vs a moving target.

The full body electric thing wasn't related to chidori other then being the same chakra nature and just amped ur physicals by increasing reaction time.

definitely one of the best characters. Naruto the series wouldn't be half as interesting and popular without him.

He was horribly dull when you step back and examine his actions and personality.

Kishi wanted to keep up the 'mysterious' angle to his characterization by keeping his ultimate goals and thoughts murky but all it succeeded in doing is painting a portrait of an angry autist with no real conviction or plan.

The worst part of everything is that after he kills his brother Kishi keeps using the 'he's special' angle for the villains to be interested in him. Literally this is the entire reason why he was even allowed to live at this point because he was apparently special in some way. And then it's ultimately not only forgotten about but completely irrelevant once Obito and Madara's real goals are unveiled.

Him and his entire stupid clan have this reek about them where you can see the plot being haphazardly written as it comes.

My opinion is literally the opposite.
It may've ended up overall better but without him Naruto would be forgettable and generic; same how Dragon Ball would've been better if it was over after Piccolo's arc.
He ended up defining what the series' identity was moreso than the titular character.

that's actually a good point, what the fuck was this spiel about connecting him to the gedo mazo or whatever

or am l completely misremembering

He would have been good if he stayed like he was during the Killer Bee fight and continued to progress down that path rather than 'muh darkness' bullshit that drove this manga to hysterically poor writing.

Sasuke forming his own clique and 'family' would have been a better method of achieving his whole rebuilding the Uchihas goal than just banging Sakura once after getting his ass beat and fucking off for 10 years despite knowing the pain of not growing up with parents.

He should have been a parallel to Naruto that fought with him over the actual position of Hokage rather than pulling out the whole 'I have to be the villain to keep everyone united!" idiocy at the last moment to give them a reason to fight and brutally at that. The last fight was pretty well done if anything but everything leading up to it was retarded.

Itachi was by far the best character. Must have banged so much pussy

He's okay, the sharingan is retarded though. It eventually got to the point where it was getting a power up every 10 chapters.

No. Sharingan is really made to be overpowered. The Uchiha were the strongest clan with the strongest kekai genkai

He's an awful inconsistent wreck. After Itachi died, you could tell Kishi didn't know what to do with him so he went full fucking edge.
>Itachi doesn't want him to nuke the village
>Sasuke says fuck it
>Spends his life honoring his dead family
>Becomes a dad and fucks off from his daughter's life for 12 years
You cannot make this up, he's an unintentonal joke

>He would have been good if he stayed like he was during the Killer Bee fight and continued to progress down that path
no actually this was by far the worst aspect of his character and why he was so cancerous

hey sasuke don't pursue revenge or else bad things will happen

loljk l'll do just that, betray my village by training under its mortal enemy, try to kill my friend and get rewarded with new friends, lots of power and more victories than the retarded main character

there was a time in the manga where he literally was the main character which completely trivialized everything the narrative had built up beforehand

>Best dad of the Leaf finally sees his daughter 10+ years later.
>Almost kills her.

Nice.

to be fare Naruto wanted to go with him
at the end i think he just want to be left alone
o hi Naruto there a big threat that only my eyes can see i better go on a mission to save the world
yea and i wont turn traitor or any thing
you have my lovely wife and baby
naruto : yea i better come with you best buddy
Sasuke : shit well that fai....wait you are the hokage and cant leave the village unprotected i better do this alone on the leafs budget

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.
I’m talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Izanagi and Izanami), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using the Infinite Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu, Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu.

This cracks me up every time.

What does any of it even mean

Is just the combination of the most powerful jutsus and kekai genkai.

Before Madara was revived, Sasuke was being groomed to be Obito's partner in crime for the Ten-Tails.

Nothing more cancerous than the Sasuke spammer.

He is a piece of shit. Is this enough?

He hijacked the entire series and made it terrible because he acted like a straight out villain for 2/3rds of the series and never suffered ANY consequences for it. On the contrary he got his dick sucked constantly for how hard his life was even though he threatened to straight up murder Sakura like 3 or 4 times.

A huge problem with Naruto as a series was the fact that so much of the series was about Naruto's massive homoerotic crush on Sasuke despite the fact they were never actually friends at any point, they were rivals who had at best a grudging respect for one another. There was no reason Naruto should be hyperventilating over a guy he never really understood in the first place.

Yall know he's lelouche right?

>the only people who find him interesting are tumblrinas
You forgot to mention the 13 years old edgelords.

He said sorry

What did he mean by this?

>He hijacked the entire series and made it terrible because he acted like a straight out villain for 2/3rds of the series and never suffered ANY consequences for it.
He did get rekt by Killer Bee and the Raikage though.

>rekt Raikage
>Tanking a few hits vs losing an arm
It was a draw with Sasuke winning in points at best.
Bee humiliated him thoroughly though.

He would have been ok if Kishi hadn't kept pushing for him to be redeemable so hard. I mean shit, after the second time he tried to murder Sakura in cold blood maybe that's not really a convincing position. Funny edgy moments though.

Itachi let him win and Naruto was holding back the entire time so he didnt kill him.

He's a fun guy but people forget that the kage summit arc isn't all there is to his character. Kishi fucked up by getting rid of the cursed seal/Orochimaru so early and then by dropping Taka's plot arcs.

Tanking yes but if you re read he was getting FUCKED UP by those hits even with Susannoo

what i hate most about naruto is how the story kept getting worse over time with absolutely ridiculous power levels
it was at its best when it was about of group of ninjas and kept getting worse after sasuke fled
i also love how orochimaru got away with everxthing he did cuz lol i helped in the last war

It would have been better if it was implied that he and Kabuto got clemency because they promised to cough up the secret to giving people more bloodline limits in exchange.

I think we've gone past "might be."
I still haven't found someone was super perfect as him yet.

Literally every villain got away with what they did. Naruto defended Tobi and called him the 'Coolest Guy' when he was responsible for his mothers death. Even Madara was mourned when he died despite being the fucker who cause the whole shitstorm in the first place.

I think he's better than what people give him credit for, but he's still not very good.
Would've prefered they spent more time building on certain aspects of his personality like his constant change of motives and a better explanation as to why he's doing the things he does.

By Hashirama alone, and Hashirama was, if anything, gayer for Madara than Naruto was for Sasuke.

yeah both of you are right
i also like to pretend that madara was the last great war villain
the last fight was just awful

>I think he's better than what people give him credit for
how

what aspects of his character makes you think "yeah this works, this is well written"

the only way you could unironically enjoy him is if you think "nothing personnel, kid" characters are genuinely badass

His personality change made no damn sense
Naruto and sasuke calling themselves best friends made no damn sense
Sakura's and Karen's love for him made no damn sense
Shikamaru was naruto's real best friend compare to sasuke

Anyone got a picture of the 2nd hokage being dramatic and saying uchiha

I can understand Naruto viewing Sasuke as a friend, Sasuke basically died for him once and then stepped up to do it again vs Gaara, but I still think Kishi should have gone slower and showed them actually being friends before things went to hell.

He was my favorite character by far until the Sasuke retrieval arc. Then things started going downhill

He's horrible. He was ok until after the chuunin exams, then slowly went to shit until he managed to singlehandly fuck over the whole show.
Him being somehow likeable in Boruto makes as little sense as his previous characterisation, but at this point I don't even care anymore.

He's better in that boruto manga

>I don't think I understand why Obito pretended to be retarded
Wasn't that the white guy Obito befriended while he was recovering? Both the mask and personality match, and they had worked together before. I assumed Obito just left the talking to him.

t. 13 year old
Naruto was great because a literal shit eater wanted to become the most respectable guy in the village.
It'd have been great to see him do missions like he did at the start of Naruto and slowly become more likeable and gain influence over the years

Instead we got
>SASUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>NARUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

I unironically liked Sauce

Consider this.
If Naruto was a girl all along and in the end saved Sasuke from the edge; this would be unironically the greatest love story ever told.

I mean to be fair he was pretty hot, he made me a bit gay back then and all

It would have been better if Sasuke and Gaara were Naruto's love interests, they had more personality and chemistry than Sakura and Hinata at least.

>chapter 700
>naruto hands sasuke his old headband on the way out of the village
>"btw i'm a girl"
Pure kino in manga form.

>that hokage monument
KEK

Ha.

SAUCEGAY

But seriously, this guy is changing his colours like a chameleon, but stays always a little shit.

Should I post the rest?

Anyone else think the Manga would have been better if naruto was a girl that lusts after Sauce?

yes

Your will is my command.

It would not only be better, but it would make any sort of sense.

last one