Why are America's malls are rotting away?

Once a great American institution, malls today have fallen on hard times. Gone are the glory days of the past when malls were bustling centers of the community teaming with families and shoppers. With the economy booming and unemployment rate so low how did malls come to be in such dire straights?
>America's malls are rotting away
>The worst is yet to come for American shopping malls.
>As major department stores close their doors, the malls that housed those stores are facing a serious crisis.
>As anchor tenants leave a mall, it opens the door for other stores to break their leases or negotiate much cheaper rent.
>As one big store closes, it can take several smaller stores along with it like a house of cards.
>The weakest malls then enter "death spirals."
>A quarter of American malls will close in five years -- around 300 out of 1,100 that still currently exist.
>Sears (SHLD), which had operated nearly 3,800 stores as recently as a decade ago is now down to 1,104 stores. Macy's (M) closed 68 stores this year, and JCPenney (JCP) was set to shutter 128.
>More than 300 retailers have already filed for bankruptcy this year.
>"If that's not an apocalypse then I don't know what is," says Davidowitz.
money.cnn.com/2017/12/12/news/companies/mall-closing/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruen_transfer
kpic.com/news/local/shots-fired-outside-downtown-nike-store-in-line-for-new-air-jordans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Why are America's malls are rotting away?
niggers and the internet

>drive through heavy traffic
>arrive at mall
>push through crowds and hop from store to store looking for something that might not even be available
As opposed to
>go on amazon/ebay
>search something up
>order

malls are shit tier monuments to blind consumerism
good riddance

This.

I mean I still go to a mall / store buy clothes. I have to try them on to see if I like them. Or anything I want to test in person.

Other than that I just go online.

Just turn malls into refugee centers for mostly young male Africans.

black people and other minorities

terrible selection, all the good stuff at a place like Macy's, Lord & Taylor, etc. is online. Also Department stores have so many confusing sales that I tend to buy only when I'm sitting down and reviewing everything carefully

Dis

Diversity makes malls full of shitty mongrels who steal and abuse customer service.

Three malls near me are about dead now. Of course Sup Forums thinks it's minorities doing this but my area is 96% white.

People are just fucking broke. Going to the mall wasn't about "going shopping" 20-30 years ago, it was about having enough spare cash to just buy random shit and kill some time and hang out with friends. Now people don't even want to spend the gas or bus fare to get to the place, let alone wasting a couple hundred bucks fucking around at the mall.

Consumerism is dead because the american consumer has no money. We only shop for bargains now, stuffing our homes with chinese junk because it's all we can afford.

I'd argue it's a lack of supermarkets in the malls.
When I was in the US I noticed that malls rarely had supermarkets to buy your weekly shopping and foodstuffs.

Here in Australia and other places that's pretty much standard, you go there to get food and then enough people get distracted that they go buy junk in other locations nearby that they're walking past to boost the rest.

Malls in the US relied on big retailers like Sears, Macy etc to be the anchor but that model died with the internet and without the anchor to drag people in regularly you don't get the Gruen transfer going on( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruen_transfer ).

Also they're open all day and unemployed people and undesirable people have nothing better to do but loiter and make the place less desirable. Basically Malls are like every other board on Sup Forums after Sup Forums moves in.

this. brick and mortar are obsolete.

I'd say buying things online is just too convenient.

I noticed this recently. I went to the mall about two months ago, and it was damn near dead. Half the stores inside were shut down, very few people were shopping there, most of the workers were foreign (one was an obvious tranny), etc..
Whereas, that same mall was absolutely booming the last time I was there, which was during the Bush administration, before the recession. It was a depressing sight.

amazon

>a great American institution

OP, neck yourself. Malls are nothing more to shrines of the merchant for the purpose of separating you from your money.

Macys stopped selling Trump ties and lost half thier customer base. Guess the goodwill from illegal aliens doesnt count for shit.

Every mall within my community is just flooded with niggers, both regular and of the sand variety. Why wouldn't I just go to Amazon/eBay, where not only the price is better but I don't have to deal subhumans?

Macy's sold me a stamped 999 silver ring that was magnetic.....................................

Malls should be repurposed into display centers showcasing cultural and scientific achievement and technology.

The sales centers that existed pre- internet killed the merchant but people still like to see things I person.

I've read of a mall that was turned into an indoor garden that turned until a disaster due to insects. Some get turned into community living, that seems neat.

Sad to see such large buildings lose their purpose

>building made by jews are dying and this is a bad thing
t.

We give you the same answers every fucking time you make these shit threads.
The internet is cheaper and more convenient and you don't have to deal with niggers.

Overpriced (literal) shit merchandise/ services.
Niggers & spics. (Safety)
Not necessarily in any order.

Her in Australia we also have libraries and government agencies like city council offices, medicare, centrelink(for people on the dole)as tenants in our Shopping Centres which gets people inside and walking around.

American malls need to work out how to get people walking around them again.

I think that's the main reason, but there are a few others. AIUI the planning system in Australia didn't allow too many large malls t be built, while America was more laissez faire.

And I heard another reason on the radio a few hours ago: previous generations of teens liked hanging round in malls, but that holds no appeal any more.

I know of some malls with Centrelink near them, and employment agencies inside, but which mall has a Centrelink in it?

they arent., you just live in a shit town

Do you like going to the mall?

>falling for the clothes jew
I have been wearing the same shit for the paat 5 years

yes but other people like having pride and self-respect

>niggers spics indiepoos
>Amazon

Why malls are dying

the society of wall E
thanks to amazon, ebay and co. You can order everything from home. No intermediaries, best prices.

Used to be how parents got their teenagers out of the house so they could have kinky sex. Now the little shits spend all day on Facebook at home and Dad is mad he has to bust a nut quietly while staring longily at his Dom outfit.

>with the economy booming and unemployment rate so low
hahahaha
>"if that's not an apocalypse then I don't know what is"
yea, losing your revenue because the bottom level of the pyramid is finally falling out is an apocolypse.

You want to know why malls are dead? See

Yeah one total dump in AZ had a grand reopening after they put a walmart in the mall. It was a sea of niggers and spics.

My mall is always full of niggers buying the newest nikes, plus its filled with middle eastern assholes with their "magic" hair and skin shit that keep trying to stop me so i can try and buy their useless product.

Because being gothic went out of fashion.

Amazon

I've never seen a mall that carries actual rare top-shelf designer brands, they're full of all the same basic bitch poorfag stores

Do you know how hard and expensive it is to heat a shared walkway between many shops?
Oudoor shopping distircts are superior.

> Some get turned into community living, that seems neat.

B-b-but that'll lower my property value, goy. Also fuck young people.

I think the implication is that it is mostly minorities who use the malls. They don't really have anything to offer other than being a spectacle of consumerism and a place to gather.

The answer, as always, is niggers. Anecdotal evidence: last time I thought about going to the mall was about a year ago. I needed some thermal paste, but I live in the boonies and the closest place was Radio Shack in the mall. So I decided to call them up and make sure they had some in-stock before fighting my way over there through traffic. I was on hold for five minutes before some scrawny nog finally picked up; when I asked if they had any thermal paste, he told me he was with a customer and I'd have to come down and look for myself. When I asked him if I didn't count as a customer he was just like, "naw not really" and hung up. I decided I'd rather wait three days for it to be delivered from Newegg than endorse that sort of noggery. Haven't set foot in a mall since.

full of niggers

Malls have always been stinking shitholes from my experience, even when I was a kid. They lived LONG passed their prime.

>celebrating the """culture""" of temples to mass consumerism and Jewish excess, the very symbol of greed and degeneracy in America

You lost child, the only thing you should be celebrating is their demise. They were the very representation of America throwing away it's cultural and spiritual roots in favor of materialism and consumerist excess.

No joke: the last time I went to the mall I came back outside to find a bullet hole in my front quarterpanel. Fucking niggers, everywhere.

This mall in particular (Hanes Mall, any NCfags here?) has had to enact curfews and "youth" provisions ie: gangs of niggers are roaming the stores near evening hours and scaring the good white folk.

It ruins your property value because most people don't want minorities and homeless people living in government funded housing next door.

How is it that these stupid fucks don't get this? Like really. The system breaks if you don't have anything at the bottom to support it. These fucking oligarchs always forget this shit. I tone out commercials like I got dissociation. I have only been to a mall to buy shit for a woman or cloths for me.

P much nogs.
Even in Portland, which has only a 6% black populations you get shit like this.

kpic.com/news/local/shots-fired-outside-downtown-nike-store-in-line-for-new-air-jordans

Theyll make great schools or community centers one day

hell its local tax payers that foot most of the bill for these things anyway

good riddance

/thread

i understand that clothes are most comfortable just before they disintegrate but sometimes you need fresh threads to look presentable

They are jungle gyms for minorities

I wonder who is behind this post?

This
It's just like the Domain in Austin but the Domain also has apartments and full on companies within the area. The place has be come a little city within a city. But the point is that it has more than just stores.

I mean malls are pretty iconically American. In American fiction set after 1950 or so the mall is the place young people hang out, kind of like a more modern version of the bazaar. I mean they are dumb as hell but they are definately iconic.

One post by id, same thread posted every fucking day to slide the board. sage/hide

Short answer: niggers and jews

>96% white

Where is this paradise you speak of

The nicest mall in our city, that hasn't closed any major shops yet, is being overrun by somalis and niggers.

The versace store got robbed something like 10k in product this summer.

Best Buy killed by New Egg and Amazon

I am going to miss Best Buy since they were a way to get electronics paying with cash.

Also being able to try on clothes is good.

Malls can be used as a metaphor for civic spaces; why are civic spaces deteriorating in the US? Forced integration, interfering with freedom-of-association, speech codes and thought crimes, lax enforcement of laws, relaxing social norms to accommodate fringe behavior, forced acceptance of behavior that deteriorates social norms.

Underrated comment

New outdoor multi use facilities are taking over. They have mall stores, apartments, and some liberal tech company has an office on site.

This. Almost every salesperson with a kiosk in the midway is a middle eastern trying to sell some skin and nail care item. Avoid eye contact at all costs.

>Davidowitz

MUH 6 GIGAGILLION MALLS

ITS ANUDDAH SHOAH!