What the actual heck is up with the blatant nepotism in fansubbing...

What the actual heck is up with the blatant nepotism in fansubbing? I just went to get a show from Nyaa and for some ungodly reason Chihiro is the blue group even though they've barely subbed half of it and it's been over for like two months. Do fansubbers really have the luxury to be giving each other preferential treatment when they're in danger of dying as it is, thanks to the growing popularity of official translations?

they have microdicks so they compensate on the internets

theyre not in danger of dying. real groups are already dead, killed off by Crunchyroll rippers and shekel peddlers. The "donations plox! ^^;" meme is just a shekel scam.

This is the reason why I, for one, welcome our CR overlords. Fansubbing is a complete shitshow as it is and there is no reason it should exist as the donations-grabbing failure it is now.

This

Time to learn runes I guess

cartel, daiz, and other shills

You are the kind of cancer that killed fansubs too.

>donating 2 bucks? fuck no. they don't deserve it. Paying a monthly subscription to CR? Sing me up.

Fuck off with that logic.

C A R T E L
A
R
T
E
L

>Paying Pirates
Yeah sure.

Wait 10 years and buy the overpriced bds then.

Supporting CR supports the industry. Supporting a fansubber just supports some fat neckbeard who lives with his mother and makes a point of making himself one of the most unpleasant people in the world to interact with (herkz).

>Supporting CR supports the industry
Marginally.
Absolutely right about herkz though.

Wasn't Chihiro hated by the "cartel"?

>supporting CR supports the industry
Save your shitty monthly payments and buy something that actually supports the industry, like BDs or figs.

you don't know what you're talking about

t. herkz

CONSPIRACY!

>t.
Crossboarder filth detected.

Marginally is better than not at all.

>barely subbed half of it
I don't see how that's relevant. If their subs are The Bestâ„¢ for the episodes they've done then those episodes will be blue.

You could buy the BDs or the figures to ACTUALLY support the industry.

Yeah, but I think they got rid of Kristen who was the main reason the cartel was anti-Chihiro. Honestly it's all very "school playground"-esque drama.

It's all overpriced bullshit. $150 for a piece of plastic which doesn't even look all that great? Fuck that. Crunchyroll at least is actually affordable.

Yeah but CR doesn't actually support the industry either.

That's the thing. They aren't even the best. Chyuu did a superior job in less time yet because Daiz is all buddy-buddy with Chihiro he blue them, despite their slow and mediocre releases.

What show are we talking about

So you're too stupid to save up?

>Yeah but CR doesn't actually support the industry either.
I'd love to hear your logic as to how they don't.

>I want to support the industry
>I don't want to spend money

The stupid person is the one who is dumb enough to buy a shitty figurine instead of something with actual value.

On one hand, without CR we would have never got a lot of the anime we got, especially something like Rakugo. On the other hand, often they do a poor job and they don't translate everything, so we do need fangroups.

>actual value
Like figure, which you can resell and can't torrent, unlike videos from Crunchyroll?

>something with actual value
Lad if anything the figures and BDs are worth more because if it comes down to brass tacks they at least represent physical wealth.

>writing the anime original ending of Akame ga Kill
The funny thing the anime original ending actually made more sense than the retarded bullshit we got in the manga.

what is this chart supposed to represent

at least the manga gave us semen pool.

>Planting drugs on Ai Takabe to prevent another season of Kill Me Baby
>Writing the anime original ending of Kuma Miko

>I am materialistic. I only see value in physical things.
It's a waste of time trying to explain it to you.

I feel like the dudes at White Fox looked at where the manga was going and went "Fuck this. We're writing our own ending." I'm thankful to them for it, at least it meant it ended instead of having to draw it out for another two years.

So if you see value in the digital releases, why not simply torrent those releases? HS might just be crunchyroll but it's the same shit that CR would be releasing for a monthly fee.

>hurr I'm not poor I want to support the industry
Then buy the BDs, buy the figs, buy the manga, buy the LNs?

So what value do you see in using shitty streaming service instead of downloading?

Then why don't you just shove the money up your ass? Holy shit. This guy.

Rakugo? That would have been easily subbed..

At it's peak fansubbing got just as many shows, and sometimes more. Even know there's a handful of shows CR doesn't do.

No one gives a shit about fansubs anymore.
It isn't 2009 you fuck
just wait til someone rips the official video

Wtf? Kmb? I'm going to go stab him!!!!

>Lots of old dead groups be here

I'd say a lot of people do
Especially for blurays, which CR just flat out doesn't do.

Why don't you shove your childish attitude up your ass?

>>Especially for blurays, which CR just flat out doesn't do.
Nobody gives a shit about BRs. They're only "notable" for 2% of releases, and even then you can just look at a screenshot comparison.

>Too stupid to understand how to spend money wisely

I don't understand the issue here. You're acting like meme subs like Commie haven't been selected as A+ on Nyaa for years. It literally means nothing. Just ignore it and download quality ones instead.

>says as he's wasting his money on Crunchy

Considering that BDs get a lot of downloads on nyaa and AB and such you're talking out of your ass

>buying a CR subscription when you can literally download the same thing for free is wise spending
I could understand if HS didn't exist.

>it's better to give 2 cents to all the studios equally than 50 bucks to a studio I actually like, AND get something in return
Kill yourself. I don't even like figs, but at least it's actually supporting something.

>Nobody gives a shit about BRs
That's not true. Anyone that's picking up a year+ old anime is going to torrent the BD over the TV.

Great to hear you're supporting inaccurate and biased translations.

>spend money wisely
You're paying to stream anime m8.

>This guy still torrents and wastes his good harddrive space
heh

>biased
Not him and I don't use HS except for air-day or for ones nobody picked up but how is it biased? Curious to know

>good hard drive space
Lad a 4TB HDD is like 100 bucks and is enough space for you to download EVERYTHING released for two years, anime, shorts, specials, and movies.

Nice dubs.

>thumbnail
Is this on purpose

If you care so much why dont you make your own Nyaa ripoff?

>especially something like Rakugo
Rakugo would have been subbed, I remember thread discussing the possibility of anons subbing it, before the simulcast got announced very close to the beginning of airing.

> At it's peak fansubbing got just as many shows, and sometimes more
If you waited three to nine months after it ended, sure.

welcome to the cartel.

Fansub groups killed fansubbing by acting like teenaged girls.
When they do finally sub something, they need to make it "theirs" by taking creative liberties with the subs, changing them to things they think are funny. Remember that time Herkz came here and posted about how he sincerely believes that the average human being talks like Sup Forums users type?

gg was the A+ release for Hyouka for the longest time despite dropping it like 1/3 into the series.

Fansub groups died on their own because HS releases fast as fuck with more or less acceptable quality - not optimal but at least they actually finish the series on time and not half a year later. People still download fansub groups after the fact sometimes but the mere existence of HS means they have an uphill battle.

>Fansub groups killed fansubbing by acting like teenaged girls.
No, simulcasting killed fansubbing by making it semi-redundant and reducing the audience drastically.

Right, they were so quickly and easily overtaken because they're slow, act like complete faggots and pump out bullshit.

It's mainly because they're slow.

>go to nyaa
>HS uploads are almost always above 150-200 seeds
>other fansubbing groups barely get 10
>HS are pretty okay quality I guess
>other fansubbing groups are varying quality. Some of them are truly awesome, but not all of them.
>HS usually gets subs out the next day when a show airs
>other fansubbing groups waste time and effort by subbing shows that are 2-3 years old, everyone already seen them, and they do it on a really slow pace, like 1 episode per week at best

oh geez, I wonder why everyone downloads HS and why CR is a thing
they just can't compete, can they?

What I find lame is that some things go completely unsubbed or are left to inexperienced one man groups while some show on CR has three different groups working on it. There was a short show a while ago called Suzakinishi that's still unsubbed, two groups picked it up and both stopped (up to episode 4). Last season's Idol Memories is up to episode 7 thanks to some guy called Thundra-Subs. The new Seitokai Yakuindomo OVAs aren't getting subbed at all. And so on.

I like better typesetting and chapter markers and shit, but they aren't THAT important.

Yeah it's terrible
Especially when there's more than one group on a single series that CR already has, I mean sure if FFF picks up a series that CR has that's fine but when FFF and Damedesuyo and whatever all pick it up I'm just, can't you find better targets that won't get subbed if you don't do it?

>The new Seitokai Yakuindomo OVAs aren't getting subbed at all
Is it the complexity/speed of the dialog that puts fansubbers off in this case? Sucks, I'm not smart enough to get fluent in moon.

Why would you go to nyaa? You're literally drinking Daiz's piss as he hand picks the "good" groups.

Just use TT like a normal person. Or go directly to the site of whatever group you prefer.

Translating something and being fluent in it are different
Like you can easily be fluent but not want to bother with translating because it's a fucking hassle and it's not even like LNs where fundamentally it comes down to just rewriting, no here you have to write up sub scripts, time them, etc.
It's a massive pain in the arse

>TT
what

If I'm not mistaken, the first season was fansubbed and there was no simulcast. Several OVAs got fansubbed too.

>remember when nyaa allowed all kinds of groups
>they started some fansub group illuminati where perfectly good groups were blacklisted from nyaa for not sucking the right cocks or getting more leechers than their blue friends
>groups got killed because most of their users only knew nyaa
>recently saw a guy who does nothing but nitpick over small releases and remakes them with his autistic "fixes" get blue status for being herkz's friend
>guy literally contributes nothing but will bully and overtake budding fansubbers just cuz

This is how you murder a fansub community.

>what

Google Tokyo Toshokan damn man

>Tokyo Toshokan
Isn't that in Japanese though

Nope. You can use it in English.

>Tokyo Toshokan
>in Japanese
...no?

Rip OVAs, BD extras, movies, webtoons and anything that's not TV.

TT, at least for anime, is mostly the same stuff as nyaa. Hell iirc it even links to nyaa, the only thing that's different is the "good" and "bad" group listing

I see plenty of releases on nyaa that aren't popular and aren't from any established group.

He probably got mad that Youjo Senki had a guy saying "You damn Republicans!"

I'm not saying they don't allow non-blue subbers but they've done a lot of damage just to have a "elite" class on the website and are still giving preference to "the blues" for no better reason than nepotism.

Does anyone use Shana Project? I bookmarked it once when both nyaa and TT went down but never used it since then.

You're right about all of this, but Doki is a very bad group. I'm glad Nyaa doesn't allow them.

Problem with SYD is the only group that cared about doing it was UTW and they're dead now.

>I'm glad Nyaa doesn't allow them.
Since when?

Fansubbing died with Hadena bullying.

Very long time ago. Multiple years at this point. If I remember correctly it wasn't even because of their sub quality (at least, on the surface) but because one of them threw a tantrum and started spamming garbage torrents.

Even worse about Idol Memories, the dude doesn't sub half the episode because it's the seiyuu talking.

Damn it, I want more subbed interviews and stuff. I find them really interesting.

Didn't Coalgirls die recently too?